open/close all folders
- Origins: SuikodenGremio is the leader of the team. Armed with more determination and experience than most people can fathom, Gremio will always be willing to do whatever it takes to protect the planet he's been assigned to. Although Gremio is often concerned that his leadership skills aren't up to task, he will always pull through in the end and show just why he was chosen as the leader. His past, for the most part, remains unknown and he seems to want to keep it that way.Gremio appears to be hiding something from his team. What it is still remains a mystery...
- An Axe to Grind: Wields a hatchet.
- Badass Normal: Subverted. In every episode so far, he had proven that he is less normal than he looked by catching one of Yuber's swords with his bare hand, breaking a powerful force field that even Toad can't break without a single touch and deflecting a powerful dark magic shot from Zant easily. Only time could tell as to WHY he was hiding his power...
- The Leader: A Type 2. Even though he feels that he is not up for the task.
- Origins: Fatal FuryA former right-hand man to a feared crime boss, Billy turned over a new leaf when a lunatic unleashed his wrath on his home city of Southtown. Having lost everyone he knew, including his younger sister, in the carnage, Billy traveled to Corneria and fights to keep anyone else from suffering like he did. He is a skilled athlete and a formidable fighter with a bo staff that's as tall as he is.Billy acts as a second-in-command for the team. Should Gremio be somehow indisposed, Billy would make a suitable temporary replacement.
- Adaptational Heroism: Was a crime lord's right hand man with a violent streak. Here is a straight-up hero.
- Badass Normal: He doesn't have a soul tattoo, cybernetic parts, super strength, a secret power or even the ability to do everyday stuff with a hole through his chest. He is just an athletic guy with superior pole skills.
- Doomed Hometown: Of Southtown after Zant absolutely destroyed it.
- The Lancer: Shares this role with Ally. He is the unofficial second-in-command should Gremio but taken out of commission for some reason.
- My Greatest Failure: Letting his little sister, Lilly, die.
- Official Couple: With Malon at the end of Episode 3.
- Playing with Fire: Billy can create flames by spinning his staff around. It is nowhere as strong as Scorch's flamethrower but it still gets the job done.
- Simple Staff: Wields his trademark staff as always.
- Sole Survivor: He is the only one who survived Zant's murderous rampage on Southtown.
- You Killed My Sister: To Zant.
- Origins: Black & BruisedAlly is a powerful fighter, a long-time boxer and a feisty redhead with a VERY short temper. Her hometown was ravaged by a huge fire and Ally was forced to relocate to Corneria afterwards, mainly because she could get her brother some help, as he had fallen into a coma in an accident during the fire. Ally can get along well enough with the other members of the team so long as they don't push her buttons.Ally has a snake tattoo on her left arm, and she can summon a ghostly snake spirit from it to help her attack. This makes Ally the most-powerful fighter on the team.
- Action Girl: She was already a tough boxer before joining the A.S.H.
- Boxing Battler: As a boxer, she fights with her fists, usually only resorting to her Soul Snake as a last-ditch effort.
- The Lancer: Shares this role with Billy. While she isn't disobedient, she is the most likely to say her mind about a mission that she doesn't like. In Episode 2, she was the most vocal about Pink Monkey's diva attitude even though the A.S.H. came to protect her.
- Power Tattoo: She have the power to summon a giant snake out of the tattoo of her arm to attack enemies.
- Purple Is Powerful: Her "Soul Snake" as she calls is purple. It is also what makes her the most powerful member of the team.
- Soul Power: Her snake tattoo allows her to send out a ghostly snake.
- Tomboy: To Coco's Girly Girl.
- Origins: Crash BandicootHer village destroyed and her friends and family slaughtered, young Coco was forced to find a new life. However, having been disfigured in the same attack, Coco had to build herself a new arm and eye, although she still remains upbeat about things. She's the youngest member of the team and the most inexperienced in combat, but her cybernetics help Coco fight to even the playing field when the time comes for it.Coco is the smartest member of the team despite her young age. Coco has been able to create all of the gadgets and new tech that the team still relies on to this day...
- Action Girl: Not as much as Ally but she definitely has her moments.
- Artificial Limbs: Has a mechanical arm.
- Doomed Hometown: Her island after Dr. Neo Cortex unleashed a giant monster on it.
- Electronic Eye: After losing her eye during that monster attack, she replaced it with a red robotic one that shoots Eye Beams and taking pictures
- Fangirl: Of Pink Monkey.
- Gadgeteer Genius: She is responsible for the team's gadgets and tech. She even created six hoverbikes for the team and admitted that if she had more time, she could had made MORE.
- Girly Girl: To Ally's Tomboy. In Episode 2, it reveals that she loves shopping and pop music just like most teenaged girls.
- Life-or-Limb Decision: After losing her arm and her eye, she is forced to replace them with her own robotic parts.
- The Pollyanna: Lost her brother, all of her friends, her arm and eye and was forced to fix it herself and even after all that, she STILL managed to remain cheery.
- The Smart Guy: Serves as the team's technician and when she fights, she uses her cybernetic parts to fight to make up for her lack of strength.
- Sole Survivor: She becomes this when a giant monster killed all of her friends and brutally injured her.
- The Spock: Just like with technology, Coco has a good sense of logic. Because of this, she just couldn't accept that Scorch's PLASTIC flamethrower could work or that it could freeze over. Needless to say, Scorch wastes no time messing with Coco about it.
- Weak, but Skilled: She is described as physically the weakest team member but she also one of the deadliest.
- Origins: Super Mario Bros.Toad is a towering giant of muscle mass, although he insists that he wasn't always this way. He doesn't like talking about what happened in his past; In fact, Toad isn't really much of a talker to begin with. He prefers to let his fists do the talking, and because he's the strongest member of the team, he doesn't need to do a lot to do some massive damage. Toad is quick to lend a hand when asked, and he would rather keel over than let his team down.In addition to having his own younger sister in the form of Toadette, Toad tries to be a big brother figure to Coco due to her having lost her own brother in the past...
- Adaptational Badass: He had gone from a vertically-challenged squeaky-voiced retainer to a six-foot-tall muscle-bound powerhouse.
- Big Brother Instinct: Nothing is going to get in the way of him to make sure his sister, Toadette is safe. Zombie Apocalypse or Evil Sorcerer be damned. He is also this to Coco to a lesser degree.
- The Big Guy: He is obviously the biggest member by far and also the most physically strongest.
- Friend to All Children: Has a soft spot for children.
- Mighty Glacier: He is described as being the slowest member of the team.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: When Scorch tells him that he wanted to date Toadette, he promptly tells him no in his own way.
- One-Way Visor: Wears one for some reason.
- Super Strength: He is physically the strongest member and is able to catch a punch from a giant robot. Which trope is falls under to up to debate until his past is revealed.
- Origins: Army MenScorch, putting it lightly, is a little crazy. Being a pyromaniac is crazy enough, but being one made of plastic takes it to whole new levels. Scorch was part of an elite army group before a missile attack destroyed everything and everyone around him, plowing right through his torso on the way to its destination. Despite the gaping hole in his body, Scorch doesn't seem fazed by it and will throw himself headfirst into battle, laughing the entire way if he's pumped up enough...Scorch, true to his name, is armed with his trademark flame-thrower and never enters battle without it. This weapon is the most-powerful weapon in the team's arsenal, even though Coco has tried numerous times to emulate the power.
- The Chick: A more twisted example but he more or less keeps things light-hearted.
- Lampshaded in Episode 4 where he exclaims that joking and being a pyromaniac was all he COULD do, after the flamethrower acted up when fighting Glacius in his dragon form, thus ruining his chance.
- Fire-Breathing Weapon: His flamethrower which is described as the most powerful weapon. No matter how many times Coco tried to tone down the power. It even one-shot Glacius' dragon form. When it had been earlier stated that Hoven ice is very hard to melt.
- Kill It with Fire: His main method of offense.
- Only a Flesh Wound: He has a huge hole in the middle of his stomach. However, he seems to be doing all right.
- Phrase Catcher: "Shut up, Scorch."
- Playing with Fire: And he loves every minute of it.
- Plucky Comic Relief: He is described as the crazy one and he usually come up with a lot of witty one-liners.
- Pyromaniac: You have to be one to willingly fight with fire when you are made out of plastic.
- Token Evil Teammate: Downplayed. He does have a sense of morality but it is hard to see that when he is burning enemies to the ground while laughing maniacally.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair: And green clothes and even green skin to boot.
- Origins: TimesplittersFormerly a marine sergeant, Cortez was promoted to admiral after his efforts to stop a time-traveling alien race ended in success. Cortez founded the All Star Heroes, inspired to make a difference in all corners of the universe, and watches over each team from a space station hovering in the orbit of Corneria, where the main team is based in. He cares for his teams, and will be quick to check in if he thinks a team is in need of guidance.Although he has officially retired from active duty, being a manager for such a large number of groups has long-since given Cortez a deep-rooted desire to pick up a blaster and run into battle one more time...
- Big Good: He is the founder of the All-Star Heroes and watches over the many teams that scattered across the galaxy.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted as he is the Big Good. Doesn't stop him from using them to give Scorch a nasty Death Glare though.
- Origins: Mario GolfCortez's eager-to-please niece, Plum assists him on the A.S.H. space station and helps him keep tabs on the many teams scattered throughout the galaxies. Although she is cheerful and optimistic, Plum can sometimes feel the stress of managing the many teams, especially with her uncle wanting to go back into the battlefield again.
- Beware the Nice Ones: After one of her favourite pop stars had been hospitalized by Nina Cortex, she locked herself in her front and literally brutally attacked anyone who bothered her in her slump.
- Origins: Super Mario Bros.Toad's younger sister, Toadette moved to Corneria with him and currently works at the Corneria Library. Toadette is by no means a fighter, but she is far more level-headed than Toad and will often be one to give him some much-needed advice would he come looking for it, sometimes even being helpful in the fight against whatever threat the team is currently facing.
- Hot Librarian: Well, Scorch seems to think so.
- Miss Exposition.: She is usually the one to tell the team about vital information they desperately needed.
- Origins: The Legend of ZeldaA woman from the land of Hyrule, a place devastated by one of Zant's attacks. Having lost everything, including her father Talon, in the chaos, Malon helped take Zant down in Hyrule and moved to Corneria to start anew. She works at the library with Toadette and, after helping the team take Zant down a second time, has since started dating Billy, another survivor of a similar Zant attack.
- Big Damn Heroes: When the A.S.H.'s main plan of taking down Zant failed due to their lack of experience with White Magic, Malon steps in and uses Coco's invention to save the day.
- Doomed Hometown: Just like Southtown, her home, Hyrule was destroyed by Zant.
- Official Couple: With Billy after the end of Episode 3.
- White Magic: In Hyrule, men are trained to fight with swords while women are trained to fight with white magic. As you could guess, Malon learned the latter and turned out to be a great asset to A.S.H. when Coco's invention failed because none of the team were white mages.
- Origins: SuikodenA mysterious being with some powerful necromancy, Yuber usually relies on his army of the undead to help him fight, although he can manage just fine with a pair of twin swords. Yuber is a complete enigma, but one looking to stir up some chaos by any means, and shrouds his head in a hood, obscuring most of his face from view.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Wields his trademark twin swords.
- The Dragon: Apparently he is one for the Shadow Queen.
- Hidden Eyes: His hood covers their out.
- Necromancer: Has the ability to summon countless numbers of zombies.
- One-Hit KO: Gremio literally just gives him a very hard punch and he is down for the count.
- Origins: Crash Bandicoot
An old rival of Coco and niece of demented Mad Scientist Neo Cortex, Nina was long-thought dead in the attack that destroyed Coco's village. But when Nina shows up again out of the blue, Coco knows it can never be good news. Nina's arms are bionic and stretchable, giving her long reach for attacking and escaping.
- Energy Absorption: She used an energy-draining staff to steal the life essence of pop stars. Don't ask WHY she did so, it would just result in an overly-complicated rant.
- Evil Gloating: Well, she IS the niece of Dr. Neo Cortex so monologue is in the blood.
- Extendable Arms: She uses these for offense AND evasion.
- Shadow Archetype: To Coco. Both are Teen Geniuses who lost their closest loved one in a monster attack.
- Teen Genius: It is hard to say how old she is but she looks about the same age as Coco.
- Zant is a psychotic madman, serial killer and the one who destroyed Billy's home city of Southtown. He is skilled in a deadly form of black magic and doesn't seem to be capable of death, something officials have been trying to due ever since finally arresting him. Zant is always looking to pick up where he left off after his arrest, and will be quick to start his attacks again the instant he's turned loose on the people...
- Black Magic: His main form of attack.
- Dark Is Evil: From his dark colour scheme to his black magic, Zant fits the bill perfectly.
- Evil Sorcerer: He is deadly skilled in black magic and won't hesitate to hurt innocently people with it.
- For the Evulz: Killed countless amounts of innocent people just because he can.
- Kick the Dog: Purposely waited until Billy had his back turned literally for a few seconds giving him enough time to kill Lilly right in front of him.
- Serial Killer: He goes around destroying city just because he can.
- Sphere of Destruction: His plans of destroying Corneria was starting right at the top by destroying City Hall with a black magic bomb which is basically this.
- Weakened by the Light: Weak to white magic.
- Origins: Killer InstinctGlacius is the guardian of Hoven, an ice planet several galaxies away from the Lylat System and the home of a generally-peaceful race of ice people. In a recent attack on Hoven, Glacius became trapped on a small piece of his planet that broke away and spent a number of months drifting through space, feeding off the cold to survive. As time went on, he became more and more feral and assumed the form of a dragon as the piece of his planet drifted towards Corneria. After a brief fight with the A.S.H. team, Glacius was returned to his senses and sent back to Hoven.
- An Ice Person: As expected from a humanoid made entirely of ice, he has a lot of abilities surrounding around the element. The most noticeable example is the ability to shapeshift into a different icy form.
- Anti-Villain: Despite being Episode 4's Villain of the Week, he is not actually a villain. Hell, he is the guardian of his world and was trying to protect it from a war. However, after being blasted into space, he slowly loses his senses and try to freeze the entire world of Corneria to survive.
- Breath Weapon: As expected from a dragon, he uses an ice-based version of this.
- Not Himself: To save himself from dying in other space, he fed off the piece of ice he was floated on. However, as he slowly changes, he became more and more feral and by the time he had turned into a dragon, he has no control over his actions.
- Our Dragons Are Different: A dragon made out of ICE no less.
- World's Best Warrior: He is described as Hoven's strongest fighter.
- Origins: Ape EscapeA hugely-popular pop star that sells out concerts wherever she goes and has legions of fans, including Coco. Having had the dream to become a singer for years, Pink refuses to let herself burn out now that she's made it big. Although very talented, she is also a huge diva who will stubbornly refuse something she doesn't agree with for fear of it damaging her career in the eyes of her fans.
- Adaptational Heroism: In the canon games, she works for a group of Maniac Monkeys who cause chaos for the world. Here, she is a straight as an arrow Idol Singer. Due she still does have her Hair-Trigger Temper.
- Blue Boy Pink Girl: With Blue Monkey.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Again, with Blue Monkey.
- Idol Singer: She is a very popular pop star. Unfortunately, this also makes her a target for Nina who is targeting pop stars for an over-the-top and complicated reason.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: At first, she acted like an ungrateful and stubborn diva towards the A.S.H. and scoffs at their help but all she wants is give her fans a big show and after the A.S.H. saved her, she made them all backstage passes (which they refused because of her initial behaviour) and a signed autographed picture of her and Blue Monkey to Coco saying that Pink is HER number one fan.
- Origins: Ape EscapePink's close friend and manager. Blue manages everything that goes on off the stage in Pink's career, as Pink truthfully doesn't know the first thing about it. Blue had his own dreams, but gave up on them to travel with Pink, both to see that she didn't burn out and because he has a crush on the smaller monkey that even Pink doesn't seem to be aware of...
- Adaptational Heroism: Just like Pink, he used to be part of a bunch of Maniac Monkeys but now gone straight. Even more so than Pink seeing that in comparison to have Pink initially treated the A.S.H., he is much more grateful to them.
- Blue Boy Pink Girl: With Pink.
- Heroic Sacrifice / Taking the Bullet: When Nina shot her energy draining staff at Pink, Blue runs in and take the blow for her. Fortunately, he gets better.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Again, with Pink. Scorch even lampshades how freakishly tall he is.
- I Just Want My Beloved to Be Happy: A variant. He has dreams of being a pro racer but just when he was about to make said dreams come true, her crush, Pink was about to complete her dream of becoming a pop star. Because she doesn't know the first thing of management, he gives up his own dream to be Pink's manager.
- Super Speed: He is extremely fast, demonstrating this by running a good distance towards Pink and Nina after the latter's force field. had been destroyed just in time to take the bullet for Pink.
- Origins: Raving RabbidsTwo backup dancers for Pink Monkey that have been performing with her as long as she can remember. They don't do or say much off the stage (or on it, for that matter), and are prone to random outbursts of screaming and attacking each other with blunt objects. That said, it sometimes seems apparent that the Rabbids know more than they let on, although since they don't seem capable of speaking, they can't exactly say anything about it...
- Plucky Comic Relief: When your species is known for randomly screaming and attacking people with blunt objects, you naturally fits into this role.
- Those Two Guys: They are mostly just there to be comic relief and Pink's backup dancers. They DID tried to help out against Nina's Humongous Mecha. But... Not really well.
- The Unintelligible: They could only talk in screams.