As Baywatching is essentially a riff on Baywatch, Alternative Character Interpretation abounds here, occasionally reaching levels of an Abridged Series. As such, this character page only refers to the joke versions of the characters in this show.
Mitch Von Malibu
- Abusive Parents: Played for Laughs; Mitch really, really doesn't care about Hobie, even when the latter frequently ends up in life-or-death situations.
- Attention Whore: Absolutely loves being the center of attention.
- Big Eater
- Catchphrase: "My save!"
- Everyone Has Standards: As much an egotistical ass he may be, even he's disturbed by Hobie's plan to poison Captain Thorpe and dispose of his body.
- Ho Yay: With Garner.
- Real Men Eat Meat: Is constantly eating a variety of meat products.
- Serial Romeo: Treats every woman he gets involved with as his one true love and Hobie's new mother. Even the one he's only known for half a day.
- Totally Radical: Lapses into this during his frequent attempts to deny his age.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Mitch Von Malibu is an avid lover of meat products, hamburgers in particular. Though he does enjoy a nice A&W Cream Soda (or whatever beverage Baywatch is sponsored by that season).
- Why Do You Keep Changing Jobs?: Once we get into BW Season 6 / BWN Season 1.
- Cloning Blues: Brandon Call played Hobie in the NBC-backed Season 1. Once the show went to syndication and Brandon Call took his role in Step By Step, he was replaced by Jeremy Jackson for the duration of the series and is referred to as "Hobie #2". However, Hobie 3 is on standby if Hobie gets too out of hand.
- Creepy Child: Lapses into this from time to time, like when he suggested poisoning Captain Thorpe, or whenever he crushes on an older woman.
- Put on a Bus: "He's at his mother's this week!"
Season 1 Supporting Cast
- Butt-Monkey: Is constantly getting attacked, beat up, nearly drowned, or otherwise hurting himself. Even in episodes set after he left the show, he isn't safe from popping back in and getting injured again. None of the other characters even like him, even his girlfriend Shaunie barely tolerates him at best. Most of this is brought on by Allison's distaste for the character being a possessive dick that the show tried to present as a "Sex symbol."
- Compressed Vice: Briefly had a gambling addiction.
Season 2 Supporting Cast
- Butt-Monkey: Even more so than Eddie.
Season 3 Supporting Cast
- Backstory of the Day: Apart from being slightly new-agey, CJ is "whatever the writers want her to be."
- Compressed Vice: Had a gambling addiction for one two-part episode.
- Love at First Sight: Declares that a marine biologist is the first man who she can imagine spending her life with, even thought they've only had one conversation and no dates.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Big Sister Bully: To her younger sister Caroline. Not that the latter is that much better.
- Defiant Captive: Whenever she's taken hostage, Stephanie will spend her time lecturing her kidnapper and insulting their performance, even to the point of threatening a poor Yelp review.
- Distaff Counterpart: To Mitch. Egotistical, self-righteous, and obsessed with getting saves.
- Does Not Like Men: Taken Up to Eleven in "Isle Of Romance."
- It's All About Me
- Straw Feminist: Claims to be the "resident feminist," but it's really just an excuse to be a self-righteous know-it-all.
- Yo Yo Plot Point: Inevitably alternates between being in love with either Mitch or her random love interest of the week.