- Voiced by: Finty Williams (2002); Charlotte Spencer (2009)
The main character.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: In "Angelina's Surprise", what had her upset was that the Pinkpaws had a little brother but, by the time "Angelina's Baby Sister" rolled around, she wishes that Matilda (her mother) didn't have a baby.
- Catchphrase: "I'm Angelina Ballerina, and (the plot)" and "Hoop-dee-doo!".
- Cool Big Sis: To Polly in The Next Steps.
- The Ditz: From time to time.
- Drama Queen: In Angelina Ballerina, she'd whine a lot when something doesn't go her way, and was pretty much prone to hysterics when under stress. This was toned down in The Next Steps, though.
- Full-Name Basis: In the The Next Steps, Polly would sometimes call her "Angelina Ballerina".
- Green-Eyed Monster: One of her biggest flaws is jealousy.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: She has a very sweet, friendly personality, but also has a fiery temper and a very stubborn nature when she's upset, which Sammy and William have discovered on the days when they get on her bad side.
- It's All About Me: See front page. This was more emphasized in "Anya's Visit", as she lashed out at Anya because Miss Lily opted to take the former to ballet instead of her.
- Pink Means Feminine: Her bow and tutu are both pale pink. Her fur changes to pink in the 2009 incarnation.
- Prone to Tears: Often falls apart into tears when things go wrong in the original series.
- She Is All Grown Up: In the 2009 incarnation, she appears to be a pre-adeloscent.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl to Alice's tomboy, as she prefers ballet and wears pink.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cheddar cheese pies.
- Voiced by: Jo Wyatt (2002); Naomi Mc Donald (2009)
Angelina's best friend.
- Big Eater: Downplayed but, in much of the episodes she's in, she tends to eating.
- The Lancer
- Meaningful Name: "Nimble" means quick. Therefore, she's quick with her toes.
- Sweet Tooth: Often seen munching on sweet snacks.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Angelina's girly girl, with herself preferring gymnastics over ballet and wearing green.
- Voiced by: Leah Zabari (2009)
Angelina's little sister.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: In the 2009 series, she has white fur, instead of the dark grey she was born with.
- Age Lift: In The Next Steps, she's four.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Initially. When she first debuted, Angelina couldn't stand her crying or how she got more attention.
- Cheerful Child: She's always happy.
- Voiced by: Keith Wickham
A friend of Angelina's, who has a crush on her.
- Extreme Doormat: William has a very passive, soft-spoken nature, and he's frequently shown to have trouble standing up for himself, which leads to him being easily influenced for the worst, or letting kids like Sammy walk all over him.
- The One Guy: He's one of the only boys in Angelina's ballet class, who deeply loves the sport, though sometimes he feels self-conscious about it.
- Real Men Wear Pink: He takes ballet along with the girls.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Sensitive Guy to Sammy's Manly Man.
- Voiced by: Jo Wyatt
A grey mouse who wears a hat.
- The Bully: Sammy has quite the mean streak to him, and he enjoys mocking the other kids for their perceived weaknesses and inadequacies. William tends to get the worst of his bullying for being a boy who loves ballet and mostly hangs out with girls.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite keeping up a tough front, Sammy does prove himself to be a decent kid on occasion, who will admit to being wrong and do the right thing out of gratitude or his conscience getting the better of him. Stories like Angelina's Princess Dance also make it apparent that Angelina and her friends consider Sammy to be more of a nuisance or a frenemy than an actual bully.
- Laser-Guided Karma: In "The Cheese Ball Cup Final", Sammy and his pals mock William for loving ballet instead of playing a more manly sport, so William, feeling embarrassed, decides to drop out of his classes and join their Cheeseball team so he can prove himself. From there, Sammy picks on him even further for being a terrible player. Eventually, Sammy's foot breaks right before a big game, so William has to stand in for him, and William manages to win his team the match by putting his dance moves to good use. Not only does Alice step right on Sammy's broken foot when she gets over-excited about William's victory, but he and his pals are forced to learn ballet as well by their coach when he's impressed by William's performance.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Manly Man to William's Sensitive Guy.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Sammy and Angelina are constantly on each other's case about something, since Sammy is a troublemaker and Angelina is one of the few characters in the series who's always willing to stand up to him: comedic hijinks tend to insue. A few episodes like Two Mice In A Boat and Show And Tell involve the kids having to put aside their differences for a change.
- Wild Card: Sometimes Sammy liked to cause trouble on his own, other times he'd join the Pinkpaw twins in troublemaking, and a few times, he actually helps out Angelina and friends!
Pricilla and Penelope Pinkpaws
- Voiced by: Jo Wyatt (Pricella), Jonell Elliott (Penelope)
Twin mice that pick on everyone (even each other).
- Alliterative Name: Self-demonstrating.
- The Bully: Goes without saying but they mostly pick on Angelina and Alice.
- Coordinated Clothes: In a sense, as the wear wear purple and lilac.
- Deadpan Snarker: Much of their dialog is this and it's combined with Passive-Aggressive Kombat.
- Girly Girl with a Tomboy Streak: They don't wear pink, which Priscilla points out in "The Ballet Tickets".
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Doubling as a subtle Color-Coded for Your Convenience, Priscilla wears a purple bow and her sister wears a lilac one. Their tutus, however, are in the color of the opposite's bow.
- Rich Bitch: Some details imply they're from a more well-off family, which adds to their nastiness towards everyone.
- The Rival: To Angelina, as, besides being so mean, they aren't as talented as Angelina.
- Voiced by: Jo Wyatt
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Has a rivalry with Angelina, but besides her competitive nature she's really sweet.
Ms. MimiAngelina's teacher in the sequel series.
- Cool Teacher
- The Faceless: When she first appeared. Luckily, her face will be shown in the next episode.
- The Mentor
- The Silent Bob: In episode "Angelina's Musical Day", but she got better.
- Voiced by: Judi Dench
- Cool Teacher:She's nice and charismatic with her students.
- Put on a Bus: She had this happen to her when The Next Steps rolled around.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: She's from "Dacovia" and, from what we've seen, she's meant to be show's equivalent of someone from Eastern Europe.
Anya MouseokiA mouse from a migrant family.
- Informed Species: She looks more like a fancy mouse than an actual harvest mouse, however, this is justified.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: Shes a harvest mouse (a nomadic group of mice who live in tents), which seems to be basically the shows version of Travellers/Romani people.