A 600 year old tsukumogami that arose from a kusari-fundo (Japanese chain weapon). He is especially fond of and protective toward children, human or otherwise. Saitou meets him by chance in the modern day, and then things snowball from there.
- The Ageless: As a tsukumogami, he doesn't age. He can still be killed, but he won't die naturally.
- Really 700 Years Old: He looks 20ish and is about 600.
- A God Am I: Non-megalomanical variant. Becomes a kami of protection, specifically to children.
- Barrier Warrior: His focus is almost always on defense and protecting other people, and he can use his endless chains to create literal barriers.
- Big Brother Mentor: To Hana, a much younger tsukumogami. Also to the students of his self defense classes.
- Bishōnen: His human appearance is probably formed in the human standard of beauty from back when he came to life, which makes him youthful and delicate-looking. His natural appearance is, well, a chain.
- Friend to All Children: He even becomes a kami dedicated to their protection.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: His natural form is a living chain weapon, but he takes a human form to get along in society. He does mention that the humans who saw him crawling around before he learned to take a human form were a little freaked out...
- Incredibly Lame Pun: His primary form of humor, and usually takes the shape of saying something like I could hang around for a while (and then taking his true shape as a kusari-fundo and hanging on the wall).
- Variable-Length Chain: He can extend or shorten it by feeding his own power into the chain.
- Chain Pain: Chains are his weapons.
- Dowsing Device: Uses his chains to find underground water or the location of a thing several times.
- Dual Wielding: He uses a chain in each hand.
- Empathic Weapon: Justified in that his chains are actually a part of his being.
- Hammerspace: Chains from apparently nowhere.
- Don't Make Me Destroy You: Despite his power and skill (and being a sentient weapon) he doesnt like to fight, and will more likely attack weapons and inanimate objects before their users.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Not as much as some, but still appropriate given his shoulder-length hair and slender build.
- Hero Secret Service: For Saitou a couple times, and for Darien after his memories and power awaken. Takes these duties extremely seriously.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: He can see kami, meaning he is in a state of pure-hearted sincerity ("magokoro").
- Instant Armor: When he transforms into his "fighting mode", he spontaneously grow armor. Looks sort of like very stylized samurai armor, if you squint really hard.
- Martial Pacifist: Unlike Kenshins will not kill philosophy, Shun will warn an aggressor to cease his/her activities. If they dont, then he will disable or kill and have no regrets about it.
- Meaningful Name: Andromeda is from a European soothsayers reading his stars.
- Silk Hiding Steel: Calm and unfailingly polite, Shun almost never loses his temper. Which doesnt mean he wont calmly and politely bury you in enough steel chain to sink a ship.
- Talking Weapon: He doesn't have a talking weapon... he is a talking weapon.
- Teleporters and Transporters: Magical version; he can teleport to the side of a child in danger, or someone who tells him there is one.
- Inconvenient Summons: Not always willingly; he can be transported instantly and unwittingly to the side of a child who prays to him.
- Touched by Vorlons: Blessed by the Earth Kami after he became a kami in his own right. It is a little vague if it was Dariens power that pushed him over the edge into becoming a kami himself but it was certainly a consequence of his vow to protect Darien for the rest of his mortal life.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair: His hair is normally brown, but he changes it to green after WWII when in his armored youkai form to keep his identity from being discovered.
Inu hanyou and leader of a hidden safe village. He's the head of the dog youkai clan (which is essentially just him and his descendants).
- BFS: In its true form, Tessaiga is a really big freaking sword...
- Boisterous Bruiser: He hasnt really gotten much calmer with age.
- Can't Live Without You: Sesshomaru binds their souls together so that Inuyasha will live as long as he does. If Sesshomaru ever dies, he will too, instantly.
- Cool Sword: Tessaiga seems to retain its canon powers. He uses at least wind scar, diamond barrage, and barrier breaker in the story.
- Feeling Their Age: Averted. Though he's 400 or more and physically in his fifties, he never seems affected by and only barely conscious of his years and physical age.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half human, half inudaiyoukai.
- Incest Subtext: It's never actually stated that he and Sesshomaru are mates, but it seems like it.
- Long-Lived: As a powerful hanyou, he ages, but only about a tenth as fast as a human.
- Mysterious Animal Senses: He can detect things like emotions and illness through scent. Because he's a dog, of course.
- Overprotective Dad: Not just toward his "grandkids", either. He seems to see everyone as a child. It's probably justified since hes at least 400 years old.
- Only Sane Man: Tessaiga keeps him sane during the insanity-inducing apocalypse, when even Sesshomaru has been influenced by chaos.
- Really 700 Years Old: He's at least 400, since it appears the Inuyasha canon was merged with Rurouni Kenshin in this universe, and he looks to be in his fifties or sixties.
- Restraining Bolt:
- He still has the "sit!" prayer necklace permanently attached to him; Sesshomaru seems to find it disgusting, but it is useful when he loses Tessaiga and goes insane, and Inuyasha doesn't seem to mind it.
- Tessaiga and its sheath are restraining bolts on him - they hold his youkai blood in check.
- Retired Badass: Hes physically in his 50s and lives a life of peace and quiet in a village of his descendants he calls "grandkids" (leaving out a few "great"s). He seems to have given up his adventuring and heroing ways, though it's impossible to pinpoint when exactly he retired.
- Superpowered Evil Side: When he loses Tessaiga, he loses his mind and becomes an unstoppable, animalistic killing machine that not even Sesshomaru can completely subdue. It overlaps with My Instincts Are Showing - this is a natural part of him that he can't control on his own.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Instant ramen. Saitou at one point pays him for his time in it. (And Saitou goes there to eat it with him and get away from Kenshin's wholesome home cooking...)
Inuyasha's brother, a daiyoukai not incredibly interested in the human world, but nominally on Kenshin & co's side.
- The Ageless: He is not described as looking any older than he did in the canon Inuyasha series.
- Really 700 Years Old: No one says specifically how old he is, but since the Inuyasha canon seems to have been merged into this universe, by 2015 he has to be at least 700 or so.
- Time Abyss: He isn't that old yet, but since both his parents are or were a Time Abyss (thusands of years old), he's a young one.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: He hardly speaks, but you do not want to fight with him.
- Cool Sword: Tenseiga and Bakusaiga.
- Cultured Badass: He's proper (if not always polite) and extremely conscious of etiquette, which he more often than not uses to make a statement about how little he respects other people. He's also one of the most powerful youkai alive.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Hair down to there, a pretty face, and wearing a furisode probably doesn't help.
- Incest Subtext: Its never actually stated that he and Inuyasha are mates, but it seems like it.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Well, since he can use Tenseiga to its full potential ("healing a hundred in one blow"), maybe? He only really shows a good heart toward Inuyasha.
- Morality Chain: Inuyasha seems to be the reason he does decent things.
- The Stoic: He doesnt even seem to lift his eyebrows, emoting purely through glances.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: His human forms eyes are gold, a clear sign of being youkai. (Never mind the vertical pupils.)
- Super Speed: You think Aoshi is fast? You think Kenshin's godlike speed is fast? Sesshomaru literally moves too fast to see.
- Third-Person Person: "This Sesshomaru", never "I" - and even "this group" instead of "we".
- To Hell and Back: Once in the story he journeys through Hell and comes back, and Koenma says that his canon trip through Hell also happened in the backstory.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Only between his dog and human forms. (Although his human form seems to be a little fluid.)
Hana is a porcelain doll tsukumogami who woke up in 1945 and appears as a young girl. Saitou in particular becomes attached to her.
- Affectionate Nickname: Uncle Hajime, Uncle Crazyhair, Uncle Gozaru, Uncle Prettyboy all girls she likes are "daughters", all boys she doesnt are "sons", and all men she respects are "uncle".
- The Ageless: As a tsukumogami, she won't ever age, though she can still be killed.
- Break the Cutie: A disturbingly literal occurrence - the hanyou village where she lives goes crazy and the parents of the girl shes staying with attack her, leaving her porcelain back shattered.
- Creepy Doll: Mostly averted - she is a living doll, but shes sweet and kind and only one person finds her disturbing.
- Friend to All Children: Girls, anyway. All she wants to do in life is be with and take care of daughters. (Sons she finds too rough, and since she is made of porcelain...)
- Girly Girl: Well, she is a doll.
- Hime Cut: She's described as having one, and she is very polite and proper.
- Ill Girl: After a fashion. She doesnt have an actual illness, but she is, literally, delicate - shes made of porcelain and must be careful (so theres a lot of things she cant do) and everyone has to be careful with her.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Her mental age is around 6-8, and she can see kami, which requires a pure heart.
- Innocent Flower Girl: Sweet, kind, innocent, and - while growing flowers isnt her main pastime - she enjoys growing flowers and does so for a shrine. (Plus her name just means flower.)
- Morality Pet: To Saitou; he tends to show paternal sides toward her even when being a Jerkass to his own family.
- Unlimited Wardrobe: Her clothes are different in almost every scene, including giving her a little nurses uniform while shes taking care of a sick girl. Its not certain whether someone just likes playing dress-up with the doll or whether thats a power of hers
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Younger than the standard in appearance, but she has all the traits thanks to being owned by generations of higher ranking daughters.
- Youkai: Shes a tsukumogami, in this case a doll that came to life after 100 years.
The Yoko no Kurama is an old, powerful kitsune who keeps crossing paths with Kenshin's group, even after they think they already defeated him.
- The Ageless: Daiyoukai don't seem ot age, and he's at least three hundred years old, though he looks young.
- Animal Motifs: Fox, natch.
- Becoming the Mask: He never had anything but contempt for humans, until he was born as one. He still has contempt for the humans as a race but he does love his human mother.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: In both forms, though his human form is more "pretty".
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Implied with some of the people he had prisoner in 1945.
- Cycle of Revenge: With Kenshins clan, leading to several deaths and tortures.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: In his human form only. Youd have to be blind to mistake him for female as Yoko Kurama.
- Gentleman Snarker
- Green Thumb
- Living Legend: Yuugi is quite surprised to hear what the ryu clan thinks of him. Among the kitsune youkai, he and his exploits are legendary, the type of thing talked about in awed whispers and italics.
- Mama's Boy: In his human life.
- Phantom Thief: His claim to fame.
- Smug Fox
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Between humanoid and fox forms and later between red-haired human and white haired giant fox-man.
- White Hair, Black Heart
One of Shun's friends, a boisterous youkai priest who comes to tend Rune and Tintlet's temple.
- Animal Motifs: Swan (justified in that he is a swan youkai).
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Celibate Hero: Swans mate for life, and he hasnt found his special someone yet.
- Large Ham: Very large.
- Long-Lived: As a youkai, his life span is far longer than humans'.
- Really 700 Yers Old: Shun says that he's five hundred years old or more, though he appears to be in his twenties or thirties.
- Mr. Exposition: Spends a long scene telling Saitou the myths of the Earthkami.
- Muscles Are Meaningful: Played completely straight. As a swan youkai, his flight - aka chest and arm - muscles are extremely well developed, as Saitou notes appreciatively.
- Sexy Priest: Saitou notices this a lot.
- Sexy Mentor: Becomes one to his 'nephew', Ryuuhou and temporarily to Rei
- Supernatural Martial Arts: You don't see it often in the RP, but he is a trained and skilled martial artist with the ability to control ice as well as shapeshift into a swan.
- Warrior Monk: Trained fighter and devout Shinto priest with the ability to crush boulders in his hands.