In the year 2020, she serves as the current Earl of Genpo (formerly Phantomhive) and the only remaining survivor after her parents are mysteriously assassinated and she is later kidnapped, only to return six months later with her loyal butler, Sebastian by her side.
However, unlike her distant relative Ciel, she returns as a male named Kiyoharu as only men can inherit and just like Ciel, not only maintained but strengthened her family's wealth and title, is also serving as one of the nobles serving as The Queen of the West's Watchdog whom is charged with dealing with problems relating to the underworld and in the movie, she's ordered to investigate the suspicious serial mummification deaths, as known as "The Devil's Curse".
- Arbitrary Skepticism: In the beginning of the movie, after managing to escape being sold into slavery as a woman and commanding Sebastian to murder every enemy in the warehouse, she turns to one of the human trafficking victims who has seen everything and is praying with a crucifix in their hands and tells her that there's no point in praying because God doesn't exist and no one will save any one of them and then walks out of the burning warehouse with her demon butler asking her what she would like for dinner.
- Aristocrats Are Evil
- Being Tortured Makes You Evil
- Break the Cutie: She was only seven years old when she watched her parents die and was kidnapped and tortured.
- Broken Bird
- Dark and Troubled Past: As a little girl, her parents were murdered and she was kidnapped, tortured and branded. Then she later sells her soul to Sebastian.
- Deal with the Devil
- Determinator: especially towards the end where she sacrifices her life to save everyone else. She gets better though.
- The Dog Bites Back: Just like her distant relative, Ciel.
- Eyepatch of Power
- Flat-Earth Atheist: See Arbitrary Skepticism above
- Generation Xerox: Without a doubt. You could take almost everything about Ciel from the personality traits to the servants to the tragic backstory and it would match Shiori's life to a T. It's explained that the world has been divided into two: The East and The West: The Western Nations, which are run by the Queen, and the Eastern Nations, which oppose them. In order to unify the world, the Queen dispatched her confidential noblemen, who are notoriously known as "The Queen's Watchdogs", to various countries to act as her spies and eyes to the underground. This included the Phantomhive (later Genpo) family, who's Heads have played the role of the Queen's main Watchdog. Earl of the West, Ernest Phantomhive (a possible future relative of Ciel and Elizabeth) later moves to the East and changes his name to Genpo, taking Funtom with him. Later the Third generation Earl of Genpo, Arihito and his wife Erika were assassinated by a cult in front of seven year old Shiori who is kidnapped, gagged, tortured and branded, only to sell her soul to Sebastian in exchange for killing her captors and him helping obtain her revenge. She later cuts off all of her hair, binds her breasts and begins to pose as Kiyoharu Genpo, a bastard son of Arihito's and inherits everything she wouldn't have if she was Shiori, as only men can inherit the estate. And although people become suspicious, her DNA (obviously) matches her aunt and only remaining relative, Hanae Wakatsuki's, and with that information taken care of she easily slides into the role of Earl of Genpo. It's also revealed in the climax of the film that the Genpo/Phantomhive family has had a curse on them where the head eventually sells their soul to a demon butler and it's implied that it started with Ciel and the demon is always Sebastian.
- Good Is Not Nice
- Heir Club for Men: She presents as male and changes her name from Shiori to Kiyoharu because as a woman, she wouldn't be allowed to inherit the Genpo/Phantomhive estate nor Phantom/Funtom Corporation.
- Heroic BSoD: When obtaining an envelope from her aunt, she nearly faints at the sight of the seal which is identical to the emblem she saw on the gun that murdered her parents and the brand that was burned onto her skin by the cult that kidnapped her.
- Hereditary Curse: According to Hanae when she threatens to kill Shiori and everyone within one kilometer of her, selling your soul to a demon was actually a curse that was passed down through the whole of the Phantomhive/Genpo family, most likely starting with Ciel.
- Improbable Age: Just like Ciel, Kiyoharu/Shiori is the head of a powerful family and a popular company that sells toys and candy, is working for the Queen of The Western Nations as a spy/black ops/assassin, owns an entire mansion and is stinking rich from the money s/he inherited when his/her parents died. Despite being seventeen years old, this happens around the age of 7 to 8 years old.
- In-Series Nickname: Along with "The Queen's Watchdog" and "The Evil Nobleman", "Kiyoharu" counts as well.
- I Owe You My Life: Once again, to Sebastian. Literally. Sebastian more or less brings this back up again when he saves her by kissing her and feeding her the antidote, stating that she owes him a soul darker than black and to die now would be uninteresting.
- Jade-Colored Glasses
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She usually doesn't act like a nice person, but she is generally polite to her aunt though that goes out the window fast and Rin, who planned to sacrifice her life to save Shiori. However, Sebastian is fair play. After she crushes the Necrosis pill in her hand, she also seals her fate along with her aunt's. After her aunt passes and with Sebastian refusing to help her and buzzing in her ear about not fulfilling her goal for revenge, she refuses to save herself first and tries to save everyone by trying to defuse the Necrosis pill bomb while blood is pouring from her ears and nose and while there is only a few minutes left before the bomb goes off.
- Kubrick Stare
- Living a Double Life
- Neutral Female
- Nice Hat: Shiori dons a fancy top hat when she's attending events.
- Perpetual Frowner
- Power at a Price: She contracts Sebastian to help her in succeeding her goals, including revenge for her parents' murders and her kidnapping, in exchange for her soul when her last goal is met.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: More like Glowy Blue Eye, Kiss Your Ass Goodbye, but details
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Sebastian's Blue.
- Royal Brat: Not as much as Ciel was, but Shiori is incredibly arrogant and won't hesitate to verbally abuse the hell out of Sebastian, despite him being a demon who could break the contract and eat her at any time.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: How she usually obtains her information for cases and how she gets away with murdering anyone.
- Smart People Play Chess
- Spell My Name with an "S": Genpo/Genpou
- Spoiled Brat: Sebastian would say "rotten ass brat", but eh. Same thing.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: The only way for her to inherit the estate and obtain the resources she needed to take revenge was to don a new disguise as Kiyoharu Genpo, the bastard son.
- Teen Genius
- Troubled, but Cute
- Unable to Smile: Literally. Unlike Ciel, who claimed he couldn't smile after his parents' murder and his abduction but could fake it if need be, Shiori really can't. At all. Well until the end of the film, when she asks Sebastian to stay with her until she sleeps and as she falls asleep, she imagines it's her father instead of Sebastian who is lovingly caressing her hair. Then she shows the tiniest but heartwarming and absolutely cute little smile.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid
- Wicked Cultured
- Woman of Wealth and Taste
- You Killed My Father: Her reason for selling her soul to Sebastian and disguising herself as a man to inherit the estate was to obtain infinite resources in order to find and get revenge on everyone who had something to do with her parents' murder and her abduction.
Rin is Shiori's maid and incredibly similar to Mey-Rin in appearance and personality, possibly implying that she is related to Mey-Rin, just as Shiori is to Ciel.
- Action Girl: She's a skilled fighter and marksman, being trained by her family to fight for the Genpo/Phantomhive family.
- Blind Without 'Em: Averted, as Sebastian states that her eyesight is perfectly fine nor the source of her clumsiness. When they come off though
- Spell My Name with an "S": Rin/Lin
- The Reveal: Two. One) that she, like her possible relative, is a skilled fighter and Two) she knew Kiyoharu was Shiori for the past ten years and pieced together when she would come back as a boy.
- Undying Loyalty: Her family has served the Genpo/Phantomhive family for generations and lives for that exact purpose. She even learned how to fight to defend the family and even though she admits she's a useless maid, Shiori never got rid of her or thought about it so she even prepared to die for Shiori.
Another butler of Shiori's and her driver. He bears similarities to the Tanaka that served Ciel, down to the lack of speaking and constantly drinking out of a similar green cup.
Hanae is Shiori's aunt, her mother's sister, and only remaining relative. She bears heavy similarities to Madame Red.
- Beauty Is Bad: She and Kujo come across Necrosis while trying to develop a pill to keep her beauty and prolong her aging.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Just because Shiori, Rin, and Sebastian got in her way to frame Shinozaki the weapons dealer for the terrorist attack, she decides to frame Shiori and The Queen for it all.
- She was originally married to Arihito Genpo first and then an accident happened and she lost her child, rendering her barren and Arihito divorced her for it and married her sister, Erika. This made her so angry that she sold both her sister and her ex-husband out to an Eastern syndicate that wanted them dead.
- Cool Aunt: To Kiyoharu/Shiori at first, anyway. She isn't aware that Kiyoharu is actually Shiori, but even so, supported Kiyoharu as his guardian and with her cooperation, Shiori as Kiyoharu maintained and strengthened the Genpo/Phantomhive family's wealth. She also seems to be aware that Kiyoharu is the Queen's Watchdog. In actuality, she actually knew that Kiyoharu was Shiori from the very beginning and she also knew that Shiori sold her soul to a demon, just like her relatives before her.
- Deadly Nosebleed: When Shiori crushes the Necrosis in her face, Hanae slowly begins to bleed from her nose and ears.
- Disappears into Light: Her eyes widen as she takes her last breath and unlike other deaths, as a consequence of her taking so many beauty drugs, she literally shatters into pieces of glass and light.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: After being betrayed by him and betraying him in return, she loves Shiori's father enough to carry their engagement photo around in her locket and to make the code of the attache case the Necrosis bomb was in the day Shiori's parents were murdered.
- Eye Scream: After she takes what she thinks is the antidote, she finds out that it was really more Necrosis that was stained with Sebastian's blood and begins to bleed out of her eye sockets.
- Evil All Along: It turns out she's the one behind Necrosis and the serial mummification murders and she was one of the people involved in murdering Shiori's parents and abducting Shiori.
- Evil Aunt: She played a role in the murder of her own sister and brother-in-law/ex-husband in front of her seven year old niece and then watched as her niece was kidnapped and did nothing.
- Ill Girl: Takes special medication for an unknown illness. She's actually not as sick as she makes herself out to be. It turns out that it was just pills she paid to have manufactured to prolong her age and keep her looking beautiful for long. And the side effects control her seizures at the same time.
- Like a Son to Me: Kiyoharu/Shiori except not really. She even roars that Shiori should have never been born.
- Tragic Monster: She wouldn't have done all of this if Arihito didn't divorce solely because she was barren and if he wasn't the Queen's Watchdog altogether.
- Would Hurt a Child: shoots Shiori in the shoulder and has her servant beat her up with a cane before she attempts to shoot Shiori again in the head.
Charles is the Queen of the Western Nations' personal secretary, who often visits Kiyoharu/Shiori.
An investigator with the Foreign Affairs Bureau for the Ministry of State Security, who believes Shiori/Kiyoharu and Sebastian poses a danger to the Eastern Nations and their citizens as The Queen's Watchdog and wants to eradicate them as soon as possible.
A mysterious undertaker who allows Kiyoharu/Shiori to examine bodies for a fee.
- Ambiguously Evil: He's not evil, but he's definitely not on the side of the good guys.
The head of a pharmaceutical corporation. He's also the one responsible for developing Necrosis, the drug behind the serial mummification murders after being commissioned by Hanae Wakatsuki to create a pill that would prolong her life and beauty.
- To the Pain: He offers up a new drug for the clubgoers called Necrosis and when the first victim starts dying and everyone starts panicking, he gleefully explains that they've just inhaled the drug responsible for The Devil's Curse deaths and begins to explain how they will die as they're doing so.
- Hate Sink: He is a pharmaceutical executive hired by Lady Hanae Wakatsuki to make an immortality serum. To do so, he buys women from Human Traffickers and experiments on them until their bodies give out. After discovering a drug called Necrosis, which mummifies people within minutes, Kujo tests it on various people. This eventually culminates in him poisoning a nightclub full of people and watching them tear each other apart for the antidote.
- Would Hurt a Child: Well, teenager really. He knocks out Shiori and Rin when they sneak into the secret club. And later it's revealed that while developing Hanae's beauty drug AND Necrosis, he used young women and girls as lab rats and ingredients so it explains where those girls at the beginning of the film would've gone to.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: He's murdered by Hanae once he gives her everything involving her beauty medication, Necrosis, including the formula and the antidote.