Played by: Drew Seeley
- Abusive Parents: He does not have it as bad as Mary, but his parents seem to view him as a meal ticket. It is implied that they became this way after he became successful.
- Child Popstar
- Even the Guys Want Him: His male fans are just as crazy about him as his female fans. When he sets up a booth to find the mystery girl from the dance, a bunch of boys get in the line.
- Nice Guy
- Prince Charming
Played by: Nicole LaPlaca
- Alpha Bitch: Though considering Mary's sisters are her only apparent friends, she might not be so popular.
- Evil Counterpart: To Mary, as a love-interest for Joey. The movie highlights this during the two-way mirror sequence.
- Evil Is Petty: She bullies poor Mary for being a "charity-case.
- Karma Houdini: Though Joey could easily ruin her for all that she did to Mary, she never receives any punishment, though she does admit defeat to Mary in the end, though possibly to save face. Since the movie never shows her to be rich though or as talented at dancing as Mary and the other kids at Joeys contest is possible her entire social standing relies on Joey. Without him, she likely lost everything.
- Woman Scorned: It is implied that Joey and her broke up years ago. She still wants him back, for his fame mind you.