This is the character page for the characters appearing in Baldr Force.
Click here for the main page.
All spoilers will be unmarked.
Steppenwolf GroupThe Steppenwolf Group was a hacking group known for their numerous data stealing of several industry groups, selling them for a huge prices. First a small group of Gray Hats, it began to target more and more influencial groups to build their name.
The protagonist Tohru Souma was among them, first for a living, and later for the sheer thrill of breaking the law. However, at the beginning of the game, the small group was about to disband for a last, big hacking into the servers of the military company FLAK. They instead get lured in a battle between the military and the terrorist faction Fei Dao, and Tohru's best friend Yuuya Nonomura was killed by an unknown Simulacrum from FLAK, while fellow hacker Akira Nikaidou got caught.
Following this disastrous operation, all of the members of Steppenwolf got arrested and joined other factions as a result. This entry includes the original members of Steppenwolf before their disbanding.
The main protagonist of the story. After the disbanding of Steppenwolf, his fate can change on the player's choice:
- He joins FLAK in order to find Yuuya's killer from the inside, and spends his days accustoming as a soldier.
- His searching is interrupted by Bachelor and he gets involved in the investigation of an incident who happened eight years ago, prompting him to meet Bachelor in person.
- He takes an interest in Ren Mizusaka and began to investigate her mysterious past and status as a ghost.
- He accepts Tsukina's offer of joining VSS in order to get a normal life. At first.
- He joins the terrorists by deserting FLAK after several circumstances convinces him to do so.
- He joins FLAK in order to find Yuuya's killer from the inside, and spends his days accustoming as a soldier.
Before being adopted by the family of Tsukina, he was one of the five orphaned children subjected to brain enhancing experiments. In his case, the experiment was to allow the subject to recover from any mental modification (like brainwashing or forced amnesia), and it ended up successful. His real name was Shinichi Mizusaka, the step-brother of Ren Mizusaka.
- Ambiguous Disorder: When he was younger, he showed some signs of autism, refusing to talk to everyone until he got adopted, thanks to Tsukina's influence.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: In the span of one chapter, he gets brainwashed by Reika and became a puppet until Qu Wong talks him out of it. It ultimately ends this way for him in the Valhalla End where he surrenders to Reika for Tsukina's sake.
- Chekhov's Gun: The last belonging of Yuuya is a mini-knife that can transformed into a knife in the cyberspace. Tohru kept it as a memento and it is used at the end by Tohru or Ayane in her route to kill Genha once more.
- Dark and Troubled Past: In Liang and Bachelor's Routes, he's seeing memories from the past, and it shows him living in a small house in a distant forest, living with Qu Wong, Liang, Genha and Bachelor. The same children who will later became part of the brainchip experiments, but it is unclear whether Tohru was part of it or not.
- Eating the Eye Candy: In Ayane and Bachelor's Routes, one CG shows their behind seen by Tohru.
- Experienced Protagonist: As a former member of Steppenwolf, Tohru is already a skillful hacker and pilot.
- Explosive Stupidity: One of the Game Over involves Tohru blowing himself up by walking on a minefield by refusing to listen to Minori's advice.
- Famed in Story: Downplayed, his name is well-known amongst hackers.
- Fate Worse than Death: Some of the bad endings involves him being brainwashed by Reika forever, or being given a corrective chip and unable to be reunited his loved one.
- Flirty Stepsiblings: His step-sister Tsukina is a potential Love Interest to him.
- Happily Adopted: Upon being adopted by Tsukina's father.
- He Who Fights Monsters: The Last Dance End of Minori's Route shows Tohru joining Fei Dao, for the sake of his revenge. The final scene ends with a final battle against Yuuya's killer, backed by Minori.
- Shown once again after he kills Ayane, the one responsible, and spends the rest of his life as a mercenary only to be killed by a relative of one of his targets. However, it's subverted because Ayane didn't kill Yuuya on purpose.
- Heroic Willpower: He manages to break free of Reika's brainwashing near the end of Tsukina's Route, with some help from Qu Wong. Done once again in the True End, when he refuses to submit to Reika. It's revealed in Ren's route that he was also part of the brainchip experiments, and was given an enhanced will.
- It Began with a Twist of Fate: The decision to hack into the servers of FLAK started the entire plot of Baldr Force.
- Living Emotional Crutch: He's one to his step-sister after the death of their father.
- Never My Fault: In Minori's Route. When Qu Wong points out that the death of Yuuya was partly his fault (since hacking into a military base is incredibly dangerous), he refuses to admit it at first.
- Nice Guy: As expected of your everyday Visual Novel protagonist.
- Oblivious to Love: With either Minori or Ayane, to the exasperation of Yosuke and Kaira.
- Parental Abandonment: He was dumped into an orphanage at a very young age following the experiment, until Tsukina's father took him in. It got worse when he died, making Tohru and Tsukina orphans together.
- Pyrrhic Victory: Once he kills Ayane in her route, leading to the Nemesis End.
- Revenge: His main drive in the routes where he joins FLAK, downplayed in all of the others.
- Revenge Before Reason: At the end of Minori's Route, he can join Fei Dao, completely forgoing his allegiance with FLAK and his relationship with Minori.
- In Tsukina's Route, he can give in to Reika's words about getting revenge for Yuuya at the slight price of being her "personal pet".
- Schmuck Bait: Stumbled upon one in his youth.
- Unlikely Hero: He actually ends up saving the day in each route, since he's one of the strongest pilots around at the beginning of the game.
- Vengeance Feels Empty: Discussed in Minori's Route, when she asks Tohru what he will do once he gets his revenge, and he admits he doesn't know, even suggesting to quit the military. It's even worse in the Nemesis End of Ayane's Route when he actually kills her and ends up being a wrecked mercenary without any place to go.
Tohru Souma's best friend in Steppenwolf. He was planning of living an honest life using his hacking skills for the society, before disbanding the group altogether. He tragically dies during their last hacking, by an unknown foe. His death leads Tohru to find his murderer, seeking revenge.
- Ambiguously Brown: He has a light brown skin, but his name is Japanese.
- Big Brother Mentor: He was the one who took Tohru under his wing to learn him the ways of hacking.
- Dark-Skinned Blond
- Plot-Triggering Death: The whole plot of Baldr Force begins at his death.
- Posthumous Character: Since he dies very early, he is mostly referenced by other characters as such.
The step-sister of Tohru and former mission control of Steppenwolf. She used to live with him, but after their disbanding she was sent at VSS as a pilot.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Being subjected to the "special training" of VSS made her into a mindless puppet oberying Reika's every command, though Tohru can talk her out of it.
- Can't Catch Up: As a pilot of VSS, she had some difficulties catching to Tohru who's already a skilled pilot, but she tries her best to get stronger. It's later Played for Drama when Tohru learns Reika tempted her into accepting the special training in order to be an equal to him.
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: After several sessions of training in VSS, she became this.
- Final Boss: Of her own route, brainwashed by Reika.
- Flirty Stepsiblings: With her step-brother Tohru on her route.
- The Load: She began to see herself as one to Tohru, which in turn allows Reika to manipulate her to further her goals.
- Mind Rape: Reika subjects her to one in her route in order to complete the brainwashing chip tests.
- Mission Control: She was one to Steppenwolf.
- Parental Abandonment: After her father's death, Tohru promised her to always be at her side at any times. They get to live in small houses, still struggling with money issues and hacking with Yuuya for a living. Tohru is pretty much her only relative alive at the beginning of the story.
- Shipper on Deck: To her step-brother and Minori or Ayane, much to their embarrassment.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has green hair.
A fellow hacker from Steppenwolf. Because he acceded to vital data of the military, he was directly put in jail after the disbanding.
- Badasses Wear Bandanas: Being part of the Steppenwolf group make does help.
- Better to Die than Be Killed: He shoots himself in Liang's Route to prevent being controlled by Reika.
- Chekhov M.I.A.: Is not seen again after the final hacking of Steppenwolf. He later came back in Tsukina's Route to help Tohru hack into the servers of VSS.
- Face of a Thug: Despite having a somewhat agressive face with a piercing, he's one of the good guys and a long-time partner for Tohru.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: His main defining quality, which is why Qu Wong choose him as a right hand man. He's perfectly capable of piloting simulacrum, doing Mission Control and hacking.
- Heroic Sacrifice: In Liang's Route. Upon being forcibly controlled by Reika into shooting Tohru, he manages to redirect his gun to shoot himself.
- Killed Offscreen: He was eaten by Leviathan in Ren's Route, while Tohru was trying to escape.
- Mind Manipulation: He's victim of one in Liang's Route, courtesy of Reika.
- Put on a Bus: After his arrest by the police, he doesn't appear until the end of Minori's Route and midway through Tsukina's Route, having joined Fei Dao.
- Ship Tease: Rapidly sees one in Tohru and Liang, after the latter rejected him.
- Too Many Belts: For some reason, he wears severals belts up his torso and on his left arm.
FLAK ArmyA large military group whose main mission is to monitor the everyday moves of hackers, terrorists and data thieves. They often recruit their talents from former hackers they got arrested, and their main enemy are the Fei Dao terrorists.
The Commander in chief of FLAK. He is an old man with strange hobbies and directing the military for 15 years.
- Bearer of Bad News: When Fei Dao attacks in Bachelor's Route after getting their defenses greatly weakened, he announces himself the attack, implying this is really bad if the general himself made the announcement.
- Collector of the Strange: He seems to like collecting various trinkets and trophies, seen in his room.
- Dirty Old Man: Tohru caught him trying to have his way with Ayane, because he is the one who have the power to prevent her from going to jail, despite her attitude.
- Fat Bastard: He is seen several times abusing his powers to get what he wants, and he's not very easy on the eyes.
- General Failure: Despite being at the top of FLAK, Yagisawa reveals he didn't pilot a simulacrum for years and prefers goofing around in his room.
- Gonk: By far the ugliest character of the game.
- Hero Killer: Though indirectly, he is the one who kills Qu Wong at the end of Liang's Route, not before being Neck Snap by him.
- Hidden Depths: He is revealed to be one of the main heads behind the brain enhancing chip project, but after the great disaster eight years ago, he was demoted to general.
- Voiced by: Toru Sakura (PC game), Ryuusuke Obayashi (PS2 game), Shinpachi Tsuji (anime)
The captain of the first platoon at FLAK, where Tohru is working on. He's the one who recruited Tohru at the beginning of the game.
- Awful Truth: He chose to keep the secret of the brainwashing chip, fearing that such a thing will get many killed.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: His fighting style in a simulacrum shows he's doesn't like using guns and prefers unarmed combat.
- Big Good: He is the leader, after all.
- Cool Old Guy: Nicer than his superior Gen Gondou and the most trusted soldier of the base.
- Cruel Mercy: Puts Tohru through one in the Forgotten End, where he is put in jail for 3 years and given a corrective chip. It ends with him completely alone and unable to have any "impure" thoughs.
- Final Boss: Of Liang's Route.
- Hidden Depths: At first, he's only seen as the captain of the first platoon, but later revelations in the end of Liang's Route give more info about him: He was one of the people knowing the brainwashing chip project, but he choose to retire in the military, out of fear.
- He also knows about Leviathan, and is pursuing Bachelor for years to discover the truth behind its unsealing.
- My Greatest Failure: When he was a soldier, he stumbled upon Bachelor but choose to let her go, a few moments before the first appearance of Leviathan. He was demoted for it, and greatly blames himself for failing to catch her at the right time.
- OOC Is Serious Business: In Bachelor's Route, he was abnormally eager to fight Bachelor in the base, to the point he personally intervenes in her duel against Tohru. See My Greatest Failure above.
- Old Soldier: Downplayed. He is not that old, but he clearly shows experience in his fighting style and knowledge of the battlefield.
- Smoking Is Cool: Always seen with a cigarette.
A member of the first platoon and the first soldier Tohru gets to see. She acts as the mission control for FLAK.
- Big Damn Heroes: Comes just in time to log out Ayane before she is killed by a brainwashed Tsukina in the latter's route.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Her Establishing Character Moment as seen by Tohru.
- Mission Control: For the first platoon.
- Nice Girl: Even though Tohru joined the terrorists, she still trusts him when he asked her to join him in a VR Chat.
- Survivor Guilt: She dropped out of teaching when one mistake of hers caused several of her pupils to die in a virus attack. It's subverted in Liang's Route, when Tohru learned the truth and told her: It was a failed experiment of the government with prototypal brainchips.
A regular member of the first platoon, who was a former hacker before being recruited by FLAK. He's a playboy who often spends time with women and alcohol.
- Big Damn Heroes: Along with Kaira and Minori, he manages to save Tohru near the end of Tsukina's Route by helping him reach the exit.
- They do it again in Bachelor's Route when they prevent the last sealing door to close in order to save Bachelor.
- The Casanova
- Commonality Connection: With Kaira with their common interest in sex.
- Electric Joybuzzer: A variant he does on newbies: A fake hand that dissolves at handshakes.
- In Love with the Gangster's Girl: His last affair with a woman related to the mafia ended up very badly for him.
- Killed Offscreen: He's killed in Liang's Route by Fei Dao to help Tohru escape.
- NEET: Was one for three years after dropping highschool and became a hacker until he got recruited into FLAK.
- Really Gets Around: Even in days off, he always have a woman in his room. It's even worse in his past, when he was expelled from various institutions for sexual conduct.
- The Runaway: Due to behavior issues and his tendency of womanizing, he was sent to a boarding school but even than wasn't enough, and it ultimately causes him to run away from his home to join the hacker group Nutcracker.
- Shipper on Deck: With Kaira, he likes to tease Tohru when he becomes more intimate with Minori or Ayane, depending on the route.
- Sleeping with the Boss's Wife: At 19, he was caught in a affair with the mistress of a mafia don, which cost the life of several of his friends. At the time of the game, the group still pursues him and the mistress went missing.
- Voiced by: Manabi Mizuno (PS2 game), Shizuka Ito (anime)
Another member of the first platoon, who was a former hacker before being recruited by FLAK. She is a laid-back girl who likes to show her chest whenever she wants, trying to seduce Tohru at their first meeting.
- Ambiguously Bi: One the one hand, one of the first things she's shown doing is shamelessly trying to seduce Tohru. On the other, she's seen drunk near the end of Ayane's Route hitting on Minori.
- Big Damn Heroes: Along with Yousuke and Minori, she manages to save Tohru near the end of Tsukina's Route by helping him reach the exit.
- They do it again in Bachelor's Route when they prevent the last sealing door to close in order to save Bachelor.
- Buxom Is Better
- Commonality Connection: With Yousuke with their common interest in sex.
- Elopement: In her past as a former hacker, she run away with a fellow hacker and was in a relationship with him.
- Gainaxing: Not seen in-game, but the inner thoughts of Tohru describes it.
- Gorgeous Gaijin: The only westerner in the army and the main source of fanservice.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Easily the worst drinker in the whole base.
- Killed Offscreen: She's killed in Liang's Route by Fei Dao to help Tohru escape.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Phenotype Stereotype: The Level 2 Data reveals she's from USA, unsurprisingly.
- Really Gets Around: Downplayed. She doesn't do it with any member of the base, but she has a large number of partners.
- The Red Baron: Was known in cyberspace under the nickname "Cherry Bomb".
- Shipper on Deck: With Yousuke, she likes to tease Tohru when he becomes more intimate with Minori or Ayane, depending on the route.
- The Tease: Especially with Tohru.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: She greets Tohru with it in the very first scene she appears.
A silent girl who is also part of the first platoon. She doesn't like to communicate with others and can pass as an indifferent and cold individual. She's known as "The Berserker" in mission, because of her tendency to recklessly rush towards enemies.
- Action Girl: Ayane is acknowledged as the strongest member of the first platoon, often bringing down tons of enemies by herself. And that's not accounting her morphing Simulacrum.
- Big Damn Heroes: In the Revival End of Tsukina's Route, she saves Tohru from Reika's clutches by shooting in the air to wake him up.
- Death by Sex: Not long after making love for the last time with Tohru, she dies in the Return and Nemesis End, getting killed by either Genha or Tohru.
- Death Seeker: Upon learning she was the one who killed Yuuya, she resign herself to die at Tohru's hands if he's still going through his revenge.
- Final Boss: Of her own route.
- I Let You Win: The final battle against her is not that hard compared to the one in Tsukina's Route, essentially because she is conflicted between her feelings and Tohru's revenge.
- I Owe You My Life: The reason she supports Tohru during the end of Tsukina's Route, because he didn't shoot her after her defeat.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Once she dives, she's this in the battlefield. It often causes trouble later for the team.
- Murder by Mistake: She didn't intent to kill Yuuya at all: After getting beaten by Genha, she was out of commission and when she later came back to her senses, she panicked and attacked him, unable to hear his voice.
- No Body Left Behind: Her death in Nemesis End, due to being killed in the cyberspace.
- The Quiet One: She doesn't say much: Even after several months with them, Tohru still doesn't know much about her in the first chapters.
- The Red Baron: "The Berserker".
- Rei Ayanami Expy: She sports short and mostly pale hair, shows little emotions and doesn't talk much, has a Dark and Troubled Past, and is a Love Interest to Tohru. Bonus points for also being a mecha pilot.
- The Stoic: Sports a poker face at all times, except in critical combat situations.
- Revenge: Her main objective, learn by Tohru in her route. She wants to kill Genha, who murdered her brother right in front of her eyes.
- Suicide by Cop: In the Return and Nemesis End, she let herself be killed by Genha or Tohru out of remorse for killing Yuuya, thinking dying is the best way to atone for his murder.
- Transforming Mecha: For the sake of her revenge, she choose a morphing simulacrum to get stronger, even though it causes her pain each time she uses it.
- The Worf Effect: She gets easily defeated by Bachelor in the latter's route to show the threat she potentially represents, greatly affecting her pride.
Virtual Sphere Security (VSS)The biggest private security company in the world. Their technology allows them to have their own simulacrum army with AI support, on par with the FLAK forces, making them a competitor for peacekeeping.
A cold and intimidating women who is the CEO of VSS.
- Ambition Is Evil: Her main drive behind her plan, thinking that ambitions causes humans to wage war at each other. Ironically, her fall into evil was caused by ambition.
- The Bad Guy Wins: In the Valhalla End of Tsukina's Route, she finally makes Tohru submit to her and put her brainwashing plan into motion.
- Big Bad: Of Tsukina's Route.
- Boom, Headshot!: Her final fate in Bachelor's Route, killed by Qu Wong.
- Brainwashing for the Greater Good: Her main objective, which involves the reprogramming of every human being with a brainchip into a mindless puppet, without any emotion, to create world peace.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: While it does improve piloting skills, this is what her "special training" for unexperienced people comes down to.
- Depraved Bisexual: It's implied her "pets" are men and women alike.
- Dominatrix: Bonus points for wearing an actual dominatrix costume under her coat.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Despite everything, even her finds Genha repulsive.
- The Evils of Free Will: Her brainwashing plan is to get rid of free will to attain some sort of peace in the world.
- Faux Affably Evil: She keeps a polite facade even as she reveals everything to Tohru about the truth of the brainchips.
- He Knows Too Much: She order her unit to kill teenage hackers to prevent any leak of VSS' data, even though they have surrendered beforehand. Of course, knowing the true purpose of VSS would get one killed.
- I Love You Because I Can't Control You: Non-romantic exemple. She considers Tohru to be her best "creation" and finds his refusal to submit to her and his love for Tsukina all the more endearing.
- Ice Queen: Her first impression when Tohru and Yousuke meets her. They weren't wrong.
- Knight of Cerebus: Tsukina's Route turns a lot darker when the full extent of her training methods are revealed.
- Lotus-Eater Machine: Puts Tohru in one in the Valhalla End.
- Manipulative Bastard: Plays with the emotions of her victims to do her bidding.
- More Than Mind Control: She does it to Tsukina, by manipulating her feelings to Tohru and get her to undergo her special training.
- Necessarily Evil: She is ruthless and cold when it comes to protect her data company. Such as putting down hackers as a failsafe or subjecting her pilots to "special training" in order to improve simulacrum compatibility.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: After her death in Tsukina's Route, her numerous crimes are brought up. It causes all companies connected to the VSS to sink, along with several political figures.
- Non-Action Big Bad: She doesn't participate in battles, instead using her numerous soldiers to do so.
- Older Than She Looks: Modified her physical appearance through the use of surgery and cybernetics.
- Self-Made Woman: To build VSS as it is now, she used every means possible to get from a small group of engineers to the biggest private company in cyber-security. Including her own body.
- The Sociopath: Her complete lack of empathy towards her people emphasize her cruelty.
- Soft-Spoken Sadist: Even as she tortures several characters, her voice and attitude doesn't change in the slightest.
- The Unfettered: You don't say.
- The Vamp: One of her main tools to get what she wants from people.
- Villains Never Lie: She's not seen using lies once to Tohru, because it would be easier for her to manipulate him.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: She ultimately doesn't want to cause chaos or wreck havoc, instead having everyone brainwashed for maintaining peace.
- Would Hurt a Child: She subjected the children Liang, Genha, Bachelor, Tohru and Ren to the enhancing brainchip experiments, and it left a huge scar in each of their minds and bodies.
Terrorists of Fei DaoAntichips terrorists whose main objective is to disrupt the governing powers for the right of the people, often using violent methods to do so.
The leader of Fei Dao. Not much is known about him part from being the main head of the terrorists.
- Affably Evil: He's shown to be polite to his enemies, even at the verge of death.
- Anti-Villain: He is willing to resort to violence to accomplish his goal, which is to put an end to the brainwashing chips.
- Big Bad: Of the routes where Tohru joins FLAK.
- Big Good: In Liang's Route.
- The Conspiracy: His main suspicion towards the government, accusing them to implant brainchips into people for brainwashing people. In Tsukina's Route, he was actually right for the VSS agenda.
- Even Evil Has Standards: He ultimately kills Genha himself by cutting his connection to the cyberspace, after the latter went a little too far.
- Face Death with Dignity: At the end of Ayane's Route, should Tohru choose to shoot him.
- Final Boss: Of Minori's Route.
- Godzilla Threshold: He uses children in his simulacrum army, mainly because everyone else was killed in battle. This is also the only reason he keeps Genha around, because of his skill with a simulacrum.
- Good All Along: Because he was right for the government true goal, he choose to fight them directly as a terrorrist.
- Graceful Loser: When Tohru defeats him in Ayane's Route, he'll offer to Tohru the choice to kill or spare him. His decision is determined by a earlier choice, when Ayane asks him about whether he intends to go through his revenge or not.
- Hannibal Lecture: Pulls one on Tohru near the end of Minori's Route, which can or cannot work.
- My Greatest Failure: He was part of the scientists who did experiments on children to create brain enhancing chips. He considers this his worst failure as a human being and spent the rest of his life as a terrorist in order to reveal the truth to people, and finding Bachelor to protect her.
- Neck Snap: How he kills Gen Gondou when he personnaly attacks the Level-7 in Liang's Route.
- Not Evil, Just Misunderstood: He's not actually evil, but his radical actions in the series and the censorship of his speech doesn't help a lot.
- Parental Substitute: He took the orphaned Liang, Genha, Bachelor and Tohru under his wing and raised them, up until the brainwashing chip experiments. Liang and Genha became terrorists along with him, but Bachelor fled from her orphanage before he could pick her up, and Tohru was adopted by Tsukina's father.
- Properly Paranoid: His rant about brainchips being a means to brainwash en masse turned out to be right, as revealed by Reika Tachibana. It's actually because he was one of the people knowing the whole project, along with Souji Yagisawa and the father of Tsukina.
- Specs of Awesome: Sporting glasses and being the leader of a terrorist group sure helps.
The Mission Control working for Fei Dao.
In Ren's Route, it's revealed she was one of the five orphaned children subjected to brain enhancing experiments. In her case, she was given the memory chip to test out the possibilites of enhancing, modifying or deleting memories, but the experiment was a failure, giving her the memory losses and seizures she suffers in her route. Qu Wong took her under his wing along with Genha following the interruption of the experiments eight years ago.
- Action Girl: Aside from piloting a simulacrum, she knows martial arts to defend herself.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Whenever she get stressed, she suffers attacks of a unknown disease, with an strange tendency to forget things.
- Amnesiac Lover: One of the Love Interest for Tohru, victim of daily amnesia.
- And the Adventure Continues: Her True End is this to her and Tohru: After the disbanding of Fei Dao, Yagisawa let them go as promised and the route ends with them discussing the future as fugitives.
- Asian Airhead: See The Ditz.
- Break the Cutie: While she was already living a harsh life as a member of Fei Dao, it comes to a breaking point when Genha attempts to rape her.
- Chinese Girl: Complete with a paper fan, adequate clothing and Odango Hair.
- The Ditz: Downplayed, her bad memory makes her forget things and she doesn't remember complicated words.
- Dragon Lady: Liang is one to Qu Wong. Subverted in her route when it's shown she's not evil at all.
- Endearingly Dorky: When trying to remember Tohru's name, he can't help but finding it adorable.
- Establishing Character Moment: She quickly fends off Genha as he was assaulting her.
- Forgetful Jones: Rapidly forgets Tohru's name after one day, because of the chip implanted into her brain as a child.
- I'll Kill You!: If Tohru chooses to kill Qu Wong in Ayane's Route, she will declare her intent of revenge, leading him to a restless life made of battles afterwards.
- Insecure Love Interest: Because of her memory losses and sometimes masculine personality, she feels she cannot be worthy of Tohru, until he talks her out of it.
- Kick Chick: And waking people with it.
- Morality Pet: She's one to Genha, to the point when Tohru manages to rescue her from FLAK's base, he expresses his gratitude and removes him from his kill list.
- Mission Control: To Fei Dao.
- Please Don't Leave Me: A variant where it's not Tohru who leaves, but the memory of him. At the end of her route, she has a true seizure and she needs Tohru to hug her as much as possible in the hopes she will not forget him, and it ultimately works.
- In the Forgotten End, she completely forgets him and is shifted to VSS under Reika's control.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Despite being very short (155 cm), she easily kicked Genha's ass when he assaulted her.
- The Quiet One: She always talk with a small and quiet voice, even when she's angry.
- Troubled, but Cute: The main reason Tohru quicky looks after her in her route.
- She's Got Legs
- Tsundere: Type 1.
An unsettling man who is one of the strongest members of Fei Dao. He joined the terrorists only to harm and slaughtering others whenever he wants.
In Ren's Route, it's revealed he was one of the five orphaned children subjected to brain enhancing experiments. In his case, his right brain was enhanced and it successfully gave him greater reflexes and instincts, but left him with a defiancy in his mind. Qu Wong took him under his wing along with Liang following the interruption of the experiments eight years ago.
- 0% Approval Rating: Absolutely everyone hates this guy. Not even his allies, and it ends fatally for him as Qu Wong himself kills him because he went too far in several routes.
- Asshole Victim: In all of the routes.
- Ax-Crazy: A crazy, sociopathic man whose sole motive is to cause chaos and destruction.
- Blood Knight: Only joined the terrorists for the thrill of fighting.
- Deader Than Dead: After his Not Quite Dead moment in Bachelor's Route, he's killed once again by Tohru and his body gets eaten by Leviathan, definitely flatlining him.
- The Dragon: He is established as the number 2 of the group, behind Qu Wong.
- Establishing Character Moment: The first scene he appears involves him trying to rape Ayane.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Downplayed. After several years getting progressively evil, he still has a soft spot for Liang, but even that began to crumble as he ultimately tries to rape her near the end of her route.
- Evil Feels Good: It's later revealed he does evil things because of a "demon" in his head who orders him to do so and rewarding him with feel-good brain chemicals.
- For the Evulz: Because he can.
- Freudian Excuse: He was one of the child subjects for the prototype of the brain enhancing chip. It ended in failure, with the side effect of the chip encouraging him to do evil by giving him endorphin.
- Kick the Morality Pet: His descent into evil takes another turn when he tries to rape Liang in her route.
- Knight of Cerebus: Fei Dao became a lot more threatening and serious once he appears in the game.
- The Mole: In some routes, he's working with VSS' President Reika, in exchange of a life of leisure.
- Not Quite Dead: Despite being flatlined in Ayane's Route, he later reappears in the Return and True End of Ayane's Route. He is then stabbed multiple times by Tohru, flatlining again only to learn several months later he's still alive.
- Seen again in Bachelor's Route, although this time he dies for real after being swallowed by Leviathan.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: He cements how evil he is when he tries to rape Ayane after destroying her simulacrum.
- Sadist: His main motivation for becoming a terrorrist was to wreck havoc and killing people for the thrill.
- Serial Rapist
- Super Reflexes: His brainchip affects his right brain, giving him enhanced reflexes and allowing him to dodge bullets.
- Technician vs. Performer: The Performer to Bachelor's Technician in simulacrum combat.
- This Is Your Brain on Evil: A literal exemple. His brainchip sends him endorphin whenever he does something evil, and it becomes worse over time.
- Token Evil Teammate: To Fei Dao.
- Villainous Rescue: He of all people saves the day when Tohru is cornered by FLAK in Liang's Route.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: In his youth with Qu Wong, Liang, Bachelor and Tohru, he was described as a rowdy, yet nice child. He began to change after the chip experiments he was subjected to.
A mysterious hacker who regularly provided backup for Steppenwolf. Their identity is shrouded in mystery, finally revealed in their proper route as a little girl who lives in the slums.
Her given name is Hikaru Asakura, but she gave it up for "Bachelor". She's related to an old incident eight years ago, and met Souji Yagisawa when he was still a pilot.
During the events of Ren's Route, her true name is revealed: Noriko Kishima, one of the five children subjected to brain enhancing experiments. In her case, the experiment succeded and it left her with an increased intelligence. Wanting to discover the truth about her past, she fled from her orphanage to live as the hacker she's known as today.
- A-Cup Angst: Bachelor is very sensitive about her flat chest whenever someone mentions it, to the point she tries to be more "feminine" to Tohru by having balloons under her shirt to make them bigger.
- The Ace: She's unbeatable when it comes to hacking, as shown by her attack of FLAK. She's also very good at simulacrum fights.
- Adult Fear: She doesn't want to "grow up" because her long wandering into cyberspace made her wary of the world of adults, made of violence and corruption.
- Ambiguous Gender: Their filtered voice kept their gender a secret: A rather petite girl. Even when Tohru meets her for the first time in her route, her clothing makes it still ambiguous.
- Beam Spam / Macross Missile Massacre: In each of her fights, her main weapons revolves around lasers and missiles.
- Blood Knight: In her route, she is longing for a good fight against skilled pilots, especially Tohru.
- Endearingly Dorky: Tohru finds her attempts to catch up with real life things like love or cooking as very cute.
- Final Boss: Of her own route.
- Gender Reveal: When her hat drops, revealing her long, feminine hair.
- "Get Back Here!" Boss: In simulacrum fights against her, she prefers to flee as much as possible to damage her opponent with projectiles and bumpers.
- Godzilla Threshold: Upon being forced a Sadistic Choice by Genha in the end of her route, she choose to unseal Leviathan herself to get rid of him.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Her intent to stay hidden in the cyberspace prevents her of any human contact, until her meeting with Tohru, who motivates her to have friends.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: After her first encounter with Tohru, she began to fall in love with him out of admiration and for their common adventures with Steppenwolf. When she suspects him of selling her out to VSS, she goes off the deep end and intends to unleash Leviathan, which would kill many civilians.
- I'm Your Biggest Fan: Says this in several routes, because she admires Tohru for his fighting and hacking skills, and Steppenwolf in general.
- Insufferable Genius: Even though she boasts her hacking abilities and likes to show-off, she has the skill to back it up.
- Interface Screw: She causes one to Tohru by attempting to disguise her voice as Minori's to confuse him. It is shown in-game by having four textboxes at one.
- Lethal Chef: She tries to cook breakfast for Tohru in her route, only to smoke out his hideout.
- Mysterious Backer: She's one to Tohru in the end of Tsukina's Route, helping him to hack into the servers of VSS.
- Mysterious Stranger
- No Social Skills: When she's not in cyberspace, she's easily flustered in front of people and she's less overconfident than expected.
- Playful Hacker: Her main motive for hacking.
- The Prankster: Whenever something gets hacked or starts acting funny, it's usually her doing.
- Technician vs. Performer: The Technician to Genha's Performer in simulacrum combat.
- Teen Genius: Despite being very young, she is already the greatest hacker seen in the game, enough to attack FLAK on her own and repelling Fei Dao terrorists. Her left brain was affected by the brainchip, enhancing her intelligence and logical thinking.
- That Man Is Dead: In her True End, she claims "Bachelor died" and turns a new leaf by declaring to Tohru that "Hikaru revived" as a member of FLAK.
- Samus Is a Girl: Until the revelation in her route, she is assumed to be a male in all of the others.
- Secret Identity Vocal Shift: When communicating, she uses a filter to avoid identification.
- Sensory Overload: She is a victim of it in the Hatred End where Genha finds her defenseless real body and proceeds to kill her: If the original body of the diver gets a powerful stimulation like being stabbed or having a broken limb, the effect would be lethal.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: She pretends to be a man, in cyberspace and real life, because everyone would look down on her it they know about her being a girl. It's also because of the everyday belief that There Are No Girls on the Internet.
A strange, ghostly girl who is only seen in the cyberspace, nicknamed the "Wired Ghost" by many. She regularly appears to Tohru in some routes, and she is the latest heroine of the game.
In her route, it's revealed she was one of the five orphaned children subjected to brain enhancing experiments. In her case, the experiment was to extend the time one can be separated from its real body in cyberspace, and it was left unfinished due to her avatar being separated too much from her original body and unable to go back. Since then, she was known as the "Wired Ghost", desperately searching for her step-brother, Shinichi, who would later become Tohru Souma, and her real body as well.
- Ambiguously Human: Despite the rumors of the Wired Ghost, she seems very human when Tohru interacts with her, but she doesn't appear at all in radars and can walk through virtual walls. It's because she doesn't have a body anymore, only an avatar form.
- Big Brother Attraction: She had this dynamic with Tohru when they were children, as he was his only living relative and promised he will always be with her.
- Cute Ghost Girl
- Despair Event Horizon: She lets Levianthan take control of her when it is revealed her real body don't exist anymore.
- Guardian Angel: Acts as one to Tohru, when he is on the verge of death.
- Haunted Technology: She is said to be the ghost of a deceased girl who was left wandering in the cyberspace many years ago.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Pulls one in Bachelor's Route by protecting them from Leviathan, and it ultimately saves them both.
- Little Sister Heroine: A strange exemple. In her past, she had someone she considered her brother, but he disappeared mysteriously. Upon meeting Tohru in the virtual chat, she asks him to be her new "brother" as a replacement for her, making her this trope. Later played straight when it's revealed she really is his step-sister.
- No Body Left Behind: Her main objective was to go back to her real body after eight years of wandering. Sadly, it died long ago and she finally breaks down when Gen Gondou reveals the truth of her experiment to Tohru, Liang and Bachelor.
- You Shall Not Pass!: She tries to stop Leviathan to reach Tohru and Bachelor in the latter's route. It allows them to win some time, at the cost of her life.
- When She Smiles: Has a calming effect on Tohru whenever she smiles.
It was responsible for a great disaster eight years ago, flatlining many civilians indiscriminately until it was sealed. The hacker Bachelor is believed to be the prime culprit for being here during the incident, but it was later unconfirmed in her route.
The full extent of its abilities is unknown, but the few people who saw it ended up being traumatized by its might. It is unsealed by Bachelor in her route, to save herself from Genha.
It's later revealed in Ren's Route that it reacts to her emotions: The more negative they are, the less she is able to control it, and the other way around, because it represents her subconscious.
- The Assimilator: It absorbs bodies of people to become stronger.
- Enemy Without: Leviathan is the embodiment of Ren's subconscious, being her negative thoughts and fear of being left alone. It takes over Ren's consciousness when she discovers her real body died, but in all of the other routes besides her own, she keeps it in check.
- Hell Is That Noise: Upon being unsealed by Bachelor, it began to scream and emit screeching sounds. It's actually a cry of sorrow from Ren herself, searching for her missing step-brother.
- Hero Killer: Is singlehandedly responsible for the death of all of the First Platoon and Akira in Ren's Route.
- Interface Screw: Tohru experiences one: Simply being near it causes several bugs and glitches who prevents him to maneuver his simulacrum.
- Mechanical Abomination: A giant black ball whose sole purpose is to eat people, with a horrific screeching.
- No Body Left Behind: Inverted. It presence prevents dead people in the cyberspace to disappear, in order to feed on them.
- Ominous Visual Glitch: One of the main effects it causes on simulacrums and people.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: It was sealed because of its sheer dangerousness.
- Swallowed Whole: Every corpse in its vicinity gets eaten by it.