This page is for characters originating from Atelier Meruru. For characters from Atelier Rorona and Atelier Totori, see their respective pages.
Merurulince Rede Arls (Meruru)
This game's protagonist, Meruru is the energetic princess of the kingdom of Arls, studying alchemy under Totori. Her goal is to prove to her father that alchemy is more than a hobby to her, by using it to improve the kingdom.
- Action Girl: Fits this best out of the three main heroines in this sub series, she even gets her own battle theme!
- Childhood Friends: With Keina and Lias.
- Contrasting Sequel Main Character: She lacks the Cute Clumsy Girl traits of her predecessors. And while Rorona was forced into inheriting Astrid's workshop, and Totori had to be pushed by Gino into getting her adventurer's license, Meruru quickly dives into her task in revitalizing her kingdom.
- Cuteness Proximity: Towards the Homs and Chims.
- Loving Bully: Towards Lias when they were younger, albeit unintentionally.
- Missing Mom: We never see or hear about her mother.
- Modesty Shorts: Wears a pair of bloomers underneath her skirt. In Plus, all of her alternate costumes (barring Totori's, which has a leotard) have bloomers underneath.
- Pretty Princess Powerhouse: She is a lovely girl with Cuteness Proximity and Rapunzel Hair, and she is also an alchemist dedicated to improving her kingdom using her ability to synthesize items. Although she's not the strongest fighter in terms of pure martial ability, she more than makes up for it by crafting items to use in combat which include extremely powerful bombs, magical weapons, and a Fantastic Nuke shaped like a mushroom. The ingredients for these are items are found at the source. Need dragon scales? She goes to kill a dragon personally, no delegating to guards. One of the titles she can earn is "The Strongest Princess". Last but not least, she's the only Atelier protagonist with her own battle theme song!
A maid in charge of keeping the Arls castle clean, and a close friend of Meruru.
The castle's gatekeeper. He looks up to his older brother, Rufus, and wants to earn his approval.
- Bishōnen: One of the best examples in the game.
- Childhood Friends: With Meruru and Keina.
- Cosmic Plaything: If something can go wrong, it'll go wrong for Lias. If he's walking through a forest, he'll set off all of the hunters' traps. Eating mushrooms, he picks a poisonous one.
- Does Not Like Spam: He hates mushroom, largely because Meruru kept accidentally feeding him poisonous ones when they were kids.
- Expy: His color scheme and Tsundere tendencies match Mimi's.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Gets jealous of Meruru for always getting his brother's attention.
- Pile Bunker: Wields a special gauntlet that fires large metal spikes.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: Some of his moves involve punching an enemy rapidly, including his super.
- Shrinking Violet: When he was younger.
The king's advisor and butler, and Lias' older brother. He is strict and frequently lectures Meruru.
Dessier Hahlsner Arls
Meruru's father and the king of Arls.
- Good Parents: Is a well respected king and a kind father to Meruru.