Alice Heart is Queen Rougina's protegee. She has lived most of her life in the Heart Church and has recently moved to attend Phantasmagoria University in order to become an oneironaut. Her Traumen Mark is in her pupils.
- Alice Allusion: The entire plot is based on Alice in Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass and, being named "Alice" in setting like this, it sort of comes with the territory.
- Ambiguously Human: There are hints that Alice is a human that started turning into a Jabberwocky after falling into Wonderland that Rougina stabilized somehow.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: In Chapter 5, Alice accidentally falls asleep and has a sudden encounter with a separate, Nightmare-like version of herself, who has popped in and out at random times throughout the story. Nightmarish Alice tells Alice that she missed her and wants to be with her, at which point Alice bursts into tears, saying she just wants to live a normal life without Nightmarish Alice ruining it for her.
- Locked Away in a Monastery: According to the cast page, Alice has spent her entire life so far in a place called Heart Church.
- Nice Gal: Alice is the queen's protege and has been raised with no friends, but all provided, yet is extremely nice to everyone and completely ignores Fantastic Racism.
- Socially Awkward Hero: Alice haven't had much contact with others before her arrival in Phanty U, and sometimes it shows - especially when the Girl Posse latches onto her.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Alice seems to have something like his - whenever she's angry, she gets wide-eyed and starts spilling red dust around. It's implied that medicine she takes daily keeps it at bay. Learning more about Nightmares hints at a further connection.
- Wingding Eyes: A variation in that her pupils are wingdings - hearts, to be specific. Justified in that this is her Traumen Mark.
Edith Diamant is Alice's roommate. She is a shy girl from the lowest social class, and her mother is a diamond. Her Traumen Mark is on the back of her neck.
- Animal Motif: She has a hair ribbon that looks like rabbit ears and is easily scared. The author stated clearly that she's the story's equivalent to White Rabbit.
- Doorstop Baby: Edith reveals that she - and her siblings - are adopted in Chapter 5, and Edith was left on her adopted mother's doorstep. She never knew her biological parents.
- Happily Adopted: Shown to get along very well with the woman who took her in when she was a baby.
- Imagination-Based Superpower: Being a Diamond, she can create objects in the Dreamscape. However, any object requires a deep focus on it in order to bring it into fruition.
- Power of the Void: Not confirmed, but it's speculated by some readers that her white magic might work by manipulating The Nothing. One of the Dee reveals it's because she's a reverse suit.
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl: She has blue hair and she's much more timid and introverted compared to the cheerful and social Alice.
Mabel Klover is an assistant working in the campus library. She shares a Dream Simulation class with Alice and Edith, and is an optimistic intellectual girl. Her Traumen Mark is on the back of her right hand.
- And Then John Was a Zombie: In Chapter 6, after a Nightmare sprouts during the Dream Simulation, Mabel gets bitten by a Nightmare while trying to protect Alice - this is made even worse by a very gruesome transformation, on-screen. Poor Mabel.
- Brainy Brunette: Has brown hair and knows her way around the library well.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Protects Alice both before and after turning into a Nightmare.
- It Can Think: Appears to retain her sentience and sense of self due to not only saving Alice but start crying after her transformation.
- Kill the Cutie: When Mabel transforms into a Nightmare, the Jokers execute her not long after she finished off the Nightmare who bit her. To make matters worse, this all happened while she was crying over her transformation, and Alice has no choice but to sit and watch her friend die.
Rougina's right-hand woman and the one responsible for the other kingdom's duties.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has fuschia-colored hair.