Due to TV Tropes's spoiler policy, beware of unmarked spoilers!
- All-Loving Hero: Overall a pleasant group of Ayakashi who will not bear a grudge against anyone who shows guilt for their actions. For the ones who don't, however...
- Badass Crew: A bunch of Ayakashi who routinely go against powerful magical foes summoned by a nefarious Onmyouji.
- Beware the Nice Ones: They're a friendly and cheerful bunch. But if you mess with their group, be you a normal person or a magically-empowered wraith, don't think you're getting off light.
- Character Development: The cast has undergone character development as the series has gone on, including you. You have become more assertive, Koga less arrogant, more caring and more genuinely confident (rather than mere bravado), Kuya more willing to get his wings dirty, Ginnojo less socially awkward, and more confident, Aoi being kinder and more intelligent, and even Yura has had more of his character revealed.
- Circle of Friendship: Essentially. The five Ayakashi shielding you with one of these is how they tapped into it in the first place.
- Dynamic Character: Most stories feature them growing as characters, and it mostly sticks for future episodes.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: All of them feature this in some way.
- Fire-Forged Friends: While all the Ayakashi had some knowledge of the others' existence beforehand, and some were explicitly shown to have known each other (such as Koga knowing Yura), it's also implied that some of them wouldn't have associated with each other prior to the series (such as Koga and Ginnojo), so for most of them, their first significant activity together was hunting down wraiths together with you.
- Hidden Depths: One of the greatest things about this cast is the fact that they all have different dimensions to their personalities.
- Humble Hero: They are perfectly aware they save the Capital from powerful threats on a regular basis, but they never brag about their deeds and always do it out of sheer love for their city, family and friends. Rather than being celebrated for their exploits, they would rather hang out and have a good time together like the True Companions they are, even if Koga does have the occasional Glory Seeker moment.
- Limited Wardrobe: Their everyday clothes are always the same. However, we see them in plenty of other get-ups, including formal wear, their battle outfits and nightwear in the story and at some cards.
- Mr. Vice Guy: All the main characters are supposed to have both flaws and strengths. Many of the flaws are more weaknesses than vices, and/or clearly the less dominant side of the character, but some fit this trope:
- Koga has a very headstrong attitude, often making him brash, insensitive and prideful. However, he is also determined, an extremely loyal friend and a rather good jester.
- Aoi is very neighbourly, hard working and altruistic with a high moral code. However he could also be very prideful, which could make him confrontational, self righteous and incredibly stubborn when crossed. His care for his friends also makes him very reliable, but it also exacerbates his flaws since he has enormous fears of having anything bad happen to them or letting them down.
- Kuya's main flaw is that he's lazy, and there is a lot of effort needed for getting him to do something, which may not be worth it if you can also ask someone else who can also do the job just fine. But, like big cats sleep all day in order to hunt, he is an extremely competent fighter if stakes get high.
- Yura flat out refuses to adapt to society and continuously speaks in Shakespearean English which is understood by the rest just fine, but may be a pain to read and sometimes you and the cast wish 'speak normal already', especially if it's about something important like the emblems and he keeps beating around the bush. That said, he is also your best guide considering Akiyasu's nature and has a lot of knowledge left from 1000 years ago.
- Ginnojo starts out as very socially awkward, and has a dark past he does not want to dip into but is forced to. This occasionally creates a gap between him and the rest of the faction as shown when he goes into the night in order to kill someone related to an opium syndicate. But you remind him always of your friendship and he has been the catalyst for Aoi to work his powers more than once.
- Voiced by: Jun FukuyamaThis is fate. Come to me if you need help.
Height: 180 cm
Birthday: May 7
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Type: Oni (鬼)
Likes: Getting rowdy
Dislikes: Knowing an outcome
- Alliterative Name: Koga Kitamikado.
- Cool Big Bro: Explicitly stated to be one, and Aoi says that he has this method of getting people to come together. He's one for the entire Capital as well, regularly resolving conflicts on a daily basis.
- Does Not Like Spam: Peaches in his case. The story of Momotarou may have something to do with it.
- Department of Redundancy Department: He's described in the English version as an "oni ogre." If you translated "oni" as "ogre," he'd be called an "ogre ogre."
- Katanas Are Just Better: His Weapon of Choice.
- Oni: His species, but the full extent of his powers are unknown since he usually just uses his sword to clobber wraiths with. He's once seen with longer, white hair instead of black, and although MC tries asking him about it, he's purposefully avoiding it because it's his Power Incontinence. Other than that, he's a pretty standard Oni minus the malevolence, with red theme coloring, and the ox/tiger association (horns like an ox, and in battle form he gains stripes in his hair).
- Power Incontinence: The true nature of the carnage. In that form, he loses his mind and attacks anyone nearby. It was with this that he accidentally killed Masanobu's older brother.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Hot pot.
- Tsurime Eyes
- Voiced by: Takuma TerashimaWell, whatever. I'll give it my best shot.
Height: 170 cm
Birthday: July 16
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Job: Writer (allegedly)
Type: Tengu (烏天狗)
Likes: Oji's rice omelet
Dislikes: Things that require effort
- Animal Motifs: Birds, of course. He wears an earring in the shape of a golden feather in both human and magical form, his battle outfit features a wing pattern, and his fan has a yatagarasu on it if you look closely.
- Blow You Away: When he's really annoyed or he's in danger, he'll use this power. Simply opening and closing his fan real fast can cause a wind that can knock a grown man off his feet.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: This is the exact reason why Aoi doesn't get along with him. He's pretty competent with that figure of his plus having the extra profit of being able to fly, but mostly he's just slacking off.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Judging by Ayakashi's small tumblr following, he seems to be one, as his flat responses to questions (as seen in Milk Hall and in the story) and his perpetual laziness are relatable to a huge number of people.
- Informed Ability: He says that he's a writer. When asked for examples, he lists stories that already exist.
- When asked to write a script to a play in the Essays in Indolence event story, he tries to get out of it by saying hes not a writer anymore. At the end of it, he does try to actually read a book, even though hes reading upside down.
- Lazy Bum: Good job getting him to actually do anything.
- Tengu: His species, and he retains their wind-manipulating powers. Other than that, he can pass as a Winged Humanoid but still unusual.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Oji's rice omelets.
- Voiced by: Takuma NagatsukaWe meet again. How mysterious fate is...
Height: 167 cm
Birthday: September 25 (older)
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Type: Tsukumogami - Dragon Flute (付喪神 - 龍笛)
- Animate Inanimate Object: He was a dragon flute thousands of years ago, and eventually gained a spirit.
- Born in the Wrong Century: Literally the case. He's actually older than many rocks, and he flat out refuses to adapt to society.
- Brown Note: What his Song of Death uses.
- Dark and Troubled Past: In his side-story, he's forced to dip into it. This causes his route to be seen as a Wham Episode by many.
- Friend to All Living Things: He would like to be this; he does love animals and the feeling is mutual. Unfortunately, he has to keep killing animals with his Song of Death so that his curse won't kill Gaku.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: In his battle form.
- Magic Music: Produced by his flute, though due to his curse he can only play the Song of Death.
- Sweet Tooth: To an extreme extent; sweets are all he eats and he tends to eat tons of them at once. In contrast, his brother prefers spicy food.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Youkan, translated in the English version as sweet-bean jelly.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: Continuously speaks in Shakespearean English.
- In the Essays in Indolence event story, Teru comments on it, saying that he talks so funny, and that he sounds like he's 1000 year old or something. After she remarks that, the music immediately changes from the jazzy Milk Hall theme to a somewhat awkward sounding melody.
- Voiced by: Shun HorieI guess I don't mind lending you a hand.
Height: 175 cm
Birthday: February 23
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Job: Art Student
Type: Satori Seer (覚)
Likes: Human Art
- Break Them by Talking: Uses it twice in his route, attempting to know the reason why the art student's heart is a hex in itself, and to exorcise the wraith out of Akiyasu.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Implied to be his fate in every. single. route. that does not feature him as love interest. That's right - he's been loving you since a millennium now, and in every route where you do not romance him, he has to watch you walk away, hand in hand, with someone else again.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: So much that Koga mistook him for a girl when they first met, an incident Aoi won't let him forget. In fact, he has a sister.
- The Gunslinger: He uses a gun as his Weapon of Choice, which seems to be firing special magic-resistant bullets of sorts.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Although he usually keeps it braided. See his battle form for its full glory.
- Meaningful Name: The word used for his name refers to a specific plant often confused for the hollyhock, and his past self wears a similar motif that also refers to his love for MC.
- Seers: As a Satori, he has the power to peer into hearts and minds. When you find a wounded dog, he is the first person you go to. He's expressed annoyance with this.
- Supreme Chef: His cooking skills are top-notch, as Ginnojo attests.
- Tsundere: Justified, look at Did Not Get the Girl above.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Oji. Oji is in-name-only the owner of Milk Hall, as Aoi does the cooking, cleaning and the service. However, he has nowhere else to go and Oji is helpless without Aoi.
- Voiced by: Yuichiro UmeharaIf you need my strength, know that I am ready for any fight.
Height: 177 cm
Birthday: July 31
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Job: Book Lender
Type: Mizuchi (蛟)
Likes: People with convictions
Dislikes: Hunger, the cold
- Arch-Enemy: Kagemaru's in the Dawn chapter.
- Big Eater: When it's about Aoi's curry, he can pack bowl after bowl of the stuff as attested here.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He has something to do with an old military group, as Kagemaru points out. His route reveals it was the Shinsengumi.
- Department of Redundancy Department: He's described in the English version as a "mizuchi dragon." "Mizuchi" already refers to a type of water dragon in Japanese, so he's basically called a "water dragon dragon."
- Making a Splash: As a water serpent, he has the power to manipulate water in any kind of way he wants. And unlike some examples, he doesn't even need to be near water for this to work.
- The Stoic: A bit like Shizuki, with the vast difference that if he has his heart set on something, he won't hesitate to break this behavior. Surprises he genuinely doesn't expect like contact with women, just about everything Kuro thinks of, and Akiyasu getting possessed by the very wraith he was trying to summon over the course of one and a half book definately breaks it.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Aoi's cutlet curry.
- Tsurime Eyes
- Voiced by: Kenji NojimaI wonder if you can handle me, human.
Height: 177 cm
Birthday: January 14
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Type: Kitsune (妖狐)
Likes: Fried things (shh...)
Dislikes: Perceptive people
- Department of Redundancy Department: He's described in the English version as a "kitsune fox." "Kitsune" is Japanese for "fox," so he's being called a "fox fox."
- Kitsune: Is one, and retains his trickster nature even in human form.
- Playing with Fire: He uses flames to fight, though they can do other stuff besides burn their target. They're probably "fox's wedding lights" (kitsune no yomeiri).
- Voiced by: Shinnosuke TachibanaI am at your service, should you require it.
Height: 180 cm
Birthday: January 11
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Type: Yuki-Onna (雪女)
Likes: Rakugo comedy, Booze
Dislikes: Heat, wasted time
- An Ice Person: He's a Yuki-Onna (Yuki-Otoko?? See below) with ice powers and he is very focused at the task at hand. In one of the patrol chats, he forbids you to interfere with a non-wraith hooligan fight.
- Emotionless Guy: Shizuki's affect is pretty... flat, and he doesn't understand why seeing people get hurt unrelated to wraiths would make him feel bad.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: He usually keeps it in a ponytail, though in his battle form it's loose.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: In his mundane sprites it's a darker blue.
- Yuki-onna: His species, however, on the official material it is spelled as 雪男, yuki-otoko.
- Voiced by: Yoshiki NakajimaI'm gonna keep you safe. You can count on me!
Height: 172 cm
Birthday: May 24
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Job: Circus Performer
Type: ?????? (see tropes)
Likes: Foreign things
Dislikes: Being alone
- Animal Motifs: Snakes. His weapon is a whip that resembles them, and his previous incarnation has two around him as seen here◊. His battle form also features ropes.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: 'Red Wolf'.
- Cuddle Bug: Has a tendency to hug a stranger who seems like a friend (like you) immediately.
- The Cutie: So much that his shame over the type of Ayakashi he is is absolutely heartbreaking, not to mention the soldier who yells "Monster!" at him.
- Foreshadowing: It is very strange that, while Kuro is surrounded by snake motifs, that his name refers to an entirely different animal. But this is in line with his nature as a Nue - a Mix-and-Match Critter!
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: His mullet is frequently commented upon in the fandom. You'll know why he has it if you look at his true form.
- The Nicknamer: Calles Ginnojo 'Gin-Gin', Shizuki 'Shizzy', etc. He even calls Toichiro 'Toto'.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Wants to give everyone a hug when meeting them. Lampshaded in this comic.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: His nature as a Nue essentially makes him this.
- Spell My Name with an "S": His name can also be rendered Kurou.
- Odd Friendship: Is friends with Ginnojo. Yes, that Ginnojo.
- The Reveal: He's a Nue (鵺), a beast best comparable with a Chimaera.
- Walking Spoiler: If we told more about him, we'd spoil a lot.
- What, Exactly, Is His Job?: No one knows what type of Ayakashi he is and he refuses to say it. This proved to be a source of speculation prior to the reveal of his true form - a Nue.
- Whip It Good: His Weapon of Choice.
- Voiced by: Yoshimasa HosoyaHey there, Bright Eyes! Need my help, do ya'?
Height: 187 cm
Birthday: April 11
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Job: Raccord Owner
Type: 100-eyed Demon (百目鬼)
Likes: Pretty ladies
- Casting a Shadow: His main power.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: He's implied to have 100 eyes scattered over his entire body, and each of them have a special power.
- Nice Guy: He's hospitable enough to let you stay in Raccord in Aoi's route. He isn't too shabby and maybe too nice, as it makes him forget his duties.
- One-Note Cook: The only thing he can make really well are rice omelets, which is why he lets Aoi cook everything else.
- Punny Name: His name, Oji (that is written with the kanji for 'sakura' and 'time'), can also be rendered as 'old man', which is what the characters (and mainly Aoi) refers him as.
- The Scapegoat: In Twilight Book I. He is arrested for "causing" the red-eye scare because he was walking at night alone, and the government needed to blame someone. Everyone who knows Oji knows there's no way he would be behind something like that.
- Third-Person Person: Yeah. Tangentially related to Punny Name above.
- Voiced by: Sho NogamiFinally, I've been waiting. Is my brother here?
Height: 167 cm
Birthday: September 25 (younger)
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Type: Tsukumogami - Drum (付喪神 - 鼓)
Likes: His brother
- Animate Inanimate Object: Like Yura, he used to be an object before gaining a soul.
- Does Not Like Spam: He doesn't like sweets, in contrast to his brother.
- Magic Music: Produced by his drum. It can do many things, such as exorcise wraiths or heal people like Mototaka.
- Older Than He Looks: MC comments on him and his brother looking like they just turned 18 and worries about their hardship of blending in into town. However, he says that their appearances are the least of their worries since he can turn into a drum and his brother can turn into a flute.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cake and wasabi.
- Voiced by: Yuki OnoI'm always happy to help you out! You know that.
Age: 15 (physically)
Height: 170 cm
Birthday: August 25
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Job: Your Cat
Type: Nekomata (猫又)
- Butt-Monkey: Comes with being the youngest cast member.
- Department of Redundancy Department: He's described in the English version as a "nekomata cat spirit." "Nekomata" already refers to a type of cat youkai, so he's being called a "cat youkai cat spirit."
- Nekomata: His species, important to consider when calculating his age below.
- Older Than He Looks: He appears 15, but it's implied that he has been with you ever since your previous life...about a century ago. note
- Trademark Favorite Food: Sardines.
- Tsurime Eyes
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He hates water, not only because he's a cat, but also because it forces him to change into his cat form. He hasn't found a way to circumvent it as of now.
- Voiced by: Tsubasa YonagaI'm gonna get as wild as I want. Ya' don't mind, right?
Height: 180 cm
Birthday: October 12
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Type: Jorogumo (女郎蜘蛛)
Likes: The Strong
Dislikes: The Weak
- The Alcoholic: If his Milk Hall conversations are anything to go by.Kagemaru: Talk about borin. Where's the booze at?
- All Webbed Up: His main power.
- Arachnid Appearance and Attire: His kimono has a spider web on it, and his battle outfit features multiple of them and looks like it's woven together too.
- Arch-Enemy: Ginnojo's in the Dawn chapter.
- Arc Villain: Main antagonist of the Twilight chapter.
- The Dragon: To Akiyasu in the Dawn chapter.
- It's All About Me: Considers himself the very embodiment of beauty.
- Mood-Swinger: If you admit to above point and say he's the personification of beauty, he'll go a bit easier on you. However, no matter how content he may seem, he is still a powerful Spider Spirit, so one should never let their guard down.
- Spiders Are Scary: He's pretty unpleasant to be around if you don't comprehend him.
- The Tease: He'll offer some rather suggestive lines in some patrol chats, and tells you that you're free to come back and let him tie you up any time.
- Voiced by: Ryohei KimuraI'm so happy I found you! ...you have no idea.
Height: 177 cm
Birthday: June 10
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Job: Onmyouji (陰陽師)
Likes: Studying (Divine arts/History)
Dislikes: All animals
Unmarked spoilers for the end of Dawn Book I
- Arc Villain: Main antagonist of the Dawn chapter.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: He initially seems to wear an equally white and black diviner's robe, but the story's sprites never reach further than the thighs. Underneath that, he wears a black coat - and it is really black. Represents the terrifying, malevolent darkness he's been hiding under a benevolent smile.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: He brought the wraiths in the Capital, is the one responsible for the placement of the hex totems and the talismans, never did something himself and always caused other people to be possessed (including Masanobu). Yet, he does a good job hiding it under his shy nature.
- Akiyasu's sanity may not all be that stable, as he displays over-exaggerated face expressions when he reveals his true colors, and has a egoistical personality as his underlying motivation is the revival of his father. He also has a morbid fascination with black magic and seems to take delight in when people get hurt - as evidenced by his lack of shame when using his talisman to possess Masanobu.
- Chekhov's Gunman: He's the Fox-Faced Fiend, the one who's behind the wraith scourge.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Like the description says, he is initially introduced as a very shy man who can keep on rambling about the Divine Arts well until it's night. He is very powerful (something even Kagemaru admits) and by using a combination of his power and trickery, is capable of defeating his opponents and coming close to killing you.
- Evil Sounds Deep: His default voicebits as used in the early story and in the rest of the game outside of the story, are just slightly high-pitched, but when he reveals his true self, they turn into a lower growl that best belongs to a nightmare.
- Exact Words: Akiyasu said that he tries to be more like his father, a great diviner who he admires. However, he didn't say that his father has long passed away.
- Hidden Villain: His magic caused the wraith scourge in the Capital.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: He (at least, in Aoi's route) eventually gets posessed by the very wraith he was trying so hard to summon over the course of one and a half books, after it's exorcised out of you. Proves that Evil Is Not a Toy. Ginnojo is visibly surprised, and he shows a brief surprise as well, implying this was genuinely not what he meant to do.
- Even before that, this trope is already in action (but on a passive scale). His attempts to 'cultivate' you into a powerful Onmyouji diviner not only leads to you realizing that you and the others represent each of the contracters from a millennium ago, but also allows you to befriend the others and actually be able to use the emblems forged so long ago.
- Foreshadowing: Look at what he is holding in that image of his battle form. What is causing the wraith scourge again? Exactly.
- The Svengali: Natch! He fits the mold of a figure who acts like a teacher to an unsuspecting student. Later it's even revealed that the only reason he befriended you in the first place is that you make an excellent sacrifice. In Aoi's route it's shown that it could be so much worse, if you never met Aoi, he'd be using More Than Mind Control on you and it has grown to such a point that he is an Evil Mentor by then.
- Walking Spoiler: It's pretty hard to talk about him without spoiling the end of the first Dawn book. This is the reason why his folder has been set to have spoilers removed.
- Yandere: Shades of this.
- Voiced by: Daiki HamanoIf it's for my country, I'll gladly volunteer my services.
Height: 182 cm
Birthday: March 22
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Likes: Rice & Miso soup
- All There in the Manual: He's stated to have a bad fashion sense, but in the story itself, he's never seen wearing anything but his military uniform. In this comic, however, it's elaborated on.
- In a patrol chat the monstrosity's colors are revealed◊. It has to be seen to be believed.
- Does Not Like Spam: He cant stand milk. However, he believes he should appreciate other cultures and forces himself to drink it anyway.
- Flat-Earth Atheist: Doesn't believe that Ayakashi exist, while being surrounded by them.
- Military Uniforms Are The New Black: As is said before, never seen in anything but his uniform. Which may be for the better.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Traditional Japanese food.
- Voiced by: Yuki KajiThere you are... We meet at last.
Height: 185 cm
Birthday: June 26
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Type: Vampire (吸血鬼)
Dislikes: Things done by half measures
- Captain Obvious: Him being a vampire becomes as clear as day when you pay attention to several of his cards (under which his battle outfit and his awakened card), some of his lines speaking about staying in because of sunlight) and his Live3D model when he's in battle form.
- Cute Little Fangs: Pay attention to his Live3D model (the one with red eyes).
- Historical Domain Character: He seems to be based on the historical Lafcadio Hearn, whose pen name was Yakumo Koizumi. He was also a professor who wrote ghost stories.
- Meaningful Name: The characters in his last name mean "eight" (八) and "cloud" (雲) respectively. Yakumo is said to be literally the first poem in Japanese ever written (by Susanoo himself, no less). Extremely roughly translated, it goes: "From eight rising clouds I build a wondrous eightfold fence in Izumo to contain my divine bride; oh wondrous eightfold fence."
- Our Vampires Are Different: A traditional Asian example. Very pretty, light hair, light skin and red eyes.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: It's a mere indicator of his less than human nature, and if you pay attention, they'll change to blue on some sprites.
- Walking Spoiler: If we went into the reason why he has Cute Little Fangs and red eyes, we'd stop talking.
- Yandere: If this comic is any indication...If only I could trap her in a cage and keep her with me.
- Action Girl: The game is explicitly marketed as having this being a trait of the Player Character, and she's prepared to get into a fight and can save her own skin if the situation is right.
- All-Loving Hero: Would lay her life down for not only the Capital, but also the friends she made while she was in there.
- Angsty Surviving Twin: She was a twin.
- Cool Pet: A nekomata, although she wasn't initially aware of it and said nekomata is implied to have been a normal cat in her previous life.
- Dual Wielding: If you see her Kagura bell wand as a weapon. Well, there are two factions consisting of five Ayakashi, aren't there...?
- The Heart: She consciously brings together the Dawn faction by befriending them and sharing a meal with them.
- Player Character: And a fierce one at that.
- Voiced by: Tetsuya Kakihara
Height: 180 cm
Birthday: November 25
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Job: A Major in the Imperial Army
Likes: Lively people & places
Dislikes: N/A (He's never taken the time to think about it)
- Voiced by: Hidenori Takahashi
The heroines father.
- Disney Death: At the end of Dawn Book I. He takes a hex meant for his daughter and believes hes dying, and in every Dawn Book II other than Kogas, Akiyasu and Kagemaru lie to the heroine that he has died. For much of the routes, she believes it, though in his Book II Ginnojo figures out pretty quickly that Mototaka may still be alive. Hes always rescued at or near the routes end.
- Shoo the Dog: In Twilight Book I. Toichiro makes sure he's sent away on business to Europe so the heroine won't have to worry about him getting hurt.
- Tareme Eyes
The Onmyoji who put the hex on Yura.
- Creepy Doll: He lived 1,000 years ago, so his human body is long dead. The one he's in now is made of clay.
- Historical Domain Character: The historical Doman Ashiya was the rival of the famous historical onmyouji Abe no Seimei. Doman even mentions Abe no Seimei In-Universe.
- Sadist: Boy, is he ever. He likes taunting Yura about the fact that he must kill animals to keep Gaku alive. He also seems delighted when Gaku lies dying, and encourages Yura to kill the heroine, all so Yura will suffer no matter what.
- Tsurime Eyes