This article is about characters who appear in the historical portion of The Fall and The Chain, as well as other Assassin's Creed stories set in the Russian Revolution.
Nikolai Andreievich Orelov
The older brother of Vladimir Lenin, Aleksandr was an Assassin and member of the Narodnaya Volya who was friends with Nikolai. He was executed for plotting to kill Tsar Alexander III.
Tsar Alexander III
- "I have power he never dreamed of. You can strike at me a thousand times and you will never succeed."
The Emperor of Russia at the end of the 19th century. While not a full Templar, Alexander was allied with them just as his father had been, and was entrusted with the Staff of Eden. He was the target of several Assassin plots to kill him, all of which failed.
- Assassin Outclassin'
- Asskicking Equals Authority: He manages to beat fully trained Assassin Nikolai Orelov in hand-to-hand combat, taking only a minor wound from his hidden blade. Although this wound does lead to complications with his kidney that would later kill him.
- Beard of Evil: Comes with a glorious curly handlebar mustache
- Boisterous Bruiser: He talks a ton of trash to Nikolai as he beats him.
- Children Are Innocent: The only reason he doesn't kill Nikolai is because the royal family happened to be watching.
- Ironic Nickname: "Alexander the Peacemaker".
- Mind-Control Device: The Staff of Eden.
- Mother Russia Makes You Strong: He even references this trope, claiming that Nikolai is so weak that he should be ashamed to call himself a Russian.
- Papa Wolf: He does not take kindly to an Assassin trying to kill him while he is with his family.
- Would Hurt a Child: He tells Nikolai that he hopes he has children so that he can throw them into the Neva River as revenge.
Rasputin was a covert Templar agent sent to advise and manipulate the Russian royal family in the early 20th century. He possessed a shard of the Staff of Eden, which granted him mystical abilities. He was killed by the Assassins on December 29, 1916.
- Beard of Evil
- Evil Chancellor
- Healing Factor: One of his disciples turned on him and sliced open his stomach. He just smiled as his guts spilled out and then healed.
- Mind Rape: He punished the disciple that tried to kill him by using the shard of the Staff to cause her to mutilate herself with a knife and go crazy.
- Not So Invincible After All: See Rasputinian Death.
- Posthumous Character: In The Fall. He does appear in one story in Project Legacy.
- Rasputinian Death: Of course. Lampshaded by the Assassins who dig up his grave looking for the Shard of the Staff of Eden."Not so immortal after all, henh?"
A Russian Templar tortured by Nikolai for information on the Staff of Eden.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Nikolai brutally beats him for information, but Dolinsky manages to resist. He is finally broken when Nikolai threatens to reveal the existence of Dolinsky's mistress and bastard child to his wife.
- Slashed Throat: How Nikolai kills him once he has the information he needs.
- Your Cheating Heart: He loves his wife, but still keeps a mistress, a fact which Nikolai uses to gain information from him.
Nikolai's wife and confidant.
- Morality Pet: Anna tries to be this for Nikolai, moderating his grief and rage after the death of Aleksandr Ulyanov and their first child.
Nikolai and Anna's daughter.
Nikolai and Anna's son.
A scientist suppressed by the Templars due to the threat of his inventions to their power, he is recruited by the Assassin Order to destroy the Staff of Eden as revenge.
Tsar Nicholas II
The ruler of Russia at the beginning of the 20th century. Unlike his father, he is not allied with the Templars, and is attempting to move Russia towards a more moderate and democratic system, but is still targeted by the Communist allied Assassin Order.
Khioniya Kuzminichna Guseva
A former disciple of Rasputin, she was imprisoned in an asylum in Krasnoyarsk after being forced to disfigure herself by Rasputin after attempting to kill him. She is sought out by Nikolai to gather more information on Rasputin.
- Bald Women: Whether it is part of the mutilation inflicted upon her by Rasputin or because they shaved her head in the asylum is unknown.
- Covered in Scars: Her face is a hideous mess, as she was forced to mutilate herself by Rasputin, using the power of the shard of the Staff of Eden, after she failed to kill him.
- Death Seeker: She seeks to die after being forced to mutilate herself and being imprisoned in a insane asylum for three years.
- Go Out with a Smile: She made no sound as Nikolai pierced her heart with his hidden blade, simply smiling as she died.
- Mercy Kill: She asks Nikolai to put her out of her misery after telling him what she knew of the shard of the Staff of Eden in Rasputin's possession, which he complied with.
- The Noseless: Rasputin forced her to carve her own nose off when making her mutilate herself.
- What Beautiful Eyes!: While Nikolai is horrified by her face, he notes she has kindly and mesmerizing eyes he cannot look away from.