Character sheet for the film Blockers.
- Portrayed by: Kathryn Newton
- Casual Kink: Julie openly states that a candle from Wallgreens turns her on.
- Flowers of Romance: She thinks that rose petals would make her first time really special, thanks to American Beauty.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She has blonde hair, and is kind to everyone.
- Pink Means Feminine: Her bedroom is bright pink.
- Quest for Sex: The entire plot of the movie is her trying to have sex with Austin.
- Portrayed by: Geraldine Viswanthan
- Casual Kink: Apparently, all candles turn her on.
- Daddy's Girl: Mitchell thinks she is one.
- Passionate Sports Girl: Kayla has played sports all of her life, though she often appears stifled by her reputation as a tomboyish, clean-living jock, and acts out by experimenting with cigarettes and drug-laced treats, the latter prepared by her prom date Connor.
- Quest for Sex: Along with Julie and Sam, she tries to lose her virginity on prom night.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: She's the tomboy to Julie's girly girl, and Sam's neither.
- Portrayed by: Gideon Aldon
- Coming-Out Story: It eventually turns into one for her when she comes out as a lesbian to her dad and friends. Both wholeheartedly accept her.
- Fish out of Water: When she and Chad tried to have sex, it surely wasn't her thing.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: It's heavily implied she views herself as this, but eventually realizes this isn't true.
- Friendship Favoritism: She thinks that Kayla and Julie prefer each other's friendship to hers.
- Joins to Fit In: She joins the sex pact in order to get closer to Julie and Kayla.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Sam wears girly clothes, red lipstick and is more feminine than her female love interest.
- Quest for Sex: Along with Julie and Kayla, she plans on losing her virginity.
- Teens Are Short: She's significantly shorter than her friends, and has to stand on a couch (even when she's in heels), to be able to be in a selfie with her dad.
- Portrayed by: Leslie Mann
- Empty Nest: She fears being alone when Julie goes to college.
- Mama Wolf: Does whatever she can to stop Julie from having sex with Austin.
- Oh, Crap!: She accidentally implies that Julie was a "life changing mistake" during a very heated argument.
- Portrayed by: John Cena
- Accidental Pervert: He tries to seduce his wife with a thong, but is horrified when she informs him it's Kayla's.
- Twice, he winds up in compromising, awkward, sexual situations with Austin's father.
- Ass Shove: Has to chug beer. Up his butt.
- Gentle Giant: He's huge (he's portrayed by John Cena after all), but is very kind to everyone. Notably, when Hunter and Lisa threaten Austin's father by saying Mitchell will beat him up, Mitchell VERY hastily clarifys that, no, he would not do that.
- Manly Tears: He cries a lot of them.
- Papa Wolf: He throws Connor through a wall, after he finds him and Kayla almost having sex.
- Portrayed by: Ike Barinholtz
- The Friend Nobody Likes: He fits this trope perfectly, until the end of the film.
- Hidden Depths: When he's re-introduced to the audience after his first scene, he seems like a typical deadbeat dad. Over the course of the movie, he is revealed to love his daughter deeply and he desires to have a stronger connection with her. He has the coolest head amongst the three parents. He can read his daughter, who it should be mentioned, he does not see very often, and can tell that she's attracted to women, before she's told anyone else. Lastly, in a tearful rant, he reveals that he's deeply lonely and hurt after a life of pushing people or being pushed away. And, while still an adulterer, is not 100% to blame for his marriage falling apart. Notably, he's still affected by his wife physically abusing him in front of a maitre d.
- Manchild: One of the primary reasons he's so disliked.
- Open-Minded Parent: He realized that Sam was a lesbian years before she realized it herself, and tries to stop her from having sex with Chad in order to fit the norm.
- Papa Wolf: He doesn't hesitate to beat up Chad if he made Sam do something she didn't want to do.
- Sympathetic Adulterer: It's revealed that he and his wife stopped speaking months before, and that she was physically abusing him, before he cheated on her.