For other Avenger character pages sorted by decade they joined, see here.
Triathlon / 3-D Man
Delroy Garrett Jr. was an Olympic sprinter destined for the gold. So driven was he to win, he started taking steroid supplements. Soon after he was discovered and banned from competing, and was stripped of all his medals. Distraught and directionless, he wandered aimlessly through life until happening upon a religious group called the Triune Understanding. They gave Delroy the direction he so desperately sought, while also mysteriously helping unlock the amazing power within him. He became Triathlon, and soon after joined the Avengers.
- Affirmative Action Legacy: Of the first 3-D Man, who was white.
- Angry Black Man: Initially
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: None of the new/younger heroes he meets (including fellow former Avengers like Rage) show him any of the "respect for seniority" that he feels he deserves post-Avengers.
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: They initially assisted him in detecting Skrull impostors. Now, he doesn't need them anymore, learning to rely solely on his own abilities.
- Legacy Character: He's the second 3-D Man. He eventually starts going by that actual name when he joins the Agents of Atlas.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Whilst a member of The Initiative.
- The Strength of Ten Men: He has three times the physical abilities of a man in peak physical condition. His senses are enhanced by three as well.
- Super Senses
- Super Speed
Jack of Hearts
- Applied Phlebotinum: The "Zero Fluid"
- Batman Can Breathe in Space
- Blessed with Suck: He was a very powerful hero, but he never had full control over them, wearing special armor to contain them. In addition, half of his body turned purplish-black from direct exposure to "Zero Fluid".
- Combo Platter Powers: Flight, Concussive Blasts, Nigh-Invulnerability, Super Intelligence, Super Strength.
- Freak Lab Accident: How he got his powers.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half human, half-Contraxian
- Killed Off for Real / Last Stand: Due to Blessed With Suck above and being contained in one room 14 hours a day, he decides to go into space and explode killing himself and a murderer he takes along with him.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Depending on the Writer
- Power Incontinence
Captain Britain / Lionheart
- see the Captain Britain page
- see the Luke Cage page
- see the Wolverine page
- see The Sentry page
- Action Girl
- Badass Normal
- Disabled Love Interest: As a deaf woman not only does she count as this, she's dated blind lawyer, Matt Murdock.
- Disability Superpower
- Informed Flaw: Being deaf, she could only understand people when she read their lips. Recently this is not the case.
- Katanas Are Just Better: As Ronin
- Spicy Latina
- Twofer Token Minority: A Latina woman.
Amadeus Cho / The Hulk
Stature (Cassandra "Cassie" Lang)
- Affirmative Action Legacy
- Daddy's Girl
- Ill Girl: Initially had a heart condition.
- Killed Off for Real
- Legacy Character: She is the daughter of Scott Lang (also known as Ant-Man II). After his death, she turned to heroism and joined the Young Avengers.
- Psychoactive Powers: She grows when she gets angry and shrinks when she feels guilty.
- Size Shifter
Winter Soldier / Captain America
- see Bucky Barnes page