Characters that appear in Barry Tales.
The protagonist of the show. Barry is a Bearhouse College student pursuing a degree in Business Management.
- Character Title: Barry Tales is about Barry.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Implied. After he loses his virginity to Pandora, he tries to go for seconds. When Pandora says that she has to go to class and leaves the room, Barry raises an arm, looks at it, and sings "Guess it's just me and yooooou..." before moving on to another scene.
- In episode 31, Barry does this after he (accidentally) received sexts from Autumn, using the pictures as the stimuli. Episode 32 reveals that he did this multiple times for that particular instance.
- Embarrassing Initials: Barry does not like being referred to as BP. While it doesn't appear to mean anything unfortunate in Real Life, Barry feels the need to give an example of something unfortunate BP could stand for in this universe every time someone calls him that.
- Missing Mom: As we find out in Episode 14, Barry's mother is in prison, however, we don't find out what led to her being put there, just that her appeal is still pending. She is released from prison in episode 30, and the reason she was imprisoned is revealed in episode 33.
- Nice Guy: As much as he tries to act like he's not, Barry is this. When Autumn was knocked out at the frat party in Specs' room, he was the one who called the police. He also called Pandora to see if Autumn was okay afterward.
- The Stool Pigeon: Barry has no problem with ratting out people he doesn't like.Police officer: "You damn snitch."Barry: "You damn right."
Barry's roommate and friend. Grizzly was raised in the hood, and is pursuing a degree to escape from "the trap."
- Crazy Jealous Guy: With Autumn. In addition to having quite the soft spot for her, to the point where he'll do anything for her in a heartbeat, he also does not take kindly to the idea of someone stealing Autumn from him. Specs, Autumn's previous boyfriend, was able to get into Grizzly's head by implying that Autumn is not as devoted to the relationship as he believes.
- Really Gets Around: Grizzly claims that he does, but he likely doesn't get as much as he would like Barry to think. The only two bears we know he slept with since enrolling in college were one of his professors and Autumn.
- Revenge: Goes after the cop that wrongfully killed his cousin, Bearen. After realizing that killing the cop would likely get him back into the trap, he decides at the last minute to give the cop a harsh Pistol-Whipping instead.Loud: "So you're not gonna shoot him?"Grizzly: "Nah, I ain't gon' shoot him. But I am gonna pistol whip the shit out of him!"
- School Saved My Life: He is attending Bearhouse College in order to better himself and get out of the "trap".
- Single Tear: When he finds out his cousin was shot by the police.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Barry. Beneath all the insulting and snarking, they are true friends. Grizzly even beat an inmate to within an inch of his life, risking his chance of getting out of jail when he didn't have much time left, when he found out that the aforementioned inmate was in jail for trying to kill Barry.
A biracial bear who puts education first and is pursuing a degree in Finance. She later becomes Barry's girlfriend. They eventually break up when Pandora decides to leave Bearhouse and transfer to Bearvard.
- Action Girl: Pandora, with a great amount of physical strength and being well-versed in martial arts, is not afraid to put the hurt on anyone that ticks her off. Once she's decided to hurt you, there's nothing you can do to stop her.
- All Asians Know Martial Arts: Pandora definitely does. It helps that her father is Po, the Dragon Warrior.
- Amicable Exes: Apparently, she and Barry still communicate. However, things may be a little less than amicable on Barry's end...
- Asian and Nerdy: Pandora is definitely smart.
- Berserk Button: If you value your consciousness, do NOT call Pandora a bitch! Specs was the first one to find out the hard way.
- Also, don't help yourself to her belongings! Yogi Bear found this out when he tried to steal her food, and Autumn nearly got hurt when she used Pandora's bed to have sex with Specs. The aforementioned instance with Specs happened moments afterwards.
- The Dreaded: To Specs. Getting knocked senseless after getting in her face will do that to you.
- Mixed Ancestry: Though never mentioned in the series itself, Lionel Richardson confirmed that Pandora is actually biracial; it's obvious that she's part panda, but at least one other part of her is brown bear. This would explain why no one bats an eye whenever she uses the word "migga." She also happens to have no trace of Asian in her accent.
- One-Hit KO: If she hits you, you will go to sleep. She punched Yogi Bear twice before he went down, but it's safe to say he would've been out in one.
- Pregnancy Scare: In Episode 11.
- Put on a Bus: She decides to leave Bearhouse and transfer to Bearvard, breaking up with Barry in the process.
Pandora's best friend, who has a reputation for being a slut. She is pursuing a degree in Fashion Modeling.
- Experimented in College: Though this probably happened before college.Autumn: I tried it once, but after all the kissing, licking, and grinding, you're sitting there like..."Where's the beef?"
- Family Theme Naming: She and her sisters are named after seasons.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: Parodied. When Autumn forces herself awake after having a dream about her having sex with Barry, in spite of her dating Grizzly, the angel and devil show up to help her think. Things go south quickly when Autumn realizes that the angel, who arrived late to the conversation, has Barry's semen on her face, evidently there from what would have been the end of the dream.
- Hidden Depths: When we were introduced to her, she came off as a shameless whore. We later find out that she was trying to sleep around with other people in college mostly because she got into Specs' phone and found out that he was still sleeping around, in spite of the fact that he was dating her. Then, when it was established that whoring is In the Blood, she reveals that she ultimately doesn't want to be one, and wants to find "the one". She was still foolish thinking that Specs was possibly "the one", though.
- She also has a beautiful singing voice, and she eventually starts thinking about making it a career. She stopped singing in public because her parents died in a car accident while on their way to her singing recital when she was young.
- In the Blood: She comes from a long family of whores, so that explains some of her mannerisms. Apparently, the idea of her wanting to be anything other than someone who gets around didn't cross her mind until at least the end of her high school education.
- Parental Abandonment: Her parents died in a car accident en route to her single recital.
- Raised by Grandparents: After her parents' death.
- Really Gets Around: Apparently, it's In the Blood, dating all the way back to her great-great-great-great grandmother. She eventually decides to go against tradition and be faithful to one guy. However, not long after she started dating Grizzly, she developed an inner desire to sleep with Barry, Pandora's boyfriend.
A stoner who befriends Barry. He is one of the few (if not the only) polar bears within Bearhouse College. Unsurprisingly, he is pursuing a degree in Agriculture.
- N-Word Privileges: Subverted. While smoking with Barry and Grizzly one day, he uses the word "migga," believing he had the privilege. Barry and Grizzly immediately sober up when he does.
- In a panic, he saves himself from trouble by claiming he said the real-life variant, managing to lie and say that it's a new word that's not catching on quickly.
- The Stoner: He likely got it from his mother; his dad, however, does not approve. He even co-owns a marijuana store called the Dope Spot with Loud.
- Token White: He is the only polar bear amongst Barry's friends, and possibly the Bearhouse student body as a whole.
A senior member of the Beta Eta Alpha Rho fraternity, who has a reputation for being a womanizer. He is studying to become a doctor. He is also Autumn's boyfriend. This didn't last, because he couldn't keep his womanizing under control.
- Butt-Monkey: For such a casanova (or rather because of it), he gets into quite a lot of unfortunate situations. He loses both Bearnisha and Autumn, gets beaten up by Pandora, gets his soul literally punched out of his chest, and contracts Bear-AIDS and spends a week over-emotional as a result of taking the cure for it. And for his stalking of Autumn after the breakup he is nearly expelled and has to graduate a year later than expected. And for deliberately ticking off Grizzly, he gets punched in the face, but that starts a fight that ends with Grizzly going to jail. He is also left out of the main events of the Season 3 finale, only appearing in The Stinger to complain about it.
- The Casanova: Very much so. Unsurprisingly, it usually gets him into trouble.
- Cursed with Awesome: His eyes. As much as they can get women to fall head-over-heels for him in a heartbeat, he initially chose to wear shades specifically because he did not want men to think he was gay.
- Has Two Mommies: Specs actually has two dads, and he's a bit distant from them because of their sexual orientation.
- I Call Him "Mr. Happy": He calls him "King Specs."
- Informed Attractiveness: Apparently, his eyes are considered exceptionally beautiful, even though they don't look any different than the other characters' eyes.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: Even when it looks like he has redeeming qualities, it turns out he has almost none.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: That being said, he did think it was unnecessary for Grizzly to go to jail because of a fight he had with him.
- Reality Ensues: Turns out, if you regularly sleep around with multiple people without protection, you put yourself at great risk to get a sexually-transmitted disease, as Specs finds out when he contracts Bear-AIDS. Luckily for him, in this universe there's a cure for it.
- Really Gets Around: Comes with the territory of being The Casanova.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: After seeing Specs' eyes just before going to summer vacation, Claude actually asks Specs to put his shades back on because he was initially going to give him a hug, but opted out of it because he felt gay for a moment.
- What Beautiful Eyes!: Though it's hard to tell, given the art style, this is the main reason he wore shades, as he didn't want anyone to think he was gay because of them. He first showed them to Autumn in the Season 1 finale, when she was upset about him cheating on her with Bearnisha. This resulted in her taking him back...until he cheated on her once again with Bearnisha. And that happened in part because Specs decided to ditch the shades entirely afterwards, which resulted in Bearnisha seeing his eyes and unable to stop frequently getting wet until he slept with her again.
Specs' frat brother, who is pursuing a degree in Law. He is known for his quick temper and powerful punches.
- The Dreaded: His size and usual demeanor is a big tip-off to everyone that they shouldn't mess with him. And if you've already ticked him off, you'll learn not to do this again after you wake up.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: He evens admits to having anger issues. If he's particularly angry, he'll even let out a roar.
- Informed Species: He's bear, but his overall appearance, especially his hair, makes him look like a lion.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He might not be the nicest person around, but he has relatively softer moments. For instance, when his "bitch-migga" sense goes off on a school rival that was preparing to beat up Paul, he shows up to make the rival think twice about it.
- Mighty Roar: Usually does one when he's very ticked off.
- My Significance Sense Is Tingling / Spider-Sense: Claude has a "bitch-migga" sense that allows him to sense when those that fit the category are around. So far, this has been shown to go off around those that rubbed him the wrong way (like Barry in episodes 2, 5, and 6) Explanation , whenever a school rival shows up causing trouble in Bearhouse (like Brother Bear in episode 8) Explanation , and those that have went behind his back (like Specs in episode 16) Explanation . It is not perfect, as it can still go off because of a loophole. It later went off on Brother Bear again while he was arguing with Grizzly, in spite of the fact that he was checking into Bearhouse at the time. And in the aforementioned situation where Specs caused it to go off, it was actually the other way around...at least at the time.
- One-Hit KO: His punches are powerful enough to knock out anyone in one hit. He can actually throw a One-Hit Kill, as Specs finds out when he is caught in an affair with Bearnisha. Claude specifically knocks the soul out of him, and that is not an exaggeration. Specs gets better.
A promiscuous bear who becomes something of Autumn's rival after she is caught sleeping with Specs. She ultimately winds up with Claude, Specs' frat brother.
- Ambiguously Jewish: A voicemail from Specs mentions that she used to scream his name in Hebrew during sex.
- Everyone Has Standards: While she was willing to sleep with Specs in spite of the fact that he was seeing Autumn at the time, she quickly realizes that he's too "grimy" (i.e. he's sleeping around with way too many people at once) and leaves him for Claude.
- Gamer Chick: Her actress's affinity for games was incorporated into her character, to the point where footage from said actress's gaming channel was used in an episode.
- Meganekko: So far, she's only main female character in the cast who wears glasses.
- Nerd Glasses: Wears thick-rimmed rectangular glasses.
- Really Gets Around: Though less so than Autumn. Although, save for a period when she wanted to sleep with Specs one more time, she appears to be more-or-less faithful to Claude.
Grizzly's cousin, who enrolls in Bearhouse a year after Grizzly does. He's a big gamer and an even bigger stoner.
- Hidden Depths: He is much more intelligent than you would think. Barry was surprised when he found out Loud was building a mech suit for an engineering class. Loud actually considered the project "light."
- Revenge: For the same reason as Grizzly. He goes with Grizzly to handle the situation, but Grizzly was the one in charge. While he was annoyed that Grizzly opted out of killing the cop at the last instant, making do with a serious pistol-whipping, he didn't leave empty-handed. He slept with the cop's daughter.
- The Stoner: He and Paul hit it off because of this shared trait. Loud is probably an even bigger stoner than Paul, as unlike Paul he is able to fly when sufficiently high. He even winds up co-owning a marijuana shop with Paul called the Dope Spot.
A college student who deals drugs on top of going to Bearhouse.
- Butt-Monkey: Tends to have a lot of bad things happen to him. He is constantly rejected by Autumn and Pandora, gets literally thrown out of the Beta Eta Alpha Rho frat house after breaking in and asking if they were hiring note , gets robbed by Paddington Bear sometime after robbing him before, gets kicked out of his uncle's house during the freshman summer (in the same way as he was with the frat house earlier) after wrecking the house by throwing a party (which he promised not to do), winds up owing money to Baloo after Winnie-the-Pooh steals his drugs, finds out that Baloo ordered a hit on him as a result while he was actively paying off his debt, and is abandoned by his would-be watcher Loud the moment Loud realizes that he gets nothing out of helping him.
- Casanova Wannabe: Tends to hit on girls, only for something to go wrong for him every time. He is outright rejected every time he tries hitting on Autumn and Pandora.
- Catchphrase: Whenever he's not happy, expect to hear him say "This that bullshit, moe!"
- Spell My Name with an "S": Was initially referred to as "Beargamo."
Barry's dad, who wants Barry to graduate from college so that he can get a job as soon as possible.
The uptight dean of Bearhouse College. He is not very fond of Barry or Grizzly, seeing them as destined to fail.
- Deadpan Snarker: The best example in the series.Dean Bearhug: (when told by Barry that he and his roommate were not smoking weed) "Then why are your eyes 'gangbanging'? I believe 'suwoop' is the term."
- Dean Bitterman: Big time. However, it's not that he hasn't any reason to be.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He tries to be, but the job isn't easy. In one episode, he gives Barry and Grizzly a chance to bring their grades up before he kicks them out.
- The Rival: Apparently, with Baloo. And it's over Bearhug's wife.
Barry's resident assistant. He is a Care Bear that often acts unprofessional while on the job.
- Berserk Button: Hates being referred to by any name other than Sunshine. He usually gets close to going off on someone that does it, especially if he's previously warned them against doing it. He actually slaps Grizzly hard at one point, twice, after an instance of this.Sunshine (to Grizzly): "It's motherfucking SUNSHINE Bear, you got that?!"
- Camp Gay: By far.
- Expy: Of Funshine Bear. Both of them are Care Bears note with yellow fur and an image of a sun on their stomach.
- Lampshaded Double Entendre: Has a tendency to make gay jokes and bring attention to them.
- The Stool Pigeon: She blogs about the juiciest, often dirtiest secrets within Bearhouse College that she catches wind of.
- Ambiguously Absent Parent: Initially, her appearance was set up as this, as we only saw Pops. She wasn't seen or mentioned until episode 14.
- Don't Tell Mama: Inverted, as she didn't want Barry to visit her in jail.
- Missing Mom: She's been in jail for the longest. She finishes her sentence in episode 30.
- Noodle Incident: How she ended up in jail. Episode 33 reveals that it was Barry's fault. She was pulled over for a broken tail light, but the cops found the drugs Barry was selling.
- Older Than She Looks: In comparison to Pops. Looking at her, you wouldn't guess that she has a son in college, let alone that she's been in prison.
- Situational Sexuality: Pops implies this is happening during her stint in jail.
- The Dreaded: According to what Barry said in Episode 10, he ripped someone's tongue through their anus for ratting him out to the feds. Of course Barry would know what Baloo is capable of, as he used to sell drugs for Baloo.
- The Rival: Apparently, to Dean Bearhug. And it's over Dean Bearhug's wife.
- Shout-Out: He's what you get when you make the Baloo from The Jungle Book into a dreaded gangster with the TaleSpin version's clothes and anthropomorphism.