open/close all folders
- Voiced by: Kouki Uchiyama (Japanese), Jared Zeus (English)
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Aldo is always willing to help anyone he meets with whatever they need help with, no matter how unimportant it may seem.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: He uses a swords, as is common for the main character in an RPG.
- Magnetic Hero: He's able to attract a lot of allies to join him in his quest, especially once you count the player characters gotten through dreams.
- Nice Guy: Always willing to help out those in need. He's known as his hometown's golden boy for a reason.
- Tomato in the Mirror : Aldo learns from the phantom that he's related to Professor Chronos of the future. Further investigation reveals that the Chronos's son is actually named Eden, not Aldo.
- Aldo later learns that he misunderstood the phantom, and he's not actually Eden. He was actually the professor's cat, transformed into a replica of Eden.
- Voiced by: Ai Kayano (Japanese), Julie Rogers (English)
- All-Loving Hero: Feinne believes in showing kindness to everyone, and will befriend beastfolk (a traditional enemy of humans) without batting an eye. Reading journals in the Beast King's castle reveal that she pleaded for mercy for a beast man that hit her.
- Fusion Dance: She fuses with the Beast King's sister Altena, creating the monstrous Beast Angel Geo Anguirus.
- Moses in the Bulrushes: Feinne was found abandoned in the woods as a baby. Professor Chronos was planning on rewriting time, so he sent her back in time to prevent her from being erased with the rest of the future.
- Mystical White Hair: She has unusual story-relevant powers, and silver hair that makes her stand out.
- White Magician Girl: She's kind, wields a staff, is specialized in healing magic, and shows a distinct domestic side.
- Voiced by: Rie Kugimiya (Japanese), Rebecca Kiser (English)
- Combat Medic: She can use a mid-level healing spell, in addition to blunt and magical attacks.
- Nature Loving Robot: She has the cat-lover trait, while being a robot.
- No Sense of Direction: Riica's GPS module tends to malfunction which wrecks havoc on her navigation abilities.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Her eyes are normally pink, but they turn red whenever she's angry or in combat mode.
- Voiced by: Rina Sato (Japanese), Janine Harouni (English)
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Her profile mentions that she burns half the food she cooks, which emphasizes her lack of femininity.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Wears her hair in an unkept ponytail, and is an Action Girl specialized in martial arts.
- You Killed My Father: The war against the synth humans is personal to her, because of her mother's death.
- Voiced by: Shigeru Chiba (Japanese), Tim Watson (English)
- Blood Knight: His quote when facing a Horror is "I tremble with excitement!"
- Oblivious to His Own Description: His first quest has him surprised to hear about a strange green monster in the swamp. While it turned out to be someone impersonating him and not actually himself, Cyrus fails to notice any resemblance of the description to him.
- Verbal Tic: He croaks whenever he speaks.
Helena is a Synth Human, a special model designed by Professor Chronos himself. While she is Galliard's supporter, at heart she is a pacifist who wishes to co-exist with humanity.
The Beast King
Guildna is king of the beast folk, a people descended from the elemental spirits. He kicks off the main plot by kidnapping Feinne, believing her to have the power that will allow him to destroy humanity.
- HP to 1: He has a move in the second phase of his boss fight that drops one party member's HP to almost nothing regardless of how much health they currently have.
- Kill All Humans: His goal for his war against humanity.
- One-Winged Angel: Goes into this form for the second phase of his boss fight.
- Pet the Dog: He plays with an abandoned baby Feinne, even before noticing she could useful to him.
The commander of the Synth Human army, cyborgs out to destroy humanity in the future.
- Badass Biker: Chases you down on a motorcycle for his boss fight.
- Motorcycle Jousting: Once he takes enough damage, he pulls out a giant electro lance to fight the player, while still riding his motorcycle.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He declared war on the humans, but only because he blames the humans for the time quakes and thinks violence is the only thing humans will listen to.
The Beast King's sister. She actually met Aldo and Feinne years ago, when Feinne healed her leg.
A mysterious being from beyond spacetime that's trying to destroy the universe.
- Big Bad: It's his actions that drive the main plot the game.
- I Take Offense to That Last One!: The phantom ignores Aldo calling him crazy, but objects to being accused of lying, since nothing it told Aldo was actually false.
- Manipulative Bastard: He gives Aldo the goal to restore the destroyed future, neglecting to tell him that doing so puts the whole universe at risk.
- Omnicidal Maniac: His goal is to destroy the spacetime continuum.
A king from antiquity who's working with the Oracle. He recently lost his wife and child, which had not done great favors for his mental stability.
- Despair Event Horizon: He was already unstable when Aldo first met him, he completely loses what grasp on sanity he had after the Tower of Time is shut down, denying him his choice of future.
- Early-Bird Cameo: He's the person depicted in the statue in Aldo's hometown. Though you can change that statue to one of Aldo.
- One-Winged Angel: Transforms for his boss fight with you.
Chronos Menas / Eden
The final boss of part 1. While traveling back in time with his family, Eden was sperated from his family and lost to the abyss. After spending 16 years being corrupted by the darkness, he lost his humanity and was twisted into a monsterous form known as Chronos Menas.Chronos Menas was released from his prison after the Phantom's defeat.
A mysterious individual who presided over the Gallery of Dreams, he grants Aldo the ability to call on allies from throughout time and space to aid him in his quest.
- Greater-Scope Paragon: After the events of chapter 17, he appears to Aldo to spur him into action and can potentially protect him in battle.
A brilliant scientist from the future that worked on the Xeno-Crystal Project. He went missing years ago, along with his entire family. He really sent himself into the past to try and change history.
- Cool Mask: Wears one as the Oracle. It's to hide the horrid radiation burns on his face from his experiments.
- Ignored Expert: He knew the Xeno-Crystal was unstable and wanted to focus on the Geo-Crystal instead. He got ignored, since the Xeno-Crystal provided more energy.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Or rather, cat owner.
- So Proud of You: He tells Aldo that he's glad that Aldo foiled his plan earlier, and how happy he is with how Aldo grew up during his dying speech, since he mistook Aldo for his son.
King Miglance VII
A king from the present era who rules over Miglance, the nation Baruoki is apart of.
- The Chains of Commanding: He finds ruling a burden sometimes, but would not abandon his duty to his kingdom.
- Character Witness: In one of the character sidequests attack, he vouches for Lokido's character when a racist official tries to exile him from Unigan.
- The Good King: He's considered a strong leader, liked by his citizens and a major threat to Miglance's enemies.
- King Bob the Nth
A girl from IDA Academy, and Jade's sister. After giving into despair and eating a dark apple, she ends trapped in a dream world.
- Abusive Parent: Saki's father used her a test subject, after driving away her brother by doing the same thing to him.
- An Ice Person: Her father's experiments gave her ice powers. Her Dream World is a frozen version of her school.
- Enemy Without: Because she's trapped in a world based around her mind, her subconscious is able to manifest as a physical entity will do whatever it takes to keep her asleep.
- Hope Is Scary: One of her subconscious projections is the embodiment of her hope. The rest of her subconscious tries to repress this side of her, because she believes that hope causes more pain than it's worth.
- Guinea Pig Family: Her father was successful in his experiment to turn her into a living weapon, granting her great power at the cost of her no longer being able to live a normal life.
- Power Incontinence: She can't control her powers, and hurt one of her friends.
Other Player Characters
A Paladin among the order of knights in Unigan, she possesses a very strong sense of justice and honor, and is determined to wipe out all beastfolk.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Her sister Deirdre saved her life when they were young with the power of a demonic sword. The sword erased both sisters memory of each other in exchange for the deed.
- Reincarnation-Identifying Trait: She shares a unique birthmark with Anna, the First Paladin.
- Sole Survivor: Her hometown was completely destroyed by the beasts when she was young, and she was the only survivor. At least, she thought she was.
A samurai who hails from the east, Azami seeks training so she can better protect the princess she's assigned to guard. Although she usually speaks formally, you can hear if she's not concentrating.
- Defeat Means Playable: She appears throughout the world as a Bonus Boss. Defeat her enough times and she'll join your party.
- Rhetorical Question Blunder: She asks a group of goblins if they're monsters after they hold her favorite treat hostage, only for Aldo to point out that she's addressing a literal group of monsters.
- Samurai Ponytail: She wears her hair in a neat ponytail, emphasising her noble samurai spirit.
- Showgirl Skirt: Her kimono is open from the waist down, achieving this effect.
Bivette is the latest recipient of an ancient power. She considers herself a magical genius who will one day be the best mage ever, but to most people she just looks a strange young girl.
- All Witches Have Cats: Bivette thinks so. She has a pet cat named Rumino to be her familiar.
- Black Magician Girl: She's boisterous and can cast powerful single-target fire spells.
- Self-Serving Memory: She remembers being friends with a spirit that lived in a lamp as a child. When she meets the spirit again as an adult, it tries to seek retribution for all the pain she caused it.
Breeno is a dark elf that joined the knights of Unigan. He's talented at the job, but kind of an enigma.
A performer who hails from Nilva, Ciel sings soprano and plays the harp. People say that he may be magically gifted at music.
A mysterious mercenary that works with the royal knights. However, she's known for her insubordinate behavior, and wields a demon blade whose power she is determined to awaken as soon as possible.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She's desperately trying to awaken a demon blade, but isn't evil.
- Empathic Weapon: Her demon sword, Verweil.
- Locked into Strangeness: Her hair changed color to match her sword after forming a contract with the demon blade.
- Pragmatic Hero: She considers playing by the rules of honor and chivalry stupid, since the enemies won't be following the rules.
Isuka is the head of the IDA Academy's student council, and for good reason — she stays calm no matter what the situation and excels in nearly every aspect. She is clearly pursuing something, but what it could be is unknown.
A student at the IDA school in Elzion. He's got an attitude problem, but he deeply cares for his sister and would do anything to save her.
- Abusive Parents: His father was a scientist who subjected him to cruel experiments. When Jade escaped, his father made his wife and daughter into his new test subjects.
- Ambidextrous Sprite: His outfit is very asymmetrical, but his walking sprite is the same whether he's facing right or left. This results in things his bag strap switching which shoulder it's slung over.
- Big Brother Instinct: He really wants to rescue his sister, even after she pushes him away.
- Ineffectual Loner: He insists on doing everything alone, but this doesn't work out great for him. He learns his lesson and accepts Aldo's help.
- I Work Alone: He rebuffs Aldo's offer to help because the last person who agreed to help him died.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's very cold, but he cares a lot about his sister Saki. The plot of his episode is kicked off when she gets into serious danger.
- Mystical White Hair: He has white hair.
He's half human/ half beast, resulting in him being feared and hated by both races despite his normally peaceful disposition.
- Berserk Button: He really doesn't like the beastfolk, since they killed his mother.
- Fantastic Racism: A victim of it. Humans take one look at him and call him a monster. Aldo's the first person to defend him.
- Gentle Giant: He looks like a large monster, but is gentle and doesn't fight back when people call him a fiend and chase him away.
- Human Mom Nonhuman Dad: His mother was a human citizen of Unigan.
- Lightning Bruiser: He's fast and hits like a boulder. If it weren't for his low MP pool, he'd be unstoppable.
- Warring Natures: The humans and the beastfolk are enemies of each other. Lokido sides with the humans, but he looks more like a beastman.
Mariel is an acolyte from the temple in Unigan. Because she's been trained there from a young age, she's talented at magic but somewhat sheltered to the outside world.
- Cuteness Proximity: She'll drop everything she's doing to play with any cat she meets.
- Modesty Shorts: She wears black bloomers under her dress.
- My Greatest Failure: Mariel failed to save someone who needed his soul healed, since she only knew magic that healed physical wounds. This motivated her to leave home and gain experience, eventually leading to her joining Aldo.
- The Runaway: She ran away from home due to a combination of not feeling worthy of becoming a full priest and wanting to see more of the outside world.
- White Mage: The majority of her skills focus on healing and buffing her teammates.
Mighty is a student at the IDA Academy. However, if it weren't for the uniform, it would be hard to tell, because he prefers slacking off and sleeping. He's been said to wander the streets at night.
Obviously, Miyu is just a traveling swordsman, like Aldo. She feels strongly about protecting the citizens of Miglance. Her real name is Mufilleux Miglance, princess of Miglance.
- Impractically Fancy Clothes: She considers her frilly Battle Ballgown to be one of her simpler outfits because she doesn't have to spend all morning putting it on by herself.
- Kicking Ass in All Her Finery: Her traveling clothes might be fancier than average, but she beats down enemies just as well as everyone else.
- King Incognito: She's actually the daughter of the king of Miglance.
- Princesses Prefer Pink: She wears a pink dress all the time.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: Wears tights as part of her outfit, as fitting for a noble.
- Rebellious Princess: She ran away from home because she wanted to protect her kingdom, which she couldn't do while being pampered in the palace.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: She's quite skilled with the sword and takes an active role in defending her kingdom.
- Warrior Princess: She can more than hold her own in a fight.
Nomar is a member of the town guard back in Aldo's hometown. He's very timid, making it an odd choice of job for him, but his attention to armor and background as part of a mining family has resulted in the in an overall improvement in the guard's equipment.
- Cowardly Lion: While he's easily frightened, that never actually stops him from fighting monsters. His personal abilities allow him to enrage enemies into prioritizing him as a target over his companions.
An archer who's also skilled with the lute. Although was raised by a traveling troupe of performers and is a talented musician, she's shy and is uncomfortable vocalizing. In fact, singing is the main kind of performance she refuses to do.
- Curse: Parisa's voice is cursed so that her singing causes all that hear it to become depressed. She has no idea how when or where it was cast on her.
- Happily Adopted: By the traveling troupe that took her in. She considers the man who taught her to play the lute to be her father.
- Magic Music: She uses her lute playing to dispel an illusion in her first quest.
- Shrinking Violet: She has trouble asserting herself, which is not helped by her curse.
Pom is a researcher from Elzion that invents potions and tests them on other people without their permission. In particular, she's trying to develop a love potion.
- Love Freak: She's obsessed with love, and helping other people develop it. Except instead of being hopelessly naive like normal for this trope, she's a mad scientist.
- Say It with Hearts: She likes to pepper her dialogue with heart symbols.
- Unwitting Test Subject: Since no one would ever agree to do her tests if she told them about it, she tends to to present her concoctions as something mundane, like medicine or water.
Shion is a samurai from the east, who is an expert katana wielder despite his young age. Outwardly, he is reserved and cold, but he shows a lot of affection towards cats.
- Introverted Cat Person: He's not the most sociable person around, but loves cats. He carries around sardines to give to any cats he meets.
- Morton's Fork: To disobey his master would bring shame as a samurai, but to carry out his mission to kill King Miglance would bring shame to his ancestors.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: As a samurai, he is loyal to his master, even when he gives orders that Shion would rather not follow.
- No True Scotsman: No cat lover is an evil person. An evil person who has cats is not a true cat lover.
A girl from Elzion who is supposedly a reincarnated spirit from the demon realm. She can be foul at times, but will always aid others in need.