Born in North Dakota, Nicole attended Red River High School and went on to study at the University of North Dakota and at St. Cloud State University in Minnesota, where she majored in marketing. She is currently attending California State University, Northridge. Prior to her appearance on Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 5, she was working at both Victorias Secret and Target.
When Nicole was a finalist on Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 5, her beauty and talent didnt exactly propel her to the top of the group. In fact, she had fallen to the bottom two twice, once after a photo shoot with the Wildboyz from MTV and another time after the CoverGirl shoot. However, the judges saw immense potential in Nicole, and even renowned photographer Nigel Barker remarked that even though she wasnt giving her 100%, she still was able to produce very good pictures. Nicole had gotten into a fight with fellow Top Model Finalist, Bre Scullark, when the former poured her energy drink down the sink and then proceeded to lie about it. Nicole was also quite insecure about her pale complexion, which greatly contrasted with her bright brown hair. Nevertheless, she made it to the Top 2 with Nik Pace, and her performance during the final runway challenge earned her all of the judges votes, consequently making her the fifth winner of Americas Next Top Model.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: In her audition.
- Art Imitates Art: She posed as the painting version of Girl with a Pearl Earring during the "art imitates art" pictorial.
- The Complainer Is Always Wrong: Her noticeable flaw.
- The Cutie
- Innocent Blue Eyes: she has large blue eyes, giving her a very youthful appearance.
- Mis-blamed: In-universe. Bre accused her of stealing her Granola bars.
- One Steve Limit: She is the first Top Model winner named Nicole. The other being Nicole Fox.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: both before and after the makeover.
- The Rival: Even before the Granola bar incident, she and Bre had on-and-off arguments since casting week.
- The Unfavorite: She said in her audition that her mom prefers her younger sister over her.
- Well Done Daughter Girl: After show her relationship with her mom became better.
- Why Did It Have To Be Birds?: During a challenge where they had to pose as statues, she gets attacked by pigeons, which causes her to freak out and botch the challenge.
Nik Pace was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She was a student at Bradley Tech High School, but moved to Atlanta, Georgia when she was in her third year. Prior to her participation on Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 5, Nik was working as an office coordinator and was under the care of Elite Model Management. She is Italian and African-American.
Although Nik was often criticized for not showing enough of her beautiful face in her photographs, the judges brought her all the way to the Top 2, along with other Top Model Finalist Nicole Linkletter. During the shoot for Secret Platinum Deodorant, Nik got into a fight with fellow Top Model finalist, Jayla Rubinelli. Nik felt that Jayla stole her secret, which was her fear of the dark. Because of this, Nik gave Jayla the silent treatment after the photo shoot. Nik and Jayla resolved their issues when they, along with the other Top 6 finalists, were flown to London. Nik did extremely well during the Bollywood-themed and CoverGirl shoots, but when it came down to the final runway challenge, the judges favored Nicole, consequently making Nik the runner-up.
- Beauty Mark: She has one near her eyebrow.
- But Not Too Black: she is a light-skinned African-American.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: After her makeover.
- Godiva Hair: In the episode 5 pictorial.
- Jiggle Show: Her runway walk was... bouncy to say the least.
- Ms. Fanservice: one of the prettiest girls of the cycle. She later released her own calendar filled with swimsuit photos of her.
- Neutral Female: She nearly subverts this with Jayla, but she have great self-control.
- Nice Girl: she does not really have any enemies in the house, except for Jayla who dislikes her.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Her real name is Erika.
- The Quiet One: Jayla dislikes the way that she presents herself as this quiet, nice girl to the judges.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: To Jayla.
- Statuesque Stunner: she is 5'9''
Probably best known for her raspy, sultry voice and spunky personality, Bre won over two challenges, was voted Covergirl of the Week twice and received one first call-out during her stint on ANTM. Bre was involved in a memorable argument with fellow contestant Nicole Linkletter when she accused Nicole of stealing her granola bar, and retaliated by disposing of all of Nicoles energy drinks. The girls refused to talk civilly until they reconciled during a day out in London when they were paired together, originally to their dismay. Years after the incident, Lisa revealed that she was, in fact, the one who stole the granola bar. She placed 3rd, despite her strong improvement, she was seen weaker than her two competitors Nik Pace and Nicole Linkletter. During her time on ANTM, Bre was also criticized for her height.
Bre appeared in an episode of Cycle 7 to critique the models on their walks and appeared in a Cycle 8 episode posing in a photograph with eventual winner Jaslene Gonzalez.
- Guttural Growler: Speaks with a sultry, raspy voice.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: her fight with Kim shows this
- Mona Lisa Smile: During the Art Imitates Art pictorial◊.
- The Napoleon: not exactly short (5'8"), but was criticized for her height by the judges.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Averted. Ebony referred to her as "Brittany" during auditions, which was the only time that someone did in this cycle.
- Redemption Equals Elimination: She and Nicole were able to patch things up before she got the boot.
- Revenge Before Reason: The whole Granola bar incident.
- The Rival: On-and-off with Nicole.
- Sassy Black Woman: She often makes jokes about her fellow contestants.
The then 20-year-old model from Tuscon, Arizona appeared to be one of the strongest contestants in the show. In the first few weeks, renowned photographer Nigel Barker often complimented Jayla during evaluation.
Jayla became close friends with fellow Top Model finalist and winner Nicole Linkletter, but had a major conflict with another Top Model finalist, Nik Pace. During the shoot for Secret Platinum, the girls were each asked to reveal one secret about themselves in the video. Nik accused Jayla of stealing her secret. When Jayla felt she was being ostracized by Nik and talked about by the other girls, she went on a verbal tirade against Nik in the confession room.
Jayla was able to make it to the Top 6 after a surprise non-elimination round. The 6 finalists were flown to London, where Jayla and Nik patched up their differences and became good friends. Unfortunately for Jayla, she was eliminated after two weeks when she failed to stand out in her Bollywood-themed photographs.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: she comes off as sweet, but Nik has no idea that she hates her.
- Arguably, she's also a Darker and Edgier Norelle from Cycle 3.
- Ms. Fanservice: she is a pretty girl, but not necessarily the best model.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: both before and after her makeover
- Rebellious Spirit: she was raised as a Jehovah's Witness, but has no problem with posing nude, smoking, swearing or drinking.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: To Nik.
- Smoking Is Cool: she is a smoker
Kim grew up in New York City and attended The Brearley School in Manhattan. In 2005, she earned a bachelors degree in government and international politics from Wesleyan University; she wrote her undergraduate thesis about U.S. foreign policy. After graduating from Wesleyan, Kim briefly worked in a law firm.
In fall 2005, Kim was a contestant on Cycle 5 of Americas Next Top Model. Kim, who was open about her sexuality on ANTM, was routinely criticized by some of the shows judges for having a masculine appearance.
Kim is most memorable for kissing fellow contestant Sarah Rhoades in the limo. She also made out with Sarah while the two were in bed together while living in the Top Model house. In an interview with the website AfterEllen, Kim stated: I think that a lot of people were very quick to merge my sexuality and gender, and that made them scrutinize my masculinity a whole lot more than they would otherwise. Kim was eventually the ninth contestant eliminated, making it to the final five.
- Deadpan Snarker: she often made snarky comments about her competitors in the confessional.
- Fiery Red Head: post makeover
- Fountain of Expies: There's Megan (Cycle 7) and Kayla (Cycle 15 & 17).
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: when she made out with Sarah.
- Gossipy Hen: loved to talk about her fellow contestants behind their back.
- Lipstick Lesbian: She's the show's Trope Codifier, though Kayla from Cycles 15 and 17 is a strong contender for it.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Sarah and Kyle. Later with Nicole.
- Smoking Is Cool: she is a smoker.
The then 23-year-old Los Angeles native claims to have been dared to send in an audition tape to Americas Next Top Model because her friends were obsessed with the show. After a year of persuasion, she decided to participate in the program realizing she had nothing to lose.
On the show, Lisa was the front runner of her season. She was portrayed as the girl with the most outrageous personality and the best model when it came to the photoshoots. She soon became known as the most notorious of the models, not scared to speak her mind to the other contestants. She would run around the contestants house with wigs, masks and weird outfits, and one time after getting drunk, she had a long conversation with a Pampas Grass bush she named Cousin It.
The judges eliminated Lisa eighth, as they perceived her confidence as arrogance, although her pictures and personality had been considered some of the strongest of the contestants.
Lisa has shown discontent with her elimination and the show in general by writing about it in her blog. She stated that she thought the show to be very manipulative in their ways and not very helpful in terms of learning new things about modeling. She believes that her modeling career would have been better off without the show since she was already booking jobs prior to being a contestant. She has stated: If you really want to model your better off just walking into an agency rather than audition for Americas Next Top Model. The show is a joke and is really only about drama. Shocker!.
- Abusive Mother: She had one.
- The Alcoholic: what Coryn calls her
- Attention Whore: she urinates in a diaper
- Breakout Character: Despite only coming in 6th place, she is one of the most memorable contestants, not just from this cycle, but from the whole show. She later returns for the All-Star season.
- Broken Ace: It will take around four years for her to start reconstructing herself.
- Bunny-Ears Model: has a crazy personality, but is also photogenic and a good model.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: not only does crazy things, but says crazy things all the time.
- Dark and Troubled Past: her mother was very neglectful towards her.
- For the Lulz: often does things for attention, such as talking to plants, goofing around on set, and urinating in diapers.
- Genki Girl: has a crazy, outrageous personality.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: she got so drunk one night, she started talking to a plant.
- I Call The Large Grass Cousin It: she did this while drunk
- Morality Pet: To Janice Dickinson.
- Rage Against The Mentors: After the show. Fortunately, they got better.
- Red Baron: The Wild Child.
- Shocking Elimination: The other girls said it best. Nonetheless, she'll come back with a vengeance six years later.Nik: "It was a surprising and shocking elimination."Kim: "Throughout the competition, Lisa is the girl who I thought will be on the top 3."
The Dexter, Michigan native was an aspiring model at the time of her appearance on the show. As a finalist, Kyle quickly became one of the favorites because of her warm personality and obvious beauty. Kyle and openly gay Top Model finalist Kim Stolz became good friends during the show, and it was no secret that Kim found Kyle to be the prettiest among the bunch.
Kyle delivered very good photographs each week, but after the photo shoot for Ford Fusion, the judges felt that she was still not expressive enough. Kyle was the sixth contestant to be eliminated from the show.
- Alliterative Name: Kyle Kavanagh
- Celebrity Resemblance: To Alyssa Milano, especially post-makeover. She was also told at another point that she looked like Ashley Judd
- The Cutie
- Gender-Blender Name: Kyle is usually a male name.
- Girl Next Door: Has a sweet, fun personality.
- Giving Someone the Pointer Finger: During the Secret ad shoot.
- Nice Girl: Seems to get along with most of the girls there.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: After her makeover.
- Statuesque Stunner: She was one of the tallest girls there
She is an aspiring model from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Prior to her appearance on Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 5, Coryn was working as a retail clerk in Minneapolis.
What were most noticeable about Coryn when she was a finalist on Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 5 were her athletic build, strong features and thick eyebrows. After the girls were given makeovers, Coryns features were toned down and her thick eyebrows were shaped more nicely. The judges didnt have too much of a problem with her build, but they did tell her that she would have to compensate for it. Coryns fellow Top Model Finalist Lisa DAmato was more open with her opinion about Coryns body, and at one point, told Coryn that she should stop working out. The remark irked Coryn, and she exchanged angry words with Lisa. The confrontation jarred Coryn, and when her photograph for a Secret Platinum deodorant print ad was reviewed, the judges couldnt get over the sadness that her eyes conveyed. Consequently, Coryn became the fifth finalist to be eliminated from the show.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: See Wham Line.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Pre-makeover.
- Celebrity Resemblance: With Michelle Rodriguez.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: After her makeover.
- Freudian Excuse: She doesn't get along with other people because her mom takes drugs to struggle with depression.
- Tomboy: Often seen exercising during the show, and Lisa criticized her for this.
- Wham Line: She and Lisa had a verbal spat during one of the challenges, prompting the latter to say that Coryn is presenting herself like a moron on national TV. She then responded with this:Coryn: "And what were you doing, alcoholic bitch!?"
- Younger Than They Look : She is only 19 yet she looks about the same age as Lisa
Before she joined the popular reality series, Diane, a plus-sized model, was working for Public Defender Bob Wesley in Orlando, Florida.
As a finalist, Diane was able to impress the judges with her great personality and beauty. Tyra Banks was happy to have a plus-sized model in the show again because Diane would be able to influence and encourage other plus-sized women to step out of their shells and go for their dreams.
Although Diane had much to learn about modeling, she was able to produce satisfactory photographs. However, as the weeks rolled by, and as the challenges and photo shoots became more difficult, Diane became more concerned with her body and image.
On the fourth week, the judges placed Diane and other Top Model finalist, Bre Scullark, on the bottom two. Unfortunately, Diane was the one sent home that week, as Tyra felt that her lack of self-confidence not only lessened her chances of winning, but was also sending the wrong message about beauty and weight.
As a finalist on Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 5, Sarah is most popular for her full lips and her special bond with openly gay Top Model finalist Kim Stolz. Her relationship with Kim reached a more intimate level when they shared a kiss, even though both of them were apparently involved with someone else back home. Before the kiss, Sarah was very clear about her heterosexuality.
Sarahs weakest point as a model was her inability to maintain her balance on the runway. She tripped several times during a fashion show challenge and the photograph she produced on the same day was not at par with the other finalists. Consequently, she was sent home after spending only three weeks in the competition.
After she was eliminated, Sarah was probed about her experience on the show, but the questions usually revolved around her sexuality rather than her modeling. On an AfterEllen.com interview, Sarah cleared things up by saying she and Kim are just friends, and that when she kissed Kim, she was not involved with another person.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: A blonde version of this, she was usually very quiet.
- Bi the Way: She kissed Kim despite having a boyfriend.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: One of the reasons Kim said she was so attracted to her.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: When she made out with Kim.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Kim.
Cassandra is an American actress, model, and beauty pageant queen from Houston, Texas. Cassandra attended Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi where she was a member of the Gamma Phi chapter of Delta Delta Delta sorority.
She competed in the Miss Texas Teen USA pageant from 2002 to 2004. She was a semi-finalist in both 2003 and 2004, and held the local title Miss Houston Teen USA in 2003. In these pageants, she competed alongside future Miss Texas USA Lauren Lanning (2006) and Magen Ellis (2007). In 2005, Jean (as Cassandra Whitehead) won the Miss Corpus Christi crown (a title held by Eva Longoria in 1998) and making the top 10 at Miss Texas USA 2005 (a title held by Eva Longoria in 1998) and made the top 10 at Miss Texas USA 2005. Jean competed in the Miss California USA 2008 pageant but was disqualified due to her appearance on Americas Next Top Model. The following year she was a judge for the Miss Newport Beach pageant.
Cassandra was chosen to compete on the UPN reality television show Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 5 but quit the competition during the fourth episode. She became emotional during the makeover episode, wherein her long, dark brown hair was cut extremely short and dyed blond. During the next judging round, host Tyra Banks was still not pleased with Whiteheads haircut, wanting to make it even shorter but Cassandra refused. Claiming that the producers gave her one night to consider her options, she walked out the following morning. She was recently voted one of the most memorable contestants by AOL entertainment. Cassandra made an appearance in The Cycle 5 Reunion, Americas Next Top Model: Where the Girls Are, and Americas Next top Model: Exposed.
- Beauty Contest: Won several of these before the show, often talked about her pageant experience, and made fun of for it by her competitors and the judges.
- Butt-Monkey: Was often mocked by her fellow contestants.
- I Coulda Been a Contender!: Unfortunately, we will never know how far she would have lasted had she not quit, but considering how well she did in the first two photoshoots, it is possible she could have made it far on the show.
- Non-Gameplay Elimination: She's the first person to quit the show.
- Rapunzel Hair: Pre-makeover.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Pre-makeover.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: When she quits
- Traumatic Haircut: What the makeover was for her, which ultimately led to her quitting.
Born Sylmar, California, Ebony Taylor was a student at Cleveland Humanities Magnet High School in Reseda, where her senior class voted her Most Likely to be Seen on the Red Carpet.
When Ebony made it to the finals of Americas Next Top Model Cycle 5, Ebony immediately became popular for her catch phrase, Dont Get It Twisted. She was the youngest contestant in Cycle 5, and during makeover week, received hair extensions and braids from Tyra Banks. However, her new look didnt result in great pictures, and for this, Ebony was the second to be eliminated from the show.
When she appeared on an episode of The Tyra Banks Show, she told the supermodel that she was sexually abused as a child, and that before her family (which consisted of Ebony, her mother and her four sisters) moved to Sylmar, they were living inside their car. She, at one time, worked as a spokesmodel for Italian and French clothing brands.
The then 22-year-old aspiring model from Fort Lauderdale, Florida was a successful boutique buyer in her hometown before her stint on Americas Next Top Model.
As a finalist on Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 5, Ashley became known for her confidence and strong belief that she had what it took to become the next winner of the competition. When she auditioned for the show, she remarked that being pretty ran in her family, and that all of her relatives look like celebrities. Ironically, it was her beauty that compelled the judges to eliminate her from Cycle 5, making her the first girl to be sent home from the show. The judges felt that the only thing Ashley was banking on to win the competition was her appearance, and when it came to modeling and posing for photographs, she was dull and lacking the IT factor.
- Celebrity Resemblance: With Charlize Theron.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: she is an attractive young blonde
- Proud Beauty: she is a pretty girl, and she tells the judges how her family has a "pretty gene".
- Screw the Rules, I'm Beautiful!: The judges accuse her of this in the first episode, and eliminate her for the same reason.
- Small Name, Big Ego: she tells the judges how "pretty" she thinks she is.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife