open/close all folders
Your Character/AmyA new employee of Raines Corp. and the protagonist of the story
- All Girls Like Ponies: She owned a pony as a child.
- Ambiguously Human: It's first hinted that Adrian briefly sees something off about Amy, while still on the serum's influence. In the bonus scene of Book 1, Gaius and Jameson imply in their conversation that nobody has noticed yet her true nature.
- Its revealed in Book 2 shes a bloodkeeper, a female human who when having come into contact with vampires is able to see the memories of all vampires.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: Her default name is Amy, but you can name her whatever you like.
- Interspecies Romance: All four of her love interests are vampires while she is a human for the first two books, anyway.
- Naïve Newcomer: She is shown the details of the vampire world by Adrian after stumbling upon him feeding on Nicole Anderson's blood.
- Nice to the Waiter: When visiting Priya's house, Amy can call her out when Priya starts to abuse Sergio, which he appreciates by looking grateful at her.
- Out with a Bang: A premium option in Book 2 Chapter 5 allows her to hook up with Priya that results in death. The story then restarts to the moment before the offer.
- The Renfield: She is hired to be Adrian's personal assistant. Her role includes running errands for him like getting special items from the files. After refusing to be debriefed, Adrian trusts her with more dangerous missions.
- Token Human: The only human main character in the story. Subverted at the end of Book 2 when she is turned into a vampire.
- Wham Shot: She provides one at the end of Book 2. Just as it looks like she's about to die (complete with a message appearing reading "The End", the music swells up again and we get a close-up of her mouth with a set of fangs emerging, confirming that she is now a vampire!
Leader of Clan Raines and CEO of Raines Corp.
- Category Traitor: The Council of Vampires, bar Kamilah, consider him to be a traitor to the vampires when they learn he's trying to make a serum to make himself human again.
- Character Customization: His design can be selected by the player between three races (white, black, and Ambiguously Brown).
- Dark and Troubled Past: He appears to still be haunted by the foul actions he committed when he first became a vampire.
- Distressed Dude: After he was sentenced to death by sunlight exposure by the Council, he was kept in the Bloody Cellars, The Baron's prison, while awaiting his death sentence.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: Hes the nicest Vampire Council member, only feeding from donors like his Vice President Nicole Anderson, wanting to live peacefully without harming anyone, and placing his trust on Amy immediately.
- I Just Want To Be Human: He thinks life as a vampire is an unfortunate existence, hence his secret project to become human again.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: The last portrait fragment vision reveals that he had Gaius confined in an onyx sarcophagus but still alive in case he was needed. Unfortunately, this proved to be a terrible mistake because Gaius could still influence Scholar Jameson to wreak havoc in New York City.
- Pretty Boy: Adrian, no matter the appearance. Lampshaded by Griff, who calls him a pretty boy. If Amy denies that he's a pretty boy, Lily asks her if she's seen his "big, shiny, cartoon prince eyes."
- Romantic Vampire Boy: Has a bit of this to him.
- Shirtless Captives: He is found shirtless when held captive in the Bloody Cellars.
- Staking the Loved One: He had to kill his former lover, Celia, because she turned into a Feral.
- Token Good Teammate: He and Kamilah are these among the Vampire Council. He treats other people with respect, doesnt resort to crime or deception, and really wants to help others.
Leader of Clan Sayeed and CEO of Ahmanet Financial
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: She doesnt quite trust humans because she finds them fickle.Adrian: Kamilah is a brilliant and fascinating woman, but warmth is not her forte.
- Blunt Metaphors Trauma: Kamilah comically misses the point when it comes to figurative language, including misunderstanding the terms "you're killing me" and "badass," the latter of which she thought was actually referring to a person's buttocks.
- Cannot Tell a Joke: According to Lily, not once does she make a joke.
- Deadpan Snarker: She has her moments, such as when talking about her fellow council members and towards Jax.
- Dual Wield: She wields two daggers, one on each hand.
- Head-Turning Beauty: She has been noted several times to be incredibly beautiful by Amy, Lily, and everyone in Italy.
- Lady in a Power Suit: Kamilah wears a pant suit, adorned with a very expensive-looking necklace.
- Lady of War: She has been a fighter since her human days, to the point she was known as "The Vampire Queen" after being turned.
- The Mentor: To Lily, whom she trained in daily life as a vampire.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Lily's red. She's serious, reserved, and forthright.
- Token Good Teammate: While not as amiable as Adrian, shes still likable enough for Amy and Lily to trust her.
- Twofer Token Minority: Shes Middle Eastern and bisexual.
- Vengeful Widow: She killed the vampire hunter who killed her lover.
- Black and Nerdy: Shes black and enjoys playing video games.
- Damsel in Distress: She was attacked by a vampire or Feral at the end of Chapter 4, needing to be rescued by Amy and Adrian.
- Gamer Chick: She plays video games during her spare time.
- Hackette: In Book 2 Chapter 2, she bypasses Adrian's security system with relative ease when searching for the Amulet of Nero's whereabouts.
- Naïve Newcomer: She is introduced to the vampire world after being turned into a vampire.
- Number Two: To Jax. He puts her in charge of his clan when he's going to Paris with Amy and Adrian.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Kamilah's blue. She's upbeat, playful, and Speaks In Shoutouts.
- Took a Level in Badass: At first, Lily lacks fighting skills compared to the other love interests. By Book 1 Chapter 15, she fights well with a crossbow against ferals as a result of the offscreen time she spent with the clanless vampires in the previous chapters. By Book 2, she has developed Fangbook, a social media platform to help New York's clan vampires interact with one another.
- Twofer Token Minority: Shes black and bisexual.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is dyed purple.
Leader of New Yorks clanless vampires
- Just Like Robin Hood: Jax steals from the clans (excluding Clan Baron) to fund the Shadow Den.
- Katanas Are Just Better: His Weapon of Choice.
- Mysterious Protector: The first time Amy met him was when he rescued her when she was almost taken by The Baron.
- Mysterious Watcher: He secretly watched over Amy since she had become Adrian's assistant.
- Rebel Leader: He wants to usurp the Vampire Council with his band of clanless vampires for alleged abuse of power.
- Romantic Vampire Boy: The other male vampire love interest.
Vampire Council Members
As a Whole
- Council of Vampires: Each member is the leader of a clan of 30 vampires, including the leader.
- Really 700 Years Old: All the members are at least a century old. Special note goes to Kamilah, who is 2,063 years old.
- Vampires Are Rich: All six members. Adrian, Kamilah, and Lester are CEOs; Priyas a fashion designer; Adams a senator; and the Barons a mob boss.
- See Main Characters folder
- See Main Characters folder
Leader of Clan Castellanos and CEO of Castellanos Meats
- Bad Boss: Back in the 1920s, he complained about his employees striking for higher wages. Adrian later said that many injuries were reported in his plant.
- Dirty Old Man: Upon meeting Amy, he called her a beautiful creature, touched her, and suggested that she called him daddy.
- The Hedonist: According to Scholar Jameson's notes in Book 2 Chapter 2, he's very fond of worldly pleasures even after being turned into a vampire.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He bought time for Amy, Adrian, Kamilah, and Jax to escape from Gaius by ambushing him, though at the cost of his own life as a result.
- Hidden Depths: He may be a perverted, hedonistic misogynist, but he's also a cunning thinker who knows the threat ferals and Gaius pose, even suggesting that the vial containing the First Vampire's blood be destroyed.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: He resembles Jason Mantzoukas.
- Only Sane Man: When Adrian presented the vial containing the First Vampire's blood and warned Gaius's escape, he demanded that the vial be destroyed and the council members flee for the lives.
- Pragmatic Villainy: After Vega is killed and his treachery exposed, Adrian proposes Jax to take his spot in the Council. Like Priya, he only agrees because it's a more practical way to control the feral problem.
- Sacrificial Lion: He was killed by Gaius, who recorded the event live in order to goad the clan vampires into joining him and hunt down the gang.
- Your Head Asplode: Gaius killed him by blowing his head up.
Leader of Clan Lacroix, a fashion designer, and the owner of the Crimson Veil nightclub
- Bad Boss: She is physically and verbally abusive towards her houseboys, as demonstrated with Sergio, whom she violently grabbed and called worm when he voiced his opinion.
- Broken Pedestal: To Lily, who remarked that Priya might be her role model before meeting her in person and witnessing how abusive she is to her employees.
- The Cameo: She appears in a premium scene in Chapter 7 in Nightbound as a guest at Lady Smoke's casino.
- She also appears as a client of Aisha's in Bachelorette Party and comes on a bit too strong to her.
- Depraved Bisexual: Heavily implied to be this since she is sexually aggressive to Amy and keeps male sex slaves (possibly female ones too), whom she does not exactly treat very well.
- She shows just as much interest in Alex of Nightbound as she does Amy, regardless of gender.
- Early-Bird Cameo: She can be first encountered in Chapter 2 prior to her official debut in Chapter 7.
- FaceHeel Turn: In Book 2 Chapter 6, it is revealed that she betrayed the Council to Gaius.
- The Hedonist: She owns a decadent mansion, keeps physically fit houseboys for pleasure, and wants to keep Amy for fun.
- Hidden Depths: Despite her hedonism and abuse of her houseboys, she is horrified and saddened at Marcels death.
- Multiethnic Name: Her first name is of Indian origin while her last name is French.
- Pragmatic Villainy: After Vega is killed and his treachery exposed, Adrian proposes Jax to take his spot in the Council. She is the first to vote in favor, and only agrees because it's a more practical way to control the feral problem.
- The Vamp: A literal example. She's a vampire who abuses her houseboys, frequently clashes with Adrian and Kamilah, and frequently goads Amy into hooking up with her.
- Vampires Own Nightclubs: She owns the Crimson Veil nightclub.
The Baron/Cecil Romano IV
Leader of Clan Baron, a crime lord, and the owner of The Shrike speakeasy
- Bad Boss: He imprisons members of his own clan who don't toe the line as well as subordinates who fail to pay their due.
- Disproportionate Retribution: He once flayed a man alive and sent his skin back to his widow for insulting his hat. He also has a habit of throwing people he find nosy into the Bloody Cellars.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Hes the only council member whose name is initially unknown, so he's simply referred to by his alias. Searching through Scholar Jameson's documents in Book 2 Chapter 2 reveals that his real name is Cecil Romano IV.
- Fat Bastard: Portly and one of the more sinister vampires in the story.
- Flippant Forgiveness: He voted in favor of allowing Lily to join Clan Raines even though Amy escaped from The Shrike while running an errand for Adrian. That is, under the condition that Adrian drops the matter with the Baron as well.
- Off with His Head!: Gaius killed him by tearing his head from his body.
- Roaring Twenties: His era of origin. This is reflected in The Shrike having a Prohibition-era aesthetic, dress code, and slang.
- Sadist: He keeps a Hellhole Prison underneath the Shrike called the Bloody Cellars, where prisoners are tortured.
- Waistcoat of Style: As part of his Roaring Twenties aesthetic.
- Would Hurt a Child: One of his prisoners is a child named Vladimir, implying his willingness to imprison and torture children.
Leader of Clan Vega and a senator with ambitions to become President
- The Chessmaster: Though not the perpetrator of the first wave of feral attacks, he took advantage of it to strengthen his power base, launched the feral attack on the Awakening Ball by turning Adrian's employees into ferals, and framed Adrian for the attack that led to his imprisonment.
- Corrupt Politician: In life, he was a tyrannical Spanish lord. As a vampire, he has no regrets being bribed as long as it advances his ambitions to become President, such as favoring those who make generous donations to his PAC.
- Deal with the Devil: He agrees to grant Lily the next open spot for Adrians clan on the condition that Adrian votes to have the clanless killed.Adrian: We're now in his debt. Which is a terrible place to be.
- Disc-One Final Boss: He becomes this for the second half of Book 1. While not responsible of the clanless and the first ferals in New York, once Nicole tips him off about Adrian's serum project, he conspires with her to take down Adrian and get the serum.
- Fantastic Racism: He hates clanless vampires to the point of waging an extermination war against them because of their increased risk of becoming Ferals.
- Slave to PR: He has every aspect of his identity backed by a PR cover, like "having a hypersensitivity to sunlight" to justify why he never partakes in activities outdoors during the day. After the Feral attack on Marcels estate, he planned to launch a cover story of the victims killed by a gas leak and doctored photos accompanying it.
- Villain with Good Publicity: The general public is most likely fond of Vega - he is referred to as "America's hottest Senator", has a practiced "politician smile", and his charm and charisma are the first things Amy notices about him.
- Ambition Is Evil: Adam is constantly on the lookout for ways to improve himself. At the same time, he is decribed as lacking a "moral compass". He wants what he wants, no matter what it takes.
- Last-Name Basis: Most people call him "Vega" rather than "Adam". Priya even did this when they were a couple.
- The Casanova: Adrian made clear that Adam "always was a lady killer. Sometimes literally."
- Latin Lover: Adam is Spanish, and portrayed as very charming and handsome.
- Old-School Chivalry: Gaius refers to Adam as "always so chivalrous" when he protects Priya from physical harm by attacking Gaius who is hurting her.
- I Kiss Your Hand: He kisses both Amy's and Serafine's hand upon meeting them.
- Eternally Pearly-White Teeth: Vega's teeth are described as "dazzling".
- Your Head Asplode: In Book 1 Chapter 15, Adrian blows his head up after becoming stronger from coming into contact with rays from Amy's UV flashlight.
- See Main Characters folder
The Clanless/Clan Matsuo
- See Main Characters folder
A child turned into vampire who had to be adopted by the Clanless
- Creepy Child: Despite her sweet character, she cheerfully lets it slip that the Clanless are planning on declare war onto the clans, disturbing Amy.
- I Have No Daughter!: She was effectively disowned by her mother, who called her a monster after she was turned into a vampire.
- The Pollyanna: She is still a cheerful little girl, despite the fact that she might turn into a feral and can never see her parents again.
- Undead Child: She is one of the very few child vampires that haven't been killed or turned feral.
Arnold NorthmunA clanless vampire whose wife turned into a feral while he was spared
- Fantastic Racism: Towards clan vampires and, by extension, anyone associated with them, as expected from a clanless vampire.
- The Lost Lenore: He and his wife were turned, with her turning feral immediately. Her death contributes to his hatred of the clan vampires.
Elena VoAn older clanless in charge of the clothes
- The Fashionista: She administrates the clothes business in the Shadow Den.
A former stage performer turned into a vampire
- Action Girl: In Chapter 15, she was one of the clanless vampires who fought with her fellow clanless vampires against the Ferals.
- Career-Ending Injury: After being murdered and turned by a member of Priya's clan, she couldn't return to her previous life as a performer, which she resents deeply. She has to resign herself to only perform at the Shadow Den.
- I Just Want To Be Human: She was turned into a vampire against her will, relegating her to perform in the Shadow Den only.Lily: What does she want?
Jax: The only thing she can't have. Her life back.
- Ms. Fanservice: She is a cabaret-style performer.
Griff SandersonThe man in charge of the weapon distribution and combat training
Vice President of Raines Corp.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Towards Amy. She had been working for Adrian for a long time and shared his goal, which believes is all the more reason she deserves to be a vampire. However, Amy stole her thunder and asked Adrian to accept Lily into his clan when she was attacked by a vampire, prompting her to reveal Adrian's secret serum project to Adam and frame Adrian.
- The Renfield: She serves as Adrians go-to blood supply.
- Treacherous Advisor: She's been working with Adam against Adrian to steal the serum.
- Vampire Vannabe: Chapter 5 reveals that she wants to be on the waiting list for Clan Raines.
- Villains Want Mercy: If Amy chooses to confront and kill her in Chapter 15, she'll beg for mercy before getting killed.
An ancient vampire who turned Adrian and Kamilah into vampires
- A God Am I: He encourages other vampires to think of themselves as such.
- Ambiguously Evil: The full extent of his plan to provide a home for his fellow vampires is unknown, but it seems to involve unsavory methods, such as goading Adrian to embrace his vampirism by feeding on a wounded soldier, assisting Kamilah and a few other vampires to massacre rebelling peasants, and killing any dissenting vampires. The full extent of his motives was revealed in Chapter 13, when it's revealed that he plotted to exterminate most of humanity with a Synthetic Plague and enslave the survivors as blood bags.
- Arrow Catch: During a peasant uprising, he grabbed a crossbow bolt fired at his back in mid-air.
- Big Bad: Despite having being defeated and imprisoned by The Council in 1920, he has been orchestrating all the events of Book 1 through Jameson, directly responsible of the first feral cases, Lily's transformation, and the psychic tapestry fragments for Amy.
- The Dreaded: The Council members are terrified of him.
- Humans Are the Real Monsters: He believes in this because humanity has shunned and hunted vampires for centuries, hence his plot to turn the tables on them.
- Play-Along Prisoner: He was captured by Kamilah's forces to be interrogated for his supernatural abilities, but he easily breaks free because they mistakenly think vampires are repulsed to silver chains.
- Playing with Fire: Whenever he conjures a ball of flame on his hand, it indicates that he's controlling someone like a puppet, such as Banner Westbrook.
- Really 700 Years Old: He was revealed to be as ancient as Kamilah (or maybe even more) in a vision in a premium option in Book 1 Chapter 12, when he first met her and turned her into a vampire. He's actually from the 8th Century B.C.
An 18th Century vampire serving as the keeper of the Musea Sanguis
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: The bonus scene at the end of Chapter 16 reveals that he attacked Lily and caused the first feral attack before Vega used it for his own ends.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: Wears a pair of glasses, and is behind the first wave of feral attacks in New York City.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: He is in charge of the Debriefings, which consist of erasing a humans memories of anything related to vampires.
- Living Lie Detector: He has the ability to figure out whether a person is telling the truth or not.
A vampire child from the 18th Century and a friend of Kamilah
- An Arm and a Leg: If Amy chooses to try saving him, the ferals grab him before he can make it into the cabinet, leaving behind only his arm.
- Life of the Party: He often threw parties, which Banner Westbrook believed caught the unwanted attention of peasants. During the Awakening Ball, he was off dancing on a table while one of his newly-turned vampires stood alone at the ball.
- Undead Child: Appears as a preteen.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: He was properly introduced in Chapter 9, only to be killed off in Chapter 10.
One of Gaius's top soldiers
- I Die Free: He chose to die over having Gaius be his king.
- Posthumous Character: It's eventually revealed that he is already dead before the main story.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: As soon as he intended to rebel against Gaius, he gets replaced immediately by a newly turned Adrian.
An ancient priestess who became the First Vampire
- A God Am I: After becoming a vampire, she considers herself a goddess who rules over humanity for their tendency to inflict misery on one another.
- Ambiguously Evil: When she returns in Book 3, she claims that she wants a world where humans and vampires and coexist peacefully, helps to rebuild New York after the events of Book 2 and seems to inspire everyone she comes across. However, Amy can guess that there's more to her than meets the eye, especially after she has a vision with Rheya covered in blood. It's revealed in Chapter 8 that Rheya murders the people she feeds off of, uses their blood to gain power, kills people without remorse and tries to mind control Adrian, Kamillah, Jax and Lily into killing Amy.
- Back from the Dead: If the player collects all portrait fragments in Book 2, she's revealed to have come back from the dead.
- Humans Are Bastards: This is her view on humans, which she uses to justify her conquests.
- Posthumous Character: She was dead long before the series began, impaled on the Tree of Eternal Life, which gave her her powers through its blood-like sap. Subverted in Book 3, when she comes back from the dead after Amy becomes a vampire.
Erik Balthazar IV/Xenocrates
The Grand Cleric of the Order of the Dawn, an ancient organization dedicated to the extermination of vampires. Later revealed to be the first person Rheya turned into a vampire
- Bald of Evil: Lack of hair to match his lack of heart. Goes hand in hand with...
- Beard of Evil: A white goatee that fits his bald head.
- Eyepatch of Power: He wears one and is the leader of an organization that has hunted vampires throughout its existence.
- He Who Fights Monsters: He opposed Rheya's conquests upon witnessing her increasing brutality and put an end to her life when he felt there was no other choice. As Erik Balthazar, he brainwashes recruits into overzealous killers who kill any vampire on sight on the belief that they're all evil despite some evidence to the contrary.
- Really 700 Years Old: As Xenocrates, he's revealed to have come from the 8th Century B.C.
- The Spymaster: Served as one under Rheya.
- The Wise Prince: He pleaded to his father to spare Rheya's life because he believed that her execution will incur the wrath of their gods.