open/close all folders
- Adaptational Badass: She was a Spectre for roughly a century before she became Councilor, and a mercenary before that. And in her backstory, she was Aleena, an asari mercenary who went up against Wrex.
- Badass in Charge: She leads the Spectres, and was once one herself.
- Dark and Troubled Past:When she was studying law as a maiden, she was captured for four days by her teacher, Councilor Sparatus's ancestor. When he was done with her, she was dropped out of a car at 80 KPH, thirty feet above the ground, and her throat slit, but somehow survived. He escaped unpunished for the rest of his life, causing Tevos to devote a great deal of her time to destroying the Sparatus family as a mercenary and later a Spectre for revenge.
- Determinator: See how Sparatus's ancestor tried to kill her; she says she survived because she refused to die.
- Vengeance Feels Empty: When Tevos became Councilor, she continued her crusade against the Sparatus family by tormenting the current one, Arasthaes. When he finally confronted her about it, upon being told of what his ancestor did to her and possibly dozens of others, reported it to Palaven, causing an uproar among the Fifty Families. With the family's "good name" destroyed or seriously broken, she found that after she had gotten the family almost totally destroyed, she no longer wanted revenge. And then she found herself falling in love with him.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Rho was able to Indoctrinate him via a quantum-entangled chip, causing his death.
- Adult Fear: His wife and children are all killed when the Reapers hit Palaven. He gets better when he finds out his daughter-in-law and grandkids survived, but is still in bad shape.
- Dark Secret: Sparatus didn't meet his wife in a concert in Cipritine, as Shepard and Tevos find out during the revelation of the above trope. He met her in an orgy. They then married the next morning, after getting their stories straight.
- Adaptational Heroism: Does not participate in the Cerberus/Phoenix coup.
- Deconstruction: The reason Shepard recommends him as Councilor is because he's got political experience, unlike Anderson.
- Take That!: Says he thought Valern was smart enough to not undermine the war effort by starting a coup. Remember something in canon that sounds like this, only with Udina? Also, says that if he was the "mysterious sole survivor" of the council, the military would kill him in a heartbeat.
- The Alcoholic: Was this in the past. He's stopped by now.
Major Rai Li
- Blow You Away: A born airbender.
- Hero of Another Story: Has her own group of allies, similar to Shepard's.
- Interspecies Romance: She's dating a quarian crew member.
- Nice Girl: She's extremely sweet.
- Original Character: Sort of: she's basically the War Hero Shepard, but she's an OC herself.
- The Paragon: Has the War Hero version of Shepard's backstory, and is highly respected among the Alliance for it, including by Shepard herself, who thinks if she hadn't been the Avatar, it might have been Rai Li.
- Honest Corporate Executive: Zig-zagged; He heads Samsara, a massive, and benevolent, corporation, but a great deal of the technology they use is stolen from Phoenix, and he admits not all of what they do is legal. Subverted totally when it turns out he's the Illusive Man.
- Retired Badass: Was a soldier before being being discharged due to injury.