Voiced by: Masakazu Morita
While most Orders are said to be evil, violent beings who use their power for their own selfish interests, Eiji wants to use his power, Domain Control, to bring world peace.
- Evil Laugh: Gives a few of these in the manga while brutally dismembering Sena's guards while in denial his sister has betrayed him.
- During the climax of the anime, he constantly argues with his father that granting everybody's wishes is not a valid form of happiness, yet has no problem killing God and shaping the world to his personal likings.
- In both the manga and anime, Eiji claims to want to use his powers to bring world peace, but is entirely willing to destroy the world just to save his sister.
- Impaled Palm: Eiji's hand is stabbed with Rin's katana. She blamed him for the death of her parents, and wanted him to suffer a little bit before she killed him.
- Knight Templar Big Brother: He loves his sister to the point where he was willing to sacrifice the entire world for a chance to save her.
- Love at First Sight: From the moment he first sees Rin, Eiji finds her very cute. Even after she tries to kill him, he's still attracted to her.
- Oblivious to Love: He doesn't realize Iyo is head-over-heels in love with him, even assuming she doesn't like him at all. It takes Iyo yelling out she likes him after stripping naked in front of him for Eiji to get how she feels.
- Pals with Jesus: Eiji is this to Daisy, the seemingly-omnipotent fey/alien/demigod/thing which was responsible for the Mass Super-Empowering Event of ten years ago.
- People Puppets: Eiji's "conquest" Order amounts to this. It's not straight mind control, as Rin was obviously aware of her own actions.
- Power Limiter: Daisy had limited his powers to 0,01% at the start of the series.
- Power Parasite: His true Order gave him the ability to steal Sena's Order because his wish was to take the blame for the Great Destruction in her stead.
- Puppet King: As revealed in chapter 4, several other Order users intend to make Eiji a figurehead and Take Over the World under his nominal leadership. He starts to try to take the initiative and get some actual power in the very next chapter though.
- Silent Scapegoat: His actual wish was to take on Sena's fault after she had caused the Great Destruction.
- Take Over the World: Eiji's goal. He got the idea from a manga he was reading as a kid.
- Utopia Justifies the Means: Averted for the moment as of chapter 2. Eiji considers using his powers in that way, but realizes that isn't the way he wants to conquer the world.
- Villain Protagonist: What Eiji wants to be.
Voiced by: Shiori Mikami
A 17-year-old second lieutenant from the Dazaifu Central Bureau who is sent as an assassin to ultimately kill Eiji.
She is an angry, mentally deranged girl who despises Eiji for causing the death of her family and will stop at nothing to end his life, no matter what. Her Order power is immortality.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Her hair and eyes are magenta in the manga, while the anime gave them a redder color.
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to Iyo's Betty. Rin is a deranged and deadly Dark Action Girl out for Eiji's life, but he finds himself attracted to her cuteness. This comes in direct contrast to the demure Iyo who is devotedly in love with Eiji.
- Combat Medic: Her orders are primarily for healing, but she's also a capable fighter as well.
- Cool Big Sis: To Sena. At first, she doesn't really care about her, only using her as bait to lure Eiji into a trap, but by episode 8, they highly enjoy each others' company.
- Cry Cute: Eiji can't help to find her cute when she cries despite her numerous attempts to murder him.
- Curtains Match the Window: Her hair and eyes are crimson red.
- Cute and Psycho: While she's got quite a few screws loose, Rin can smile adorably while attempting to murder Eiji. This causes a bit of confusion for Eiji as he's turned off by her murderous craziness, but feels attracted to her cute side.
- Dark Action Girl: As an assassin motivated by revenge, Rin is psychotic, ruthless and bloodthirsty.
- Fiery Redhead: Her crimson hair goes perfectly with her violent, hotheaded and impulsive personality.
- Flower in Her Hair: She wears a pair of flower pins on each side of her hair.
- From a Single Cell: Her Order, having the ability to regenerate herself and everybody else by will.
- Girlish Pigtails: She ties up her hair into twin-tails, fitting her cutesy behavior despite her murderous impulses and her Tsundere tendencies towards Eiji.
- Healing Factor: Rin's power, which allows her to recover from any injury she receives.
- Healing Hands: Rin is capable of extending her healing to others.
- Immortal Life Is Cheap: Rin is killed several times, only to heal up and return to normal as if nothing happened. While her first death with Eiji is treated seriously, several of her deaths are later Played for Laughs, where she repeatedly gets killed by traps set up by her organization as she attempts to lead him out/trying to kill him by accident.
- In Love with the Mark: She's an assassin sent to kill Eiji, so he deals with her by putting her under an order to always be near him and never harm him. While she doesn't give up on killing him, being forced to be by his side makes Rin develop a crush on him.
- It's Personal: Killing Eiji is her mission, but she has a personal grudge against him because his wish caused the Great Destruction where her parents died.
- Loophole Abuse: Tries several indirect attempts at killing Eiji in chapter 3 due to his Order preventing her from doing so directly. They all fail though.
- New Transfer Student: Rin transfers to Eiji's class, and even lives in the same apartment complex as him. However, this was all a ploy so that they could find him, and Rin attempts to kill him due to blaming him for the death of her parents.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: Rin feels this way towards Eiji and her devotion towards that goal is strong enough for her to bust Eiji out of prison in chapter 3. It seemed that she's abandoned this mindset by chapter 6, where she leads the stone giant to Eiji's hideout to let it try to kill him, but then it comes back in chapter 8, where she decides to end her alliance with the master of the giant for that very reason.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her pigtails go down to about her waist.
- Stockholm Syndrome: To stop her from trying to kill him, Eiji makes Rin a prisoner of his domain, forbidding her from ever being away from him or harming him and Sena. Also, he accidentally orders her to become his fiancée. Rin initially resigns to Eiji's control because she might get a chance to kill him if he's always with her. Eventually, she ends up falling for him.
- The Tease: After Eiji puts her under his control and accidentally makes her his future wife, Rin constantly grabs his crotch and rubs her knee against it. Even moreso in the OVA as she playfully bites his ear.
- Tsundere: An exaggerated example and a rare case that doubles as a Yandere. Rin hates Eiji to death for indirectly causing the death of her parents and her life goal is to murder him one day. Since Eiji's Order makes it impossible for her to hurt him physically, Rin has to conform with expressing her hatred through non-aggressive hostility and suggesting Eiji to let himself get killed. She still ends up helping Eiji under the excuse that she won't let anyone but her kill him and once she sees he's not as despicable as she thought, she comes to like him even if she won't admit it. A good instance of this is when Eiji says kissing Rin felt awesome and Rin responds by yelling insults at him while getting a Luminescent Blush.
- Yandere: Boy, is she ever, though she really becomes this after Eiji alters her thinking with his power. Throughout most of the first half of the anime, she constantly switches between flirting with Eiji and trying to kill him. Though in the manga where after the truth is revealed, she stopped being this.
- You Killed My Father: Rin's parents died in a fire during the Great Destruction caused by Eiji's wish, which is why she wants to murder him. After she learns the truth about the Great Destruction, her target changes to Sena.
- Zettai Ryouiki: When working as a lieutenant, Rin dresses in a military coat that looks like a mini dress along with thigh-high boots paired with stockings, leaving only a bit of her thighs exposed.
Voiced by: Misaki Kuno
Eiji's younger stepsister.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Sena's hair goes from orange in the manga to brown in the anime.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Her wish when Daisy was first activated is to unite her family and stay together forever. The result was the Great Destruction.
- Big Brother Attraction: Particularly in the anime, Sena's love for her brother clearly isn't familial. Sena even kisses him on the lips in the final episode.
- Damsel in Distress: Rin takes Sena hostage, and then stabs her in order to force Eiji to confront them. Later, Sena is locked in a time stasis to prevent her disease from advancing until the Order Users could find an Order who could heal Sena's illness.
- Hidden Depths: She shown a lot of guile when she's kidnapped by Gennei, calmly processing the information given to her with ease and used it to help her brother.
- Ill Girl: Sena is bedridden in the hospital, and Eiji later reveals to Rin that she has an incurable blood disease that would have killed her in six months. Unfortunately, the Order Users also catch wind of it, and use finding a cure for her as an excuse to force Eiji to work with them.
- Not Blood Siblings: She's Eiji's stepsister as their parents were divorcees who remarried to each other. In the manga, they loved each other as brother and sister, but the anime went overboard with the romantic and even sexual overtones to their relationship.
- The Not-Love Interest: She's the most important person in Eiji's life and his main motivation is to find a way to cure her terminal illness. They share an immense love for each other, which is purely familial on both ends.
- Soap Opera Disease: Eiji mentions to Rin that Sena has an incurable blood disease that would've killed her in six months. He was hiding it from her and lying to her that she would get better someday so as not to cause her to fall into a Despair Event Horizon.
- Strike Me Down: Her ultimate plan is to force Eiji to kill her so she can make him a hero and free him from the burden she puts on him.
- Tomato in the Mirror: Remembering she, not Eiji, is the one who caused the destruction of the world.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Her wish to keep her family together somehow turned into the destruction of the world.
- Zero-Approval Gambit: After she and Eiji recover their memories, Sena becomes convinced that she has done nothing but make his brother miserable by having him take the blame of the Great Destruction for her. She plays the villain and makes everything she can to make Eiji hate her so he can become a hero by killing her.
- Your Days Are Numbered: Sena has only six months left to live.
Group of Ten
The First Hand - Fuwa Raido
Voiced by: Mitsuru Miyamoto
The first hand of the Group of Ten.
The Second Hand - Benkei Narukami
Voiced by: Fumihiko Tachiki
The second hand of the Group of Ten. He's a large, muscular man who wears a white hood.
- Ambiguously Brown: He's dark-skinned, although his ethnicity is never specified.
- Big Damn Heroes: With Lauryn in chapter 10.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Enhanced Punch: His Order grants him the ability to pulverize a given target on the atomic level. He uses it to disintergrate two seperate nuclear missiles in chapter 10.
The Third Hand - Yoshitsune Hiiragi
Voiced by: Shinnosuke Tachibana
The third hand and Chief of Staff of the Group of Ten.
The Fourth Hand - Iyo
Voiced by: Azusa Tadokoro
The fourth hand of the Group of Ten. She develops feelings for Eiji partway through the series.
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Rin's Veronica. Iyo is shy, quiet and submissive, complete opposite of the aggressive and psychotic Rin. Unlike Rin who constantly poses a threat to Eiji, Iyo is completely dedicated to him and tries to do whatever she can to help him.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She's extremely annoyed about Eiji focusing his attention on Rin instead of her.
- Curtains Match the Window: Blue hair and blue eyes.
- Hair Decorations: A red ribbon that looks like rabbit ears.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: She had to remain chaste as part of her position as a miko, but the truth was that Iyo's life dream was to get married one day. After Eiji accidentally gives her a phantom pregnancy, Iyo takes it as a premonition sign that Eiji is her future husband.
- Losing Your Head: Iyo's head is stolen by the Limb Robber in chapter 34. Rin uses her ability to preserve the body while she and Eiji track down the Robber. Iyo's head gets reattached by the end of chapter 36.
- Miko: She's the daughter of a priest and was raised as a shrine maiden. However, she never could achieve spiritual energy because of her desire of getting married when shrine maidens need to be chaste.
- Miss Conception: One of the more bizarre examples of this trope. Iyo's father told her that any man who touches her will make her pregnant. Pretty far-fetched, right? Well, a short time later Eiji does just that, by accident, and Iyo immediately develops a huge baby bump and goes into labor. Though it turns out she wasn't actually pregnant; Iyo's power is Divination, meaning the whole mess was a prediction of things to come and not actually happening. However, it does bring up some interesting implications regarding her and Eiji.
- Missing Mom: Iyo's mother was very ill and died when Iyo was a little girl.
- Mystical Pregnancy: She becomes pregnant after Eiji accidentally touches her ribbon. Subverted in that it was just an illusion.
- The Rival: She sees Rin as her rival for Eiji's affection.
- Seers: Her "Star Seeker" Order gives her the power to make 100% accurate predictions.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: She readily shows off her naked body to Eiji.
- She Is All Grown Up: In the manga epilogue, Rin is surprised by how pretty Iyo became in three years.
- Supernatural Is Purple: She has violet eyes and her Order has the power to predict the future.
- Undying Loyalty: She promises Eiji that unlike Rin, she won't ever turn against him and will offer him all her support in saving Sena.
- Virgin Power: Iyo would lose her Miko powers if she were to get pregnant.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: She has qualities of this, as a Japanese girl of traditional upbringing who is reserved, demure and puts all her effort into supporting the man she loves.
- You Are Number 6: Originally known as "Subject #23" of the Hoshimiya Agency.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is light blue.
The Fifth Hand - Taikei Nehara
Voiced by: Hirokazu Hiramatsu
The fifth hand of the Group of Ten and head of the medical team.
The Sixth Hand - Lauryn Wright
Voiced by: Makoto Ishii
The sixth hand of the Group of Ten.
The Seventh Hand - Kokudo Soumoku
Voiced by: Norio Wakamoto
The seventh hand of the Group of Ten.
The Eighth Hand - Nene Minamoto
Voiced by: Aya Uchida
The eighth hand of the Group of Ten.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Her hair is blue in the manga. The anime changed it to black, though.
- People Puppets: Her Order has the power of possessing people through their dreams. As long as a person is sleeping, she can find them and control their body.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has blue hair in the manga.
The Ninth Hand - Mari Kunou
Voiced by: Saori Hayami
The ninth hand of the Group of Ten and head of the War Department.
The Tenth Hand - Ayahito Sundan
Voiced by: Yuu Hayashi
The tenth hand of the Group of Ten.
- You Are Number 6: He was called "Subject #1" of the Hoshimiya Agency.