open/close all folders
- The Ace: Pictures, runway, challenges, social media.
- Subverted at the go-see; only one other contestant failed to get any bookings.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Pre-makeover.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: On occasions.
- Broken Record: Some fans have incorporated Jourdan saying "I got married at 18 and divorced at 18" into this cycle's ANTM Drinking Game.
- Domestic Abuse: By her former husband.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Post-makeover, although she notes that she's afraid of being seen as a "Barbie."
- Flawless Victory: The sixth winner to win with No-Damage Run.
- Keeping the Enemy Close: Which is her reasoning behind sharing the Tyra suite with Renee.
- Lonely at the Top: Only two former contestants chose to support her out of the final 3. On top of that, only Chris H. supported her voluntarily, Mike practically had to be bribed to do so.
- Narcissist: Played With. After winning her first best photo in the previous episode, she stares at her photo multiple times throughout the episode which causes some annoyance with other contestants.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Accused of doing this by the other contestants as well as Tyra.
- The Rival: To Renee.
- She's Got Legs: "For days," according to Rob Evans.
- Worthy Opponent: Declared to be this by Renee.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: He used to be embarrassed that his father was a janitor.
- Cartwright Curse: Whenever he got close to a girl, it wasn't too long after she was sent off. Since she made it to the penultimate episode, it was subverted in Renee's case.
- Casanova Wannabe: He has admitted to being attracted to Bianca, Jiana and Renee, which earns him the nickname "Starvin' Marvin."
- The Dutiful Son
- Graceful Loser
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Very close to Don.
- Men Don't Cry: He's the guy who averts this trope the most this cycle. Often leads to...
- Manly Tears: He doesn't take the Jeremy/Kanani double elimination well at all, and cries a lot because of it. And again when Don is eliminated.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: Cory invokes this in-universe by repeatedly calling him and Renee "Marnee".
- The Prankster: Came up with the idea of pranking the girls. He pranked Kanani with a wind-up, singing clown toy, which distracted her during her shoot.
- Rags to Riches: He describes his success on ANTM as this because he grew up in the Bronx.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: He refuses to insult interviewees during the Perez Hilton challenge and gladly accepts getting a low score for it.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: In some episodes.
- Bald of Awesome: Post-makeover, especially since the judges keep telling him he needs to appear more manly. He's notably upset about this at first, but begins to grow into it.
- Deadpan Snarker: The sassy side of his camp personality.
- Drag Queen: In one challenge, where the guys had to dress up as girls for a perfume commercial, he says that he does, and the audience gets pictures of him doing so.
- Keet: Has his giggly moments.
- Nice Guy: Tries to get along with everyone despite their different flaws.Cory: "All I could do was encourage all four of them to apologize to one another. Youre not here to fight. And if the fight was about a dish... you just do the damn dish and move on."
- Pass the Popcorn: His reaction to the escalating tension between Chris H and Jeremy.
- Shipper on Deck: He starts calling Renee and Marvin "Marnee" in episode 13.
- Team Dad: Tries to keep out of the drama and act as a mediator.
- Trying Not to Cry: After being eliminated right before the final runway show.
- All Take and No Give: In his relationship with Nina.
- Alpha Bastard
- Friendship Moment: With Nina as early as the first episode.
- Jerkass Woobie
- Kick the Morality Pet: To Nina, even the times he didn't even mean it.
- Manipulative Bastard: How some of the contestants view his relationship with Nina was.
- Nerd Glasses: Occasionally.
- Parental Abandonment: By his mom when he was 18.
- Platonic Life-Partners: Again, with Nina.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Thanks to Marvin.
- Face Your Fears: Of big animal costumes, of all things.
- Fatal Family Photo: A picture of her and her grandmother who died of cancer, shown in Episode 14.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: Cory invokes this in-universe by repeatedly calling her and Marvin "Marnee".
- The Rival: To Jourdan.
- Sassy Black Woman
- Tsundere: Towards Marvin.
- Back From Elimination: Thanks to the social media vote.
- Hunk: It's said several times that he has the best body of all the guys. His elimination during the nail photoshoot (pictured; it was neck-up) drove home how dependent he was on his body, however.
- Man Scorned: Did not take being rejected by Jourdan well, also see Wham Line below.
- Momma's Boy
- Mr. Fanservice: The editors certainly have declared him to be this.
- Shirtless Scene: Seems to get a disproportionate amount of these, compared to the other guys. One even helped him win the Perez Hilton-sponsored challenge that upset Marvin so much.
- Wham Line: Gives one to Jourdan in episode 11.Jeremy: "You just said Chris has to know what love is to have respect. But how do you know what love is when you got divorced at 19? You dont know love."
- Break the Cutie: Episode 13 makes us believe that Chris's behavior starts doing this to her.
- Friendship Moment: With Chris H. as early as the first episode.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Post-makeover.
- Distracted by the Sexy: He admitted to flirting with the judge of episode 8's challenge to win it.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Very close to Marvin.
- Out of Focus: He barely got any screentime until his elimination episode. Even then the episode only focused on his failure at the underwater runway challenge, so he didn't even get An Elimination In The Limelight.
- Why Did It Have To Be Heights?: He states that heights are his only fear, right before being instructed to walk a runway down the side of a building.
- Back From Elimination: In episode 9, thanks to the social media vote. Subverted though, as she's eliminated again the episode after.
- Cosmetic Catastrophe: During casting week.
- An Elimination in the Limelight: Her heart condition wasn't focused on until her second elimination episode.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Pre-makeover.
- Fallen Princess: Her businessman dad broke.
- Health Care Motivation
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Post-makeover.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Discussed. Phil actually has ADHD.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: The recap episode played up this side of him even more.
Bianca "Kanani" Andaluz
- Ambiguously Brown: She's half Cuban.
- Boyish Short Hair: Post-makeover.
- An Elimination In The Limelight: She was lucky to get as many as two sentences of screentime in any episode prior to her elimination.
- Monster Clown: She's afraid of clowns for this reason.
- One Bianca Limit: Enforced by changing her name to avoid confusion with Bianca Alexa.
- Which segues into being Only Known by Their Nickname.
- Teen Pregnancy: She was nineteen during the competition, while her daughter was pushing two.
- Competence Zone: Discussed. With 27 years of age he's the oldest contestant the show has had up to that point outside of All-Stars.
- Monty Hall Problem: At least as he perceived it. Originally a Cory supporter at the Guess campaign. Jumps ship to Jourdan when Johnny announces a $1000 bonus for everyone who supported the winning contestant.
- Hypocrite: She says she isn't afraid of heights, yet she thought the vertical runway was "crazy" and opted to hang limp on the way down.
- One Bianca Limit: Enforced with Bianca Andaluz changing her name to "Kanani".
- Tempting Fate: "I am not intimidated by anything and I think I could totally win it all."
- We Hardly Knew Ye: First elimination, followed immediately after by Chris S.