The only clan that is allied with the Conquerors of Vi. The Phoenix Clan values peace and pacifism, which made them an easy target for other clans before the Vi became their guardians. The values they consider most important are virtue and principle.
They're a clan of healers, skilled with medicine and herbs. They also have "mind powers" —telekinesis and telepathy.
Based on the myth of the Phoenix, legendary birds reborn in fire.
- Barrier Warrior: They aren't warriors, but they are able to create force fields with their minds.
- Blood Magic: It's the blood of the Phoenix that heals.
- Can't Kill You, Still Need You: Even if you want to, it's a bad idea to kill a member of the Phoenix Clan, especially by slitting their throat.
- Flower Motifs: They are all named after flowers, herbs, and spices.
- Healing Hands
- The Medic: In charge of taking care of the injured warriors.
- Mind over Matter: Their "mind powers".
- Technical Pacifist: They don't fight like the other clans, and they don't hunt game, but they do heal warriors and catch and kill things like silkworms and spiders.
- Telepathy: The Phoenix clan can project their thoughts to others when in distress.
Ambrosia is the main heroine of the game.
Sweet and caring, Ambrosia always seems to be smiling and trying in earnest to do everything she can, even with the busy life she leads as a healer in Phoenix —and it doesn't help that she can't seem to refuse a request from her dear cousins. She's a loving friend and a charming lady, but her nature can lead to her being misunderstood, especially by men. She's the desire of all kinds of men, although she's inexperienced in love.
She's innocent and hates violence and fighting of all kind, and even laments the fact that they have to kill spiders and silkworms. Her innocence is in stark contrast to the world she lives in. The choices she makes can help determine whether her kind soul can save her island, or if the island will rob her of that shining innocence.
- All-Loving Heroine: Loving and compassionate to a fault!
- Beauty Mark: Has one under her left eye.
- Bring My Red Jacket: Invoked. The reason she tends to only wear red is because she knows she has to bleed a lot.
- Character Tics: She has a habit of clapping her hands together.
- Dude Magnet
- Expy: Of Snow White. Appropriately, she has a total of 7 possible suitors.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Judging by the way Jasmine and Rosemary depend on Ambrosia to be in charge of the meals, Ambrosia seems to be the best cook out of her trio, at least.
- For Happiness: She tries, at least, but it's difficult in their fragile peace to truly keep everyone happy.
- Freudian Trio: The Ego to Rosemary's Id and Jasmine's Superego.
- Friend to All Living Things: She can have a habit of feeding the wildlife or just of making friends with them in general.
- Friend to Bugs: She even pities the poor spiders and silkworms they gather!
- Good Samaritan
- Hair Decorations: She wears flowers in her hair during Act I.
- The Ingenue: She can be.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Just look at her outfit!◊
- Nice Girl: She's easily one of the nicest characters, if not the nicest.
- Oblivious to Love: Possibly.
- The Pollyanna
- Proper Lady: As per the values of the Phoenix.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes
- So Beautiful, It's a Curse: She is desire, with dark hair and fair skin —which can be a problem in the kind of world she lives in, where tensions are high between clans, and not everyone is a kind suitor. It is possible to be blackmailed, kidnapped, or trapped in an unwilling marriage if things to wrong.
- Terrible Artist: According to her.
- Unreliable Narrator: Possibly. The story is told through her perspective, and she is the type that described Rosemary as "an absolutely lovely person and friend, who always bore goodwill towards everyone." She also has a tendency to rely heavily on metaphors.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: She really wishes everyone could just be friends now, but good luck getting others to go along with that.
Rosemary is talkative, open, and fiery, and can usually be found complaining about all the savages they have to work with or swooning about the cute boys they see around. After she bemoans and cries over her less desirable duties, she has a habit of pushing chores off on Ambrosia. Nonetheless, she is one of Ambrosia's closest friends.
- Big Eater: She tries to sneak some food during lunch. If you let her, she'll complain about there being less food at dinner. If you don't, she'll demand dessert to make up for it. And if Viktor catches game for Ambrosia, Rosemary eats it all before Ambrosia or Jasmine get a chance to try it.
- Drama Queen: Very dramatic about even everyday things.
- Fiery Redhead: She's definitely has the most fiery personality of the main cast, despite Ambrosia's claims. She's not a natural redhead, though.
- Freudian Trio: The Id to Jasmine's Superego and Ambrosia's Ego.
- Hair Decorations: Her ribbons.
- Love Freak: Dreams of finding a new beau.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She's abrasive and a whiny, but she really does seem to care about her friends.
- Lethal Chef: No matter what you choose to cook, she will burn the pot. Even if it was just a platter of fruits and nuts!
- Motor Mouth: Talks so much, Ambrosia seems to have a hard time getting a word in sometimes.
- Proud Beauty: She acts that way, at least.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red Oni to Jasmine's Blue Oni.
- Running Gag: Rosemary will get fed up, cry and complain, and then push her work off on Ambrosia so many times that Ambrosia points out to the listener that they can tell where this is going.We've been through this before. I think you know how this will end. She will rage and sorrow before finally saying...Rosemary: "Well, it doesn't matter! [...] Can you please, please, please take care of it, Lady Ambrosia?"
- Skewed Priorities: For a medic treating wounded warriors in a clan that's allied with the recent conquerors of the island, Rosemary gets very caught up over little things like whether or not the Imugi thinks her breath smells.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Jasmine.
- Weight Woe: The reason Rosemary dyes her hair is because she's insecure about her body, so she wants people to look up at her hair instead.
Jasmine is Ambrosia's third cousin.
She's down-to-earth and brutally honest about what she thinks. She's sarcastic and criticizes the others a lot, and she shows the most open distrust of the Hulder Clan —when she's not swooning over their intellect and charm. But she cares about the others and wants to make sure that they maintain their honor and pride as proper ladies of the Phoenix tribe.
- Brutal Honesty: Says exactly what she thinks, to the point of hurting Rosemary's feelings at times.
- Deadpan Snarker: She isn't quite as animated as Rosemary, but she always has something to say with that silver tongue of hers.
- Freudian Trio: The superego to Rosemary's Id and Ambrosia's Ego.
- No Sympathy: Or it seems that way most of the time.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue Oni to Rosemary's Red Oni.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Rosemary.