The cast of the second Banal Fantasy and the tropes related to them.
Siquall Coeur De LionA dark and brooding Ride candidate with a ridiculous name.
- Catchphrase: "Hm-hm."
- Covert Pervert: After Sel finds a porn mag in their train car:Sel: Hey, that tempts Siquall too!Siquall: Nonsense.Sel: You know, with your black leather pants, your boner is very visible.
- The Comically Serious: A lot of the jokes involving him comes from the pole up his ass until Character Development kicks in.
- Cool Scars: His is cool, but not it's origin. Instead of getting it in a duel with Cyphon, he got it by falling on a table after getting drunk.
- Delayed Reaction: It takes him two real life minutes to realize that Lagune is his father. After Lagune stated numerous features Siquall and his late wife have in common.
- Hates Everyone Equally: Clearly stated in episode 1 after Sel tries to convice him than Cyphon shouldn't be their leader because they both hate him:Siquall: The whole world inspires me a profound antipathy, why [Cyphon] more than anyone else?
- The Rival: To Cyphon. He could care less about it, though.
- Triang Relations: Type 4 between Alinéa and Kisnif. He chooses Alinea because Kisnif is too much of a psycho for him.
- Unfortunate Name: While "Lionheart" sounds pretty boss in English, "Coeur De Lion" in French sounds over the top and (in France) is mostly known as a brand of camembert.
Kisnif TrampeA Balance Garden teacher with an unhealthy crush on Siquall.
- Hot for Student: A borderline Yandere when it comes to Siquall.
- Hypocrite: She sees no problem about being real friendly with one of her students, but pulls rank when Siquall treats her as an equal. This stops after Siquall becomes a Ride.
- Shouting Shooter: Lets out a Rambo-ish roar when she saves Siquall from the Goliath using a heavy machinegun.
Sel InchA overexicted Balance Garden student.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: The first thing he does after finding a porn mag is to wonder where's the nearest bathroom.
- Berserk Button: Mocking his haircut.
- Disguised in Drag: The "deceit tactic" of Cyphon during the Ride exam is this. He pulls it off well enough to seduce a Blédina soldier.
- Lovable Coward
- Signed Up for the Dental: He wants to be a Ride just to have his travel expenses paid by his employers.
Celrie LimiteA new Balance Garden student with a rather quirky personnality.
- Catchphrase: "J'ai tombé." note
- Cloudcuckoolander: Only Celrie could dream about wearing a giant canary costume and rubbing the genital area of the costume on the head of a rabid dog before dreaming abouy Wargl.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She growled at Alinéa for talking to Sel on the phone for less than 10 seconds.
- Felony Misdemeanor: She missed her first lesson of school? Her school years are forever ruined!
Alinéa Tartilly & PuputeThe leader of the Drunk Pigeons resistance group and her crazy dog.
- Really Gets Around: Pupute "sleeps with every dog around and tries to suck anything that fits in her mouth" after Aliena accidentally put her in a laundry dryer.Alinéa: Anyone would've thought she was a fur in the laundry basket !
Lagune RhôneA Blédina SOLDIER with a pathetic sense of orientation and a very weird gimmick.
- Character Tics: He scratches his left testicle whenever he is stressed; the more stressed he is, the faster he scratches.
- No Sense of Direction: According to Kir, Lagune's way of reading a map consists of holding the map upside-down and walk towards whatever looks like his destination.
KirOne of Lagune's teammates.
- Catchphrase: "I'm gonna eat you alive!", usually said to Lagune after another failure.
- Darkest Africa: Black? Check. Threatens to eat Lagune every time he screws up and claims that his tribe has a special recipe for cooking white people? Check. Calls Lagune "little white man" a few times"? Check.
- Unexplained Accent: He speaks with a thick stereotypical African accent for no reason.
WarglLagune's other teammate.
- Dumb Muscle: He is not the sharpest tool in the shed.
IdeaA overreacting sorceress with a mysterious link to the protagonists.
- Catchphrase: "I'M A HORRIBLE GOVERNESS! SHAME ON ME, SHAME ON ME!! I'M GOING TO COMMIT SEPPUKU!!!"
- Felony Misdemeanor: Almost everything she does including Siquall and his crew makes her react like she commited an atrocity, leading to her Catchphrase.
Private Big and Commander WeshTwo Blédina Soldiers who frequently bump into Siquall and his crew.
- Large Ham: Wesh goes overboard whenever he is scared or angry, which happens 90% of the time.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Big is blue, Wesh is red.
- Those Two Guys
ChaudeA Balance Garden teacher and friend of Kisnif.
- Punny Name: Chaude means "hot" when applied to a female, but also means "in heat" in slang.
- Really Gets Around: She speaks in a sultry voice most of the time and her dialog implies she wouldn't mind getting it on with some of the Balance students.
- Suddenly SHOUTING!: She recites the whole Ride exam briefing in her sultry voice, then screams at a technician when she wants to show a map. Because she didn't notice he was right behind her.
Cyphon RamasySiquall's rival.
- The Alcoholic: He considers that vodka does not count as alcohol and mixes his morning hot chocolate with Martini. When Siquall asks him why he puts alcohol into eveything he eats, he states that it tastes bland without it.
- Catchphrase: "Je l'/les aurai un jour, je l'/les aurai!" note
- Cool Scars: Like Siquall, cool looking but not cool in origin. In his case, he was so distracted laughing at Siquall being drunk that he ran into a roadsign.
- Skewed Priorities: He abandons his team during the Ride exam and leaves them to fight... To roll a joint.
Régine and FuljeanThe two best (and only friends) of Cyphon.
JulietteA popular Blédina singer.
- Lounge Singer: Just like her inspiration in the game. Lagune is smitten with her and calles her "the epitome of feminity" despite the fact that her first song is a Davenote one and the second is named Dicks On Me.