Squad 312's Alpha, and Scarlett's twin brother. The series starts with him going out on a flight to clear his head, only to find Aurora's ship.
Squad 312's Face, and Tyler's twin sister.
Catherine "Cat" Brannok
Squad 312's Ace. She was the best in the academy, but refused any other Alpha when Tyler was late for the Draft.
- Ace Pilot: The role of the Aces in Aurora Legion squads. Cat's nickname is "Zero" for the number of targets she missed in training.
- Boyish Short Hair: She has her hair cut in a fauxhawk.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Is a factor in her lengthy delay in accepting Auri's mission.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Cat Brannock isn't called "Catherine" very often, if at all.
Aurora Jie-Lin O'Malley
One of the original colonists for Octavia, an early attempt at human exploration. Her ship was lost in the Fold for over two hundred years before Tyler found her.
- Alternate Identity Amnesia: Routinely does not remember what happens during her superpowered state, though she progressively gets better.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Aurora spent 220 years in suspended animation aboard the Hadfield when it was lost in the Fold before Tyler rescued her.
- Mismatched Eyes: After her right eye turns white.
- Multi-Ethnic Name: She's half Chinese, half European and her name reflects this. Her father refers to her by her Chinese name.
- Skunk Stripe: Aurora has one after spending 220 years in the Fold.
Finian de Karran de Seel
Squad 312's Gearhead. He would have been top of his class, except for his abrasive personality and tendency to break protocol to "improve" systems.
- Anything That Moves: Fin expresses attraction to individuals of multiple genders and species.
- Deadpan Snarker: Every other sentence he says is sarcastic.
- The Engineer: Fin is Squad 312's Gearhead, which serves as this.
- Non-Action Guy: Fin has very fragile bones and has to wear a suit that helps him handle regular gravity due to an illness as a child, so he usually stays out of the front-line fighting. He does, however, happen to be a pretty good shot regardless.
Kaliis Idraban Gilwraeth
Squad 312's Tank. As a Syldrathi Warbreed, he has many problems with absolutely everyone around him.
- The Big Guy: As a Tank, Kal serves as this for his squad. As a member of the Syldrathi Warbreed Cabal, he's good at what he does.
- Enemy Within: Kal routinely refers to his bloodlust as such and seems to be in a constant struggle to control it.
- Mystical White Hair: All Syldrathi have this.
- Single-Target Sexuality: A Syldrathi trait where they imprint on an individual who normally becomes their soul mate. In his case: Auri.
- Space Elves: Syldrathi have pointy ears, silver hair and purple eyes, resulting in a rather elven appearance. Auri refers to him by multiple The Lord of the Rings characters.
Squad 312's Brain. Easily the smartest person in the Legion, she is terrible with people, and known for performing experiments practically at random. Also, she really likes her disruptor pistol.
- Black and Nerdy: She is described as having dark brown skin and is Squad 312's Science Officer.
- For Science!: Zila got reprimands for things like locking two classmates in a lab to test a serum she developed for a virus, and shooting another classmate repeatedly with a stun-gun. This seems to be her primary motive for a lot of things. She conducts another experiment on Auri without warning.
- One-Paragraph Chapter: All but one of the chapters from Zila's POV. The sole exception is still only two pages.
- The Quiet One: Zila doesn't talk much unless delivering information to her squadmates. This is extended into her POV chapters which are very abridged.