With many regulars in the chat, it's a sure bet that #BChat has a metric ton of characters.
- Berserk Button: Don't call him a bunny.
- Cool Sword
- Heroic Neutral
- Metamorphosis: Permanently transformed into a Pooka like all the other survivors of Valentine.
- Only Sane Man: Prompted him to leave the Mansion temporarily when he was unable to handle the kind of wackiness that occurred there.
Amber — Some sort of werewolf, she's in charge of the dimensional policing agency team Chaotic Justice.
- The Chosen One - Selected to wield a magic sword by a nearly omnicient being
- Super Strength
- Tranquil Fury
- Awesome, but Impractical: He is capable of regenerating lost body parts by ingesting something flammable, and then setting himself on fire.
- Our Vampires Are Different: But we'll never know how.
- The Mad Hatter:
Azure — A masked painter who actively goes out of his way to get people to leave him alone.
- Art Initiates Life: His most prized possession is a special set of paint, the origins of which have yet to be satisfactorily explained.
- The Comically Serious
- Loners Are Freaks: Amidst the hustle and bustle of the Mansion, he always keeps to himself and wears a mask perpetually to shut people out.
- The Stoic
BabyCharmander — The owner of the Mansion. She's short-tempered, fiercely protective and very hot-headed.
- Drop the Hammer: The various incarnations of OSM.
- Easy Amnesia: Thus began the Pirate RP...
- Mama Bear: Entac learned this the hard way.
- Mascot: Of the entire chat.
- Superpowered Evil Side - DeathBabyCharmander
- Unstoppable Rage: RageBabyCharmander
- Verbal Tic: Her distinctive "mur".
Basil Glorifis — Scholar and government worker from the Tail Concerto universe, sent to investigate the existence of a possible artifact in the region.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Constantly at risk of becoming one like all of his player's other characters.
- Minored In Ass Kicking: Basil doesn't care to fight, but his book gives him plenty of ways to.
- Funny Animal
- Spell Book: Basil's only weapon, an ancient book with the spells and imprisoned souls of its prior owners.
- Stoic Spectacles
Bazzoka — He loves his bazooka and could be best described as a personification of the phrase WTF.
- Caffeine Bullet Time
- Chaotic Stupid
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: To a point. He isn't always insane and he can be smart sometimes.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Again, to a point.
BClone — An unexplained clone of BabyCharmander who is a little more terse and likely to eat things found under the couch.
Blue Indivar — A snarky, hotheaded swordsman who is never seen without his mask.
- Blessed with Suck: Of the Devil Fruit variety.
- Butt-Monkey: Several RPs have resulted in something bad happening to Blue, and other people don't let him forget it.
- Cool Swords: Two of them, one for hitting, one for throwing.
- Dual Wielding: Aaand sometimes he uses both swords at once.
- Expressive Mask
- Heroic Neutral: The best (and pretty much only) way to get Blue to act against you is to threaten his friends, his family, or his home.
- Superpower Meltdown: A bout of extreme self-doubt resulted in him learning so much magic his brain exploded. Not literally.
- Walking the Earth: Blue can't sit still for very long, and so as a result goes on swashbuckling adventures with some regularity.
- Winged Humanoid
- Wrestler in All of Us: Blue has started utilizing other combat styles after losing his magic.
Cassey — Mecha crazed, scientifically endowed, mostly stable catgirl.
Cole Essery — A young bard who also researches as a hobby. He has comprehensive notes on every resident of the Mansion thanks to his observations.
- Speech Impediment: Cole can't talk without stuttering and mumbling.
Diddgery — Oh my! Some sort of cute, brave, horned thing?
- Character Development: He started out as an annoying animal sidekick.
- Involuntary Shapeshifting: He recently acquired the ability to transform into a duck, but he isn't good at controlling it yet.
- Mascot: Of one of the regulars.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Duh.
- Tagalong Kid / Team Pet: Two for the price of one!
The Egg That Will Never Hatch Ever — Also known as Captain Twethen, this egg communicates through facial expressions and seems to be impervious to damage.
- Ensemble Dark Horse
- Five-Man Band: The Unbreakables
- Nigh-Invulnerability: A little bit Made of Diamond, a little bit Made Of Rubber.
- Obfuscating Stupidity
- Silent Bob: The Egg cannot speak and communicates entirely through facial expressions that can somehow be understood by other animate objects.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: The Unbreakables again.
- Informed Ability: Felrok knows how to fence, but has never demonstrated the skill.
- Knife Nut: More of a Dagger Nut, really.
- Nice Hat: It's actually a Nice Bandana, but still counts.
Flora — Flora exists so that the other residents have someone to hate.
- Karma Houdini: The things she gets away with sometimes...
- The Trickster: Also a Troll, as she just torments people for her own amusement.
Hypotenuse Man — An enigmatic robot with grand aspirations and his creator breathing down his neck.
- Ass Kicking Pose, Atlas Pose, Pose of Supplication, Pstandard Psychic Pstance, Thinker Pose, Victory Pose: His main offensive abilities are poses that affect the viewer in strange ways... That Came Out Wrong.
- Computer Voice
- Creepy Monotone
- Do-Anything Robot: His abilities tend to shift based on the situation.
- Easily Detachable Robot Parts: They attach with a specific kind of magnet, and are all interchangeable with each other.
- Everything Sensor: As seen below.
- Robo Cam
- The Stoic
Jason — An alien feline with aerokinetic powers, he's second in command of team Chaotic Justice.
- Calling Your Attacks - He doesn't need to, but he's watched far too much anime.
- Famous Ancestor
- Psychic Nosebleed
- The Chosen One
Kayla Renee/Blackthorne — A dragon who doesn't take anything from anybody. She's also fond of making things explode.
- Breath Weapon: Dragon form: large, can fly, and of course, breathes fire.
- Cute Bruiser: Though less powerful in her human form, she can still reduce a city to twisted metal and smoking concrete.
- Dark Action Girl: She puts Rat's Action Girl status to shame.
- Healing Factor: One of the things she uses her immense amount of energy for.
- Ki Manipulation: Her weapon of choice, her most favorite being huge beam attacks.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Blackthorne is a dragon crossbreed, which resulted in a mixed physical appearance, but an unequal mix of powers, due to an unplanned lack of training.
- Parental Abandonment: The fact that her parents were more like DNA donors didn't help.
Kuno — A construct formed from several different birds (and some others thrown in there for good measure), he's always ready to help out, even if he's not the most effectual.
- Break the Cutie: Let's see... Very little memory of his prior life/lives aside from how they ended (horribly)? Check. Fed to the wolves (almost literally)? Check. Separated from the few friends he'd made and the only home he's known? Check. And let's add a smashed-up wing to that, too!
- Iron Woobie: He's like the freaking Energizer Bunny, if the Energizer Bunny attracted bad luck like moths to a flame.
- Least Is First: Both the Corporate Takeover event and the setup RP the day before it; Kuno was the first to offer to help Hypotenuse Man, no questions asked and despite being fully aware that he's useless.
- Mix-and-Match Critter
- Soul Jar: Sort of; his body is the jar, and the person whom the soul belonged to was already dead at the time. Breaking the bond holding his soul to his body might kill him instantly (he's not particularly interested in testing this, for obvious reasons).
- The Woobie: Almost, anyway. Sort of.
Lyrra — A sentient shadow who is mostly content to be extremely snarky.
- Break the Haughty - He's been unable to manipulate shadows very well since being shot with a laser by Mr. Stone. Ironically, it was while he was trying to help the others.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Deadpan Snarker - All. The. Time.
- Elemental RockPaperScissors - Being a shadow, light hurts him.
- Good Is Not Nice - Lyrra is perfectly capable of being polite and considerate, even gentle when he wants to be, as shown by his conversations with Alistair. He just normally doesn't want to be.
- Hidden Depths - Both in the metaphorical and literal senses. Did you know that your shadow is a gateway to another level of existence, by the way?
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Living Shadow
- Voluntary Shapeshifting - Lyrra and his relatives can all do this to some extent.
The Men's Room Sign is an animate bathroom sign brought to life by magic.
- Five-Man Band: Part of The Unbreakables.
- Silent Bob
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Again, The Unbreakables.
- Talking with Signs: Quite literally.
Morrie — An ex-brigand with some... issues who tries to avoid the past.
- Belated Backstory
- Cool Sword
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Journey to Find Oneself / Redemption Quest: He left the #BChat Mansion because he didn't feel ready to confront Tanner yet. He came back and it didn't really help much.
- Orphan's Ordeal: He actually is quite similar to Tanner in some respects.
- Parental Abandonment: As far as he knows, they're dead.
- Put on a Bus: Twice now!
- The Atoner
- Tragic Hero
'Nigma — A shapeshifting embodiment of the unknown.
- Body Horror: 'Nigma once turned into a duplicate of Snowblarg right in front of him...and then melted. (Try not to think about the implications of that too hard.) It can also have some very...interesting mood swings.
- Involuntary Shapeshifting: 'Nigma has interesting mood swings.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Into just about anything, in fact.
Pitch — A giant mech who refuses to work for anyone but his Primary User Cassey.
Revor Alfrey — A mage who, after an unfortunate encounter with a werewolf, contracted lycanthropy himself.
- Character Development: Comparing how he acted in his first RP to the most recent one.. yeah.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He studies dark magic.
- Instant Runes: Some of his spells.
- Involuntary Shapeshifting: Without his amulet, this happens on full moons.
- Magic Pants
- Mode Lock: For a short time Revor was stuck in his wolf form. This can happen if his amulet is removed while he is in wolf form.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Revor's wolf form isn't anthropomorphic, and his transformation can be controlled.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Averted; Revor has glowing red eyes but is, by all accounts, sociable and mild-mannered.
- Robe and Wizard Hat: More like a Robe and Wizard Hood.
Ryker Solsby — A ghost who, after meeting his end by execution, took up residence at the Mansion.
- Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts: This is pretty much what he did in the Pirates RP.
- Dead Person Conversation: Every conversation with Ryker.
- Ghostly Goals: Ryker had them, then he mellowed out.
- I Won't Say I'm Guilty: Ryker died due to being found guilty for a crime he wouldn't plead guilty to.
Shara — A meek, unassuming magic-user who draws power from Lyrra.
- Friend to All Living Things: Well, she doesn't get swarmed by animals wherever she goes, but she has got the personality down.
Snowblarg — A rare type of Blargg who is loud-mouthed, opinionated, and generally a nuisance.
- An Ice Person
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Snowblarg is a self-described "atheist and skeptic" in a world where angels, demons, ghosts, and all other sorts of supernatural creatures show up on a day-to-day basis.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows
- Drop-In Character
- No Indoor Voice
- Third-Person Person: Regularly switches in and out of the third person, to the point where he could refer to himself as "I" and "Snowblarg" in the same sentence.
Tanner — Best described as "life's punching bag," Tanner seems to have at least found a niche at the Mansion.
- Belated Backstory: When he first showed up in the Pirate RP, he was a lot more talkative and cheery. Now, not so much. Could also be Character Development.
- Blade on a Stick: Tanner is rarely seen without his spear, but he rarely uses it in combat.
- Break the Cutie: His life in a nutshell, and it hasn't been getting any better.
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Demonic Possession: Fairly recently, with an added Angelic Possession. Results include:
- Harmful to Minors: He has Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder for a reason.
- Orphan's Ordeal: See above.
- Orphan's Plot Trinket: Again, his spear.
- Parental Abandonment: His parents are dead.
- The Woobie: According to everyone else.
Vernard Garrett Justice — A Draigon (as he calls himself) with a hidden past and unusual abilities. Better known as VGJustice or just VGJ.
- Author Avatar: Only without the Author's Message.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- My God, What Have I Done?
- Reality Warper
Weilic Undial — A Rodian doctor with a short fuse and a fondness for hypodermics.
- Ace Pilot: Apparently, Weilic's awesome in a frigate or fighter.
- Belated Backstory
- Cool Ship: The Savyor.
- Heal Thyself: Stimpacks seem to be his quick answer for any damage.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Weilic's white eyes mean he's gone berserk, not exactly physically, but mentally.
- Walk It Off: Let's see, a fireball to the back, a cannonball to his front, getting kicked in the stomach, a too-close-for-comfort explosion, and taking a serious burn to the face, yet Weilic somehow continued on in the Heartless Invasion. (This may be excused by high pain tolerance, but not to that point.)
Windy Rat — A shapeshifter who happens to be BabyCharmander's best friend.
- Action Girl
- Badass Normal: In the original storyverse, particularly the second book, she doesn't have the array of useful abilities her other companions have.
- Chaotic Good: Personality aside, she planet-hops, so ignorance of countless law structures is more of a side effect than anything.
- Parental Abandonment: Subverted; she was raised by a single father, but her mother was gone before Rat could remember. Also possibly subverted somewhat for the entire Nearian species, because of their overall short life span.
- Razor Wind: Her Wind Rend attack.
- The Chosen One: Of her home planet, at least.
Yue Usagi — An assassin rabbit thing with a great deal of skill with knives.
- Action Girl
- Badass Normal
- Intergenerational Friendship: Cassey
- Kill Me Now, or Forever Stay Your Hand
- Knife Nut
- Why Did It Have To Be Spiders
Zene Tyler — A frank and energetic winged girl who stakes out the Mansion, watching for suspicious activity.
- He Is Not My Husband: Zene and Blue are...interesting.
- The Speechless: Zene was originally mute; she usually made herself understood via gestures and sign language
- Stationary Wings: averted; she can soar if she has the height and space, but aside from that she generally needs to flap her wings at least a little.
- Winged Humanoid
Zeo — First of his species, he is generally calm and collected while being deeply thoughtful. Not always a nice guy, though.
The rogues gallery:
- Affably Evil
- Alas, Poor Villain: Oh yes.
- Creepy Monotone: He lost it in the end, before his death.
- Friendly Enemy
- I Cannot Self-Terminate: Executed by Weilic.
- The Fatalist
- The Heartless: Obviously.
- Tin Man: He gets all emotional at the end and was fairly regretful the entire time.
Entac the Calamari — The Big Bad of the Pirate RP. A squid fishman with a dangerous pirate crew, Entac and his crewmates caused all sorts of trouble over the course of the RP. And then he kidnapped BabyCharmander's children... Naturally, he was soundly defeated.
Lash — The CEO of CombinaCo. She loves making money and has incredibly far-reaching goals, and she doesn't care who she steps on in the process. Currently a Nobody.
- Badass in a Nice Suit
- Corrupt Corporate Executive
- For Science!: Despite her greed, she does a lot of things out of genuine scientific curiosity.
- Mad Scientist
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Not one herself, but she is quite fond of making them.
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate
- Teleport Spam: Since becoming a Nobody.
- The Heartless: Well, the Nobody, but still.
Mr. Thratch and Mr. Stone — Workers at CombinaCo. They're always seen together, and Lash tends to use them as gophers. They're both very intelligent, though Thratch may be a bit more so, being the man behind Hypotenuse Man.
- Artificial Limbs: Mr. Thratch, after experimentation, now has these.
- BFG: Mr. Stone's weapon of choice.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Mr. Stone.
- Cyborg: Mr. Thratch.
- Genius Bruiser: Also Mr. Stone. He's very smart, even if he doesn't seem like it.
- Mister X and Mister Y: They are an inseparable duo with this naming pattern.
- Punch-Clock Villain: Both Mr. Thratch and Mr. Stone are just doing what Lash tells them to do.
Vahrokh — Asotoku's archnemesis and a Marine Captain, Vahrokh has a rather skewed view of justice. He's capable of transforming into a shark or a shark-human hybrid thanks to a Devil Fruit he ate. Hasn't appeared since the Pirate RP, for various reasons.
Zachu — A bounty hunter with ridiculous tenacity and a temper liable to violate several fire safety regulations.