Eva Marcille Pigford was a contestant and winner of Cycle 3 of ANTM.
- Alpha Bitch
- Badass Boast
- In the auditions:
Ms. J: "Careful. It might fall off. Don't let that happen!"Eva: "It's not gonna fall."
- During runway practice where they had books on their heads:
- Big Entrance: In her audition.
- Book-Ends: The last scene of the first episode shows her as the last girl called to be part of the 14 finalists.
- The Cutie: is petite, young, fun and cute.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: After her makeover.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: During the Alter Ego pictorial◊.
- Heel Realization: After Tyra's Kirk Summation in the first episode, she immediately apologized to the other girls for her antics.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: at times was Jerkass, but was sweet other times.
- The Napoleon: she is only 5'6", but what she lacks in height, she makes up for in attitude.
- Red Baron: The Diva.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Ann.
- Sassy Black Woman: Tyra tells her, "I don't want to cast another black bitch".
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Ann's Tomboy. She became the Tomboy to Yaya's Girly Girl in the final two.
- Why Did It Have To Be Spiders?: during the spider photoshoot, she showed some intense fear of spiders, and almost refused to do it.
After finishing in second place in Americas Next Top Model, where she is considered one of the most memorable contestants, DaCosta went on to a successful career. Yaya only appeared once in the bottom two during the competition.
- The Ace: She graduated from an Ivy League, is shown fluent in Spanish and French, a passionate dancer, and sometimes moonlights as a Cool Teacher to her mom's school. During the competition, she won five challenges and two best photos.
- Black and Nerdy: she is a student at Brown University
- Brainy Brunette: she is very smart, went to Brown University, speaks several languages, and was often accused of being too analytical.
- Cultured Badass: she speaks several different languages and has travelled a lot
- Graceful Loser: Despite seeming quite overconfident and self-assured during the show, Yaya was very humble about being declared runner-up.Yaya: "They wanted something a little more bubbly...and they got her."
- Insufferable Genius: At her worst.Yaya: "There's one person eliminated every single time. And that one person should not be me. And if it is, I need to have a talk with the judges."
- Ironic Echo: She lectured the other girls about respect in the early episodes. Once they get to Japan, the panel lectured her regarding the same matter.
- Nerds Are Sexy: she is very smart, and speaks several languages.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Her real name is Camara.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: During the Alter Ego pictorial.
- The Runner-Up Takes It All: has had success as an actress since the show.
- The Smart Girl: she is very smart, and is not afraid to let others know it.
Before appearing on Americas Next Top Model, Swafford modeled under the name Amanda Mellard in Austin, Texas, where she was a somewhat established figure in Austins fashion community. After appearing on Americas Next Top Model, Swafford modeled for Levis in an ad campaign with other visually impaired models. In 2005, Swafford announced plans to write a multi-sensory book for children.
When Amanda tried out for the Cycle 3 of Americas Next Top Model, the judges all noted that her most stunning feature was her Icy Blue Eyes. Though her stunning eyes were her assets, they could also be considered a liability as she was legally blind. But that did not stop her from wanting to participate as a cast on the show and she was called 10th during casting.
The judges were amazed by her photos, especially the un-retouched beauty shot that she took during the third week of the competition. She was never once criticized by the judges for being too old for the competition, despite her being 25 years old at the time. When she went on her go sees in Japan, she was told that she was too old by one of the designers.
She participated in the finale along with winner Eva Pigford and Yaya Da Costa, but Amanda was eliminated when she and Eva were in the bottom 2. The judges had a difficult time deciding whom to send home, as all three contestants had strong CoverGirl photos, and all 3 were considered strong contenders, but in the end, it was Amanda. One of the judges, Janice Dickinson, was a dissenting voice on the judging panel, saying, "I love you!" to Swafford when she was eliminated. She was voted as one of the most memorable contestants by AOL entertainment.
Due to her retinitis pigmentosa, she has since gone completely blind.
- Establishing Character Moment: Arguably also counts as a Wham Line.Amanda: I'm legally blind.
- Celebrity Resemblance: with Annie Lennox
- Cool Mask: Alternate Amanda in the Alter Ego pictorial◊.
- Pink Means Feminine: "Real" Amanda.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: after her makeover
- Horrible Judge of Character: Accused Eva of stealing her laundry and money. After she realized she was wrong, Hilarity Ensues.
- Icy Blue Eyes: her distinguishing feature
- Inspirationally Disadvantaged: she is legally blind, but tries not to let her disability get in the way of her modelling skills.
- Meganekko: Occasionally wears glasses.
- Morality Pet: To Janice Dickinson.
- Team Mom: she was the oldest girl of her season, had a young son, and (in the first few episodes) acted as a mother figure to the other girls.
- What Beautiful Eyes!: her most distinguishing feature, yet alos her most tragic.
- Your Days Are Numbered: Days "seeing" instead of days "living" but the spirit of the trope is the same. She said at the time she would lose her sight by the time she was 30.
Born in Erie, Pennsylvania, Ann juggled being a student at Mercyhurst College (where she was a NCAA water polo player) and a pharmacy technician prior to her participation on Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 3. Aside from being an aspiring supermodel, Ann is also an All-American water polo player.
Ann came close to making it to the Top 3 of Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 3, but was the tenth contestant eliminated from the show. During her stay in the competition, her athletic build prompted supermodel judge Janice Dickinson to bless her with the nickname, Ann, The Man. The judges finally gave in to Anns inability to produce strong and impressive photographs after the tenth photo shoot, despite Anns consistently strong performances on the runway.
After her appearance on the show, Ann became highly successful as a model in the fashion industry.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Pre-makeover.
- Amazonian Beauty: she is one of the tallest girls of her cycle
- The Chew Toy: Especially around Jay Manuel.
- Does Not Know Her Own Strength: performed poorly in shoots at times because she did not have confidence in herself.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Post-makeover.
- Facial Markings: During the Alter Ego pictorial.
- Pretty in Mink: "Real" Ann.
- Foil: To Norelle, who is good at taking pictures but sucked badly on her runway walk.
- In-Series Nickname: Eva occasionally called her 'Anna-banana" or simply "banana". Janice also called her "Ann, the man".
- Morality Pet: To Eva
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Pre-makeover.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Eva.
- The Runner-Up Takes It All
Norelle Van Herk
As a finalist on Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 3, Norelle was the only competitor among the fourteen girls who came into the competition with braces on her teeth. Her braces were removed as a part of her makeover for the show.
Although her overall performance was impressive, her blunders in the Tokyo photo shoot and her difficulty walking on the runway were what compelled the judges to make Norelle the ninth contestant to be eliminated. Her photo shoot for T-Mobile went well, but was not well enough to keep her on the show for another week.
- Adorkable: Especially before her makeover.
- Artistic License Geography: Played for Laughs.Norelle: "I don't know if they're called Japanese people from Tokyo or Tokyians?"
- Beautiful All Along: after she gets her braces removed.
- Cat Girl: She's a Hello Kitty fan and does the "cat pose" quite often.
- Costume Porn: During the Alter Ego pictorial.
- Facial Markings: Alternate Norelle
- Foil: To Ann, who have a good runway walk but struggled hard in the photoshoots.
- Genki Girl: has a sweet, fun personality.
- Modesty Bedsheet: The Japan episodes showed her sleeping topless or nude.
Nicole Borud is a bisexual fashion model from Seattle, Washington, and was a former punk rocker before she auditioned for Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 3. She is a graduate of Magic City Campus High School, where she was a member of the Art Club, the Latin Club, the French Club, the Drama Club and the National Honor Society. She is originally from North Dakota and only had $400 in her possession when she made the trip to Seattle.
For the ninth week of Americas Next Top Model Cycle 3, the remaining girls, including Nicole, were flown to Tokyo in order to shoot a Japanese commercial for Campbells Soup. Although all the girls had a difficult time, most especially with learning their lines (which were in Japanese), it was Nicole whom the judges felt did not come through the commercial enough, thus making her the eight contestant to be sent home.
- A Death in the Limelight: the judges purposely forgetting her, creating a reason for her elimination.
- Bi the Way: identifies as bisexual.
- Covert Pervert: During the acting challenge, the girls were asked by the mentor to close their eyes and tell her the first thing they saw. Nicole responded with nothing because...Nicole: The first thing I saw was not appropriate, so I had to just say I didn't see anything!
- Deadpan Snarker: often makes snarky comments at times.
- Fiery Red Head: her personality was not entirely "fiery", but her hair was bright red after her makeover.
- Hotter and Sexier: "Real" Nicole in the Alter Ego pictorial.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Alternate Nicole.
- Out of Focus: It bit her hard in the end.Nicole: Ouch! Oh, that's not good..
Toccara was the eighth contestant eliminated on the third cycle of Americas Next Top Model, where she won Covergirl of the Week five times. She was voted as one of the most memorable contestants by AOL Entertainment.
- Badass Boast: During casting.
Toccara: "You can shave my head off bald and I'm still gonna walk out here like a goddess."
- During makeover.
- Big Beautiful Woman: The show's Trope Codifier.
- Big Entrance: In her audition.
- Breakout Character: one of the most memorable contestants from the show
- Dark-Skinned Blond: During the Alter Ego pictorial.
- Genki Girl: has a fun, energetic personality.
- Graceful Loser: she accepts her elimination gracefully.
Cassie Ann Grisham is from Norman, Oklahoma. Before becoming one of the 14 finalists on Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 3, Cassie was majoring in International Business at Oklahoma University.
On Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 3, it was revealed that Cassie was suffering from bulimia. Tyra offered to give her counseling, but she refused it, choosing to deal with the condition on her own. However, it was not Cassies condition that made her the sixth person to be eliminated from the competition. Rather it was the lack of fierceness in her photos and her apparent disinterest that drove the judges to send Cassie home.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: she has long blonde hair
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: She uses to be a stripper before joining the competition.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Mr. Jay compared her to a Disney character
- Ms. Fanservice: she was a stripper before the show.
- Pink Means Feminine: During the Alter Ego pictorial◊.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Diet Coke. Arguably, brownies as well.
- The Unfettered: her goal is to lose weight, so she can become a top model, and will do whatever methods (healthy or not) in order to do so.
- Weight Woe: she is not fat by any means, but is very obsessed with her weight, and developed bulimia during the show.
This New York City, New York native has her own art gallery, which she named after her father. Her interests arent only limited to art, as she is also a fan of beauty. During her initial interviews, she mentioned that her friends called her a white girl in a black girls body. She also mentioned that her family was very well off. She also gained some controversy over her remarks regarding her appearance in photographs, saying that she felt she had a simian-looking jawline.
Kelle was sent to the bottom two with Ann Markley during the sixth week of Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 3. Although Tyra criticized them both for not bringing their great personalities into their pictures, the judges decided to take out Kelle, believing that she had less potential as a model. After being eliminated, Kelle remarked that shell try hard to build her career on her own, but did not seem overly optimistic.
- Butt-Monkey: to the judges, they often criticized her photos, her looks, personality, anything they could think of that day.
- I Am Not Pretty: after being criticized for her poor photos in panel, her self-confidence goes down significantly during the course of the show.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Struggled with this in the second episode.
- Valley Girl: people at home referred to her as "a white girl with a really good tan".
- The Whitest Black Girl: was criticized by Tyra and some of the black contestants for "acting too white".
Born in Pocatello, Idaho, Jennipher was working as a bartender before her appearance on ANTM.
Her time on Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 3 didnt last very long as she was the fourth contestant eliminated by the judges. During her short stay in the competition, Jennipher frequently had confrontations with Eva Pigford because of the latters attitude. She also did not mix well with Ann Markley, with whom she almost engaged in a fight. Part of the makeover that Jennipher received from the show was a haircut, which she did not enjoy, as she was even seen crying after the hairstylist gave her a shoulder-length hairstyle. The fifth challenge for the season was to pose with roller skates on for a Dooney & Bourke accessories ad. The photos that were taken of her did not impress the judges at all, cutting her journey to the top short.
- Digging Yourself Deeper: she basically dug her own grave when she mooned the judges.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Post-makeover.
Born in St. Louis, Missouri, Kristi was a student at the New York University during her appearance on the show. Her first real modeling gig was on Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 3.
Kristi was memorable for coming into initial auditions wearing her senior prom dress, which was made from an American Flag.
The fourth week in Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 3 had the models posing for Lee Jeans ads with hair extensions braided into their hair. Kristi Grommet may have had the looks and the body, but her lack of confidence during the challenge was what made Tyra and her fellow judges cut Kristi from the competition.
- Blonde Republican Sex Kitten: she has long blonde hair, and is a Republican who goes to school in liberal New York.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: she has long blonde hair, which she described as her best asset.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: she's also very sweet
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Her real name is Laura.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: was nervous before the topless jeans photoshoot, because she knew her parents back home would not approve.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: Well, it was actually an American flag dress.
Julie Ann Titus is from Kent, Washington and was a student at Bellevue Community College during her appearance on the show. She is of Indian descent and wants to project a new image for the Indian woman. Julie made her television debut as one of the 14 finalists in Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 3.
Julie seemed to have a promising start, but during the third photo shoot in Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 3, her performance fell short of being excellent to the judges. Furthermore, at the panel, Julie admitted that the reason why she joined the show was to gain more exposure as a clothes designer rather than a model. The revelation ultimately led to her elimination.
- An Elimination In The Limelight: in her elimination episode.
Before being chosen as one of the 14 finalists in season 3 of Americas Next Top Model, Leah Darrow was working as a sales associate. She lives in St. Louis, Missouri, but was born on a small farm in Oklahoma.
Although its clear that Leah possesses the physical attributes of a model, she was the second to be cut on Americas Next Top Model on Cycle 3. Her removal from the show was brought upon by Leahs plain and unimpressive photo shoot. The photographer remarked that Leah did not make eye contact with the camera and Tyra Banks commented that she did not position herself well in the pictures. After being eliminated, she walked away from the room without bidding the others farewell, but vowed to keep on pursuing her dream to become a professional model.
- An Elimination In The Limelight: received a lot of screentime before her elimination
- Farmer's Daughter: she comes from a small farm in Oklahoma to a strict Catholic family.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: has medium blonde hair, and an overall sweet personality.
- My Elimination Is Just The Beginning: she says this during her elimination
- Raised Catholic: she was raised in a strict Catholic home, and is now a devout Catholic.
From Worcester, Massachusetts, Magdalena was a student of the University of Massachusetts, where she majored in nursing.
Joining Americas Next Top Model Cycle 3 did not necessarily put Rivas modeling career into high gear as she was the first one eliminated from the 14 finalists. She did get a little taste of what professional models go through everyday when they were flown from New York to Jamaica to do their very first photo shoot.
- Celebrity Resemblance: With Zoe Saldana.
- Hospital Hottie: she was majoring in nursing at the time of the show.
- Non-Gameplay Elimination: She was ejected after the first photoshoot.
- Rapunzel Hair: she had long dark hair.
- Spicy Latina: she is of Puerto-Rican descent
- We Hardly Knew Ye: she leaves before the first judging panel.