Below is the cast of the third Ar tonelico game. SPOILERS
An apprentice steeplejack from Blue Canyon Hamlet. His tenacity and sense of responsibility cause him to become involved in the story when Saki suddenly appears in need of help. His true name is Aoto_lx.Bridge.Ciela_Gate.
- Accidental Pervert: At times, but otherwise he's a Chivalrous Pervert.
- Achievements in Ignorance: According to Cocona, Aoto is "too dumb to know something is impossible" and so he'll try doing it.
- Always Save the Girl: Many times.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Aoto and Finnel, though they're probably just playing around more than anything.
- BFS: His weapon - a combination of sword, drill and scissors.
- Conveniently an Orphan: His parents are long gone and he was raised by a family friend.
- Declaration of Protection: Aoto says this often to Saki and Finnel. Deconstructed as the strain of protecting someone from two superpowers with only a drill and a handful of friends is so great it drives him to a breakdown.
- Divine Date: Two of his romantic choices are revered as goddesses. While Tyria is a Reyvateil Origin that are worshipped as one, Saki is literally one of the Will of the Planet herself.
- The Dulcinea Effect: To Saki in the first 5 minutes of the game. Not so much because of Saki herself (at first), but because it was a dying man's final wish and his keepsake piqued Aoto's curiosity further.
- The Everyman: Unlike Lyner and Croix, he is not an elite knight. He's more or less a handyman.
- Gratuitous French: Used when trying to teach Akane about love.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Aoto's a Medley, or a male Half-Reyvateil.
- Heroic BSoD: Came dangerously close to this during the game. Depends on the route, either the Archia Think Tank links him up with Saki or Suzunomia diverting the situation to save him becoming an Ultimate Border Human
- This Is a Drill: His primary weapon.
A Reyvateil doctor who owns a practice in Eternus Shaft. He used to work in Archia, but has since retired. His true name is Hikari Gojou_ox.HEAL_CATEGORY.varmilia-7.
- Alpha Strike: His Ultra Supermove.
- Beta Couple: Towards the end of Phase 4, he and Richaryosha become a couple.
- BFG: His bag can turn into one.
- Dead Little Sister: He had a younger Reyvateil sister named Aisha. Her death is the reason why he loathes Archia.
- Dead Person Conversation: He's able to speak with Aisha one last time in the remains of her Cosmosphere.
- Everyone Calls Him Doc: He's frequently referred to as "doc" or "doctor" instead of his name.
- Fundoshi: What he strips down to when he performs his ex-skill.
- Improbable Weapon User: He fights with a doctor satchel that can also turn into a giant gun.
- Interspecies Romance: He, a human, gets with Richa, who is a b-type reyvateil.
- It's Not You, It's Me: In regards to Richa's feelings. It's not that he doesn't like her, it's just that he can't forgive the Archia Think Tank - of which Richa is the No 2 - for what they did to his sister.
- MayflyDecember Romance: By the end of the game, he accepts Richa's feelings and they begin a relationship. But because of her status as a b-type reyvateil, he'll die long before her.
- Megane: Wears glasses.
- Parental Abandonment: He describes Aisha as his only family member, presumably meaning that his parents were long gone once Aisha was born.
- Parental Substitute: He was one for Aisha.
- Stepford Smiler: He's usually pleasant and calming but beneath his exterior, he's still hurting from the death of his sister. Richa is the only one who sees this side of him. She ends up helping him get closure by taking him to the SH Server and connecting him to the remnants of Aisha's Cosmosphere, where he's able to speak with her one more time.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has purple hair.
Tatsumi/ Cocona Bartel
A V-boarder who is training under Gengai in Blue Canyon Hamlet. He and Aoto became acquaintances one month prior to the beginning of the game. He's actually Cocona Bartel, sent by Jacqli to deliver the Heart of Gaea to Harvestasha.
- A-Cup Angst: Shows up from time to time
- Bare Your Midriff:His shirt exposes his navel area. Cocona also shows off her navel.
- Big Damn Heroes: Saves Finnel when she tries to kill herself to prevent Clustania from using her.
- Chekhov's Skill: Those wakeboarding skills come in handy when Finnel tries to kill herself by jumping off a cliff.
- Compressed Hair: How the hell does she hides all that hair under that hat?
- Conveniently an Orphan: His parents are also dead and he currently lives with Gengai.
- Curtains Match the Window: Has purple hair and eyes.
- Improbable Weapon User: Tatsumi fights by swinging around his V-board. And Cocona turns this V-board into tonfas when she fights. Looks like somebody has been taking notes from Amarie.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: Just look at this entry.
- Nice Hat: Wears a large hat to hide her twintails.
- I Owe You My Life: He's dedicated to Gengai because he saved him when they first met by helping Cocona escape Clustania's detection.
- Peek-a-Bangs: One of his eyes is obscured.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is up in twintails, and yet they still reach her thighs.
- The Reveal: He's Cocona Bartel from Ar tonelico II.
- She Is All Grown Up: Only in the American release's version. The American release rewrote her age from 13 to 16, despite this not matching the time since the previous game, or the age of others who came with her.
- The Stoic: Rarely gets works up over anything.
- Verbal Tic: He'll sometimes refer to something as "boo" when it's considered bad. When Cocona drops the disguise, she uses it much more frequently.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has dark purple hair.
A mysterious, yet kind Reyvateil who is being pursued by the Clustanian army when Aoto meets her. She loves taking care of children, but is also a bit childish herself. She can also use a power called "Miracle" when she is emotionally strained.
- Apologises a Lot: Whenever someone attacks her.
- Baleful Polymorph: Saki has the power to turn humans into cake. This is taken Up to Eleven in a cutscene where she transforms an entire fleet of warships into humongous strawberry cakes, complete with forks and plates, plummeting into the Sea of Death.
- Bodyguard Crush: Inverted at first as Saki and Finnel show signs of affection to Aoto before the player chooses a specific girl's ending route, thus choosing Aoto's specific romantic interest.
- Cast from Lifespan: Her Miracle powers which turn humans into cake is a form of EXEC_FLIP, which is executed from the singer's own life energy. Her constant usage of her Miracle powers had significantly reduced her lifespan to the point where her life was as short as Finnel's.
- As if that wasn't enough, she was supposed to sing the Arphage to sublimate the Antibody Brain, and if it was sung to the end, one of them will be absorbed into the surviving girl.
- Color-Coded Characters: Her color is pink.
- Desperation Attack: Saki's Miracle power works like this. It turns people into cake.
- Distressed Damsel: Phase I is more or less keeping Saki away from Clustanian forces and rescuing her when it happens. Lampshaded in a Phase 2 talk topic: "I'm sorry I got abducted multiple times."
- Divine Date: As she is one of the Will of the Planet herself, her route certainly counts. Her deeper Cosmosphere levels involves her giving up her role to be together with Aoto and creating a new Will in her place.
- Foreshadowing: When you Dive into Saki, you'll see her Hymn Code is written as SAKIA_FEHU_TILIA_HARVESTASYA. She's actually one of the Will of the Planet who inhabits Sakia's body as the main persona.
- Friend to All Children: She worked as a caretaker at Ogai Memorial Pre-school.
- Hair Decorations: She has two castanet-looking decorations in her hair. They open and close based off of how Saki is feeling.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She has blonde hair and is easily the sweetest heroine in the series.
- Hidden Buxom: Her usual sweater hides the fact that she's got quite a nice figure underneath.
- The Idealist/The Ingenue: She is this even for a Will of the Planet. Filament even described that she was born to lead the world to eternal happiness.
- Image Song: "Sands of Time", a song where Saki wishes Aoto to always feel happiness even after she dies.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: She tends to have amnesia after every time she uses her Miracle powers. It turns out that Sakia was intentionally sealing her memories away. And then there's also her memories as the Will of the Planet, which doesn't return until she sings the Arphage halfway.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Her Nyamo mask covers her entire head... while leaving the rest of her body exposed. Richa isn't fooled in the slightest.
- Sliding Scale of Gameplay and Story Integration: Her dialogue with Aoto at the end of the game changes depending on whether or not you went past the eighth level of her Cosmosphere. If you didn't, Saki will refuse to follow the rest of the party to the XP Shell because she feels like she should return to Ar Ciel with the rest of the Wills. If you did complete past level 8, Saki will reveal that she hurt her ankle during the final boss and encourage Aoto to leave her behind.
- Sweet Tooth: When giving her food gifts, her favorites are sweets like Antibody Biscuits and the Chocolate Plate.
- Terrible Artist: Her slide picture books that she shows on her route. Aoto even commented that kids would've cried at sight.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Type A.
An alternate personality that lives within Saki. She's very flirty, but has Saki's best interests in mind. She is also actually a Will of the Planet.
- Color-Coded Characters: Her color is magenta.
- Cool Big Sis: Acts as one for Saki.
- Demonization: While she's depicted as an impartial Shipper on Deck in the game proper, the Afezeria Harvestasha song depicted her as a Green-Eyed Monster who kidnapped Myu at his wedding ceremony with Harvestasha a fit of jealousy over her broken engagement with him.
- Foil: To Yurisica. While both personalities play a guardian role in their Reyvateils' lives, Sarapatra focuses more on Saki's relationships and love life.
- Idiot Hair: She has a long one that drapes her face.
- Love Goddess: In Ar Ciel myth, she is depicted as the Goddess of Love.
- Pretty in Mink: Wears a fluffy boa around her.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: She enjoys teasing.
- Shipper on Deck: She is supportive of Saki's feelings for Aoto, despite knowing very well that the Will of the Planets were forbidden from experiencing romantic love.
- The Tease: She isn't above ad-libbing a wedding with Aoto in his hometown when she's the dominant persona to bring Aoto and Saki closer.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She likes to be gifted fresh fruit and fruit beverages.
The second alternate personality that lives in Saki, dressed as a nun. She takes the brunt of Saki's pain and desperately wants to go to the Rinkernator to be "saved". She too is a Will of the Planet.
- Bandage Babe: Symbolizing the 'broken messiah' aspect of the Planet's Will.
- Cat Girl: Filament has cat ears under her nun habit.
- Clothing Damage: The more that she is purged, the more tattered her clothes get.
- Color-Coded Characters: Her color is dark purple.
- The Cynic: She has this view toward humans, in contrast to Saki.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Her appearance as a bandaged nun startles Aoto when they first meet.
- Foil: To Soma. While both personalities make it their goal to save the lives of their Reyvateil, Filament is more indirect and simply gives Aoto instructions on where to take Saki to save her.
- Shinigami: Ar Ciel myths depict her as the God of Death. Her true purpose as a Will is to oversee the preservation of balance in the world.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She likes to be gifted dried meat and jerky.
The first personality that Aoto meets before officially meeting Saki. She is a knight who protects Saki with her sword skills and is extremely loyal to the Archia Think Tank.
- Breast Plate: Sakia Lumei's armor can become this.
- Color-Coded Characters: Her color is yellow.
- Foil: To Suzunomia. They're both the final personalities that can be unlocked, but Sakia Lumei is the original personality and has no intention of taking back her body from Saki.
- Lady of War: She was taught how to fight and has been defending Saki for years.
- Many Spirits Inside of One: She is the actual Gamma-sublimate Reyvateil, which makes her the original personality until Saki and other personas inhabited her body.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: She initially places the Archia Think Tank's priorities above Saki's well-being, which leads to her hijacking Saki's body and attacking Aoto when he tries to stop her.
- Willing Channeler: She was born to be a vessel for Saki, but she doesn't mind. Heck, she lets Saki be the dominant personality.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Sakia, the sword bearing and armor wielding guardian, has a very cutesy soulspace. When asked about it, she blushes and refuses to comment.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She likes to be gifted soups, stews, and ramen.
A clumsy, tsundere beta-type Reyvateil who works at the Yokkora Bistro in Eternus Shaft. She has a hard time being honest with people and loves studying cartology. She was originally from Clustania, but moved to the Great Fang at some point.
- A-Cup Angst: Finnel is very vocal about it. She even says she doesn't want to wear a certain item because she doesn't have the bust for it. Aoto immediately offers to make her some pads.
- All of the Other Reindeer: She was horribly bullied in Clustania by the other Reyvateils, which was even encouraged by the top government officials. Her only friend was Akane, who protected her from the other girls when she was around.
- All Women Are Doms, All Men Are Subs: Inverted. Finnel secretly likes Aoto calling her 'servant' because she's a sub. He doesn't figure this out until she spells it out in her fifth Cosmosphere level.
- Astrologer: She's very fond of cartology, which is the Ar Ciel equivalent of fortune telling, to the point that her image song is named after it.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Aoto and Finnel, though they're probably just playing around more than anything.
- Bodyguard Crush: Inverted at first as Saki and Finnel show signs of affection to Aoto before the player chooses a specific girl's ending route, thus choosing Aoto's specific romantic interest.
- Born Unlucky: Out of all the Reyvateils in Clustania, she had the misfortune of being selected to be Ar Ru's host. Because of that, she was treated like garbage by almost everybody while growing up, she has multiple personalities fighting for control of her body, the assassin personality was given precedence and installed with a crystal that allowed her to seize control whenever, and she's slowly dying because the personalities are putting too much strain on her body. Even when she tried to teach Aoto a little bit about cartology, she had to make something up for her fortune because it's implied that her actual fortune predicted something terrible about her future.
- Butt-Monkey: Deconstructed. Her own Cosmosphere puts her into this role, due to the terrible treatment she experienced in her childhood and her current situation with the other personalities trying to hijack her body. Even her own Mind Guardian treats her badly.
- Color-Coded Characters: Her color is light blue.
- Curtains Match The Windows
- Cute Clumsy Girl: One of her notable traits. It later turns out that her clumsiness is because Soma would take over her body and leave her in dangerous positions.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Finnel's childhood growing up in Clustania can basically be summed up as hell as she is the host for Ar Ru and regularly got bullied under Harvestasha's orders.
- Driven to Suicide: Twice! The first time, she sings EXEC_FLIP_FUSIONSPHERE/. (a song that would convert her life energy into symphonic power and cause the Tower to shut down from overload) to give the party a chance to escape. And due to hosting Ar Ru, she attempts to throw herself of the Tower in order to prevent Ar Ru from coming out. Luckily, Cocona stops her and the Will that comes out is just Suzunomia.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Her stockings are two different colors.
- Heroic Sacrifice: She attempts this by singing the Fusionsphere to shut the Harvestasha down in an attempt to thwart her plan to unleash Ar Ru. It was fortunately averted when Krusche sent a virus to temporarily halt the SH Server.
- Image Song: "Song of the Circling Stars", a song where Finnel sings about how grateful she is that Aoto came into her life and gave her happiness.
- Many Spirits Inside of One: Like Saki, she also hosts several personalities within her. However, since her Soulspace isn't specifically designed to host these personalities like Saki, it costs her a significant portion of her lifespan simply for hosting them.
- Mistaken for Romance: Her interest in Tatsumi initially makes Aoto think that she has a crush on him. In reality, she's interested in the Heart of the Land that he's carrying around. She plays along with it in order to join the party and have a reason to speak with Tatsumi one-on-one.
- Odd Friendship: People are often baffled by her friendship with Akane, due to Akane being a prodigy and Finnel being an outcast.
- Rescue Romance: She first meets Aoto when he saves her from being stranded on a high platform by Soma. The romance part is up to the player in choosing her route or not.
- Self-Deprecation: A major theme in her Cosmosphere, to the point that her alternate personas and Aoto were ensnared into her own self-pity game. It gets to the point where there's a Kangaroo Court for this very purpose deep within her Cosmosphere.
- Sweet Tooth: When trying to install her with Hyumas, her favorite food gifts are cold treats such as the Skyscraper Ice Cream and the Furufuru Frappe.
- Symbiotic Possession: The personalities that live in her initially barged their way in because Ar Ru brought them with her, but she eventually begins to get along with them.
- Tsundere: Explicitly described as this in her profile.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She's incredibly afraid of heights, so Soma tends to leave her in high places just to be a jerk.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Or in Finnel's case, purple.
- Your Days Are Numbered: She's dying and initially moved to Eternus Shaft to live out the rest of her days. Finding out that Cocona has the Heart of Gaea gives her hope, as Harvestasha told her she could be saved if she found it.
A personality that lives in Finnel and dresses like a nurse. She's blunt and snarky, but also in charge of healing Finnel whenever Soma pushes her body too much. She is also actually a Will of the Planet.
- Badass Longcoat: She wears one over her nurse dress.
- Color-Coded Characters: Her color is green.
- Foil: To Sarapatra. While both personalities play a guardian role in their Reyvateils' lives, Yurisica makes it her job to look out for Finnel's physical well-being and making sure that she's safe.
- Hair Decorations: Her hair is in a ponytail held up by two devices. They also act as censor bars when she purges to her underwear.
- Hospital Hottie: She's dressed as a nurse.
- Letting Her Hair Down: When she purges to her final stage, her hair is completely down.
- Mad Bomber: Ties into her depictions as a God of Fire in Ar Ciel's myths. She even gives Aoto the synthesis recipe for bombs.
- Meganekko: Her charm point.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: She gets a gleam in her eye when she gets the chance to give Aoto a shot.
- Shipper on Deck: She thinks Aoto and Finnel are Birds of a Feather, because they're both tsundere.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: As stoic as she can be at times, she's very protective of Finnel and plays an almost motherly/older sister role to her.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She likes to be gifted traditional foods like Rice Crackers and Fuki Miso.
The second personality that lives in Finnel who wears a clown costume and carries a scythe. She is a notorious assassin who works for Clustania and often hijacks Finnel's body to perform her duties. She is also actually a Will of the Planet.
- Ax-Crazy: Don't worry, she's a professional murderer.
- Beautiful All Along: Underneath that clown suit is a very slender girl.
- Bokukko: Soma uses the pronoun 'boku'.
- Captain Ersatz: Soma's costume looks like some sort of demon Nightmaren.
- Color-Coded Characters: Her color is red.
- Conflicting Loyalty: Initially, she struggles between protecting Finnel and performing the duties that Clustania demands of her. Once Aoto removes the crystal that allows her to easily surface, she no longer has to worry about what Clustania wants.
- Creepy Good: Even after she makes a HeelFace Turn and start helping the heroes, she's still creepy as hell, due in no small part to her spectacular Slasher Smile. Her Limit Break in particular is disturbing. Of course, it helps that she's a Monster Clown.
- Destroyer Deity: Soma is depicted as the God of Catastrophes in myths.
- Foil: To Filament. While both personalities make it their goal to save the lives of their Reyvateil, Soma is more proactive in her approach as she tries to steal the Heart of the Land from Cocona to save Finnel. However, she tones down once Aoto uninstalls a crystal from her.
- The Grim Reaper: Quite literally. Unlike Filament, Soma is the Will that was in charge of natural selection.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She's crass and creepy, but everything she does is for Finnel.
- Monster Clown: Her usual getup fits the bill.
- Sexy Soaked Shirt: Under her clown costume, she wears a white dress that is see-through because of all the sweat she produces from wearing the costume.
- Sinister Scythe: Carries it around at all times.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She likes to be gifted childish foods like Dog Rolls and Ketchup Burger Steaks.
- Tsundere: At times.
A mysterious personality who suddenly starts showing up and tries to claim Finnel's body as her own. She can't remember her own identity at first, which makes the other characters initially think that she's Ar Ru.
- Accidental Misnaming: The main cast mistake her for Ar Ru when she begins to show up.
- Body Snatcher: Due to Ayatane making a pact with her just to use her as a stepping stone to Ar Ru, she believes that she is entitled to Finnel's body at first.
- Facial Markings: Has purple marks on her cheeks.
- Fate Worse than Death: Ar Ciel shut Suzunomia into oblivion to disappear due to her being weakened and unable to do her job. She ended up forgetting who she was and took the first opportunity to escape when she could.
- Foil: To Sakia Lumei. They're both the final personalities that can be unlocked, but Suzunomia is a Will of the Planet who starts off her appearances by trying to hijack Finnel's body. She's also the final personality to appear in the game compared to Sakia being the very first.
- Hair Decorations: She wears a crown-like ornament on top of her head and keeps two braids bundled.
- Identity Amnesia: She can't remember who she is at first, but hearing the name Moocheriel triggers something in her and makes her want to go to it.
- Living Battery: She is the Will that created Symphonic Power and kept the Planet going until the Grathnode Inferia and the creation of Moocheriel, which sucked up the Symphonic Power and made her powerless.
- Mistaken Identity: Everyone mistakes her for Ar Ru at first due to Ayatane using her as a method to contact Ar Ru.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Once the issues with Moocheriel and Finnel's body are cleared up, she becomes much nicer and helps Finnel repair her Cosmosphere.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She likes to be gifted natural foods like Acorns and fresh veggies.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: She speaks very proper and is wearing clothes that resemble a fancy kimono.
The Administrator of the Third Tower and the third Reyvateil Origin. Compared to the majestic image that was painted of her in the first game, she's actually very blunt and spacey. Having transformed her body into the incomplete Third Tower centuries ago, she is given a new humanoid body that's synced to her Tower body by the party after they reach the Rinkernator.
- Beam Spam: Tyria loves this as it manifests in all her spells.
- Bodyguard Crush: Plays a huge role in Tyria's Binary Field, where you essentially get to play through a Visual Novel with yourself taking on the role of the Bodyguard. Exactly how crushy it gets depends on your choices, but for the Best Ending... it'll need to get VERY crushy.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: She's the biggest ditz out of all three Origin Reyvateils, but she's still the Tower's administrator.
- Cast from Hit Points: The life extension treatment for Saki and Finnel, and Heal the Planet Project takes a significant toll on her lifespan. Her normal ending seeks to avert this trope for the latter, with the light novels that come after the game being where a proper solution for it is given.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Somehow every other thought ends with 'fried bread' or some other random topic.
- Curtains Match the Window: She has purple hair and purple eyes.
- Dark and Troubled Past: The game she created in her Binary Field reveals this. Though she loved and respected Kurogane, he never treated her as anything more than a test subject. He then went on to ruin her ability to sing Rebirthia Protocol by killing himself in front of Tyria and traumatizing her.
- Gratuitous English and Gratuitous Italian: Uses these in her dialogue.
- ImageSong: "In the Light", a song where Tyria sings about finally finding someone who truly loves her.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: Compared to Eoria and Frelia, Tyria is somewhat defective for an Origin Reyvateil. Her development was rushed to 1 year versus Eoria's 10 years and Frelia's 5 years, her Triangular Nuclear Loop can't withstand her abilities and decreases her lifespan when she uses them, and she didn't receive a loving upbringing like Eoria and Frelia received from Eleno and Jaza. On top of all this, her Binary Field is the only one that isn't a "just for fun" visual novel. It focuses on actual events in her life and Aoto has to change the ending to help Tyria remember the rest of Rebirthia Protocol.
- Really 700 Years Old: Though she's the youngest of the Origin reyvateils, she's still 741.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Fried bread. She also accepts any food that is made from flour.
- Unknown Rival: To Shurelia from the first game. While they were only able to meet a few times in person, Tyria was really jealous of her due to Eleno treating her like a surrogate daughter, as opposed to Kurogane's type of treatment.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has light purple hair.
- Your Days Are Numbered: At the end of the game, Tyria does not have long to live due to using up her lifespan to revive Ar Ciel. Subverted in the light novels after the game, where she gains a new heart that allows her to live as long as the other Origins after an untold amount of suffering from her part and the casts of the three games.
A Will of the Planet that was recently born. She was initially summoned into Finnel's body, which prompted Clustania to encourage Finnel's abuse by other Reyvateils.
- A Day in the Limelight: She's the heroine of the DLC story.
- Defeat Means Friendship: She mellows out once the party defeats her and she merges with Tyria.
- Destroyer Deity: Her entire purpose is to wipe out all living things on the planet.
- Hive Queen: Of the antibodies.
- Idiot Hair
- Gaia's Vengeance: She was a Will created to control the Antibodies and purge the world of all living things.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She loves strong-smelling and rotten food, like Sustromming.
- Winged Humanoid
GengaiA priest who also serves as the commander of the Great Fang Alliance. He is also Tatsumi's teacher and guardian, having saved him from Clustania's patrol. His true name is Gengai_lx.PRESIDENT_CATEGORY.datenHou.
- Badass Preacher: A one-eyed, pony-tailed, air-surfing, fist-fighting, hard-drinkin' priest. The other characters constantly question exactly HOW holy he can possibly be.
- Body Horror: Rev. Gengai gets turned into the Reyvaroid, a grotseque human-Antibody hybrid. Fortunately, he returns to normal after the heroes defeat the monstrosity.
- Eyepatch of Power: At least we think it gives him power.
- The Mentor: To Tatsumi /Cocona.
LuphanThe second-in-command of the Great Fang Alliance. He's a valuable ally who acts a spy and can sneak around with ease. His true name is Ayatane Kureha Kirinami.
- Katanas Are Just Better: He carries around six of them.
- Kill All Humans: He descends from a Teru Tribe that hated humans and believed that Reyvateils should rule the world. It doesn't help either that he was buried alive by his parents in an attempt to save him from Archia's Teru genocide and he was kept alive by the pact they made with the Antibodies to give him power.
- Facial Markings: Has two red marks on his face as a hint to his Teru heritage.
- Last of His Kind: He's one of the last members of the Teru Tribe in Sol Cluster.
- Legacy Character: He's the Ayatane of this game. But unlike Virus!Ayatane from the first game and Mind Guardian!Ayatane from the second, he is a straight up villain. Additionally, he's a distant descendant of the Ayatane that served as the basis for Mir to create the ones from the other two games.
- The Mole: He's very good at espionage and often sneaks into Clustania to gather intel. He's actually a high ranked Clustanian official who infiltrated the Great Fang.
- Mystical White Hair: Has this and is actually a Teru.
- Number Two: Gengai's right-hand man. Until it's revealed that he's a traitor.
- Older Than They Look: While his profile states that he's 19, he's actually 87.
- Peek-a-Bangs: One eye is always covered in his portrait.
KateneA Renowned researcher and inventor, who is also an old friend of Hikari Gojo. He hates the Archia Think Tank due to their part in the suspicious death of his father. He is also a childhood friend of Mute.
- Amazon Chaser: He's in love with Mute. Big form Mute.
- Older Than They Look: He's 29, but still looks like a kid. Even Hikari looks older than him despite only being 23.
- Opaque Nerd Glasses
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: After he and Mute get engaged, they become incredibly sappy and give each other pet names.
Harvestasha XPAn AI that lives in the XP Shell within Archia territory. Unlike her Vista counterpart, she's genuinely friendly and helpful.
- Flowers In Her Hair: She wears 2 pink flowers in her hair.
- Heroic Sacrifice: XP's job is to remain in the planet core in order to oversee the restoration process. Once the party realizes this, they sadly say goodbye to her and thank her.
- Named After Somebody Famous: She and Vista were named after the priestess Harvestasha from Ar Ciel myths.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Compared to her Jerkass counterpart prior to being fixed, she's a saint who actually does her job as an AI.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She has pink hair, and she's generally a sweet and kind girl.
- Winged Humanoid: Like Vista, she has one wing coming out of her back.
RicharyoshaA Reyvateil who is second-in-command in the Archia Think Tank. She's obsessed with romance and has a crush on Hikari Gojo. Despite her silliness, she takes her job of taking Saki back into custody very seriously.
- Beta Couple: Towards the end of Phase 4, she finally has her love reciprocated by Hikari Gojo.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Don't let her flirtiness fool you, she will get physical if she has to.
- Can't Kill You, Still Need You: She was spared from death because Raphael realized that she could sing EXEC_Z/. and complete the Human Evolution Project.
- Combat Hand Fan: Her weapon of choice.
- Combat Stilettos: She can kick some butt in her heels.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She used to be the commander of the Clustanian army prior to Akane, but was captured and lost her troops when they invaded Archia to reclaim the SH Server and failed.
- Forced into Evil: She's working with the Archia Think Tank because they're holding her hostage. If she didn't join them, Raphael was going to terminate her from the SH Server (which would delete her mind and result in her dying).
- HeelFace Turn: Once Raphael is defeated, she immediately switches sides.
- Love Freak: She's a romantic who enjoys love stories that involve the couple enduring trials that test their love.
- MayflyDecember Romance: Because she's a beta Reyvateil, Hikari Gojo will be dead long before her.
- Odango: She keeps her hair up in two buns.
- Stripperiffic: Her dress is barely hanging on to her waist by knots.
- Villainous Crush: She's not afraid to admit her love for the doc. Luckily for her, they begin dating once she has her HeelFace Turn.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has light purple hair.
AkaneThe Supreme Commander of Clustania and Finnel's best friend. She has a stone-cold personality and is persistent on accomplishing her duties, even if she has to go against her best friend.
- Action Girl
- Berserk Button: Harming Finnel. Finnel has memories of Akane attacking other Reyvateils to protect her.
- Bonus Boss: Since the Tower of Tyria doesn't have maintenance droids, she takes this role instead.
- Cool Pet: She has a pet Antibody named Kukuro.
- Dual Boss: Every time you fight her, Kukuro will fight with her as well.
- HeelFace Turn: Ends up siding with the heroes after the top Clustanian officials reveal their plans for Finnel.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Her weapon of choice.
- Lady of War: Cool, calm, collected except for some instances and is also the Supreme Commander of Clustania.
- Odd Friendship: Her friendship with Finnel due to Finnel being a pariah while she was highly praised.
- Teen Genius: She became Supreme Commander of the Clustanian Army at the age of 15.
- The Stoic: She was designed to not physically show her emotions. Notable also that her design incorporated an improved version of the emotional limiter that was attempted on Mir.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Despite being programmed to not show emotion, Finnel is one of the few people that she shows warmth to.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is grey.
Harvestasha VistaThe leader/dictator of Clustania. She's a foul-mouthed AI that loathes humans and is ruthless in her conquest to wipe them out.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Her personality was rewritten 400 years ago into what she is today. Tyria eventually had to reprogram her to execute the planet healing project.
- Fan Nickname: Called "Kusofure", "Kusoframe" or "Shitframe" by fans.
- Final Boss: Serves as this in the Normal endings.
- Flowers In Her Hair: She wears blue flowers in her hair.
- Identity Amnesia: Because Tyria failed to finish singing EXEC_REBIRTHIA=PROTOCOL/. and left the Tower uncompleted, Vista was never able to learn that her purpose was to assist XP with the Planet Restoration Project. Once Tyria is able to complete the song and Tower, Vista meets up with XP and prepares the XP Shell for launching to the core.
- Jerkass: She has a colorful vocabulary and is prone to violence when things don't go her way. Her foul mouth is even a meme amongst the fandom and part of her Toukousphere characterization.
- Kill All Humans: Her goal due to Ayatane rewriting her personality.
- Named After Somebody Famous: She and XP were named after the priestess Harvestasha, from Ar Ciel myths.
- Older Than They Look: She's 735 years old.
- Polar Opposite Twins: She is a nightmare to deal with compared to her XP counterpart prior to being fixed.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Once her personality is reset to the default, she becomes just as pleasant as XP.
- Winged Humanoid: Like XP, she has one wing sticking out of her back, a representation of them both being a dual cycle system.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Blue hair to counter XP's pink.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Because she's half-human, some of the other Clustanian troops look down on her. Her admiration for General Akane is because she doesn't care about that aspect of her.
- The Big Guy: A military instructor with rippling muscles. Her other form, not so much.
- Brawn Hilda: Downplayed. While many characters are intimidated and confused by her, Katene thinks she's beautiful.
- Girly Bruiser: Mute acts like a House Wife in Phase 4 and goes onto put Raphael into a paralyzing bear hug
- Girlish Pigtails: She has two little braids sticking out of two blue hair barettes.
- Hair Antennae
- Half-Human Hybrid: She's a third-generation Reyvateil, with a human father.
- HeelFace Turn: She switches sides when she and Katene fall in love towards the end of the game.
- Hulking Out: Dr. Laude created and installed a Hymn Crystal that allows her to become a beefcake.
- Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter: She's Dr. Laude's daughter. When she finds out about his death, she understands that he was a bad guy for his actions but still mourns him.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Her and Katene after his proposal.
- Strong Girl, Smart Guy: Pretty much becomes Katene's bodyguard once they fall in love.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is a light grey.
- Younger Than They Look: Would you believe she's actually 30?