open/close all folders
Derrick Levasseur (The Winner)
Derrick Levasseur (The Winner)
Born: Feb 03rd, 1984
Hometown: Providence, RI
Current Residence: Providence, RI
Occupation: Police Officer
Number Of HOH's Won: 4
Number Of POV's Won: None
Number Of Battle Of The Block's Won: None
Number Of Times Nominated: None
Number Of Eviction Votes (Against): None
Number Of Times As a Have-Not: 3
Prizes/Punishments Taken: $20,000 Team America Bonus note , $50,000 Team America Bonus note
Finished: 1st Place (WINNER, WON 7-2), WON $500K
- The Ace: Derrick won 4 HOH competitions and managed to avoid being dethroned in Battle of the Block competitions, and won the highest amount of money any contestant has walked away with in the US series, an impressive $570,000.
- Advancing Boss of Doom: Derrick had been targeting Nicole and Donny for weeks and he didn't stop until they were both evicted. The reason for Derrick doing so is because both Donny and Nicole were onto Derrick's game and his strategy. Despite being Derrick's fellow Team America member, Donny could also see that Derrick was the one who was the puppetmaster who was pulling all of the strings. Donny had secretly wanted Derrick out because he felt that Derrick was the biggest threat, not only to Donny's own game, but to the house. Derrick could feel that Donny was onto his game and did not trust him anymore, so Derrick plotted Donny's demise and was successful in having him evicted, despite the bond that they had as fellow Team America members. Nicole was also onto Derrick's game and strategy and even compared him to Big Brother great Dan Gheesling during a personal conversation. Derrick caught onto this, realizing that she was a threat to his game, so he decided to plot her demise and have her evicted, in which he was successful.
- Affably Evil: Derrick is polite but don't think he won't stab anyone in the back. He appears to be genuinely friendly to everyone's faces and he comes across as the Nice Guy and the family man, but he is also strongly strategic and he uses the other houseguests as chess pieces on a chess board. Derrick fooled a lot of people with the nice guy personality and the family man image that he constantly pushed in the game. On the other hand, Derrick was plotting people's demise with a smile on his face that nobody saw it coming.
- All According to Plan: The most strategic player of the entire season and it's not even close. Derrick always had a plan and always planned his moves ahead of time. Every thing that he had planned had gone his way for the most part. Some fans even say that Derrick got to the end of the game too easily therefore feeling that the season got too boring and predictable. It is safe to say that Derrick is the puppetmaster of the season and that everything that he had wanted happened to him. Some say that it was due to his excellent strategy, others say that it was luck and also the fact that he was playing with a group of houseguests that were incredibly trusting, gullible and naive.
- Ascended Fanboy: Derrick says that he is a huge fan of Big Brother. It is unknown if he has proclaimed himself as a superfan of the show and if he has been watching the show since the very beginning, but he seems to be an avid enough fan to have the "superfan" status attached to him, even if he doesn't acknowledge himself as such. In fact, Derrick is such a huge fan of the show that he even mentioned that he watched the live feeds during past seasons.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Derrick can figure people out and read people like no other. He is strongly strategic and he is very good at figuring out if people are lying or not. Derrick does this by observing their body language and their behaviour while he is discussing game with them. For example, during a conversation with Donny, Derrick was able to tell that Donny was not telling him the truth about being one of Donny's targets. Derrick realized that even though he was trying to extend an olive branch so that he could possibly get the votes so Donny would stay in the house, Donny would not give up any information. Derrick may have a strength in the strategic aspect of the game because he was an undercover cop for a number of years and is therefore good at detecting things undercover. Derrick's ability to analyze and break down the other houseguests and their game intentions is part of what makes Derrick so excellent and dangerous at the game.
- Badass Beard: Later in the game, Derrick has gone along time without shaving and as a result is rocking a mustache and a chin strap.
- Badass Boast: Sometimes Derrick bragged about how he is running the game. It was obvious that he was controlling things in the house from an early stage. At times, he would come off as cocky because of it. Some of his DR sessions showed him constantly talking about how he is controlling everything that is happening in the house and how he is playing everyone. He would sometimes brag about who he plans on targeting and how he is doing a very good job at hiding his true intentions. However, it was the opposite while he was in the house. He would put on a more humble persona and constantly downplayed his gameplay and strategizing.
- Badass in Charge: And how! Derrick was in charge of and running all of the alliances that he was a part of such as The Bomb Squad, Team America, The Hitmen and The Detonators. His alliance with the Bomb Squad originally had him as just a member of the alliance with Devin being The Leader and Caleb being the creator of the alliance. However, once Devin was gone, Derrick took over as the leader of the alliance until it eventually crumbled. Derrick was in an alliance with Donny and Frankie called Team America. It was Derrick that would often lead the missions and let his fellow Team America members know how to orchestrate and follow through with their missions. It was obvious that Derrick was the leader of Team America because Frankie and Donny would always turn to Derrick first to find out what they should be doing for their missions and they would always ask for his advice. He was also the leader of his two man allliance or duo with Cody called The Hitmen. Derrick, being the older between himself and Cody, would often call the shots. Derrick would also be the one to pull Cody back if he ever goes over the edge. Derrick was the brains and the strategist making all of the decisions while Cody did all of Derrick's dirty work by winning the competitions. Finally, Derrick was the leader of The Detonators alliance. He had all of the other members (Cody, Christine, Frankie, Zach and Caleb) working for him and doing everything that he asked them to do. Any game moves that the members of the alliance wanted to make, they made sure to check with Derrick before making them.
- Bad Boss: Sometimes Derrick was a little controlling and domineering when it came to his allies. He could also be very ruthless in that he has even plotted a lot of his allies demise (Christine, Zach, Frankie, Caleb).
- The Bad Guy Wins: Derrick wins the season with a 7-2 Jury vote receiving all of the Jury's votes except Donny and Jocasta.
- Battle of Wits: Often with Donny. In the game, Donny was onto Derrick's game and had wanted to target I'm for eviction. Derrick was also targeting Donny as Derrick knew that Donny was onto him. Luckily for Derrick, Derrick won by striking against Donny first.
- Bastard In Sheep's Clothing: Derrick comes off as nice, genuine and polite to other houseguests, but he is also plotting or orchestrating their demise.
- Berserk Button: If anyone is onto Derrick and his game, you better watch out. He will plot your demise and it will be brutal.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Derrick seems polite and "nice" but he is extremely ruthless and manipulative.
- Big Brother Instinct: He had this towards Cody, Zach, Caleb, Nicole, Christine and Victoria. Even though he was using them for his game, he still showed that he liked and cared about them on a personal level. He had particularly very close relationships with Cody and Caleb and he was extremely protective of both of them.
- The Big Guy/The Brute: One of the larger set male houseguests of the season.
- The Bore: Was a very good strategic player and ran the house from the start but at the same time, many of the fans complained that Derrick was very boring when it came to his personality and entertainment. Others noticed that he at least had a dry sense of humor, like when he named his final two alliance The Hitmen.
- Boring, but Practical: Although many people agree that Derrick is playing a solid and excellent game, they also complain that he is rather boring or that the season is boring because Derrick basically has everyone else worshiping him as he controls the game, not unlike Boston Rob in Survivor: Redemption Island.
- Brains and Brawn: Derrick is the Brains to Cody's Brawn. While Cody is the muscle who is more competitive, Derrick is the intelligent, strategic one who is the brains of the operation.
- The Charmer: Derrick has all of the houseguests charmed and he has an excellent social game. He is highly persuasive and can get others to do what he wants just by speaking.
- The Chessmaster: Derrick is one of the most, if not the most, strategic players in the game. He is the puppet master of the entire season and has masterminded or orchestrated nearly every single houseguests eviction since Week 2. He will also resort to using the other houseguests as his pawns and he uses the other houseguests as his puppets to do his dirty work for him. Derrick has also strongly manipulated all of the houseguests to trust him and have a blind loyalty to him no matter what.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Derrick has backstabbed many people in the house. The kicker is that Derrick has backstabbed so many people without any blood on his hands.
- Control Freak: Derrick runs the house and he always has to be in control of everyone and everything. Otherwise, he becomes very paranoid.
- Crazy-Prepared: Derrick always has a Plan A, a Plan B, a Plan C, and a Plan Z. He is never not strategizing or coming up with numerous plans and he is always one step ahead of everyone else.
- The Cynic: Derrick openly admits he's a pessimist by nature.
- Deadpan Snarker: Derrick can be very sarcastic and snarky.
- Derrick Does Everything: It's safe to say that Derrick has been controlling the game and running the house since Week 2.
- The Determinator: One of the most persistent players in the game. When Derrick wants something, HE NEVER GIVES UP.
- Easily Forgiven: Despite the fact that Derrick plays a huge hand in everyone's eviction, many houseguests still say that they would vote for him if he made it to the Final 2.
- Entitled Bastard: When Derrick is not in control of things, he starts to become very irritable and mean spirited.
- Evil Counterpart: Could be seen as this to Donny. Both were a part of the Team America alliance but Donny and Derrick has different styles of playing the game. Donny is the Big Good while Derrick is the Big Bad. Donny was more noble in his approach while Derrick was ruthless in his approach.
- Evil Only Has to Win Once: Once Derrick backdoored Devin he became the king of the castle and there was no stopping him.
- Evil Is Petty: Subverted Trope. Derrick was more of a strategic player and he never played personal. Every single move that he made during the game was based on strategy and was not personal or petty. He took advantage of this when he saw other players behaving loud and nasty by using that behavior against him and ducking under the radar with them in the foreground.
- The Face: Of The Detonators and Team America.
- Genius Bruiser: Has shown that he can compete when he has to but is also extremely intelligent and savvy.
- Gentleman Snarker: Can says snarky things but still come off as gentleman like.
- Gonk: Played for Laughs. Derrick's face is considerably disproportionate to the rest of his head, and Zingbot jokes that Derrick's wife married him without realizing he's ugly. Derrick himself agrees.
- Good All Along: Averted. Despite Derrick being ruthless, many of his game moves are purely strategic and nothing personal. Derrick cried when he came to the conclusion that he didn't have the votes to save Donny. However, much of this was still strategy.
- Good Is Not Nice: Derrick may come off "nice" and polite to others, but he is also extremely ruthless and he is willing to backstab others in order to benefit him and his game.
- Good Is Not Soft: Derrick means business and when he plays, he plays hard.
- Guile Hero: Derrick is very smart and strategic and depends on his intelligence to get himself farther in the game since he not a physical competitor in comparison to Frankie, Caleb and Cody. However, as the season progressed, Derrick became significantly more sinister, ruthless, manipulative and cunning and he now crosses over into Manipulative Bastard and Magnificent Bastard territory.
- Happily Married: Derrick is married to his wife Jana and has a 10 month old daughter, Tenley.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: It's sometimes hard to tell whether Derrick is on the "good" side or the "bad" side.
- Hero Killer: Derrick was indirectly responsible for the demises and evictions of Zach, Donny and Nicole, all of the fan favourites of the season.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Cody. Cody could be considered Derrick's closest ally in the game.
- Hyper-Awareness: It is scary how aware of everything Derrick is. He also seems to predict twists and what those twists would be about.
- I Control My Minions Through...: Derrick controls his allies through the use of authority, loyalty, and manipulation. Derrick also seems to have the ability of Mind Control and he has severely misted all of the houseguests to trust him and have blind obedience to him.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Derrick orchestrates others demise and manipulates others in the game because he believes that is what will get him farther in the game.
- It's All About Me: Derrick has said in one of his DR's that the only back that he has is his own and the only loyalty he has to anyone is himself.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Derrick may not be the strongest competitor in the game (however, he has won 3 HOH's), but he is very excellent socially and strategically and has positioned himself perfectly to make it to the Final 2 and win the game. Derrick also has excellent jury management and everyone who has gone to Jury has said they would vote for him if he makes it to the end.
- Judge, Jury, and Executioner: Derrick calls ALL of the shots in the game, even if he is not in power. Every single HOH this season has been Derrick's HOH.
- Karma Houdini: Physically threatened Zach, manipulated and hurt people to further his own game, and was a Smug Snake with No Empathy who cared mostly about himself. Yet he'll gloss over these quirks and is still accepted because the other guests saw him as a Worthy Opponent.
- Lantern Jaw of Justice: Derrick's most noticeable quality is his MIGHTY jaw, and he's a police officer by trade.
- The Leader: A combo of Type Mastermind, Type Levelhead, and Type Charismatic. Derrick is the leader of both Team America and The Detonators.
- Like Brother and Sister: How Derrick describes his relationship with Victoria.
- Living Emotional Crutch: For Victoria. Victoria has repeatedly said that she would not survive in the game without Derrick and that she would lose it if Derrick were to leave the game before her.
- Manipulative Bastard/Magnificent Bastard: Definitely showing shades of this as of late. Finally crossed over into Magnificent Bastard territory when he won the season.
- No-Damage Run: Derrick achieved the nigh-impossible and secured an unprecedented perfect run of the game, never going up for eviction even once in the game. Paul Abrahamian would later model a lot of his game after Derrick's run in BB 19, where Derrick himself actually made a surprise guest appearance. Paul, however, did not fare as well, even though he managed to replicate the flawless no times on the block (with the only shot taken at him nullified by an in-game advantage).
- Odd Friendship: With Victoria and Nicole.
- Only Sane Man: By far, the most logical, smart and strategic player in the game.
- Papa Wolf: Derrick has shown that he is very protective of Victoria. He even stood up to Zach when he felt that Zach was teasing her and bothering her and told Zach to leave her alone.
- The Paranoiac: Derrick can get extremely paranoid when he is not controlling everything and everyone.
- Pet the Dog: His moments with Victoria and Nicole can be very heartwarming at times.
- Phrase Catcher: "HOLLA!!"
- Playing Both Sides: And he's doing it rather well. Let's hope he doesn't get caught by playing too hard.
- Pragmatic Villain: Most of Derrick's manipulating, scheming and backstabbing is strictly strategic and Derrick does not play personal.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Despite Derrick getting a little paranoid at times, Derrick still treats his allies with respect.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Derrick is the Blue (calm, cool, logical) to Cody's Red (passionate, impulsive, hot headed).
- Ridiculously Average Guy: Derrick is an excellent game player but what else does he really have going for him?
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Derrick is the Savvy Gut to Victoria's Energetic Girl.
- The Smart Guy: By far, the most strategic player in the game.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Sometimes seen wearing glasses from time to time.
- Smug Snake: Has shown shades of being overconfident and arrogant at times.
- The Social Expert: In Week 3, he manages to turn the tides for Zach, turning a possible tie to a landslide against Paola by smoothing things around. Plus, Derrick has the most excellent social game of the entire season.
- During his run, his created a social base so well that no one considered even targeting him.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Derrick received a lot of screen time, mostly because he was a member of Team America and because he seemed to be the clear favourite of production to win the season.
- The Stoic: Derrick is very calm, cool and collected and doesn't show much emotion in the game.
- Stoic Spectacles: Sometimes seen wearing glasses from time to time. See Megane and Smart People Wear Glasses.
- The Strategist: By far, the best strategist in the game as of right now.
- Team Dad: Aside from Devin, Derrick is the only father this season.
- Those Two Guys: With Cody. Cody is Derrick's closest ally in the game.
- Those Two Bad Guys: With Frankie. Aside from Cody, Frankie was another close ally of Derrick as he is a fellow member of Team America.
- True Companions: With Cody, Frankie, Caleb, and Victoria. Also, with Kevin Schleuber from BB 19, who he actually knows in real life as a fellow Bostonian.
- True Final Boss: By far, the biggest threat in the entire game and has been since the beginning.
- The Unfettered: Game wise, Derrick has proven that he is extremely ruthless, manipulative and scheming and doesn't show too much remorse over backstabbing others and orchestrating others demise. Derrick will continuously will make moves that will benefit him in the game.
- Younger Than They Look: Derrick even said it himself.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: When Derrick feels that a houseguest is no longer benefiting his game, he will plot their demise or eviction. He has done it to Paola, Devin, Brittany, Amber, Hayden, Nicole, Donny, Zach, Christine, Jocasta, Frankie, and Caleb.
Cody Christopher Calafiore (The Runner-Up)
Cody Christopher Calafiore (The Runner-Up)
Born: Dec 13th, 1990
Hometown: Hackensack, NJ
Current Residence: Howell, NJ
Occupation: Sales Account Executive
Number Of HOH's Won: 3
Number Of POV's Won: 3
Number Of Battle Of The Block's Won: None
Number Of Times Nominated: 2
Number Of Eviction Votes (Against): None
Number Of Times As a Have-Not: 2
Prizes/Punishments Taken: Butt Kicking Penalty Punishment note
Finished: 2nd Place (RUNNER UP; LOST 7-2), WON $50K
- Achilles' Heel: LOYALTY. It ended up costing Cody $450,000!
- Action Survivor: Was this before he became an Action Guy. While he was not the best competitor in the game, he was still in a great spot in the game due to being in a very solid alliance and having a reasonably strong social game.
- Adorkable: Cody can be very lovable and endearing sometimes, especially before he did a FaceHeel Turn.
- Alas, Poor Villain: While Cody is more of an anti-villain since he was aligned with the "dark side" (meaning he was Derrick's loyal puppet and lap dog), one can't help but feel sorry for Cody when he realized that after he chose to take his number one ally in Derrick to the Final 2 out of sheer and undying loyalty towards him, he had absolutely zero shot of beating him. It was pretty clear to Cody that after he chose to stay loyal to Derrick and honour his Final 2 deal with him that Cody was already defeated. To top it all off, he finds out that Derrick, his closest ally since the beginning, had been lying to him the entire time about who he really was, which was a cop. Poor Cody.
- Anti-Hero: Type II and Type III. He can be very hateful but he is overall still a pretty decent person deep down.
- Anti-Villain: Type I. He's a noble guy deep down despite being a little hateful.
- Alliterative Name: Cody's first and last name begin with the letter C.
- Ambiguously Bi/Ambiguously Gay: Cody has some Ho Yay moments with Frankie and Zach. He also seems to have an odd obsession with Zach and constantly talks about him. Some fans also assume that Cody is jealous of Frankie and Zach's relationship because Cody wants Zach all to himself. Cody has also openly admitted that he has a crush on Zac Efron.
- Anything That Moves: Cody flirts with every single female houseguest, including a married woman (Christine). Ironically, though he nominated Brittany for eviction after feeling his character was assassinated after he was told that she had made a comment about her feeling unsafe as she was the only girl that didn't flirt with Cody.
- Arch-Enemy: Donny. Cody has hated Donny for a long period of time. He is also responsible for Donny's eviction.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Definitely showing shades of this as of late. Cody seems to think he's playing one of the best games when he hasn't really done anything in the game, but ride Derrick's coattails the entire game.
- Ascended Extra: Cody was barely seen on the show edits and he was basically invisible. He starts to receive more attention and screen time towards the end of the season, especially when his alliance with Derrick becomes more important.
- "Awesome McCool" Name: His last name is really cool to pronounce.
- Badass Adorable: He has his moments.
- Badass Boast: Cody is not above making threats. Unfortunately for him, he never carries through on calling people out whenever he says that he is going to.
- Bait the Dog: Seemed like he would be a Lovable Jock and a Nice Guy, but turns out he is actually not so nice.
- Bash Brothers: With Zach, Derrick, Caleb and Frankie.
- Beauty Is Bad: Cody is starting to delve into this territory later on in the series. He has become very arrogant, entitled and cocky.
- Believing Their Own Lies: Cody is highly self deluded and really believes everything that he is saying. His ego won't let him think otherwise.
- Berserk Button: Hates when people mess with him or cross him.
- The Berserker: Cody is a little bit on the hot headed and impulsive side and he is willing to throw himself into battle and make decisions on the spot.
- Betty and Veronica: The "love triangle" between himself, Amber and Caleb with Cody being the Betty to Caleb's Veronica for Amber's Archie.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Cody may be a nice guy, but he has a bit of a temper if you piss him off.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: He seems nice, but he is very catty and complains about everything.
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: It has been implied that Cody is well endowed but this could just be speculation.
- Big Bad Wannabe: Cody tries to act tough but in reality, Cody is all talk and no action.
- Big Eater: Cody seems to have a large appetite.
- Big Man on Campus: Cody is the most popular male amongst the ladies. He even has most of the guys loving him as well.
- Birds of a Feather: With Zach and Derrick. Cody and Zach are both frat boys and Cody and Derrick both come from similar backgrounds and are both from the East Coast.
- Bishōnen: A cross between this and Hunk. Cody is a model and is physical appealing. See Pretty Boy.
- Black Shirt: Cody doesn't support turning on Zach and Donny early on in the game considering that Zach was both his ally and his best friend and he liked and respected Donny. But as the game progressed, Cody consistently wanted to get rid of Zach (and Donny) and he hoped that any of his allies (Derrick, Caleb, Christine, etc) would take both of them out.
- Blind Obedience: Cody is undyingly loyal to Derrick and he does absolutely everything that he tells him to do.
- The Bluebeard: In a game sense. Cody flirts with every single female houseguest that he comes in contact with, charms himself to them, gets personally close with them to the point where they get attached to him and then ends up cutting them or backstabbing them by nominating them or voting them out. He did this to every single female houseguest with the exception of Joey including Paola, Brittany, Amber, Jocasta, Nicole, Christine and Victoria.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Cody is cocky, brash and arrogant.
- Boisterous Weakling: Cody likes to pretend that he is tough and he is always willing to make threats about calling people out, but he never lives up to what he says or does what he says he's going to do.
- The Bore: Many fans think Cody is a pretty face, but they also find his personality incredibly insipid, dull and boring.
- Brainless Beauty: Cody may be pretty but he sure comes off as dumb.
- Broken Pedestal: Cody thinks of Derrick as an older brother figure and even a "father" figure for him so much that he blindly trusts him and is undyingly loyal to him. What Cody doesn't realize is that Derrick uses Cody and manipulates him in order to get him to do all of Derrick's dirty work and bidding. There is some comfort in their relationship in that Derrick does seem to genuinely care about Cody on a personal level.
- Brutal Honesty: Cody says exactly what he feels and thinks, and most of the time, everything that comes out of his mouth seems to be something negative.
- The Brute: Of The Detonators alliance. He was the strongest physical player next to Caleb.
- Butt-Monkey: During his "Penalty Kick" punishment, quite literally at that. He had to go outside and use a contraption with an Asics sport shoe attached to the end and kick himself ten times in the butt. One time, he was woken up to do it, and then just when he thought they were through with him, the house made another call for him as soon as he crawled back in bed. One time, Cody even went outside thinking the call for him went off... only to kick himself in the butt ten times needlessly. Oh, that poor bum. Seriously- that poor bum! And then there's the whole dinosaur suit...
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Cody has shown that he is easily intoxicated and gets extremely drunk after consuming a few beers.
- Can't Take Criticism: Cody constantly complains about others but hates when others criticize him.
- The Casanova: Cody has all of the women throwing themselves at him and he is also the biggest flirt in the house.
- Catch Phrase: "Crush it."
- Celebrity Resemblance: Many fans think that Cody strongly resembles John Travolta.
- The Charmer: Cody is the biggest flirt in the house.
- Chick Magnet: All the women in the house have mentioned how attractive and hot Cody is.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Cody flirts with every single female houseguest, including a married woman (Christine). Cody gets criticized by the public for his flirtatious actions towards Christine.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Cody uses the F word a lot.
- The Comically Serious: Sometimes.
- Commander Contrarian: Cody finds fault or a problem with anything and everything.
- Condescending Compassion: Has shown shades of this towards Zach. He frequently says that Zach is not a good player and that he doesn't think logically and Cody seems to look down on him and see him as inferior to himself.
- Cool Shades: Wears sunglasses from time to time.
- The Corruptible: Cody is very easily manipulated, especially by Derrick. Cody is Derrick's puppet and does everything that Derrick asks him to do.
- Corrupt the Cutie: Cody was corrupted by Derrick and went from a likable houseguest to someone who is more arrogant and full of himself.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: One could assume that his Irrational Hatred towards Zach and his relationship with Frankie is that he is either jealous of Zach himself or he is jealous that Zach was closer to Frankie than he was to Cody.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Doesn't seem to be the smartest or the sharpest tool in the shed, but he is one of the bigger threats in the game and he was also aligned with the biggest threat in Derrick throughout the entire game, feeding Derrick endless info and doing all of the dirty work for their Hitmen alliance.
- The Cynic: Cody has a very negative and pessimistic attitude. He complains and whines about nearly everything.
- The Dark Side Will Make You Forget: Cody is so easily corrupted and manipulated by the dark side (Derrick and Christine) that he has changed so much in terms of personality and went from a decent and likable houseguest to a major jerk who is arrogant, hateful and cocky.
- Dating Catwoman: In regards to his relationship with Christine. Many of the houseguests (and the viewers) express their disapproval and disgust at Cody flirting with Christine who is married.
- Deadpan Snarker: Cody has his sarcastic, funny moments.
- The Determinator: Cody is very competitive and persistent and he never gives up when he wants something.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Cody voted to evict first Christine, then Frankie and was the sole vote to evict Caleb.
- Dirty Coward: Cody threw Zach under the bus without any shame behind his back. But when he confronted Zach, he tried to appear all friendly to his face.
- The Ditz: Cody may be cute on the outside but he's not the smartest guy.
- The Dragon: Cody is plays this role for Derrick. Cody is Derrick's closest and most reliable ally in the game. In Star Wars analogy, Cody could be seen as the Darth Vader to Derrick's Emperor Palpatine.
- Co-Dragons: With Frankie, Christine, Caleb and Victoria for Derrick. Although Frankie, Christine, Caleb and Victoria are all working for Derrick, Cody is Derrick's closest ally.
- Dragon with an Agenda: There have been a few instances in which Cody has disagreed with Derrick in the game. For example, Cody has been targeting Frankie for a while and has wanted to get rid of him for weeks. But for some reason, Derrick wants to keep Frankie in the game for his own personal benefit.
- Mouth of Sauron: Additionally with Cody being The Dragon and the Number Two for and to Derrick. Whenever Derrick isn't calling the shots, Cody is the one who will also make decisions since he is in a secret alliance with Derrick (The Hitmen). Cody also interacts with Derrick's other minions the most including Caleb, Christine, Frankie, and Victoria. Interestingly enough, Frankie is also this for Derrick in their Team America alliance.
- Noble Top Enforcer: Cody is significantly less manipulative and ruthless than Derrick, although Cody is significantly loyal to a fault.
- Number Two for Brains: Cody is dumb and doesn't seem to have any brains. It is Derrick, his master, that is very intelligent and is the brains behind the operation.
- Villainous Friendship: Cody is very close with Derrick in the game and it could be argued that Cody is actually Derrick's best friend and number one trusted ally.
- Drunk with Power: Cody seriously thinks he's one of the strongest players in the game.
- Dumb Jock: Cody shows shades of this in the fact that he has made some poor strategic decisions and sometimes believes or trusts the wrong people.
- Dumb Muscle: Cody is not the sharpest tool in the shed.
- The Eeyore: Cody complains and whines about everything.
- Elite Tweak: Cody always had the potential to be a good competitor but it required both time and strategy (due to Derrick's guidance)for him to really reach his potential and as of lately, he has stepped up his game.
- Entitled Bastard: Cody comes off as whiny and entitled.
- Establishing Character Moment: Punching or hitting himself in the face while he was half sleeping.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Aside from Cody loving his family, Cody genuinely loves Derrick, Christine, Zach, Nicole and Caleb as people.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Cody is significantly less ruthless and manipulative and more noble than Derrick.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Frankie has said that Cody is physically attractive. Past Big Brother LGBT houseguests such as Beau Beasley (Big Brother 6), Marcellas Reynolds (Big Brother 3 and 7) and Andy Herren (Big Brother 15) all find Cody physically appealing. Although, the majority of past Big Brother gay houseguests are crazy over Zach.
- Everyone Can See It: His relationship with Christine. Everyone has commented on the fact that Christine is in love with Cody. On Cody's side however, he doesn't feel the same way and insists that he doesn't have feelings for Christine and that she is just his friend.
- Evil All Along: It's not that Cody is really evil (although he is technically an Anti-Villain since he fights on the "dark side"), but he was assumed to have been a nice, decent likeable houseguest until he started showing his true colours later on as the season progressed. It doesn't help that Cody is very easily manipulated and easily corrupted, especially by Derrick. His association with Christine did nothing to help matters either.
- Evil Counterpart: Arguably to Hayden. Hayden is the Nice Guy who is a Lovable Jock while Cody is the Jerk with a Heart of Gold who is a Jerk Jock.
- Evil Duo: With Derrick.
- Evil Is Petty: Cody can be very petty, spiteful, hateful and catty. He has made many personal attacks and remarks about different houseguests such as Zach, Donny, Nicole, Hayden, Victoria, Caleb and Frankie.
- FaceHeel Turn: Cody went from being a likeable Lovable Jock to a huge Jerkass.
- Fallen Hero: Cody used to be a Nice Guy who was a Lovable Jock but he has done a FaceHeel Turn and has become a major Jerkass.
- False Friend: Ultimately to Zach. Cody used to be Zach's best friend early on until Cody turned on him.
- Foil: To Hayden. Both are strong competitors and both are very athletic. Cody is dark-haired and a model while Hayden is blond haired and a nerd. Both are seen as huge threats in the game by fellow houseguests.
- The Fool: Cody has gotten far in the game due to riding Derrick's coattails. Strategically, Cody is not that smart and is very dependent on Derrick.
- Genre Blind: When you win the final HOH, do you take the most dangerous player and the biggest threat in the game (Derrick) to the Final 2 with you, knowing that you are basically giving away half a million dollars, or do you take the most useless and weakest competitor and player of the entire season to the Final 2, so that you are guaranteeing that you win half a million dollars. Seems that Cody let the concept of loyalty to Derrick blind him to the very end as he evicted Victoria and decided to take Derrick to the Final 2. Which ultimately ended up costing him the money. Cody's move could possibly be as stupid as Marcellas Reynolds of Big Brother 3 not using the POV to remove himself from the block when he was nominated, which ultimately got him sent home.
- Good Is Not Nice: Before he did a mild FaceHeel Turn, he could be a nice guy at times but can also be very hateful and catty.
- Good Is Not Soft: Cody is not afraid to get competitive and he is also not afraid of making threats.
- Goofy Suit: Cody has to wear a Dinosaur Suit for an entire week as a punishment due to being the first eliminated from a POV competition.
- Graceful Loser: Took losing to Derrick rather well.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Cody admits he is jealous of Zach and his popularity.
- Grumpy Bear: Cody is very much a Debbie Downer and he complains about almost everything.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Cody gets easily angered and has a temper.
- Heel Realization: Cody realizes that his close association with Christine, one of the resident villains of the season, may hurt his image and cause him to be strongly disliked by the public. Interestingly enough, Cody's popularity took a huge dive due to him being so close to Christine.
- Heroic Build: Not as much as Caleb or Devin but Cody is still very muscular and athletically built.
- Hero Killer: Cody is directly responsible for the eviction of Donny since he nominated him although Derrick orchestrated and masterminded Donny's eviction.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Zach. This could now be subverted as Cody has said that he hates Zach as of recently.
- With Derrick. Derrick is Cody's number one ally in the game. In fact, Derrick was the only person whom Cody never turned on and was absolutely loyal to to a fault.
- He Who Fights Monsters: Cody said that he hates people such as Frankie who are hateful and who hurt others in the game, yet Cody has played just as personal and has been just as hateful as Frankie. Let's not forget that Cody had a very close relationship with the most hateful person in the house, Christine.
- Honor Before Reason: Could have his choice between Victoria, a guaranteed win on his part, or Derrick, a guaranteed loss on his part. Guess who he evicts? Yep...
- Horrible Judge of Character: Cody seems to always vote out the people who trust him or the people that he is aligned with. This includes Devin, Brittany, Amber, Zach and Nicole.
- Hot-Blooded: Cody is overly emotional, passionate, brash, impulsive, and hotheaded and he has shown that he has a bit of a temper when angered or frustrated.
- Hot Guy, Ugly Girl: In regards to his relationship with Christine. Cody is physically attractive and Christine is very homely looking.
- Hunk: One of the most attractive male houseguests this season. See Mr. Fanservice.
- Idiot Ball: Cody has many of these throughout the season. This includes the fact that Cody repeatedly turns on those who he was aligned with or those that would want to work with him the game, allies such as Amber, Brittany, Christine, Zach and Caleb, all so that he could be loyal to Derrick and be his lapdog. Let's not forget Cody flirting with Christine, who he knows is married, yet he does nothing to stop the flirtations on Christine's behalf. Instead, he either instigates them or placates Christine by flirting with her right back! And then when Christine is evicted from the house and Cody hears the negative reception that Christine received when she was loudly booed by the audience, Cody is then really shocked and can't understand why Christine got such a negative reception from the audience. He then realizes that he could possibly receive the exact same reception because he was the one flirting with a married woman. It is safe to say that Cody is not that smart of an individual and he doesn't seem to have that much grey matter.
- Idiot Hero: Cody comes across as one of the dumber and less intelligent houseguests of the season. He has proven time and time again that he is not smart in terms of strategy and he strongly depends on Derrick in the strategic department.
- Cody won the Final HOH of the season, which meant that he was able to choose or decide who he wanted to take to the Final 2 with him. His options were either the biggest threat and most dangerous player in the game yet his closest ally and friend (Derrick) or the most useless, terrible player in the game who is considered to be the ultimate floater who got dragged to the end but whom Cody doesn't personally like (Victoria). Who does Cody ultimately end up choosing to take to the Final 2 with him? That's right. DERRICK. Cody actually took Derrick, the most dangerous player in the entire game, to the Final 2, somewhat feeling confident that he could beat him, instead of actually taking Victoria, the ultimate goat, someone whom he 100% knows he could have beaten. When it came time for the jury to ask the two of them questions, Cody was both shocked and surprised to hear how the jury really viewed him, which was basically as Derrick's loyal lapdog or puppy. It was at that point that Cody realized that he made a half a million dollar mistake and realized that he had no shot at beating Derrick. Cody ended up losing to Derrick in a near unanimous 7-2 jury vote. Fans thinks Cody made such a stupid move that they are even comparing him to Woo from Survivor Cagayan. Cody, did anyone tell you that Big Brother isn't about loyalty when you get to the Final 3 and even more, the Final 2? You're in a game to win $500,000! What. an. idiot.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Nominating and evicting Donny and also, evicting Christine, despite having a close relationship with her in the house.
- I Let Gwen Stacy Die: Cody let all of the females that he was close to in the house get evicted, such as Paola, Brittany, Amber, Nicole and Christine.
- In-Series Nickname: "Calzone" and "Italian Stalion".
- In Vino Veritas: When Cody gets really drunk, Cody becomes completely out of character and ends up doing things he wouldn't normally do.
- Irrational Hatred: Towards Zach and Donny. For some reason, Cody dislikes Zach an constantly bashes him behind his back. This is unusual considering that Cody and Zach used to be best friends early in the game. Some believe that Cody does this (bashes Zach) because he is jealous of Zach. In regards to Donny, Cody constantly badmouths him and tries to label Donny as the biggest liar and schemer in the house (this is ironic, considering his number one ally, Derrick, is the biggest liar and schemer in the house).
- It's All About Me: Cody has proven that he is very whiny, selfish, and self absorbed. He will complain when things don't go his way.
- Jerkass: Delved into jerk territory, mainly because he got arrogant and smug.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Cody has repeatedly said that Frankie is the biggest overall threat in the game and he is right.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite his arrogant, cocky and jerk-like behaviour, Cody is still a good person.
- Joisey: Cody is originally from New Jersey.
- Kill the Ones You Love: Cody voted out all of his allies in the game, including Devin, Zach, Brittany, Amber, Nicole, and Christine.
- Knight In Shining Armour: For Christine. or at least that was how Christine saw Cody.
- Knight Templar: Cody is very ruthless and spiteful while making game moves but he believes that he is doing the right thing at the same time. He doesn't seem to show any remorse for talking trash about many of the houseguests and making personal attacks.
- The Lancer: For Derrick very early on in the game.
- Lazy Bum: Cody sleeps a lot and also lays around with Christine a lot. Cody rarely does any housework or cleaning, including washing dishes.
- Light Is Not Good: Cody wears primarily lighter colours.
- Living Emotional Crutch: Cody seemed to be this for Christine, despite Christine being married. Christine seemed to depend on Cody for emotional comfort and affection.
- The Load: Earlier in the game. Cody was seen as doing nothing but riding Derrick's coattails. This is later subverted as Cody starts to become more competitive and starts winning more competitions as of late.
- Jerk Jock: Cody is an athlete but he is also rather likeable, seemed like a Lovable Jock. However, this changedas Cody's true colours showed. Jerk.
- Manchild: Cody is very immature and childish in his ways. He probably whines and complains the most out of everyone in the house.
- Mistaken for Gay: Frankie and Caleb have often questioned Cody's sexuality.
- The Mole: Seems to be a personal one for Derrick as he tells everything that others tell Cody to Derrick.
- Morality Pet: Is one for Christine.
- Mr. Fanservice: And making his shirtless scenes so much more enjoyable.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Cody always follows Derrick's orders regardless of whether Cody agrees or disagrees with Derrick.
- Nice Guy: One of the nicer guys of the season. This is later subverted as Cody starts showing Jerkass behaviour.
- Nice Hat: Cody often wears a colourful blue cap.
- Number Two: To Derrick. See The Dragon.
- Odd Friendship/Odd Couple: With Christine. Considering that Cody is physically attractive and Christine is not (plus the fact that Christine is also very unlikeable), many people question how Cody could be remotely attracted to Christine whatsoever.
- Out of Focus: Cody is pretty much non existent on the show until later on, he becomes more important because of his alliance with Derrick.
- Pretty Boy: Have you seen Cody's modelling photos?
- Rated M for Manly: Subverted. He's more of a Pretty Boy.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Cody ha sheen seen wearing articles of pink clothing on occasion.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Cody is the Red to Derrick's Blue.
- The Resenter: Towards both Zach and Donny. For some reason, he has an Irrational Hatred towards both of them.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Cody is the Savvy Guy to Nicole's Energetic Girl.
- Ship Tease: With Amber, Nicole, Paola, Christine, and Brittany. He was flirtatious with all of them....and he ended up voting them all out.
- Smug Snake: Cody is becoming super smug and egotistical.
- Spoiled Brat: Cody throws a fit and whines when things don't go how he wants them to.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: He fits the bill 100%. cody has very dark hair, is above average height and is very physically attractive and appealing as a Mr. Fanservice (he is a model after all!).
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky: Cody already fits the Tall, Dark, and Handsome trope but with the added sarcasm and snarky attitude.
- Those Two Guys: With Zach. Also with Derrick.
- Too Dumb to Live:
- Why did Derrick choose to become aligned so close with Cody? Because Cody's too stupid to think Derrick could possibly be a threat. He's thought of pretty much no major moves by himself. To wit:
- Cody won an early Head of Household. He used it to target Brittany, who had no intention of getting him out. He never stopped to question whether or not she'd actually target him.
- Joined in on voting out a lot of people who would have taken him further in the game like Christine and Nicole.
- Not once stopped to think that Derrick had never faced the block until the final 50 minutes of the game, missing the obvious red flag of that and how he was just following Derrick's word.
- When confronted with the chance to bring Victoria, who would have gotten him a guaranteed win, to the finals, he chose to take Derrick. Guess who won?
- Took a Level in Badass: Cody has stepped up and has been winning more competitions as of late.
- Undying Loyalty: To Derrick. Derrick is Cody's #1 ally in the game.
- Unwanted Harem: Cody had all of the female houseguests fawning over him, such as Brittany, Amber, Paola, Christine and Nicole. Most of it was strategy on Cody's behalf.
- Verbal Tic: Cody says "dude" and "bro" a lot.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Mentions that he will be shirtless 90% of the summer.
- What Does He See in Her?: Many fans question why Cody would even look at Christine or give her the time of the day. Especially considering that Cody is a very physically attractive model and Christine is very physically homely and unbecoming. Some fans of course speculate that Cody only flirts with Christine for strategy or game purposes as Cody.