Ichigo Kurosaki | Ichigo's Companions | Thirteen Court Guard Squads 1 - 7 | Thirteen Court Guard Squads 8 - 13 | Soul King and Squad Zero | Aizen and His Cohorts | Visoreds and Exiled Soul Reapers | Hollows | Arrancars | Espada | Karakura Town Residents | Soul Society Dwellers | Xcution | Vandenreich (Yhwach) | Zanpakuto | Anime-Only Characters | Movie-Only Characters | Video Game-Only Characters | Light Novel-Only Characters
Characters that appeared in Tite Kubo's Bleach. This page deals with the Hollows, corrupted spirits that have transformed into monstrous creatures.
NOTE: To avoid confusion to English-language readers, who may be more familiar with the English anime than the manga, all names are in Western order.
- Bishōnen Line: When a Hollow becomes a Gillian, it becomes a black-cloaked colossus with a white mask. Gillian lucky enough to retain their individuality have unique masks and can become Adjuchas, which are much smaller but far more powerful, and are usually shaped like animals. Adjuchas must continue to devour other Hollows or risk devolving into a mindless Gillian, and a rare few have the potential to become particularly powerful, humanoid entities called the Vasto Lorde. Additionally, most Hollows that have their masks broken will transform into a more-powerful humanoid form called an Arrancar.
- Cannibalism Superpower: Hollows grow more powerful by consuming other souls, and a Hollow that eats other Hollows will eventually become a Menos.
- The Corruption:
- A Plus becomes a Hollow when they are overcome with sufficient negative emotions like rage, hatred, and despair, causing them to discard their human heart and become a monster. They can also be forcibly Hollowfied by having their Chain of Fate torn off.
- Soul Society's Research Division once experimented with a process called Hollowfication, intended to grant Hollow powers to Soul Reapers. Official research was discontinued since the test subjects completely transformed into mindless super-powerful Hollows, and their souls eventually destabilized and self-destructed. Aizen surreptitiously continued this research, developing a "Target Hollowfication" mutagen capable of inducing Hollowfication via wounds. Urahara developed a means of preventing the "Soul Suicide", though the subjects would still be at risk of becoming monsters unless they suppressed their Inner Hollow.
- The Fullbringers were born to mothers who survived Hollow attacks and passed Hollow reiryoku on to their children at birth, granting them unusual abilities.
- The mere essence of a Hollow is so poisonous to Quincies that it will utterly destroy their souls without even giving them the chance of Hollowfication, which is why theyre so desperate to kill them off.
- Dragged Off to Hell: If they sinned while they were alive, the gates of Hell will appear and suck them in when they're defeated.
- The Empire: Prior to Aizen conquering it, Hueco Mundo was ruled over by Baraggan Louisenbairn as its self-proclaimed God-Emperor. After his death and Aizen's defeat, Tier Harribel of the Espada became the Queen until she was overthrown by Yhwach, and resumes her position alongside fellow former Espada Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck after Yhwach is defeated.
- Expressive Mask: The teeth on a Hollow's mask aren't just for decoration, as the mouth opens and closes — often wider than the human mouth behind it — to enable them to devour prey.
- FaceMonster Turn: As demonstrated by Sora Inoue, no matter how genuinely nice or sweet or loving a person was in life, once their Chain of Fate corrodes they will be overwhelmed by spiritual corruption and negative emotions and transform into a bloodthirsty, ravenous monster driven by base instincts.
- Ghost Amnesia: Many Hollows — in particular the Arrancar — do not remember their human selves, and dismiss humans as being nothing more than prey to satiate their ravenous hunger.
- Ghostly Goals: The first step to a Plus becoming a Hollow is them not moving on to Soul Society for one reason or another, but becoming fixated on a person or place important to them and remaining until their Chain of Fate erodes or is torn off.
- Giant Mook:
- Huge Hollows are massive, building-sized Hollows that are more than a match for Soul Reaper trainees, but no match for even a seated officer.
- Gillian Menos are skyscraper-sized Hollows that are amalgamations of hundreds and thousands of other Hollows, capable of slaughtering run of the mill Soul Reapers but are only a decent work out at best for Captains and Lieutenants. Aizen's side sent a horde of them out as an opening move during the Fake Karakura Town battle and they were swiftly dispatched by the seated officers protecting the four pillars maintaining the barrier, with another swarm sent forth to mob the weakened Soul Reaper forces just as easily dispatched by the arriving Visoreds.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: In the anime, Hollows' eyes are shown as glowing yellow and not having pupils so long as they are wearing their masks.
- Horror Hunger: Hollows are compelled to devour souls by a ravenous hunger caused by the loss of their humanity. The more souls a Hollow consumes, the hungrier it becomes until it will start eating other Hollows.
- Kame Hamehadoken: Menos-class Hollows can fire powerful beams of spirit-energy called Cero, usually as a Breath Weapon.
- Kill the Ones You Love: Rukia tells Ichigo that a Hollow's first victims are often their loved ones.
- Killing Intent: Hollow reiatsu is described as heavy, dark, and malevolent; and is often shown as red or black.
- Light Is Not Good: Most standard Hollows are white in coloration, and all of them sport white skull-like masks over their faces, but they are ravenous evil spirits.
- Many Spirits Inside of One: Gillian Menos are generally mindless brutes due to the consciousnesses of the Hollows that composite them lacking cohesion.
- Merger of Souls:
- The Hollowfication process functions by inserting a Hollow's soul into that of another spirit and merging them together, but weak souls cannot withstand the process and are immediately destroyed. Even Captain-class Soul Reapers will eventually self-destruct unless steps are taken to stabilize them, and even then they risk being reduced to mindless, rampaging super-powerful Hollows. Quincy souls are noted to be fundamentally incompatible with Hollowfication unless specially stabilized.
- In the event a Soul Reaper does suffer from Hollowfication, the Inner Hollow that forms in them will attempt to merge with the Soul Reaper, both the Soul Reaper themselves, and their Zanpakuto. Notably Ichigo had his Zanpakuto spirit essentially merged with a Hollow that had infected his mother before he had even awakened his powers.
- Metamorphosis Monster: When a Hollow consumes enough of its own kind, it will transform into a Gillian-class Menos and most often have its consciousness lost amidst those of the other Hollows it's consumed. Those lucky to retain their individuality must continue devouring other powerful Hollows until they transform again, becoming Adjuchas. A rare few Adjuchas have the potential to become the humanoid Vasto Lorde if they devour enough souls.
- Monstrous Humanoid: Vasto Lorde-class Menos are the most powerful type of Hollow aside from Arrancar, and are humanoid in appearance. Tier Harribel is revealed to have been one in the anime, and Ulquiorra is revealed to have been one in a bonus chapter revealing his backstory. Barragan and Coyote Starrk, though not explicitly confirmed to be, are all but stated to have been Vasto Lordes themselves given their higher rankings, the former's dominance of Hueco Mundo as its God-Emperor (and his Hollow form having been a humanoid skeleton barely different from his later Resurreccion), and the latter possessing sufficient uncontrollable power to kill even Adjuchas Hollows with his mere presence.
- Mooks: Around the time Uryū Ishida is introduced, regular Hollows go from being a Monster of the Week and fairly serious threat to something the protagonists casually Curb-Stomp Battle.
- Nested Mouths: When a Hollow opens its mask's jaws, their original form's mouth can often be seen inside, surrounded by a black void. This is more noticeable with Hollows whose masks have beaks or abnormal jaws.
- Our Dragons Are Different: In addition to some Hollows looking like dragons, BURN THE WITCH reveals that the Western Branch of Soul Society classifies Hollows to be a type of Dragon, and they are disparaging towards the Eastern Branch's Soul Reapers for their Final Solution attitude.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Hollows are similar to onryō in that they are spirits who are corrupted into malevolent, monstrous beings that hunt and harm the living. They are also similar to the preta or "hungry ghosts" of Buddhism, which Bleach's cosmology draws from.
- The Power of Hate: Hollows are driven by negative emotions and spiritual corruption to devour the ones they loved in life, then hunt for other souls to consume; and their spiritual power is described as dark, malevolent, and heavy.
- Signature Roar: In the anime, most Hollows emit a shrill, howling roar when they're not talking.
- Spirit World: Whenever they're not hunting in the World of the Living or Soul Society, Hollows inhabit an afterlife called Hueco Mundo, similar to the Realm of Hungry Ghosts in Buddhism, which is divided into two layers: a bone-white desert beneath an Always Night sky, and underneath that lies the Forest of the Menos.
- Torso with a View: When a soul Hollowfies, a hole opens up in its chest where its heart used to be, signifying they have lost their humanity. Adjuchas-class Menos and Arrancar tend to have holes in places other than their chest.
- Transhuman Treachery: Hollows like Grand Fisher, Fishbone D, Numb Chandelier, and the overwhelming majority of Menos look down on humans as being weak and nothing but prey, despite having once been humans themselves. Tier Harribel and Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck are noted to be exceptions, and Soul Society is relieved when they assume leadership of Hueco Mundo since it opens inroads to a peace treaty.
- Was Once a Man: The vast majority of Hollows were once Humans who succumbed to spiritual corruption after death and transformed into monsters. A million years ago, however, Hollows as powerful as Vasto Lorde could spontaneously manifest — though Ulquiorra was the only known primordial Hollow from that time to survive into modern times, and was killed by Hollow Ichigo.
- White Mask of Doom: When a soul Hollowfies, their discarded "heart" manifests as a white Mask of Power.
- Your Soul is Mine!: While they're capable of harming and presumably consuming physical flesh, their favorite foods are human souls and other spiritual beings, especially powerful ones like Soul Reapers and other Hollows.
A humanoid fish-headed Hollow who Rukia was tasked with slaying. He attacked the Kurosaki household, badly injured Rukia, and was slain by Ichigo. His appearance was later revealed to have been orchestrated by Aizen in order to facilitate Ichigo awakening his Soul Reaper powers.
- Establishing Character Moment: Eating the ghost girl that Ichigo helped at the beginning of the first chapter, just because she smelled like Ichigo.
- Healing Factor: While he didn't possess Instantaneous Regeneration, he was able to heal a cut Rukia dealt to him by retreating to Hueco Mundo for a few seconds.
- Fish People: His mask was shaped like a fish's head and he had a dorsal fin, but was otherwise humanoid.
- Man Bites Man: He tries to swallow Ichigo whole only for Rukia to intervene and get chomped on instead.
- Starter Villain: He was the first Hollow slain by Ichigo and not very high on the totem pole, but was strong enough to have amassed a sizeable bounty.
- Would Hurt a Child: He ate the ghost girl who Ichigo helped at the beginning of the first chapter.
A weak spider-like Hollow that Rukia located hunting the ghost of a young boy. He was slain by Ichigo after a short fight.
The Hollow form of Orihime's older brother, Sora Inoue, resembling a snake with a humanoid torso and skull-like mask.
- Black Eyes of Crazy: When Ichigo enrages and injures him, the sclera of his exposed eye turns black.
- Blinding Bangs: After Ichigo damaged his mask, his bangs cover his exposed eye, hiding his human identity from Orihime.
- Breath Weapon: He has acidic saliva that he can shoot from a gap in his mask's incisors.
- The Corruptible: In the anime, he was shown as a Plus being attacked by a group of Hollows led by Grand Fisher, who dragged him to Hueco Mundo and forced him to Hollowfy.
- Dying as Yourself: After Orihime tells him that she hadn't forgotten him but that she didn't want him to be sad, Sora suppresses his Hollow instincts long enough to remove the rest of his mask, and impales himself with Ichigo's Zanpakuto.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Later in the manga it's established that a Hollow becomes an Arrancar if their mask is broken. When Acidwire's mask is broken, his human side asserts control.
- Green-Eyed Monster: In the manga, his jealousy over Orihime's friendship with Tatsuki and crush on Ichigo was what caused him to Hollowfy.
- Hammerspace Hideaway: He popped out of Ichigo's pillow to attack him, and later burst from Orihime's teddy bear to attack her and Tatsuki.
- If I Can't Have You...: He displays this attitude towards Orihime, thinking that she had forgotten him after his death.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Unlike most Hollows, who have glowing yellow eyes, he's shown with glowing red eyes in the anime.
- Snake People: He has a brown serpentine body with black markings on his back, and a humanoid torso and head.
A male bat-like Hollow that targeted Chad. He was a serial killer in life, and was dragged off to Hell after Ichigo cut his mask. He returned in a filler episode as a Sinner, attacking Rukia and Renji before being forced to return to Hell.
- Arm Cannon: Can fire explosive leeches from his arm wrappings as a Sinner.
- Black Cloak: When Shrieker returns as a Togabito, he wears a black cloak that enables him to move freely outside of Hell.
- Came Back Strong: As a Sinner he retained the form and abilities he possessed as a Hollow but was significantly more powerful.
- Chained by Fashion: As a Sinner he is bound by the Chains of Hell, which he can use to defend himself and to trip up opponents.
- Combat Compliment: Shrieker was inwardly impressed at Chad having "pretty good instincts" when he got socked twice, hit with a telephone pole, and almost punched a third time without Chad ever seeing him. The compliment was purely in his thoughts, but even Shrieker was able to realize that Chad was something special.
- Dirty Coward: When Ichigo overpowers him in their fight, Shrieker reveals himself as a pathetic coward by trying to flee in terror, begging for his life before he is sent to Hell.
- Dragged Off to Hell: After Ichigo cuts his mask he is grabbed by a Kushanada and dragged through the gates of Hell.
- Enemy Summoner: Can create frog-like offshoots that spit exploding leeches.
- Giant Flyer: Looks like a massive bat, and has a pair of wings that let him fly.
- I Lied: When Ichigo asks if he is actually able to resurrect Yūichi's mother, Shrieker admits he lied to manipulate the boy into doing his bidding.
- It's All About Me: In life, he was quite proud of himself for being an infamous Serial Killer, even calling himself a "celebrity". As a Hollow, Shrieker kills a young boy and stuffs his soul in a cockatiel, proceeding to psychologically torment him because the boy accidentally killed him.
- Jerkass: Even for a Hollow, as rather than just eating Yūichi he killed him, stuffed his ghost into a parakeet, using him to locate spiritually powerful people to eat, all under the false promise of resurrecting his mother.
- Karmic Death: Was accidentally killed by Yūichi Shibata, the son of his last victim.
- Mad Bomber: He has offshoots that spit leech-like living bombs.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: His tongue-whistle, which detonates his explosive leeches.
- Meaningful Name: He's called Shrieker due to his tongue's whistle.
- Oh, Crap!: When Chad uproots a telephone pole and swats him like a pinata, and when Ichigo gives him a "The Reason You Suck" Speech and beats his face in with the sharp side of his Zanpakuto.
- Overly Long Tongue: He has a long, forked tongue he uses as a whistle to trigger his bombs.
- Sadist: Enjoyed killing people brutally when he was alive, and as a Hollow he psychologically tortures the soul of a little boy for kicks.
- Serial Killer: He was an infamous serial killer before he died, accidentally killed by the young son of one of his victims.
- Tongue Trauma: Ichigo rips it out to keep him from using his bombs, but he grows it back as a Togabito.
- To Serve Man: While his ravenous hunger as a Hollow is standard, he retains his appetite for souls as a Sinner.
- We Will Meet Again: Claimed as such after he came back as a Togabito and was sent back to Hell. It's subverted as Shuren has him killed off screen.
- Would Hurt a Child: He killed Yūichi in revenge for accidentally killing him, but rather than just eating him he stuffed the boy's soul into a parakeet and psychologically manipulated him.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: The tie-in episode reveals he was working with Shuren in hopes of escaping Hell and fighting Ichigo again, but he was only being used to test the ability for Sinners to foray outside of Hell and is disposed of shortly after he's sent back.
A male Hollow resembling a chicken-footed hamster with an anglerfish-like lure. He killed Ichigo's mother.
- Alluring Anglerfish: His lure, which he can disguise as a human and hide himself within in order to ambush prey.
- Animal Motif: Angler fish. He has a lure as part of his body that can take the form of a human child to lure preys. Hence the name "Grand Fisher".
- BFS: Wields a zanpakuto the size of a small skyscraper as an Arrancar.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: Doesn't remember killing Ichigo's mother as he only has a short-term memory and has been killing for so long.
- Facial Markings: Comma-like marks under his mask's eye sockets, as well as on his actual face in Arrancar form.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Is nearly cut in half by Ichigo. Later, Isshin easily bisects him.
- Healing Factor: Is capable of High-Speed Regeneration, rapidly regrowing an arm that Ichigo sliced off.
- Horned Humanoid: Has two horns in his humanoid Resurreccion form.
- It's Personal: He killed Ichigo's mother, and then later attacked Kon (in Ichigo's body) as payback for his defeat at Ichigo's hands.
- Mind Probe: His claws enable him to read the memories of his victims to find a person they cannot attack.
- Mugging the Monster: When his lure catches the attention of a young Ichigo, Fisher picks a fight with Masaki Kurosaki... a powerful Quincy who should have been able to easily destroy him. Fortunately for him, her powers were removed by Yhwach and Fisher ate her.
- Next Tier Power-Up: His appearance when he was first transformed into an Arrancar by Aisslinger Wernarr and his appearance when he attacked Kon and Isshin are drastically different, implying Aizen upgraded him with the Hogyoku.
- One-Winged Angel: After being converted into an Arrancar he can assume a much more massive, horned form.
- Power Echoes: As an Arrancar his voice is distorted and echoic.
- Prehensile Hair: Can freely extend and manipulate his fur to restrain prey.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: When he thinks he's won, Grand Fisher mocks Ichigo for his naivety and inexperience. Ichigo later turns this around on him before badly injuring him.Grand Fisher: It's over boy, so let's pay respect! Out of all those I've encountered, you were the youngest, the most thoughtless, and weakest Soul Reaper of all!
- Retractable Weapon: His ridiculously long claws that he conceals in his fingertips.
- Rubber Man: Can stretch his arms to attack from a distance.
- Shapeshifter Guilt Trip: Fisher can read his opponents' memories by piercing them with his claws, and transforms his lure into the person they're least-willing to attack to prevent them from fighting him — which is how he managed to kill several Soul Reapers despite only being a regular Hollow. Unfortunately, he hits Ichigo's Relative Button on the head.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: He can change the appearance of his lure, which combined with his mind-reading abilities is what enabled him to kill numerous Soul Reapers.
- Would Hurt a Child: He tried to eat Ichigo as a child, and targets Yuzu and Karin.
The ghost of a greedy man who wanted to inherit his father's hospital, now long-abandoned and dilapidated. He was the subject of Don Kanoji's "Ghost Bust" TV show, but the oblivious paranormal investigator caused him to Hollowfy by breaking his Chain of Fate. He was cleansed by Ichigo, turning back into a Plus before moving on to Soul Society.
- Chained by Fashion: He was wrapped up by his Chain of Fate, which bound him to the long-abandoned hospital he'd coveted in life.
- Greed: He'd planned to become filthy rich by inheriting the hospital from his dying father, who kiboshed those plans by choosing his younger son as his heir.
- It's All About Me: He was the eldest son of the owner of a hospital, but was passed over in favor of his younger brother. He didn't take that well, which is why he remained bound to the hospital after death.
- One-Winged Angel: Don Kanonji breaking his Chain of Fate caused him to Hollowfy, transforming from a corrupted Plus into a frog-like Hollow.
- Supernormal Bindings: His Chain of Fate bound him to the hospital he had coveted in life even after it was abandoned and fell into ruin.
- Torso with a View: His Chain of Fate was coming off, forming a Hollow Hole in his chest. Don Kanoji popped it off, causing him to fully transform into a Hollow.
A female Hollow somewhat resembling a nudibranch that was summoned by Uryū's Hollow bait. She attacked Tatsuki and Chizuru, and was truly killed by Orihime.
- All There in the Manual: Her name and gender are never mentioned in the anime and manga and are only revealed in the databooks.
- Body Horror: Her spores imbed themselves in her victims' bodies, growing grotesque roots that are visible through their skin and enable Numb Chandelier to control them.
- Dirty Coward: She doesn't fight on her own, but instead has pawns fight for her.
- Disproportionate Retribution: She attacks Orihime when she notices Orihime's spiritual power, but does so indirectly by controlling the bodies of Orihime's classmates. Tatsuki rushes in to save Orihime and does such a good job that Numb Chandelier decides to have the male classmates attack Tatsuki with the intention of gang-raping her and then having her kill herself afterwards.
- Expressive Mask: Unlike all other Hollows, her mask has flexible tentacles.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: She's cut clean in half courtesy of Orihime's Koten Zanshun technique — the only time Orihime has successfully used Tsubaki's power on its own.
- Mind-Control Device: Fires parasitic spores that allow her to control those infected.
- Power Perversion Potential: Numb Chandelier views herself as a being who hates conflicts and therefore uses her body-control powers to force others to engage in conflict on her behalf. The more perverted the violence she forces her puppets to engage in, the more excited she becomes. She first simply tries to make Orihime's classmates kill her, but when Tatsuki interferes she decides to force the male classmates to gang-rape Tatsuki and then force Tatsuki to commit suicide.
A parasitic Hollow that took over Kaien Shiba and was killed by Rukia Kuchiki. It respawned in Hueco Mundo and was eaten by Aaroniero.
- Artificial Human: He was an artificial Hollow created by Aizen as part of his Hollowfication experiments.
- Combat Tentacles: He has numerous dark red tentacles growing out of his back that he can use to destroy a Soul Reaper's Zanpakuto and take over prey.
- Eye Scream: His eyes too deepset for most panels to show the glowing eyes inside, but once he takes over Kaien, Kaien's eyes become empty sockets that only occasionally displaying the deepset glow. However, there's liquid all around the edges of Kaien's eyes, suggesting his own eyeballs exploded as the Hollow took him over.
- Facial Markings: Metastacia had red flame-like markings on his mask.
- Grand Theft Me: He is capable of taking over his victims' bodies and slowly eating them from the inside-out. This merged his and Kaien's bodies together, and as he stated it was impossible to separate two fused spirit bodies, they would be fused together until Metastacia finished eating him.
- Karmic Death: A Hollow that assimilates and consumes his victims met his end being eaten by a more powerful Hollow with similar powers.
- Meaningful Name: Reminiscent of metastasis, cancer that grows and consumes its host from within and spreads to other areas of the body.
- Resurrective Immortality: If killed, he will simply respawn in Hueco Mundo. Unfortunately for him, he was eaten and assimilated by Aaroniero.
- Touch of Death: If a Soul Reaper were to touch Metastacia's tentacles, their Zanpakuto would be destroyed, making them an easy target. This ability was limited to one use per day.
- Transformation of the Possessed: As shown when he possessed Kaien, his host's skin turns green with red facial marks, black eyes and numerous tentacles sprouting from their body and mouth.
A chimeric beast formed by Harribel's three Fraccion as their ultimate trump card.
- Abnormal Limb Rotation Range: Ayon can twist its head a full 180 degrees on a dime, and can similarly twist its other limbs as needed.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: It's fighting style basically is just hammering away at the enemy with brute force until nothing is left. It never changes strategies in any of the fights it is part of, which leads to it getting killed by Yamamoto.
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Ayon doesn't seem to care too much for Apacci, Mila Rose, and Sung-Sun at first, given the first time it's summoned it totally ignores their orders and looks around for a bit before it commences with the ass-kicking at its own discretion, but the second time it's summoned against Quilge after the Sternritter badly injured all three of them it goes on the war path almost immediately to pound in his face and during a lull in the fighting looks back at them almost in concern.
- The Berserker: What makes Ayon so dangerous is just how much it continues to keep fighting no matter what is done to it, partially because anytime it does get hurt, it just gets angrier and seemingly gets stronger. Yamamoto had to incenerate to fully kill it, and Quilge only managed to defeat it by absorbing it's reishi. Against anyone that can't do anything along those lines, it keeps attacking no matter what it has to do.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Ayon dishes these out in short order, taking out Rangiku, Momo, Iba, and Hisagi with only minor inconvenience. It then ended up on the receiving end courtesy of Yamamoto.
- Eating the Enemy: Attempted this on Hisagi before Iba tried to save him. After dealing with Iba via Cero, it settled for just smashing Hisagi against a building before crushing him in its grip.
- Eye Beams: It fires its Ceros this way, taking out Iba with one shot.
- Eyeless Face: Subverted. Ayon looks like this at first, but that's because its eyes are normally shut and covered by both the shaggy mane and the bone horns on its mask fragment. They open up when it's actually pissed off.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Suffers this vertically courtesy of Yamamoto. This still isn't enough to stop Ayon and the two halves lunge at the Captain-Commander before he flat-out incinerates it.
- Hulking Out: After being pissed off by Yamamoto blasting a hole through its chest, Ayon heals the injury over before making its arm bulge and grow larger before trying to crush him. Emphasis on the "try".
- Hybrid Monster: It's a chimera formed from the sacrificed arms of three Arrancar who animal bases are a deer, lion, and snake, which is almost exactly what the components of the original chimera were (replacing a deer with a goat), complete with a snake tail ending in a head. It's also much stronger than the sum of its parts, as while each of them is on par with a Lieutenant-class Soul Reaper, Ayon took out four Lieutenants without much effort before being stopped by the Captain Commander, and when summoned again during the blood war Ayon thrashed Quilge Opie while the Sternritter was in Vollstandig (effectively on par with a Soul Reaper Captain in Bankai) when the Quincy defeated all three Arrancar in his base form without too much difficulty, only losing again when Quilge forcibly stripped and absorbed the very reishi Ayon was made of.
- Super Strength: Strong enough to gorge out Rangiku's side, take out Momo with a single punch, obliterate an office building with a strike, and crush Hisagi in its grip until he passes out.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Ayon never demonstrates any more skill that can't be attributed to simple animalistic cunning, but its sheer strength and toughness is sufficient to challenge Captain-level foes.
A massive Hollow capable of spawning Gillians. It is treated as a pet by Wonderweiss, who is devastated when it is killed.
- By the Lights of Their Eyes: It first appears to rescue Aizen, Gin, and Tosen from Soul Society, but all that can be seen of it is its eye.
- Cyclops: It was a towering giant with a single massive eye.
- Enemy Summoner: It can vomit hordes of Gillian Menos.
- Femme Fatalons: It has Gillian masks for fingernails.