Main Characters | Clover Kingdom (Black Bulls) | Diamond Kingdom | Eye of the Midnight Sun | Elf Tribe | Others
All spoilers in the Devil's entry are unmarked. You Have Been Warned.
Animals and Spirits
Voiced by: Hitomi Sasaki (Japanese), Monica Rial (English)
Debut: Chapter 2 (Manga), Episode 3 (Anime)
An anti-bird that has taken a liking to Asta.
- Head Pet: Nero acts as such for Asta. She's rather helpful, as she sometimes guides Asta to the right path and shows him to the other anti-magic sword.
- Intelligible Unintelligible: She communicates through bird noises, but Asta and other mages can understand her. Well, until she reveals her true form, at least...
- Meaningful Name:
- Luck names her Nero, since it means "black". Perhaps not coincidentally, it's also the name of a famous Roman emperor.
- Her real name, "Sekre", is Ukrainian for "secret".
- Non-Human Sidekick: She acts as a chirping Head Pet to Asta after befriending him early on in the series.
- Undying Loyalty: She serves as Asta's loyal companion ever since their first meeting.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Although she constantly pecks Asta on the head due to the latter's low magic, it becomes clear that Nero's concerned about Asta's welfare.
Voiced by: Aya Uchida (Japanese), Tia Ballard (English)
Debut: Chapter 20 (Manga), Episode 19 (Anime)
Magic Attribute: Wind
The spirit of wind, whom Yuno gives the nickname Bell.
Debut: Chapter 51 (Manga), Episode 36 (Anime)
Magic Attribute: Flame
The spirit of flame that serves Fana and later Fuegoleon.
Voiced by: Yuichi Nagashima (Japanese), Barry Yandell (English)
Debut: Chapter 59 (Manga), Episode 42 (Anime)
Magic Attribute: Game
The high priest of the Underwater Temple. His not-so-harmless Game Magic crafts various obstacles and toy monsters to create deadly trials.
- Dirty Old Man: Once he tells the Black Bulls that they must play a game with him to get the magic stone, he reveals that it's the breast rubbing game, waving his hands in front of Noelle and Vanessa. Noelle punches him in response.
- Tears of Joy: He cries once Vetto is defeated, and once he rushes over to his grandchildren.
- Underestimating Badassery: He quickly realizes his mistake of judging the Black Bulls by their rankings once they show themselves to be tougher than he expected.
Voiced by: Megumi Han (Japanese), Brina Palencia, Trina Nishimura (episode 67) (English) note
Debut: Chapter 57 (Manga), Episode 39 (Anime)
Magic Attribute: Song
A priestess and songstress whose grandfather is the high priest. Her Song Magic possesses a variety of effects, ranging from healing to hypnosis.
- Cool Big Sis: Between helping Noelle learn to use her magic, having fun with her at the Star Festival and playing matchmaker on her behalf, Kahono acts more like a loving sister to Noelle than Nebra ever did.
- Enemy Mine: She's eager to battle Noelle at first so that she may fulfill her dream of going to the surface, but once Vetto butts in, she teams up with her.
- Forced Sleep: A lullaby of hers can make one fall asleep.
- Music Magic: Her magic works through songs.
- Idol Singer: She dreams of singing in surface towns so that she may easily make money.
- Shipper on Deck: She can instantly tell that Noelle has a crush on Asta and that Noelle is too much of a tsundere to do anything about it, so she sets up a "double date," solely for the purpose of goading Noelle into doing something. Hilarity Ensues as Asta doesn't even understand the concept of a date or notice Kahono hitting on him relentlessly, Kiato (who harbors a massive, unrequited crush on Noelle) is fooled into believing he has any shot whatsoever with Noelle (he doesn't), and Noelle spends the entire date being insanely jealous.
- Sibling Team: Kahono and and Kiato have a Sword and Sorcerer synergy; her songs amplify the power of his dance.
- The Speechless: Vetto crushes her throat, which makes her unable to say anything, but she can still communicate via magic. Her throat is restored once Asta uses a bottle of the Witch Queen's magic on her and Kiato.
- White Magic: She can sing a lullaby to deal with fatigue.
Voiced by: Yoshimasa Hosoya (Japanese), David Matranga (English)
Debut: Chapter 60 (Manga), Episode 42 (Anime)
Magic Attribute: Dance
A priest and dancer who is Kahono's brother. His Dance Magic lets him vault around his enemies and battle in close quarters.
- An Arm and a Leg: Vetto cuts off part of his right leg, so he can't dance anymore. He gets better, once Asta restores it by using a bottle of the Witch Queen's magic on him and Kahono.
- Dance Battler: He dances really quickly, so Asta has a hard time hitting him.
- Enemy Mine: He teams up with Asta, whom he was eager to fight to realize his dream of going to the surface, to take on Vetto.
- Hopeless Suitor: Kiato ends up developing a one-sided crush on Noelle who, by that point, is already heads over hills for Asta.
- Love Epiphany: He falls in love with Noelle after seeing her closely for the first time, and wants to go to the surface to get her, but Kahono thinks that he has no shot with her.
- Sibling Team: Kahono and and Kiato have a Sword and Sorcerer synergy; her songs amplify the power of his dance.
Voiced by: Masayuki Akasaka (Japanese), Jarrod Greene (English)
Debut: Chapter 60 (Manga), Episode 42 (Anime)
Magic Attribute: Water
A priest who is Kahono and Kiato's father.
- Bait-and-Switch Boss: Just as he's about to attack Luck and Magna, Vetto and his underlings come in and become the main enemies of the arc.
- Tears of Joy: He cries when bidding farewell to the Black Bulls, even saying that he, despite being the strongest of the temple, looked like a complete wimp during the fight.
- The Worf Effect: Gio is said to be the strongest person in the Underwater Temple, but Vetto beats him in no time to show how dangerous he is. Thus, this necessitates the Underwater Temple and Black Bulls teaming up.
Introduced in The Book of the Black Bulls
- Canon Foreigner: They were first introduced in The Book of the Black Bulls, which takes place before the Forest of Witches Arc. The anime, however, was in no such obligation not to include this storyline as flashbacks.
- The Exile: Fanzell and Dominante go into exile due to their distaste for how their kingdom has been running. After the end of The Book of the Black Bulls, Mariella joins them in exile.
- Family of Choice: The three exiles are a married couple and the guy's live-in student who looks young enough to be his daughter.
- Remember the New Guy?: If one only read the manga and not the light novel spin-off, they would appear to suddenly come out of nowhere.
Voiced by: Satoshi Mikami (Japanese), Eric Vale (English)
Debut: Chapter 82 (Manga), Episode 54 (Anime)
Magic Attribute: Wind
A former Commander in Diamond Kingdom's army, Fanzell has defected and fled his country. His swordsmanship prowess is complemented by his Wind Magic, manifested most often through wind slashes.
- Accidental Pervert: Due to him occasionally not wearing any clothes when he meets other people for the first time.
- Badass Teacher: As one who taught others to use magic effectively in combat, he is quite skillful with it himself. Against the Diamond Kingdom he is especially effective; he knows which tactics and formations they'll use because he taught both to them.
- Blow You Away: His specialty is Wind Magic, which he can use to send enemies flying into long distances.
- Comes Great Responsibility: He taught all of his students to never use their powers towards evil purposes and their primary purpose as national mages was to protect people.
- Defector from Decadence: He was once a high ranking officer before he left the Diamond Kingdom due to their inhumane practices.
- Magic Knight: He uses magic and swordsmanship. In fact, his sword is made of magic.
- Magnetic Hero: He has a talent for convincing people to join him even if it means abandoning their homeland. This list includes his wife, who left the Forest of Witches, and many of his students, who defected from the Diamond Kingdom either with him or afterward.
- The Mentor: He is responsible for teaching many of the mages. In fact, the Forest of Witches Arc plays out like a class reunion: Mars, Ladros, Fana, Asta, and Mariella are all his students. The only divergence from this is that he's not an old man. He's only 28.
- Naked People Are Funny: During his introduction, he runs away from giant boar without any clothes on. Noelle and Dominante predictably beat the crap out of him whenever they see him naked.
- Spell Blade: He often uses his magic to envelop what he has in hand with wind magic.
- Younger Than They Look: Fanzell is only 28, but people assume that he's actually a lot older.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Since he can't keep his shirt on for more than one scene, he's inevitably fighting without it.
Voiced by: Misako Tomioka (Japanese), Katelyn Barr (English)
Debut: Chapter 82 (Manga), Episode 55 (Anime)
A witch from the Forest of Witches and Fanzell's wife. She is a creator of magic tools.
- Anger Born of Worry: Her very first scene in the anime is punching her fiancé and then hugging him out of relief that he wasn't killed by the Diamond Kingdom's assassins.
- Defecting for Love: She left the Forest of Witches and provoked the ire of its queen out of love for Fanzell.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: She'll occasionally hit her husband Fanzell for various reasons. It's always Played for Laughs.
- Gadgeteer Genius: She creates magical tools, such as a blanket that can conceal someone from sight and magical detection.
- Hot Witch: She hails from the Forest of Witches and Fanzell certainly thinks she's hot.
- Intrepid Merchant: She takes almost any chance to sell her wares.
- Tragic Keepsake: Subverted in regards to her wand. When Mariella presents the bloodied wand to Fanzell, it's set up as a sad reminder of her apparent demise. Then, it turns out that Dominante is alive after all.
- Tsundere: She is an extreme Tsun-Tsun, swiftly moving from gushingly affectionate over Fanzell to punching him for some slight or failing.
Voiced by: Sayaka Senbongi (Japanese), Alexis Tipton (English)
Debut: Chapter 82 (Manga), Episode 55 (Anime)
Magic Attribute: Ice
An assassin from the Diamond Kingdom who was sent to take back her former master Fanzell and his wife Dominante. After interference from the Black Bulls, she joins up with her master and left the Diamond Kingdom.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: When she's first introduced, she has short black hair as well as a calm personality.
- The Atoner: By the end of The Book of the Black Bulls, she reveals that she has deeply regretted her service as an assassin for the Diamond Kingdom. She decides to atone for them by exacting revenge for her fallen comrades and turn herself in to the Clover Kingdom's Magic Knights.
- Black Cloak: She wears a black cloak as part of her standard uniform.
- Defector from Decadence: The deaths of her comrades cause her to defect from the Diamond Kingdom to side with Fanzell and Dominante.
- Easily Forgiven: She is instantly forgiven by Fanzell for trying to assassinate him and his wife when they deserted the Diamond Kingdom.
- Everyone Has Standards: Despite working as an assassin for the Diamond Kingdom, she grows appalled by their actions, leading to her self-imposed exile.
- Faux Affably Evil: During her time as an assassin, she has a calm and relaxed disposition. However, this quickly dissipates when she stabs Fanzell in the back and has her squadmates capture him.
- Flaw Exploitation: According to her character profile, she likes exploiting vulnerabilities.
- Freudian Excuse: Fanzell served as Mariella's master for years. However, his fellow students were killed by the Diamond Kingdom's assassination squad and Mariella herself was forced to cooperate with them. Ever since then, she plots to capture Fanzell and help him complete their experiments on Mars.
- HeelFace Turn: She was originally an assassin sent after her former master and his wife but later joins them.
- Heel Realization: When the Black Bulls find Dominante, Mariella tells everyone about how regretful she was when she became an assassin for the Diamond Kingdom.
- Hypocritical Humor: She scolds Asta for calling Fanzell "old man" even while doing so herself. If he must say "old man" then it must be with the proper respect!
- An Ice Person: Being a user of Ice Magic, she can create blades out of solid ice.
- Professional Killer: Her role in The Book of the Black Bulls is to serve as a hit-woman for the Diamond Kingdom's assassination squad.
- Punch-Clock Villain: When she's introduced, Mariella comes off as a reasonable assassin just following her kingdom's orders to retrieve Fanzell to carry out with the experiments that were used on Mars.
- Reverse Mole: She eventually tells the Black Bulls that she wants to attack the Diamond Kingdom and turn herself in, all out of repentance for her past actions.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: As it later turns out, Mariella plans to exact revenge on the Diamond Kingdom for using her as a pawn before she turns herself in, to the Clover Kingdom's magic knights to atone for her crimes.
- Sweet Tooth: According to her character profile, she likes chocolate lollipops.
Forest of Witches
Voiced by: Ryoko Gi (Japanese), Jamie Marchi (English)
Debut: Chapter 82 (Manga), Episode 57 (Anime)
Magic Attribute: Blood
The ruler of the Forest of Witches.
- Abusive Parent: A textbook case. She gives her daughter an Impossible Task, locks her in a cage until she accomplishes it, and constantly puts her down for her failure.
- Animal Eye Spy: She can see through the eyes of any crow in the Forest of Witches.
- Animal Motif: Her character revolves around crows. Everything from appearance to personality. She even moves around by assuming the form of a murder of crows.
- Arc Villain: She serves as the main antagonist of the Forest of Witches Arc.
- The Atoner: After accepting defeat towards the end of her arc, she heals everyone, gives Asta her magic earring and allows Vanessa to return to the forest as a way of atoning for her misdeeds.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: She is the most powerful witch, as expected from the ruler of the Forest of Witches, and unlocks Asta's latent magic to defeat the Diamond Kingdom's invaders.
- Bad Boss: The Witch Queen tends to kill any witch who has a relationship with a man. She'll also punish those who have returned to the forest, as Vanessa finds out the hard way.
- Bad Samaritan: If she ever agrees to help you, even if such help is clearly in her best interests, you will live to regret it.
- Berserk Button:
- Anything that does not fit her views of perfection can send her flying into a rage, whether it would be Vanessa or her friends.
- She does not tolerate betrayal from her followers. If you leave the forest and come back, she will make every effort to try and kill you. If you form a relationship with any man she doesn't approve of, may God have mercy on your soul.
- Blood Magic: Combined with People Puppets. Her magic is the manipulation of blood, and she can use it to control people.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: She is willing to have Asta and his friends fend off the Diamond Kingdom and the Eye of the Midnight Sun. However, she's doing it for her own purposes and ultimately pits Asta against his friends.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: She ends up on the receiving end when she tries using Blood Magic on her daughter, only for Rouge to dispel her magic.
- Crystal Ball: She wields one, which she can foresee future events as well as helping Asta defeat the invaders from the Diamond Kingdom and the Eye of the Midnight Sun.
- Dark Is Evil: Her dress is colored green-and-black and is a particularly nasty character. While even most of the villains have some kind of Freudian Excuse, no matter how flimsy it is, she just prefers doing things in the most damaging manner possible, for little to no reason. Well, until she is defeated by Rouge at least.
- Defeat Means Respect: She begins to act like a true queen in Chapter 101, giving Asta and the others their due reward for saving her people as a direct result of losing to Vanessa.
- Does Not Like Men: Her hatred of the male gender is so acute that not only is she researching magic to make her people a One-Gender Race, but she treats any of her followers who have relations with any man that she doesn't approve of as a full-blooded traitor, meriting only execution.
- Dynamic Entry: For all her flaws, the lady sure knows how to make an entrance.
- Entitled Bitch: She thinks that by forcing Vanessa to awaken her magic, it automatically makes her entitled to have it for herself. After the "red thread of fate" magic is formed, the Witch Queen proceeds to kill Vanessa. The magic, however, disagrees.
- Establishing Character Moment: The Queen shows her ferocity by taunting Vanessa about running away from the Forest of Witches to be with Yami, and later stomps on her daughter's face when the latter tries bargaining with her on how to dispel ancient hexes.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Given her sympathetic reaction when she finally sets Vanessa free at the end of the Forest of Witches Arc, it turns out that the Queen deeply loves her daughter.
- Even Evil Has Standards: After Vanessa tells the Queen her resolve and quickly overpowers her, she finally allows Vanessa to go free and return to the forest whenever she wants to.
- Evil Matriarch: She's the Queen of the Forest of Witches, and either has no redeeming features or keeps them very well hidden. Well, until the aftermath of the Diamond Kingdom's invasion at least...
- Facial Markings: She has some blue "water drop" markings under her eyes.
- Fantasy-Forbidding Mother: She locked up a young Vanessa, her own daughter, in a cage until her "divination" that said daughter gain the magic of manipulating fate itself with her strings, and forces Asta to kill Vanessa's friends to make her "perfect divination" true.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: The Witch Queen is one of the series' nastiest villains. That is, until her HeelFace Turn at the end of the Forest of Witches Arc.
- Graceful Loser: After suffering a subdued Villainous Breakdown when Vanessa's red thread of fate defeats her, the Witch Queen calmly realizes that she has forgotten some things about her quests to strive for perfection, accepts defeat, heals everyone and ultimately tells Vanessa that she can return to the forest as she pleases.
- "Groundhog Day" Loop: Vanessa uses her Red Thread of Fate magic to trap the Queen in one in order to stop the latter from killing Noelle and Finral. She has a Delayed Reaction when the loop begins to repeat.
- HeelFace Turn: By the end of the Forest of Witches Arc, she decides to become a better queen by first healing everyone and then giving the Black Bulls their reward for saving her people.
- Heel Realization: After being defeated by Rouge, the Queen realizes she's in the wrong about her attempts to control destiny and is visibly distraught.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: The Witch Queen ultimately becomes a kinder ruler after Rouge defeats her.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: In Chapter 98, she openly thanks Asta for his efforts to protect her people from the Diamond Kingdom's armed invasion, where she was the "prize" they sought and praised his fighting prowess. This benevolence is very short lived.
- Lady of Black Magic: The evil ruler of the Forest of Witches, wielding overwhelming amounts of mana and Blood Magic at her disposal.
- Laser-Guided Karma: After the Witch Queen tried to force Vanessa to awaken her magic during her early life, she gets easily curb-stomped by said magic.
- Light Is Not Good: Despite having a green uniform and pink hair, she's a merciless villain.
- Like Mother Unlike Daughter: The Witch Queen is an Evil Matriarch who doesn't like men and imperfection. Vanessa, on the other hand, is a hero who is willing to help others in need and often hangs around men.
- Mama Bear: She will do anything that may harm her daughters. However, it's subverted with her relationship with Vanessa, whom the Queen often abuses and locks up until she learns to control her magic. While she is willing to let Vanessa go when Yami freed her, she resorts to beating the crap out of Vanessa when she asks her to heal Asta's arms to the point that she tries taking her magic for herself.
- Ms. Exposition: She provides valuable intel regarding the Elf Tribe's history to the Black Bulls as well as where the anti-magic swords originated from.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After the Witch Queen is utterly defeated, she shows genuine regret on how she forgot one thing in her quest for perfection: Vanessa could never have unlocked her true magic without the rest of her friends' support. Before Vanessa leaves, the Queen allows her to come back home whenever she feels like it as a form of apology.
- Never My Fault: She never acknowledges that it's her own actions that caused Vanessa to be captured as well as Asta trying to kill the latter's friends, instead considering her actions as "fate". It quickly backfires on her after she's utterly defeated.
- Nice Hat: She wears an oversized green hat to go with her uniform.
- Obviously Evil: Her very sinister personality, green-and-black dress and use of black crows all show that she's definitely not a good guy. At first.
- Offing the Offspring: The Witch Queen attempts to kill Vanessa when she finally unleashes her "red thread of fate" magic. It doesn't work.
- One Bad Mother: She's a very dangerous witch who's the biological mother of Vanessa as well as all of the other witches in the forest.
- Principles Zealot: She's obsessed with perfection. To enforce her twisted view of it, she's willing to kill anyone and everyone that she thinks stands in her way, including her daughter and her daughter's friends.
- Rant-Inducing Slight: Asta very politely asking her to heal his companions, who were all grievously wounded protecting her people, immediately sends her into a murderous fury that she intends to force Asta to carry out, by controlling his body against his will.
- Really 700 Years Old: Despite looking like a young mother, she's actually a few centuries old. As such, the Diamond King, who is on the verge of death, has ordered Mars and Ladros to find the secret of her long life.
- Ripple Effect-Proof Memory: When Vanessa unleashes her Red Thread of Fate spell, she saves Asta from killing Noelle and Finral, much to the Queen's silent dismay as she remembers what she said.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: As a ruler of the Forest of Witches, she commands her own army and is willing to attack intruders.
- Sinister Scythe: She wields one formed from her own Blood Magic.
- Shoot the Dog: She views killing off Vanessa as this, given she wants her daughter's magic for herself. The "thread of fate" disagrees.
- Ungrateful Bitch: The people of Clover come to her kingdom's aid and stop the Diamond Kingdom's invasion. Yet the Queen enslaves Asta and forces him to try and kill them, along with the Diamond Kingdom invaders, even those who defected because their "loyalty" was due to mind control, brainwashing, or both. It doesn't work.
- Vicariously Ambitious: Since she can't manipulate fate with magic, only "receive divinations", she forces her daughter to learn the magic instead, or be imprisoned in a cage until she dies.
- Villain Teleportation: She uses this when she arrives at the battlefield to take control of Asta and have him kill his friends.
- The Worf Effect: A slightly roundabout one. Asta's arms, besides being completely shattered by the injuries he took from fighting Vetto, are also afflicted with ancient curse magic that even the Clover Kingdom's best healer cant overcome. However, once she's convinced to do so, the Witch Queen breaks the curse and fixes up Asta's arms like it's nothing, proving that she's a serious heavy-hitter in the magic department. After learning some humility, she even provides Asta with a portable version of the spell to fix up Kiato and Kahono.
- Would Hurt a Child: She curb-stomps Vanessa, her own daughter, when the latter asks her to heal Asta's arms. Not to mention that she attempts to take Vanessa's magic for herself when it manifested.
- You Can't Fight Fate: A literal example. During Chapters 99 and 100, there are strong hints that she was indeed being controlled by some outside power or influence, as she became more and more distraught, not only at the outcome, but at her own words and actions, constantly going "Did I really do this?" or "Did I really say that?" in response to some despicable act that was blocked by Vanessa's new "Red Thread of Fate" magic.
- You Can't Go Home Again: Invoked by her when her fellow witches leave the forest; if they do return to the forest, she will have to punish them for it. However, she does make an exception at the end of the Forest of Witches Arc when she tells Vanessa to come back to the Forest as she wishes.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Like her daughter, the Witch Queen has pink hair.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: A subverted example. Once Asta and his friends help thwart the Diamond Kingdom's invasion of the Forest of Witches, she decides to have Asta kill everyone there (including Vanessa). It doesn't work thanks to Vanessa's newly-manifested "Red Thread of Fate" magic foiling the Queen's plans in an awesome way.
- You Remind Me of X: Asta's fighting style and use of the five leaf clover grimoire had her convinced Asta was related to "them". Powerful anti-magic warriors that she holds in high esteem. She was visibly downcast when she realized he's just incapable of using magic... until she realized his "defect" made him truly special.
Voiced by: Kumi Takaragi (Japanese)
Debut: Chapter 68 (Manga), Episode 46 (Anime)
Magic Attribute: Wind
A young woman who was the younger sister of the First Wizard King.
- Blow You Away: She uses Wind Magic.
- Bridal Carry: Carried like that when Licht saved her from her tornado.
- Damsel in Distress: Became one after unsuccessfully controlling her Wind Magic.
- Interspecies Friendship: She was friends with the elves.
- Interspecies Romance: She was Licht's bride and even had been impregnated before the wedding.
- Wedding Smashers: At her wedding, humans, one of whom used Light Magic, attacked the elves and killed all of them.
Debut: Chapter 196 (Manga)
Magic Attribute: Word Soul
A demon that is the true mastermind of the elves' massacre, tricking the humans to kill them on Licht's wedding day. He possesses Ronne after he is reincarnated and uses Yuno's magic stone to summon his body from hell.
He uses the powerful Word Soul Magic, which makes anything he says become reality.
- The Chessmaster: Took advantage of the humans' desire for magic power and manipulated them to kill the elves. He correctly predicted that Patry would want revenge and reincarnated the elves.
- Dark Is Evil: A demon shrouded in dark energy with a pointed tail and bat-like wings, and the one who orchestrated the elves' massacre.
- Demonic Possession: He possesses the elf Ronne.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: His dark, bat-like wings definitely fit him being the Devil.
- Greater-Scope Villain: He tricked the humans to mass murder the elves, given that the elves' deaths led to Patry's reincarnation and his becoming the Big Bad of the story.
- Reality Warper: His powerful magic is able to make anything he says become real, and he can seemingly cast whatever spell he wants by simply uttering the words.
- Storm of Blades: He can create a swarm of swords that Asta cant even destroy because theyre real blades.
- Walking Spoiler: It's hard talking about him without mentioning his role as the mastermind of the elf massacre.
- Words Can Break My Bones: His word soul magic can do whatever he speaks aloud and is not limited by attribute like most magics. Return reflects Patry's light magic back at him, and Vacuum Wall sucks in Yuno's wind magic.
Debute: Chapter 97
Magic Attribute: Unknown (presumably Anti-Magic)The devil inside Asta's Grimoire. It has spoken to Asta before and while it's intentions are not yet clear, it's obviously up to no good.
- Unsportsmanlike Gloating: Mocks the Devil that tried to conquer the world and was responsible for the elf massacre hundreds of years ago after Asta cuts him in half. Since Asta is using his power it's basically the same as him beating the other devil and calling him the loser.
- Superior Successor: At the very least, if his interactions with the other devil who was the Big Bad up to the point of his destruction, this devil aspires to be even greater.