- Character Development: Goes through a hell of one in both films.
- Child Hater: Initially serves as this...then the Kingstons came along.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Nick can be selfish, but hes willing to help others out when needed.
- Never My Fault: In the sequel, he tries to blame Chuck for the malfunctioning for the house, when Nick should have hired an inspector in the first place.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: While Nick was very sympathetic in the first movie, the second one has him acting like a jerk to Chuck (then again, Nick's concerns were valid). Nick does realize the error of his ways and apologizes to Chuck and his family.
- Anti-Villain: He isn't out to get the entire Kingston family and only became "evil" because he is convinced that Nick kidnapped the little Kingstons.
- Arch-Enemy: Of Nick Persons.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Well, yeah. What do you think his crimes are out of?
- Wrong Genre Savvy: He thinks Nick is the evil Child Hater and he is the Hero of Another Story. He is way off base.