Some spoilers unmarked.
- Badass Crew: All of them have their own specialties, and have come out on top of multiple struggles, even managing to elude death more than once.
- Five-Man Band: Though, they don't completely fall into their roles.
- Jane - The Leader: Usually calls the shots when the group can't decide on a plan.
- Michelle - The Lancer: Jane's best friend and the first person she meets in the hospital
- Caius - The Big Guy: Loves to fight, and is good at it.
- Dr. Finch and Fuse - alternating between The Chick and The Smart Guy: Both of them are pretty smart, Finch in multiple scientific fields, but especially medicine, and Fuse in hacking and technology, as such they also both play a support role in different missions, though Fuse is more of a fighter than Finch.
A nurse who wakes up in an abandoned hospital.
- Adorkable: While all of them have their moments, Jane loves hugging and putting flowers on people's heads.
- Action Girl: Less so than Michelle, but has her moments, using improvised weaponry to take down different monsters in the first chapter, and just gets better later on.
- Bad Powers, Good People: Can control anything that has enough of her blood in it, including people.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Genuinely nice and wants to help people. Prophet finds this out the hard way. Jane manages to pseudo-indirectly kill three mutants, including Prophet, who hyperventilates to death due to his fear of being taken over by Jane and his less than appropriate respiratory system.
- No Name Given: An interesting example, while shes told most of the people on her side her real name, most keep calling her Blondie, and no one mentions her real name thus, the reader doesn't have any clue what her real name is.
- Subverted on page 1058, her real name is Mine which has been hinted at and mentioned several times in previous pages.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Is naturally blonde, and one of the nicest characters in the comic. Preferring to save her enemies than kill.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half human, half Eldritch Abomination.
- Improbable Weapon User: Has, at various points in the comic, used bandages, syringes, a ventilation duct, and a blanket to disable enemies.
- Immune to Mind Control: The protagonist can't be affected by the mind control serum Save the Queen... because her own blood has the same properties but stronger. Anyone injected with Jane Doe's blood becomes immune to Save the Queen's control, but can now be controlled by Jane Doe instead.
- Less so when it comes to The Many which controls through psychic rather than blood, though she manages to fight through it.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Michelle and Jane. Michelle loves guns and is a buff, tube cop. Jane is a sweet girl who loves to give hugs, and her style of dealing with foes is more indirect.
A large tube cop who got stuck in a break room, carries a large cannon
- Action Girl: Is the best shot in the group, and is incredibly strong, owing to the fact that she's a tube cop.
- BFG: The Stratemeyer cannon that she wields in the first chapter. It can completely destroy a hospital monster in one blast.
- Designer Babies: Was specifically created to be a frontliner, like a cop or a soldier, with 10 years of firearm and military training downloaded into her mind.
- The Lad-ette: Goes without saying. Loves guns, incredibly buff, and, isn't afraid to get her hands dirty.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: See example under Jane's folder.
- Why Did it Have to be Spiders: Has arachnophobia as demonstrated in her first meeting with Prophet.
A doctor from the hospital, hiding out in the laundry room.
- Badass Bookworm: Not usually, but exemplified when a shootout happens at his house, and Jane syncs him with Michelle's gun training and Caius' CQC training
- Bi the Way: Had a wife and is currently attracted to Caius.
- Labcoat of Science and Medicine: Wears a labcoat in most of his appearances, and is a multi-disciplinary genius.
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist: Downplayed. While Finch is familiar with multiple branches of science, he is not infallible, and will need to study before he can come up with appropriate results and theories.
- The Professor: A self proclaimed genius. Great at studying and coming up with theories, but excels best at medicine.
A pyrokinetic mutant investigating his friend's alleged crimes.
An ex-bouncer from club Elegance.
- Badass Gay: Is loaded with a few years of MMA training and was originally meant to be a cage fighter. He demonstrates his skills by beating a soldier-class labmeat, though with a little physical boost from Jane. Also says that he has never met labmeat who was straight, including himself.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Possibly the loudest in the group, rivaled only by Michelle, but definitely the most physically capable, at least in terms of close combat.
- Designer Babies: Another labmeat, but not a tube cop like michelle, instead his batch was made to be cage fighters, but were apparently bad at it, so were sold to a club to become bouncers.
- Manly Gay: He likes men, his favourite tactic is going in, guns blazing, and is large, and loud.