All For One
Debut: Issue #4: Deku's Homecoming!
All Might's Arch-Enemy and the most powerful Villain in all of Japan. After his last battle with All Might, All For One retreated into the shadows to recuperate and rebuild his empire, He has established a partnership with Mysterio in the last few months, lending him the Prowler's services in the meantime.
- Adaptational Early Appearance: He doesn't appear in person until after Izuku completes his one-week work study with Gran Torino in the original series. In this story, he pops up as early as Issue 3 to discuss business dealings with Mysterio.
- Arch-Enemy: Of All Might.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Wears a well-fitting suit while going into battle and is the most powerful Villain in the story.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Has formed one with Mysterio, providing him with manpower and supplies and receiving Mysterio's equipment in return.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: His identity and position as the true leader of the League of Villains is a huge surprise in the original My Hero Academia, but it's revealed much earlier in this story.
- Power Parasite: He can take away people's Quirks and give them to others. The reason why he's so powerful and feared is that he's spent a century stockpiling Quirks for himself.
- Superpower Lottery: In a world that revolves around Quirks, the ability to steal them and use them at will is among the most powerful of them all, not to mention the grievous wound he dealt to All Might, the World's Strongest Man.
Debut: Issue #1: What If?
A master thief who has just resurfaced after years of absence. A ruthless criminal who does not leave witnesses, she mysteriously spares Izuku after her attempted heist of a genetically-altered spider goes awry. She continues to evade capture even with the police force and Japan's greatest Hero on her tail. Her motives, identity, and clientele are all unknown.
- Adaptational Badass: In the comics, the Prowler is a Badass Normal who uses a variety of gadgets ala Batman. Here, she has the ability to manipulate her own gravity, enough Super Strength to hurt Peter, and the gadgets and training of her comics counterpart.
- Adaptational Superpower Change: In the comics, the Prowler is a Badass Normal. Here, she has some degree of Super Strength and the ability to manipulate her own gravity.
- Badass Biker: The Prowler is badass enough to be a match for Peter and has a customized motorcycle that she hops on to turn him into roadkill when they take the fight outside. In combination with her gravity Quirk and gadgetry, she's able to ride along walls and perform death-defying stunts that would make Ghost Rider jealous.
- Big "SHUT UP!": Says this to Peter after he webbed her up and won't stop quipping throughout their fight. Of course, it falls on deaf ears because he can't understand a lick of Japanese.Prowler: DAMARE!note
- Biker Babe: The Prowler calls in a customized motorcycle during her fight with Peter, fully intent on turning him into roadkill.
- Combat Pragmatist: She overturns a truck to force Peter to stop it, which ends up injuring him even more badly and making him easy pickings even after other Heroes began to arrive. She then attaches a bomb to Mount Lady's neck and threatens to kill her if the other Heroes intervene.
- Combo Platter Powers: She has the ability to manipulate her personal gravity on top of enough Super Strength to easily Neck Lift Izuku and beat the crap out of Peter, who both have the proportionate strength of a spider.
- Cool Bike: The Prowler's motorcycle can drive itself and hop along nearby vehicles so she could meet it in midair before driving it back down to the ground in preparation to fight.
- Create Your Own Hero: Her failed raid on the research facility allowed the spider to bite Izuku, giving him powers. After that, her bungled attempt to assassinate Peter led Izuku to rush into the fray to help him. This inspires All Might and gets him to encourage Izuku to become a Hero. In short, if it weren't for Prowler, Izuku would not have become Spider-Man.
- Dark Action Girl: The Prowler is Hell-Bent for Leather, badass enough to take on Spider-Man one-on-one, and has escaped capture from all of Japan's greatest Heroes.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: All For One implies that Prowler spared Izuku because she knows him personally in her civilian identity.
- Flipping the Bird: Gives the middle finger to Mysterio while he's busy chastising her for failing to kill Peter.
- Gender Flip: In the comics, the Prowler was the male Hobie Brown or Aaron Davis. Here, she's a woman.
- Gravity Master: Her Quirk lets her control her own gravity, allowing her and her bike to run along walls and ceilings.
- The Heavy: She's All For One's liaison to Mysterio and most frequent agent in the early parts of the story. Her actions drive the events that lead to Izuku's empowerment and her highly dangerous and destructive equipment gets the police to start looking into Mysterio.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: The Prowler is decked out in a purple leather top with a matching purple vest and a purple mask to conceal her identity.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Inverted. She utilizes a shinai while most of the Pro Heroes she fights don't.
- Implacable Woman: She's so determined to get her mark that it takes the likes of All Might to get her to think twice about chasing after Peter. Being kicked through a wall, weaving through oncoming traffic, and getting punched down the street do little to stop her prior to this.
- Japanese Delinquents: Prowlers costume, which includes a long coat with kanji on the back and semi-baggy pants, makes Izuku note she looks like a Villain version of a Sukeban delinquent. Prowler also has a tendency to use rude language and curse on top of using a metal shinai akin to the bats and other Improvised Weapons used by delinquents.
- Kick Chick: While she has a mean hook, she seems to prefer kicks when she isn't using claws, dropkicking Peter down the street and stomping on him with her boots.
- Kick Them While They're Down: She happily stomps on Peter's face while he's groaning and on the floor from his back, shoulder, and foot injuries.
- Leave No Witnesses: Her M.O., leading to Izuku's confusion when she clearly knew he was there but didn't decide to kill him.
- Leitmotif: The Prowler is given Overhaul's theme for her introduction, emphasizing just how intimidating she is to Izuku as well as her Japanese Delinquent aesthetic.
- Neck Lift: She picks up Izuku by the scruff of his collar when he gets in the way of her fight with Peter.
- Oh, Crap!: Has this reaction when All Might reveals that he swiped the detonation switch she was using to hold Mount Lady hostage and threw it into another prefecture, as it's the only thing keeping him from kicking her ass.
- Power Glows: She and whatever her gravity Quirk is affecting glows purple. Her claws glow green when activated.
- Purple Is Powerful: The Prowler is decked out in purple and is a world-class thief skilled enough to evade even All Might under certain conditions. She goes toe-to-toe with Peter after ambushing him at the abandoned building he's living in. When they take the fight to the streets, she takes Mount Lady hostage while she whaled on Peter. By the end, only All Might can save everyone from this predicament.
- Rocket Boots: The Prowler uses these to great effect against Peter, accelerating herself to slam him into the ground, performing mid-air acrobatics, and generally outmaneuvering Peter on most occasions.
- Secondary Color Nemesis: The Prowler's purple costume with green flame designs contrasts Peter's Primary-Color Champion.
- Shock and Awe: The Prowler's shinai can produce electricity, paralyzing those struck by it.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: She cusses up a storm while arguing with her client over the missing spider. When she's fighting Peter, he assumes that she's spitting a flurry of Japanese curses at him given the tone of her voice.
- Super Strength: She's strong enough to stagger the superhumanly strong and tough Peter with her blows and breaks his nose with a dropkick. She can also easily pick up Izuku, who recently gained a significant amount of muscle from the spider bite, by the scruff of his collar without a problem.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: She makes it clear to Mysterio that she doesn't like him and that she's only helping him because All For One told her to. She's constantly flippant towards him and refuses to reveal any information about herself to him.
- Thrill Seeker: She seems to be an adrenaline junkie, swan diving out of an open window to get into her bike while spreading her arms wide as if to savor the feeling off falling through the air. She also pulls off an intentionally dangerous stunt that nearly sandwiches her between her bike and a brick wall while chasing Peter through Musutafu. It's further emphasized by her outfit, which is decorated with green fire with giant kanji on the back of her jacket that read "danger" and "risk".
- Wall Run: The Prowler is able to run straight up a wall as if gravity didn't affect her. She can also apply this power to her motorcycle, allowing her to ride along walls.
- Where Does He Get All Those Wonderful Toys?: Prowler got most of her new equipment from Mysterio, which explains why it's so much more advanced than anything available to the Japanese government.
- Wolverine Claws: The Prowler's gloves elongate into these, easily slicing through an unfinished wall as if it were made of paper. They glow green when activated.
- Wooden Katanas Are Even Better: Played with. The Prowler doesn't leave witnesses and carries a collapsible metal shinai, which are traditionally made of bamboo, as one of her primary armaments, implying that she's able to bludgeon people to death with it. It's later revealed that it can also emit electricity to shock others and paralyze them.
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: Despite Izuku stumbling onto her and getting in her way when she is close to killing Peter, the Prowler is hesitant to physically attack Izuku. Instead, she tells him to mind his own business and threatens Izuku to back off. When they meet again, she chooses to fire a netgun at him rather than shoot him. Then it's subverted when she lifts Izuku into the air by the collar with her Wolverine Claws ready until Peter webs her in the face. Mysterio presses her on her hesitation, but she refuses to explain herself.