Character sheet for Blade: Trinity.
For characters featured in the whole trilogy, go here.
Played By: Dominic Purcell
The original and most powerful vampire, Drake is the father of the vampire race. His kind have sought him out in the hope he will restore vampires to Daywalkers.
- Actually Pretty Funny: Drake seems to find the word "motherfucker" pretty amusing.Drake: "Motherfucker"... I like that.
- Adaptational Badass: His comic book counterpart was vulnerable to sunlight and silver like any normal vampire. Drake, on the other hand, is a daywalker and has none of their weaknesses. It takes an artificial virus designed specifically to destroy him.
- Adaptational Species Change: In the comics, he was just a normal human turned into a vampire as Vlad Tepes Dracula, whereas in Blade Trinity, he was born a vampire - the very first of his species and a daywalker to boot, though it also makes him Truer To The Text.
- Big Bad: In Blade: Trinity, where he is woken from his sleep to destroy Blade.
- Blood Knight: Despite his monster form totally outclassing Blade, he first fights Blade in his human before changing. Though to his credit, he did very well and even got the advantage before transforming.
- Composite Character: Of the more classic Dracula and Varnae the first vampire from the comics.
- Cool Sword: Made with a handle seemingly of bone and is presumably the one he was buried with, meaning it is millennia old. He uses it to good effect against Blade in their duel.
- Daywalker: A trait that vampires apparently lost over the years and the reason they sought him out. He's not very interested in aiding them in this regard.
- The Dreaded: To the point vamps are equally scared of him.
- Face Death with Dignity: Takes his death very graciously and respects Blade for fighting with honor. He even leaves him a parting gift.
- Game Face: He has a monster form which he transforms at different times during the movie, but its obscured by shadow and only fully seen in the climax.
- Greater-Scope Villain: As the progenitor of the vampire race and one behind the events.
- Hidden Depths: If you look closely during his standoff with Blade on the rooftops, you can see he is rocking the baby in his arms to keep it from crying. Thst brings the question, why did the first vampire learn how to take care of babies.
- Might Makes Right: Seems to be his view about the world.
- Monster Progenitor: The first of his kind and creator of the vampire race. Drake's ability to shape-shift and superior strength may be unique to him but his immunity to sunlight was once a trait shared by all vampires.
- Neglectful Precursor: Abandoned the race he created when he grew tired with the world.
- No-Sell: After transforming into his monster form, Blade's punches are barely phase him, if any.
- Not So Different: He compares himself to Blade frequently, even implying a time when they were much more alike than Blade would care to know. When Drake warns him that the thirst always wins there does seem to be the indication he once resisted.Drake: "But remember, sooner or later, the thirst always wins."
- One-Winged Angel: His hideous and much more powerful monster form.
- Passing the Torch: Drake believes that the future of his kind is safe in the hands of Blade and he is the new breed of vampire that they've been needlessly searching for. By the look on Blade's face, he doesn't seem too thrilled with this notion.
- Precision F-Strike: Drake heard Blade use the term "motherfucker" and used it twice during his battle.
- Screaming Warrior
- Shapeshifter Default Form: After he dies his body eventually reverts to his human form.
- Time Abyss: He claims to have been alive when Jesus was crucified.
- Truer to the Text: His status as a Daywalker is close to his novel counterpart.
- Too Dumb to Live: When Abigail fires the Day Star canister-loaded arrow at him, he catches it and drops it on the floor despite knowing what it is. And then does nothing to attack her, allowing her to distract him with another arrow, giving Blade the opening to stab him with the first arrow.
- Unholy Matrimony: With Danica.
- Villain Respect: He deeply respects Blade and sees him as the future of the vampire race. When he succumbs to the Day Star, his last act is to praise Blade for fighting with honor and Drake's last act is to transform his body into a duplicate of Blade's, allowing Blade to fake his death and escape the FBI.
- Voluntary Shapeshifter: Able to take the form of any human at will as well as change into his standard and more monstrous ubervamp form.
- Worthy Opponent: How he sees Blade. In the end, he leaves Blade a parting gift out of respect.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: The exact reason he gave for killing Dr. Vance.Drake: "He outlived his purpose."
Played By: Parker Posey
Talos seeks out the father of the vampire race in the hopes he can unlock the key to her kind becoming Daywalkers. She also sets about framing Blade for murder and making him public enemy number one. Played by Parker Posey.
- Affably Evil: Danica was a Catholic who believed in power within the vampire race.
- And Your Little Dog, Too!: Threatens to turn Hannibal, starve him and then send in little Zoe so he'll feed on her.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: She is somewhat of a leader to her group, and while Hannibal lasted for quite some while against Jarko, she effortlessly defeated him. Though it might have been due to being worn out from fighting Jarko
- Bad Boss: Feeds her employees to Drake and takes her anger out on another due to her failure to kill Blade when he was at her mercy.
- Distaff Counterpart / Expy: She share many traits with Deacon Frost. However not only was Frost more composed but he was notably more ambitious. Talos wants to become a Daywalker just as Frost did but with the main difference being he was willing to seize that ability on his own terms. In fact Deacon was willing to murder the vampire Elders to steal such power whereas Danica actually goes to The Older Immortal to ask him for it.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Danica goes off the handle pretty much at the drop of a hat.
- I Have You Now, My Pretty: Heavy amounts of this with Hannibal.
- Large Ham: Posey really cuts loose.
- Psycho Ex-Girlfriend: To Hannibal. He was apparently fond of dating crazy girls but got more than he bargained for when Danica eclipsed them all in the bat-shit-insane stakes.
- You Got Spunk: She commends King's courage but reminds him she knows that he's afraid of being turned into a vampire again.Danica: "You're brave, King. I'll give you that. But underneath all that swagger, I know what you really fear. What would hurt you more than anything else."
Played By: Paul "Triple H" Levesque
One of Danica's minions. He seems to have crossed paths with Hannibal quite a few times in the past.
- A Boy and His X: Or rather a monster vampire and his vampire dog.
- The Big Guy: He's one of the larger characters in the film, even noting to Blade that he's not so big.
- Dumb Muscle: Seen this way by the Nightstalkers, especially Hannibal. He doesn't really provide any evidence to the contrary.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Quite fond of his beloved Pac-Man. A vampire Pomeranian.Jarko: "Precious, isn't he?"
- Eye Scream: Takes an arrow to the eye courtesy of Abigail and is later shown forcefully pulling it out of his eye socket.
- Fluffy the Terrible: His pet, little Pac-Man.
- Jobber: Arguably his part as the Dumb Muscle, aka brute. He mainly does a lot of fighting and acts as the enforcer during interrogation. But in his fight with Blade and Hannibal, he's smacked around effortlessly by the former and takes good lumps before getting killed by the latter.
- Licked by the Dog: A particularly dark subversion considering the dog in question is a vampire abomination. They even growl and show their fangs just before they kiss one another lovingly.
- No-Sell: During their fight, Hannibal breaks his arm. Jarko acts hurt for a few seconds before laughing & instantly snapping his arm back into place as if nothing happened.
- Pet the Dog: As noted above, it's literal with Pac-Man. He's not given much depth beyond his machismo and brutish persona, but Pac-Man seems to be the one thing that brings out his softer side.
- Red Right Hand: Jarko's metal fangs.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Unsurprising given his actor.
Played By: Callum Keith Rennie
Danicas equally evil brother.
A group of human vampire hunters that operate in individual cells.
- Badass Normal: Its in the description.
Played By: Ryan Reynolds
Hannibal was once a vampire before being cured and joining the fight against his former masters.
- Atomic F-Bomb: He drops two loud "What the FUCK?!" at the sight of Jarko's vampire Pomeranian.
- Adaptation Personality Change/Younger and Hipper: The comics King was somewhat older and very serious and reserved.
- Adaptation Species Change: In the comics, he's still a vampire.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Seriously, "Hannibal King"? Anyone with that name was destined for awesome.
- Badass Normal: Though according to Reynolds in pre-movie interviews, Hannibal still has his vampire muscle memory.
- Big Damn Heroes: Arrives in dramatic fashion to save Blade when he's been arrested.Hannibal: "Evening ladies."
- Also saves Abigail from gunned down by Danica
- Cool Gun: Comes with a built-in camera and memory disc so you can enjoy action replays of your latest shoot-out.
- Dark and Troubled Past: A former vampire with Danica as a master/lover.
- Deadpan Snarker: Given whom he's played by, it's inevitable.
- Determinator: Despite being in a bad shape after the fight with Jarko, he doesn't stop struggling to prevent Danica from strangling him, and holds on till she is killed by the virus
- HeelFace Turn: Used to be a vampire before being cured and judging by the tattoo probably worked as a familiar for a while too.
- Heroic BSoD: Goes through a severe one when Danica tells him:Danica: "I'm gonna bite you again, King. And I'm gonna leave you here while you turn. I'm going to watch you, day after day, as the thirst keeps building and building. And then, when you can't stand it anymore... I'm gonna bring the little girl [Zoe] in here for you to feed on."
- Made worse is that Danica does bring Zoe in on that cue and Hannibal's look is just heartbreaking.
- Fate Worse than Death: In his eyes, being made a vampire again.
- False Reassurance: "Hang in there, kitten. I'll get help."
- Motor Mouth: He never stops talking even when it obviously annoys Blade.
- Sex Slave: Apparently served this role to Danica in his familiar and vampire days. Among his other duties.Hannibal: "I picked Danica up in a bar, and spent the next five years playing hide-and-go-suck as her little vampire cabana boy."
- Sir Swears-a-Lot:Hannibal: "How about you take a sugar-frosted fuck off the end of my dick?"
Played By: Jessica Biel
The daughter of Abraham Whistler, Abigail has followed in her father's vampire hunting footsteps.
- Armed Legs: Has a retractable Blade in her shoes
- Awesome, but Impractical: Archery probably isn't the best choice of discipline against superhuman speed, especially when theres more devastating firearms at your disposal. But still it looks cool. Sure listening to music while kicking vampire ass does sound kinda cool (ignoring the blatant ipod advert). But then you realize hunting super fast monsters while limiting the awareness of your surroundings isn't so great an idea.
- Bring It: A Neo-style pose against some vampires
- Canon Foreigner: Like her father, she was created for the movies.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: A device in her right wrist pops out one
- Mugging the Monster: Vampire brats attempt to harass a supposed mother and her child. It ends unpleasantly for them.
- Product Placement: Her character's apparent brand loyalty caused a lot of groans.
- Shower of Angst: After a hard night at the office.
- Shown Their Work: Jessica Biel put a lot of effort into learning proper archery technique and actually got very handy with the bow. During one scene when she was instructed to "aim for the camera" whilst about 40 feet away and 50 feet up. She actually nailed it spot on in spite of a plexiglass cover protecting all but the small area in front of the lens.
- Trick Arrow: She has a whole host of specialized arrows. Including one that shoots round corners.
Played By: Patton Oswalt
A researcher who briefs Blade on Dracula.
Played By: Ron Selmour
A Nightstalker who serves as the transportation expert for the team.
Played By: Natasha Lyonne
A blind researcher who is one of the greatest chemists and geneticists of her time.
Played By: Christopher Heyerdahl
FBI Agent Ray Cumberland
Played By: James Remar
An FBI agent who is aids in the manhunt for Blade.
Chief Martin Vreede
Played By: Mark Berry
A police chief who aids in the manhunt for Blade.
- The Quisling: Secretly a familiar for the House of Talos.
FBI Agent Wilson Hale
Played By: Michael Rawlins
An FBI agent and Cumberlands partner.
Dr. Edgar Vance
'Played By: John Michael Higgins
A famous psychiatrist who works with the FBI.