open/close all folders
Danny McNamara (portrayed by Matt Barr)
A former FBI agent turned antiquities expert who is once again called back to action to find Cleopatra before Farouk finds it first.
- Badass Bookworm: He's a ridiculously well-educated and well-read lawyer who's well-versed in arts and antiquities but he prefers using his knowledge to be a rough-and-tumble investigator and adventurer.
- Berserk Button: It turns out he has one when criminals insist they arent rats... because he turned his father in to stop a murder, and his dads refusal to testify himself is why hes still in jail.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Danny can't seem to help from doing the right thing. Jay describes him as someone who "has to save beautiful, broken things."
- I Am Not My Father: Danny deliberately structured his life to make it nothing like that of his father Patrick, a corrupt cop who went to jail for an art heist.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Turns out the reason why Reese became the closest thing he has to a father figure instead of his actual dad is because Danny turned in his father when his dad was about to kill someone to cover up a theft. Dad eventually agreed he made the right decision.
- Informed Flaw: He dresses quite nicely but Lexi considers his day-to-day style to be a little scruffy.
- The Paragon
- Pop-Cultured Badass: In comparison to Lexi, he cant help but gleefully spout quotes and references whenever they would apply.
Lexi Vaziri (portrayed by Sofia Pernas)
A master thief & con-woman who teams up with Danny to find Cleopatra, and also to avenge her father's death at the hands of Farouk.
- Action Girl
- Big Eater: She's constantly eating and other characters, particularly Chuck, complain about how she clears out their refrigerators.
- Classy Cat-Burglar: She's a high-end thief who uses her looks and charms to steal from extremely wealthy people while dressed to the nines.
- Deadpan Snarker: As many dont trust her, she often resorts to this.
- The Determinator: No matter how many times shes knocked down, she will just keep going.
- In the Blood: Turns out her mother was an Action Girl as well... and a member of the Brotherhood and Fabis partner.
- Loveable Rogue: But of course!
- Pop-Cultural Osmosis Failure: Completely misses most of Dannys references. Even when visiting Casablanca, she has to look up clips of the film to get some of them.
- Secret Legacy: Eventually, Danny figures out from an inscription in the Brotherhoods crypt that Lexi descends from someone important to the plot: Cleopatra and Antony.
- Walking Armory: Carries plenty of weapons and lock picks on her.
- You Killed My Father: Farouk blew him up with a bomb right after Danny had set him up in Witness Protection. Lexis response to finding out that Farouk is still alive is to pursue him for free with Danny.
Gwen Karlsson (portrayed by Katia Winter)
An Interpol agent assigned to Farouk's case.
- Action Girl
- Beware the Nice Ones: Shes usually pretty polite, but theres a reason shes an agent.
- Inspector Javert: A mild version - shes arrested most of the heroes at various times while rigidly ahdering to proper procedure and the law. She lightens up, though.
- Properly Paranoid: Shes not too keen with working with some of the characters, considering that they all eventually end up doing less-than-legal things shes correct.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Technically neither Danny nor Lexi are law enforcement so she fills the role.
- Rogue Agent: When she realizes Fabi is hiding things, and that the local police isnt telling her everything.
- The Stoic: To the point Lexi describes her as a robotic terminator.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: A comedic example when she partners up with Lexi to infiltrate Italian Police Headquarters, and is clearly irritated and uncomfortable with Lexis exuberance.
An arms dealer with ties to Farouk who reluctantly assists Danny and Lexi.
- Accent Relapse: Played with, in that Shaw loves to maintain his Fake Brit accent with just about everyone, but often drops it around Danny and Lexi.
- Butt-Monkey: Aiden is on the receiving end of a lot of pain and humiliation. In the premiere alone, he has his entire operation dismantled, gets stuffed in a trunk, gets shot, is forced to hide in a coffin, and is poisoned.
- Fake Brit
- Loveable Rogue: What he eventually morphs into as he starts to become somewhat more dependable as an ally to the heroes and starts making himself somewhat more useful.
- Nice Guy: Most people who dont know his true history seem to think he is one.
- Only Sane Man: After getting involved with Danny and Lexi, this is how he sees himself.
- Sacrificial Lion: Tries to do this, he complains when he ends up surviving.
- Starting a New Life: Why he eventually decides to willingly join Danny and Lexi when he could have left.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Danny eventually starts softening up to Aiden and going along with his antics.
Dr. Ana Castillo
Father Chuck Donnelly
Chuck Donnelly (portrayed by Mark Gagliardi)
Danny's old friend working as the foreign ministry at Vatican.
Captain Bruno Fabi
Bruno Fabi (portrayed by Antonio Cupo)
A Carabinieri TPC officer assissting Agent Gwen Karlsson in investigating Farouk, but he is secretly a member of The Brotherhood Of Serapis
- Dark Is Not Evil: Dresses in dark clothes, in some ways still considered a good guy.
- Graceful Loser: He wasnt happy with Lexi and Danny forcing his hand, but he allies with them pretty quickly.
- Good Is Not Nice: Played with, he has good intentions but his methods are definitely questionable as he straight-up murders a traitor at one point.
- Hero Antagonist: Starts out as this, but eventually becomes an ally.
- Knight Templar: He is trying to keep the tombs safe.
- Sacrificial Lion: He is killed trying to help Danny and Lexi.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Willing to kill anyone who approached the tombs or betray the Brotherhood.
Karim Farouk (portrayed by Oded Fehr)
A seemingly-deceased terrorist leader from Egypt who seeks to weaponize Antony & Cleopatra. He is later revealed to be a legitimate son of Jacob "Jay" Reece III.
- Disc-One Final Boss: Assumed to be the Big Bad of the season, but is killed halfway through.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Has a sick niece who he often visits, Danny and the others almost catch him when they exploit this.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Its revealed Karim Farouk is actually a name he adopted after being radicalized, but everyone else still calls him this.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: He used to be the definition of victim, until he became radicalized.
- Never Found the Body: At one point everyone thought the Egyptians killed him, which leads to Not Quite Dead or him potentially Faking the Dead.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky: He is a leader and setup to be a Big Bad so he definitely has a few choice words.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Whatever his true intentions are, Karim sees himself as an Egyptian patriot fighting against the superpowers of the West.
- Would Hit a Girl: Has no problem doing this to Dr. Castillo and Lexi.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: After the scientist he hired succeeds in his task, although the man was also trying to extort Karim for more money. Later, he is killed because Simon thought the same for him.
The wealthy philanthropist sponsoring the search for the tombs of Antony and Cleopatra.
The leader of the Brotherhood of Serapis.
- Cool Old Guy: As played by Julian Richings.
- Due to the Dead: Makes a point of retrieving the bodies of his people and giving them a fitting burial.
- Evil Old Folks: He approves and even encourages the Brotherhoods more brutal methods.
- I Gave My Word: He promised Lexis mother he will never tell her the truth, so for a time Lexi was suspicious of his organization.
- Nebulous Evil Organization: Before the truth is revealed, he was seen to represent one.
- Secret Legacy: Implies most of the Brotherhood recruit from family members.
- The Man Behind the Man: He is the one issuing Fabis secret orders.
The representative from Egyptian Intelligence who was in the original task force to catch Karim Farouk.
FBI Agent Harper (portrayed by Conrad Pla)
The FBI agent working the case of Dannys father.
Colonel Steiner(portrayed by Dirk Plonissen)
The man who first discovered and took Cleopatras tomb.
Reza and Jamila Vaziri
The deceased parents of Lexi Vaziri.
- Sacrificial Lamb: Both are killed at different times by enemies.
- Your Days Are Numbered: Jamila knew being part of the Brotherhood was dangerous, and Reza accepted witness protection because he knew Farouk will come after him.
Zara Farouk (portrayed by Paniz Zade)
The mother of the man who will introduce the world to Karim Farouk.