An encantado whose former place of employment was closed down. They're hoping they can work with the DoCA for a bit.
Played by Celyn.
- Bare Your Midriff: Their top shows off their belly.
- Brutal Honesty: Says what they're thinking, and doesn't pull any punches when doing so. They're very vocal about their distrust for Sanura, and when they're displeased about someone's actions.
- Girlish Pigtails: Their bright blue hair is tied into two small twin tails.
- Hair Decorations: A few pink flowers in their hair.
- Pink Is Feminine: Wears pink, specifically to incite femininity in their appearance.
- Surrounded by Idiots: According to them, anyway.Cruz: I'm Cruz. One of maybe three or four actual adults around here, it seems.
Kemal: Everyone here has to legally be above 20 to work here, don't they?
Cruz: Yes. And they are technically. But it doesn't mean that they behave like they're over that age.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: They can transform into a river dolphin.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has bright blue hair.
A very tired werewolf man that needs to take a break.
Played by Kody.
- Affectionate Nickname: Soleil calls him Arty.
- Brutal Honesty: Artemis doesn't see the need to mince words. He's short and to the point about anything and everything.
- Childhood Friends: With Soleil. He's known her since he was eight.
- Cuteness Equals Forgiveness: Quick to forgive both Soleil and Esmos because they're cute.
- Deadpan Snarker: Very much so.Artemis: [groaning on the ground from a groin shot]
Mary-Jane: Are you alright, darling?
Artemis: Maybe. Hard to tell. And I'm not gonna whip it out to check.
- Gentle Giant: Although he's big and intimidating, he's actually quite nice.
- Indifferent Beauty: Artemis is actually quite handsome. Not that he's aware of it.
- Not So Stoic: Makes faces on occasion. These occasions usually include either adorable animals or Soleil getting horrifically injured.
- One-Winged Angel: His half-wolf form is this; with it, Artemis has heightened sense of smell, strength, and speed, but he can only maintain it for a few minutes before it disappears, leaving him exhausted.
- The Stoic: It's very, very hard to make Artemis emote. He's usually too tired to actually bother.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky: He's tall, he's dark, and he has wit as sharp as a tack.
The de facto leader of the Department of Community Affairs. A werewolf, but she tries to keep it on the down low.
Played by Bell.
- Action Girl: When there's a fight, you can expect Mary-Jane to pull her weight.
- Afraid of Their Own Strength: Terrified of how strong she can be depending on how much she wolfs out.
- Anger Born of Worry:
- Gets absolutely furious at her teammates sometimes, but it's always because she's worried about them.
- She gets angry at Quilla too, because she sees the path Quilla is walking and she's been there before.
- Benevolent Boss: She's the unofficial leader of the DoCA, and she's quite kind, thinking up ways for people to get their suggestions out there.
- The Charmer: Mary-Jane, unlike the majority of the DoCA, has a way with words and is good at getting people to like her. Unlike Esmos, she doesn't need a magical ability to do so; her charm is au naturale.
- Deadpan Snarker: She has her moments.Oculus: You just want to hurt somebody.
Mary-Jane: So do you, and you are not exactly the picture of a healthy lifestyle.
- Determinator: If Mary-Jane sets out to do something, she will do it. She took three rounds of Shoor and still didn't go down.
- The Face: Mary-Jane tends to be the one that speaks to clients.
- The Fashionista: She likes fashion a lot; if someone gave her the suggestion she would probably buy brand new wardrobes for every single agent.
- Freakiness Shame: Mary-Jane doesn't like to show her fangs or ears, especially in public where she may get singled out.
- Friendless Background: Due to her strict upbringing and intense lessons, Mary-Jane didn't have any friends growing up.
- Good with Numbers: A regular whiz, actually. You have to be good with numbers to be good with potions.
- The Heart: The center of the group, and the glue that holds everyone else together.
- I Can Still Fight!: Mary-Jane literally has to be tied to her bed to be stopped from doing anything if she's injured or worn out. Even sporting major injuries, she still tries to do something.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: MJ would rather not be a werewolf, as it screwed up a lot of her life plans.Mary-Jane: I hate being a werewolf. I like that it's useful at times, but I hate being this way. I don't want to be trapped in all of this - this fur and these teeth and claws, I - It isn't me. This was not who I wanted to be.
- It's All My Fault: Blames herself for Amil and Parvaneh's separation.
- A Mother to Her Men: MJ takes care of the DoCA as though they were her own family.
- Nice Girl: A very kind woman who shows compassion to everyone she meets.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: She may have freed Parvaneh, but this in turn ended the Deal Parva struck with Cuffe... which means all of Parva's loved ones are free game for Cuffe, including their mother, Ajwa, and Mary-Jane's own anchor, Sirius.
- Not So Above It All: Although MJ acts like an elegant and refined lady, she will gladly join in with silly escapades, such as jamming out on violin to Beethoven's Fifth Gold Digger.
- One-Winged Angel: Her half-wolf form is this; MJ can transform and gain super smell, strength, and speed, but she can only maintain it for a few minutes before it fades away and leaves her exhausted.
- Platonic Declaration of Love: This was required in part of turning Sirius into her anchor.Sirius: Mary-Jane, I'm a useless, traumatized human being whose only talent is turning into a sex toy and a stupid dog.
Mary-Jane: I care for... I love you, Sirius.
- Later -
Mary-Jane: I love you. Thank you.
Sirius: I love you too.
- Professional Butt-Kisser: When it comes to authority, MJ is willing to take a few jabs to her pride if it means getting the DoCA what they want.
- The Reliable One: Mary-Jane is always someone that's easy to talk to, and much of DoCA appreciates that about her.
- Resist the Beast: She tends to resist her wolf form as she absolutely despises that part about her. This often leads to her using Acuity + Combine to cope, which rarely turns out well.
- Shipper on Deck: She likes Esmos and Artemis together.
- The Social Expert: MJ is very tuned in to the social aspects of the town, and often advises against actions that might make people look at them less favorably.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's tall and beautiful.
- Stepford Smiler: Beneath her warm smile (which is in turn under a mask) lies a girl with more issues than she cares to admit.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Taken to extremes; while Mary-Jane is sweet most of the time, her Super Intelligence move described below makes her extremely apathetic.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: MJ has round golden irises that indicate her wolfish nature.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky: She's tall, she's dark, and she has a sarcastic streak a mile wide.
- Team Mom: Mary-Jane brings them food, offers them gifts, and even offered Sirius a place in her apartment. She fusses over every single teammate, young and old.
- Teens Are Monsters: She did some horrible things as a teenager, which have yet to be explained...
A homeless person that lives in the DoCA warehouse. Not particularly open about their past.
Played by Kira.
- Abusive Parents: Sirius's parents abused them emotionally and physically. They willingly took the abuse because if they didn't, it meant their sister, Sanura, would have to take it instead.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: To be more accurate, Ken doll anatomy. In their natural form, Sirius doesn't have any... equipment. This lets them shift whatever sort of genitalia they want.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Sirius has a very twisted sense of morality, probably picked up from years on the streets.
- Conditioned to Accept Horror: Sirius doesn't usually bat an eye at anything the DoCA has to deal with, usually because they've most likely seen worse.
- Cuddle Bug: Likes to snuggle a lot, especially as a dog.
- Dark and Troubled Past: They were originally the heir to the Kattskyls dynasty, and ended up running away as a teenager.
- Dirty Coward: Sirius isn't the bravest person in DoCA, and will probably be the first to run from an exceptionally tough situation.
- Fear of Thunder: Sirius hates thunder. And loud noises in general.
- Freudian Excuse: The reason they hate Sherwood so much is because Sherwood resembles their father in both face and personality. Sirius instinctively wants to be hurt by him.
- Guilt Complex: Blames themselves for the deterioration of their and Sanura's relationship, as well as Parva's current state.
- Hate at First Sight: Hated Sherwood the moment they saw him, though it's mellowed out into somewhat friendly relations now.
- Innocently Insensitive: Sirius often says things without realizing they might hurt someone else.
- I Just Want to Be Free: Sirius's ambition is to be free of any and all possible chains that may control them, and to have the true ability to control their own life. They dislike anything that might constrict their freedom.
- I Will Find You: Sirius has been looking for Parvaneh, someone they owe a great deal to, for the past ten years. They haven't had any luck.
- It's All About Me: One of Sirius's major character flaws is their self-centeredness and primary focus on their own problems and self rather than other people. They are working on this, but it's a work in progress.
- It's All My Fault: Blames themselves for Parvaneh's predicament, due to something they did in the past.
- Lack of Empathy: Sirius finds it difficult to empathize with others, with rare exceptions. They've recently tried to find ways to connect to their teammates, though.
- Lovable Coward: Sirius is a coward through and through. They don't like fighting and only do it because it's their job. Still, they're as honest and sweet as a golden retriever when they actually put their mind to it.
- Mellow Fellow: They're very easygoing and tend to take things at face value.
- Mysterious Past: Something happened to them in the past, and they aren't particularly open about it. As it turns out, they were the previous heir to the Kattskyls company and ran away after something involving Parvaneh.
- My Greatest Failure: They consider abandoning Sanura to their fate one of the worst things they've ever done.
- Never Be Hurt Again: Sirius is extremely wary of allowing people to be close to them again after the shitstorm they went through ten years ago.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Unless explicitly told not to do so, Sirius will probably get all up in someone's space simply because they're used to that amount of skinship.
- Perpetual Smiler: Always has a - v - expression on their face.
- Platonic Declaration of Love: Made this to MJ in the process of becoming her anchor.Sirius: Mary-Jane, I'm a useless, traumatized human being whose only talent is turning into a sex toy and a stupid dog.
Mary-Jane: I care for... I love you, Sirius.
- Later -
Mary-Jane: I love you. Thank you.
* Psychological Projection: They project their impression of their father onto Sherwood because he reminds them of him.
- Real Men Cook: Well, not a man, but masculine. Sirius is an impressive cook.
- The Runaway: Ran away from home for yet unexplained reasons.
- Self-Deprecation: So much. So, so much.Sirius: Virtually everyone from my past either doesn't remember I exist or hates me. Even right now, I'm not working because all I'm doing is causing trouble. I want to be a good anchor, but I'm terrified I'm gonna fuck that up too. My life is just a big conga line of one screw-up after another, and I'm always the cause of it. Honestly, it's a wonder I didn't commit suicide years ago.
- Shapeshifter Default Form: Their "true" form is the one they always have to go back to before transforming into something else.
- Stepford Smiler: It can be hard to tell what they're thinking because they're always smiling.
- Sympathy for the Devil: Although they don't agree with Quilla's practices, Sirius can't help but understand why she turned to such a drastic measure.
- Teens Are Monsters: They did something when they were a teenager that resulted in them leaving the city for three years.
- They're Called "Personal Issues" for a Reason: Trying to get answers out of Sirius about their past is less fun than pulling your own teeth out.
- Tragic Keepsake: They keep a purple brooch that looks too expensive for them to own...
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Sirius possesses the Transform tag, and usually uses it to turn into a large red dog. However, they can also turn into a bird, a feminine version of themselves, Mary-Jane, a Pokemon, and just about anything else they can think of.
- You Are Worth Hell: Towards Parvaneh. Sirius is willing to endure any trial if it means they get to see Parva again.
- You Can't Go Home Again: They ran away, and they can't go back for fear of what their parents will do to them. (Even though, through the media coverage, their parents are already well aware of where they are...)
The self-centered leader of the Merry Mages, now DoCA agent.
Played by Bell.
- Agent Peacock: Easily one of the most flamboyant agents.
- The Archer: Summons a bow of magic whenever he needs to, and shoots arrows of different kinds of magic to achieve different effects.
- Casanova Wannabe: Played with. Sherwood sure seems to think he's irresistible, and if you ask Gwen (and Sirius, though they loathe to admit it), you might be right. Most people seem to be absolutely immune to his charms.
- Energy Bow: Summons his bow from magic and fires arrows made of his other magic.
- Fragile Speedster: Although he's speedy and hard to hit, if you can get a hit off Sherwood he'll go down for a bit due to lack of defenses.
- Mage Marksman: He shoots magic with his bow rather than cast it like a normal person.
- The Medic: Somehow, he's this as well. Sherwood can shoot people with healing arrows to heal up their wounds.
- Not Quite Flight: Sherwood can use his arrows to fire momentum into people, sending them sailing through the air. He uses a second momentum arrow to slow them down so they can land safely.
- Peek-a-Bangs: His bangs cover one of his eyes.
A gentle healer that uses crystals in her magic.
Played by Pixie.
- All-Loving Heroine: Hex, bye her nature, is kind and gentle, and often befriends new people within minutes of meeting them.
- The Exile: Exiled from her witch coven because she refused to use her powers to hurt other people.
- Healing Hands: Uses crystals in her healing.
- The Ingenue: Sweet-natured, polite, and optimistic.
- The Medic: Hex uses crystals to heal, and she's very good at it. She can even perform non-invasive blood transfusions!
- Nice Girl: One of the kindest, most gentle agents.
- Positive Friend Influence: Just being around Hex makes people want to be nicer.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Always sees the bright side of things and the good in people.
- White Sheep: Among her coven, she was the only one that refused to dabble in curse magic, leading to her eventual exile.
A polyamorous, partially ice giant young man with an icy tail and a warm disposition.
Played by Sana.
- Biomanipulation: One part of his magic. He can manipulate any part of his body, which helps when he's injured in the middle of battle.
- Fragile Speedster: Chang is very fast and hits very hard, but he doesn't have much in the way of defensive power.
- An Ice Person: Literally. He's part ice.
- Lightning Bruiser: Moves fast and hits hard.
- Mixed Ancestry: 1/8 ice giant.
- Omniglot: Chang can understand any language, whether it's written, spoken, or signed.
- Polyamory: Chang is polyamorous.
A caster of words that mostly uses sign language to communicate. Very thoughtful of others.
Played by Celyn.
- Afraid of Their Own Strength: Lux is afraid of how wild their magic can be and doesn't say a word unless they've used their Power Limiter or are purposely using their magic.
- Attention Whore: Lux is a deconstruction of this trope. Prior to the RP, they desperately wanted the approval of their peers, ended up going too far, and eventually lost control on their own magic.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Don't let their silent demeanor fool you; Lux can carry their weight.
- Elective Mute: Since their power revolves around their voice, Lux doesn't speak often. Instead, they opt to communicate with a written notebook and sign language for those that understand it.
- Handicapped Badass: Lux can definitely hold their own in a fight, but they can't speak without changing the temperature.
- Personal Gain Hurts: Lux got what they wanted at a horrible price, and has regretted their decision since.
- Power at a Price: Lux gained more powerful magic, but as a result they can no longer speak without something to dampen their power.
- The Quiet One: Lux doesn't say a lot, not with their voice anyway. However, they are extremely thoughtful and picks up on little things that might slip under other people's radar.
- Rapunzel Hair: Their hair is extremely long.
Alicen Etoiler de Marr Luna
An eloquent college graduate in deep debt. Possibly the most sophisticated person in the bunch.
Played by Cielle.
- Badass Bookworm: A scholarly college graduate that forms weapons out of her soulstuff.
- Deal with the Devil: Well, more like deal with the state. Alicen sold her soul to pay for her student loans. It's okay—she gets it back when she pays her loans.
- Not So Above It All: Though she may act above most of the DoCA's antics, Alicen is willing to indulge in a bit of silliness on occasion. (Especially if Chang is involved.)
A bubbly vampire that is the personification of sunshine.
Played by Kira.
- Action Girl: Soleil is absolutely no slouch in a fight, even if she doesn't think things through all the way.
- Adorkable: Soleil is unflinchingly cheerful in the face of negativity and is easily excitable by the smallest things.
- Book Dumb: Soleil is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. Somehow, she's a college graduate.
- Childhood Friends: With Artemis. She's known him since she was six.
- Cute Bruiser: Friendly and adorable, with enough strength to throw someone twice her size into a wall.
- Did Not Think This Through: Soleil isn't one to think her plans through to the end. Best exemplified in Chapter One where she took a fifteen-foot drop on one ankle and ended up snapping it.
- Easily Forgiven: Inverted; Soleil forgives most people very easily. It's difficult for her to hold a proper grudge.
- Hidden Depths: Despite her usual ditzy personality, Soleil is very good at puzzles.
- Innocently Insensitive: Soleil often doesn't know when to stop talking, and is rather... blunt.
- Lesbian Vampire: She likes girls and blood.
- Light 'em Up: Soleil can manipulate sunlight at will, though if it touches her skin it still burns her.
- Loose Lips: Don't tell Soleil anything you want to keep a secret.
- Making a Splash: Possesses the Liquid tag, which she mostly uses to turn sunlight to liquid so she can ingest it. She can manipulate liquid if she tries, though she's not great at it.
A human cyborg with eight flying technomagical arms in place of real arms.
Played by Cen.
- An Arm and a Leg: Missing both of her arms. She makes up for it with eight robotic ones.
- Emoticon: Olympia uses Kaomoji in her texting (and speech?) almost excessively.
- Last Ditch Move: She can cause her arms to self-destruct, but not without harsh repercussions.
- Missing Time: Olympia is missing large chunks of her memory from her time working as a scientist.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: She has eight arms.
- Playful Hacker: Olympia can Hack, but she never means any harm.
An elf with higher empathy than normal.
Played by Kira.
- Barrier Warrior: She can use her shields both offensively and defensively.
- Deflector Shields: Her shields can deflect magical and physical attacks, though too much damage will break them.
- Emotion Bomb: She can weaponize her emotions and implant them in others.
- The Empath: Carolyn can detect people via feeling for their emotions, which also comes in handy when someone tries to lie, turning her into a Living Lie Detector.
- Green Thumb: Can manipulate plants.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Carolyn doesn't focus too much on her offensive abilities; instead, her main strength lies in being able to detect emotions and twist them against others.
- Person of Holding: Carolyn can access the Void, and usually uses it to hold various things.
Bloomaiietherada "Bloom" Tidea
A shark mermaid with an aggressive demeanor and a surprisingly soft side.
Played by Sana.
- Action Girl: Easily the most tank-like of any of the girls.
- Adorkable: Despite her intimidating appearance, Bloom can be awkward and goofy.
- Bare Your Midriff: Bloom likes to show off her impressively toned abs.
- The Berserker: When she goes into a Frenzy, Bloom is dangerous to be around, as she attacks anything and anyone in the area.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Bloom sees nothing wrong with eating someone who lies to her.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: Despite her aggressive demeanor, Bloom hides a soft center and can get easily flustered with the right people. Doesn't mean she can't beat the shit out of you, though.
- Brutal Honesty: She doesn't see the point in beating around the bush and will often speak her mind.
- Covered in Scars: Bloom is covered head to toe in scars from her battles in the sea.
- Culture Blind: Bloom is a newcomer to dry land, and doesn't fully get several concepts, such as Bluetooth, much to Lap's horror.
- Friendless Background: Shark life is a lonely life.
- Giftedly Bad: At singing. Bloom is so bad at singing. Which is weird because she's a mermaid.
- Hidden Depths: Bloom actually likes to tell jokes, and practices her jokes at Survivor's Guilt so she can one day perform for her friends.
- Hot-Blooded: Bloom tends to get heated and passionate about things that are important to her.
- Idiot Hair: A lock of hair sticks straight up out of her head.
- Making a Splash: Bloom possesses the Liquid tag and can manipulate water as she pleases.
- Modesty Shorts: Wears black shorts underneath her skirt.
- Morph Weapon: Bloom can Metamorphose her hands into various things, such as hammers, to up her offensive strength.
- Muscles Are Meaningful: Bloom is buff as shit, and she shows off her strength quite often.
- Nice Girl: Despite her appearance, Bloom is actually quite nice.
- No Social Skills: Considering she grew up mostly alone in the ocean, this is to be expected.
- Not Good with People: She's getting better, but still, Bloom's idea of interaction is gently bopping someone on the shoulder before running away.
- Pastimes Prove Personality: Big, intimidating Bloom... actually likes telling jokes and is working on her stand-up comedy.
- Scary Teeth: Sharp shark teeth, and boy, you do not want to be on the receiving end of those.Bloom: [thinking] If this is an elaborate ruse that Quilla put on to distract us so she can safely summon a demon, I am going to eat her, and nobody is going to stop me.
- Shrinking Violet: Surprisingly, Bloom can get very flustered and shy on occasion.
- Statuesque Stunner: Bloom is very tall and very pretty.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Despite her tomboyish personality, Bloom likes dressing up and makeup.
- Tsundere: It's not like she likes you or anything...
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has blue hair that may or may not be hair.
A former public speaker hosting a demon.
Played by Sana.
- The Alcoholic: Kemal drinks whenever he gets the chance, usually to allow Oculus to feed off his negative emotions.
- Alcoholic Parent: Kemal drinks quite a bit, and he takes care of his sister's daughter, Esme.
- Demonic Possession: Possessed by a demon named Oculus, who feeds off negative emotions.
- Mismatched Eyes: One normal eye, one completely white.
- Papa Bear: He may not be Esme's birth father, but he will defend her to the end.
- Perma-Stubble: Seems to never be fully shaven.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Manages to take this position immediately after Mary-Jane.
- Sharing a Body: With Oculus. When Oculus is let out, the thorns around his throat float off into rings.
- Symbiotic Possession: Kemal gives Oculus negative emotions to eat, and Oculus gives Kemal... what, exactly?
A former fighter, now agent of the DoCA. Used to date Bloom.
Played by Kody.
- Action Girl: She's always right in the middle of the action.
- Amazonian Beauty: Big, buff, strong, and beautiful.
- Blood Magic: Sacha can manipulate her blood and use it to fight, making blades, shields, or whatever suits her at the time.
- Muscles Are Meaningful: Buff and tough.
A former assassin who joined the Merry Mages and is now a member of DoCA.
Played by Cen.
- Beneath the Mask: Gwen puts on a nonchalant and indifferent facade, but inside she struggles a lot with her past, identity, and feelings.
- Covered with Scars: Gwen is covered head to toe in scars of all kinds, all acquired from her hellish training. They're hardly noticed, however, since she always covers every inch of her skin.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She was previously an assassin, and would have gone on with that line of work had it not been for the Merry Mages and their interference in her life.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": 'Gwen' is not her real name. She abandoned her given name as she abandoned her old life as an assassin.
- Hartman Hips: Gwen is very curvy, and her bodysuit emphasizes this.
- Important Haircut: Gwen shaved the side of her head when she left her life as an assassin.
- Invisibility: Gwen's Stealth and Warp tags allow her to turn (basically) invisible.
- Mysterious Past: Gwen is very secretive about her past. The Merry Mages are the only people who know anything, so far.
- No Social Skills: Being raised in solitude isn't great for handling people.
- Poisonous Person: Gwen's skin and bodily fluids are poisonous, so she covers up as much of herself as possible so she doesn't accidentally hurt anyone.
- The Runaway: Ran away from her Pita to join the Merry Mages and change her ways.
- The Sneaky Guy: Gwen is often tasked with opening locked doors or sneaking inside buildings for the team.
- Training from Hell: Gwen endured extremely harsh training in assassination and poison.
- Tsundere: Sherwood? There's no way Gwen likes him! B-baka. Spoiler alert: She likes him. Though she would loathe to admit it.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Gwen almost killed Sirius when they slapped Sherwood. She would never admit it, though.
A motherly avian that often brings her child (who is probably half-demon), Cub, to work.
Played by Celyn.
- Formulaic Magic: Hajar works with sigils, and needs to be specific about them. While she's limited in what she can do, when she's able to work her magic she's quite powerful.
- Fragile Speedster: Hajar is fast and versatile, but she isn't a very defensive fighter and can't take many hits.
- Hair Decorations: A cute little bow.