Ichigo Kurosaki | Ichigo's Companions | Gotei 13 Squads 1 - 7 | Gotei 13 Squads 8 - 13 | Soul King and Zero Squad | Aizen and His Cohorts | Visoreds and Exiled Soul Reapers | Espada | Arrancars | Hollows | Karakura Town Residents | Soul Society Dwellers | Xcution | Vandenreich | Yhwach | Zanpakuto | Anime-Only Characters | Movie-Only Characters | Video Game-Only Characters | Light Novel-Only Characters
Characters that appeared in Tite Kubo's Bleach. This page deals with characters who appear only in the Bleach light novels, not the manga or anime.
To avoid confusion to English-language readers, who may be more familiar with the English anime than the manga, all names are in Western order.
Contains unmarked spoilers
The sadistic and arrogant scion of the Tsunayashiro Clan, most powerful of the four great Noble Families.
- Big Bad: He is the primary antagonist of Bleach: Can't Fear Your Own World, wherein he seeks to replace the newly "coronated" Soul King with his own candidate, while being as big an asshole as he can to as many people as possible.
- Cool Sword: After his personal Zanpakuto was confiscated, he took up the Tsunayashiro Clan's hereditary Zanpakuto. To disguise its full power he calls it Kuten Kyōkoku, but its true name is Enrakyoten. Under its false name it creates Deflector Shields, but when called by its true name it's capable of utilizing any Zanpakuto ability its wielder has witnessed.
- Greater-Scope Villain: He is the reason Kaname Tōsen and Kūgo Ginjō hated Soul Society and turned to villainy, having killed the former's best friend Kakyō; and made Ukitake believe that Ginjou rebelled against Soul Society because of the spy function of the badge, which was the idea of his family to begin with.
- Multicolored Hair: He has black or dark brown hair with green streaks.
- Not Me This Time: Shunsui initially believes he was behind the slaughter of the original Xcution and the death of Nanao's mother, but Tokinada reveals that he wasn't — at least not directly in the case of the former.
- One-Man Army: With Kuten Kyōkoku, he's capable of singlehandedly slaughtering a group of Stealth Corps ninja sent to assassinate him. With Enrakyoten, he's powerful enough to take on Nimaya's harem of Zanpakuto Spirits as well as an alliance of multiple Captain-class Soul Reapers, Arrancar, Fullbringers, and Quincies. He doesn't even really need to fight them, just use Kyōka Suigetsu.
- Power Copying: Enrakyoten is able to utilize any Zanpakuto power that its wielder witnesses, giving him access to the powers of most of the main characters and antagonists.
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!: Being the scion of the most powerful noble family let him get away with murdering his wife, among various other crimes, and he takes full advantage of the fact that the Gotei 13 can't touch him by being as openly villainous as possible.
- Sadist: Tokinada revels in others' suffering and is more than happy to Kick the Dog, confident he can get away with it due to his status as a noble.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: He murdered his wife and got away with only a slap on the wrist due to being a scion of one of the Noble Families, and had Tosen ambushed and beaten at her funeral.
- Sinister Surveillance: The Tsunayashiro clan is in charge of chronicling (and doctoring) Soul Society's history, and maintains an interdimensional surveillance network the secrets of which are deep and dark, and include hiding the existence of Fullbringers.
- Smug Snake: Tokinada is arrogant enough to mock the death of Byakuya's beloved wife to his face; admit to Shunsui Kyōraku that he and his family played a role in Kaname Tōsen and Kūgo Ginjō becoming enemies of Soul Society, and mock the deaths of Ukitake and Nanao's mother to his face.
- The Sociopath: He's a smug, arrogant, self-entitled, sadistic asshole who indulges his cruellest whims out of the belief that Soul Society is built on a foundation of lies.
- The Übermensch: Tokinada is aware that Soul Society is built on a foundation of lies, and seeks to tear everything down so that he can remake the cosmos in his own image. Incidentally, finding out about the original sin of Soul Society and that nothing of this world is of value, gave Tokinada a purpose in his life. He sees it as his mission to watch the world burn. His desire and dedication are so strong that he will gladly sacrifice his own life for his beliefs.
- White Hair, Black Heart: On the cover of the third volume of the light novel has silvery-white hair with green streaks, and is a nihilistic sociopath who wants to remake the cosmos in his own image.
- All Your Powers Combined: They can combine Hierro with Blut Vene for absolute defence, fire Gran Ray Ceros, and can mix Ceros with Heilig Pfeil and Blut Arterie for overwhelmingly powerful attacks.
- Ambiguous Gender: It's noted that Hikone is androgynous. Hikone eventually reveals that they are neither male nor female.
- Ambiguously Brown: As revealed in Bleach: Brave Souls, Hikone has tanned brown skin and dark brown/black hair — though given their artificial nature they are unlikely to be of any particular ethnicity.
- Artificial Human: Hikone is an artificial hybrid of Quincy, Human, Soul Reaper, and Hollow created by Tokinada Tsunayashiro and Seinosuke Yamada to be a candidate for the position of Soul King. Gremmy's brain — a part of the Soul King — serves as their core and was fused with Quincy, Human, and Soul Reaper souls before being Hollowfied.
- Co-Dragons: They serve as Tokinada's muscle, while Aura acts as his agent in the World of the Living.
- Cool Sword: Hikone wields Ikomikidomoe, a unique and ancient Zanpakuto forged using the soul of a powerful primordial Hollow. It has a will of its own, can open Garganta portals, is capable of summoning an army of Hollows even stronger than Vasto Lorde, and was deemed so dangerous it was sealed away by Ōetsu.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Is always barefoot, only wearing cloth and steel shin guards.
- Energy Bow: Due to being part Quincy, they can conjure a Heilig Bogen and fire Heilig Pfeil energy arrows — even combining them with Cero to make them more powerful.
- The Heavy: While Tokinada is busy being Obviously Evil in Soul Society, Hikone does most of the fighting.
- Heinz Hybrid: Like Ichigo Kurosaki and Kūgo Ginjō, Hikone is a hybrid of Quincy, Human, Soul Reaper, and Hollow; and is capable of using abilities neither of them have been shown using, like Heilig Bogen and Blut Arterie.
- Kame Hame Hadoken: As a result of being part Hollow, Hikone can fire Gran Ray Ceros.
- Living Weapon: Hikone sees themself as such for Tokinada, despite Hisagi's attempts to befriend and break them out of this conditioning.
- Modesty Shorts: They wear form-fitting black shorts under their kimono.
- One-Man Army: Even at their weakest, they were powerful enough that the battling remnants of the Espada and Sternritter called a temporary alliance to face them.
- Pieces of God: Gremmy functions as their brain and stabilizes them, and is revealed to be a part of the original Soul King.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Their pink irises are tinged with red, and serve as an indicator that while they may appear to be a mere child, they're actually very powerful and very dangerous.
- Sword Beam: Ikomikidomoe is capable of charging and firing powerful blasts of reiatsu, rendered as black-and-red Hollow reiatsu in Bleach: Brave Souls.
A Fullbringer who leads the Xcution Religious Corporation, a cult dedicated to spreading information about Soul Society around the World of the Living inducing its followers into mass-suicides.
Due to her lack of worldly attachments, she cannot affect any sort of item into manifesting into a power or weapon through Fullbring, however her mastery of basic Fullbring skills is high enough to easily do battle with multiple Captain-class opponents.
- Apocalypse Cult: Following the massive earthquakes set off by the Soul King's death and Yhwach, Aura founded the Xcution Religious Corporation, spreading information about Soul Society throughout the World of the Living so as to push people into committing mass-suicide.
- Bi the Way: Aura is so beautiful that she attracted men and women even as a child. While she doesn't feel romantic attachment to anyone, she makes use of her charm later in life and has no problems seducing either sex.
- Boring, but Practical: She can't create weapons or fantastic abilities through her Fullbring, but her ordinary Fullbring skills completely outclass the likes of Ginjo or Tsukishima. For example, the Bringer Light technique that's typically reserved for movement, she applies to her standard attacks for both speed and insane power. She can even affect the matter in her own body to make herself intangible to all attacks.
- Co-Dragons: It's revealed that she is working for Tokinada, and gets Yukio to help her incapacitate Urahara.
- Dark and Troubled Past: As the child of a Fullbringer and a human with a body part of the Soul King, Aura had inherited both their powers. Even as a fetus she attracted Hollows and one such attack wounded her pregnant mother enough that she did not survive Aura's birth. Struck by grief, Aura's father decided in a misguided attempt to protect her, to lock Aura up in his basement and only thought her basic knowledge. During these years, her fathers food was the only modicum of joy in her life. After her father was murdered, Aura, still locked in the basement, was unable to feed herself and had almost starved to death, if it weren't for her Fullbring abilities kicking in the last moment and freed her. When she tried to eat something, her Fullbring powers accidentally transmutated the food into something tasteless, thus depriving Aura of the only joy in her life. Because she was unable to form any attachment as a child, Aura led an empty life without purpose until she met Tokinada.
- Disappeared Dad: Her father, Tenshiyo Agata, was a member of the original iteration of Xcution and was killed by the Soul Reaper assassin sent by the Tsunayashiro family.
- Intangibility: Using Fullbring she can alter the molecular density of her own body to become intangible and avoid attacks.
- Master of None: Her nameless Fullbring is the basic of the basic - she can use Bringer Light, and she can tweak physical matter and that's about it. Yet there's a reason she's Tokinada's partner, and not his servant: Her skills with these basics easily put her on par with the Schutzstaffel, if not higher.
- Pieces of God: She's stated to possess the Soul Chain of the Soul King.