The leader of the five Saviours of Hikami. He aspires to fulfill the prophecy and defeat Giygas. His personality is shown as adventurous, determined and fun-loving. He deeply enjoys his quest, although he really doesn't know when to be serious.
- Big Eater: Ness enjoys his meals.
- Character Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Cute Shotaro Boy: Constantly trying to act mature, being outside the safety of the orphanage, although he lapses into childish behavior
sometimesa lot of the time.
- Five-Man Band: The Hero
- Idiot Hero: He just doesn't know when to be serious.
- Kid Hero: Like the other Saviours, he's 12-13.
- Light The Way
- Nice Hat: His baseball cap.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Positive about pretty much everything.
The only female Saviour, and Ness' personal love interest (both of them deny it though). She is normally docile, caring and optimistic. Paula is usually the one who keeps the team together.
- Character Alignment: Neutral Good
- Five-Man Band: The Lancer
- Playing with Fire
- Plucky Girl: When the situation calls for it.
- Team Mom: She keeps the group together, cooks their meals, and tends to their injuries. What else could she be?
- Tsundere: Type B.
Ness' other roommate, and his best friend. He is asthmatic, and will go to great lengths to avoid places with smoke. He is normally knowledgeable, sociable and laid-back. The only one in the group without any magic, but he has some non-offensive Psychic Powers.
- The Arthur Dent: Has the personality of one, but he does have some Psychic Powers, and he is a Saviour.
- Batter Up!: His baseball bat skills compensate for his lack of magic.
- Eyes of Gold
- Five-Man Band: The Smart Guy
- Genius Bruiser: Beware his baseball bat...
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: Tsuki's initial reaction to his name.
- Why Did It Have To Be Smoke: He has asthma, what more could you expect?
A kid who Ness and his roommates have been friends with since early childhood. He is normally timid, gentle and cautious, but can put up a good fight if provoked.
- An Ice Person
CuteADORABLE Shotaro Boy: Tries to act like an adult, but his shyness tends to get in the way. Which just makes him even more adorable.
- Five-Man Band: The Chick
- Friend to All Living Things: Guess which person the forest creatures were most friendly with in Chapter 2.
- Shrinking Violet: An uncommon male example.
- Simple Staff: He has a stick for a weapon.
Lucas' beloved older twin brother. He is usually cheerful, energetic and loving, but he has a serious side in the form of his alter ego, the Masked Man. Claus is shown to be very caring and affectionate towards Lucas (and the rest of his True Companions, on that note).
- Berserk Button: Feeling suicidal? Just attempt to kill Lucas in Claus' presence.
- Big Brother Instinct: See above entry for Berserk Button.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Five-Man Band: The Big Guy
- Idiot Hero: Almost as much as Ness! When masked, on the other hand...
- Mismatched Eyes: He has one red eye (his right) and one green eye (his left).
- Shock and Awe
- Winged Humanoid: When masked, he sports a pair of large bat wings.
A seraph wolf, who is king of Hikami. He is devoted to making Hikami a better place, as well as ensuring that his daughters, Grace and Lunesta, are happy.
- Meaningful Name: His name is Japanese for 'paradise', and that's exactly how he wants Hikami to be.
- Noble Wolf: A wolf who is also The Good King and a good parent.
- Papa Wolf: Literally; he is a father and his "public reforms" are about making his domain a better place for his daughters.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: The king of Hikami and making it a better place
GraceRakuen's older daughter, who is the heir to the throne. She founded, and is in charge of, the Order of the White Rose.
- Genki Girl: Full-throttle energy.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: A trait she inherited from her father.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Grace is the former and Lunesta is the latter.
Rakuen's younger daughter, who serves as Grace's sidekick.
A wolf living at the castle, and one of Rakuen's personal favourites. He is arranged to be married to Grace.
- Arranged Marriage: To Grace, in a rare happy example.
- Berserk Button: Hurt or threaten Grace in any way, and Zeruel will make you seriously regret it.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Goggles Do Nothing: He tends to wear goggles as a headband, for no other purpose than to look cool.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: With Grace.
An anubi, who can control the powers of aura. He acts as a mentor towards Ness and his friends.
- Badass Pacifist: He is normally opposed to violence, but in battle, he kicks royal ass.
- Berserk Button: Do not hurt those dear to him if you know what's good for you.
- Tranquil Fury: When fighting.
A pigeon who delivers letters for the Order of the White Rose.
- Amusing Injuries: In the prologue.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: His death was offscreen, and he was said to have been merely 'attacked by a demon wolf', so it counts.
- Instant Messenger Pigeon: This trope speaks for itself.
- Sacrificial Lamb
A maid living at the castle. She is a member of the Order of the White Rose.
- Heroic Albino
- Marshmallow Hell: Poor Lucas...
- Meido: Well, duh!
- Ninja Maid: If the situation calls for it.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Although she's far from evil.
A dragon living at the castle. He flew Ness, Paula and Ninten there.
- All Animals Are Dogs: He acts like a puppy.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: But of course.
- The Speechless: Kinda justified, since regular dragons are the only non-human creatures who can't talk. However, his roaring and growling is translated in brackets.
Another dragon living at the castle. She flew Lucas and Claus there.
A nine-tailed fox who is a member of the Order. As of yet, not much is known about her.
A dog-like creature (who seems a cross between a dog, a bear, and a tiger) who is a member of the Order. As of yet, not much is known about him.
A dark fox-like creature in the Order who is an arrogant Jerkass. She delights in picking on the Saviours. As of yet, not much is known about her.
A kitsubasa (winged fennec fox) who Ness and his friends meet in the woods. He lives at the castle, but was busy cleaning up the woods after the thunderstorm when Ness first arrived.