open/close all folders
One of the two protagonists of the Aikatsu Friends! series. She is a student of Star Harmony Academy, initially having attended the normal division before transferring to the idol division. Aine is a cute-type idol whose preferred brand is Sugar Melody. Along with Mio Minato, the two are a part of Pure Palette.
- Image Color: PinkAge: 13-14 (S1), 15-16 (S2)Birthday: July 20 (Cancer)Blood Type: OTrademark Favorite Food: Tomato basil and cheese sandwichSpecialty: Music, getting along with others, and small talkType: CuteMain brand: Sugar MelodySchool: Star Harmony AcademyUnits: Pure PaletteVoiced by: Akane Matsunaga
- A Friend in Need: She has this attitude in general. She had no knowledge of idols before meeting Mio, and even before Mio asked her to become her partner in an audition she was quickly pledging her assistance to help, despite just meeting her earlier that day.
- Catch Phrase: "Donto koi!", or "Come at me with your best!"/"Bring it on!", and "Aim for one million friends!"
- Goal in Life: Hers is to make one million friends.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: The middle child among five in her family.
- Meaningful Name: Her last name contains the kanji for "friend", which is this series' main theme and relates to Aine's goal of aiming to get one million friends. Her first name can be translated as "love sound" (愛音), relating to her preferred brand Sugar Melody.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Has (mostly) pink hair and is kind and sweet to everyone around her.
One of the two protagonists of the Aikatsu Friends! series. She is a student of the idol division at Star Harmony Academy. Mio is a cool-type idol whose preferred brand is her self-created brand, Material Color. Along with Aine Yūki, the two are a part of Pure Palette.
- Image Color: BlueAge: 13-14 (S1), 15 (S2)Birthday: January 6 (Capricorn)Blood Type: ATrademark Favorite Food: Tomato basil and cheese sandwichSpecialty: Dining reports and designingType: CoolMain brand: Material ColorSchool: Star Harmony AcademyUnits: Pure PaletteVoiced by: Ibuki Kido
- The Ace: She's currently the top idol at Star Harmony Academy.
- Deuteragonist: As Aine's Friends partner, she received as much attention and development as Aine does, potentially even more so as many of her focus episodes emphasize breaking out of her shell and relying more on Aine's skill.
- The Fashionista: Founded her own brand, into fashion design and modeling, and is the cover model for a magazine.
- Meaningful Name: Her first name has several relevant meanings in the context of her color theme, modeling theme, and the show depending on what kanji is used. Several involve the kanji for "ocean" (海), "beauty" (美), and "sound" (音). Some notable ones include:
- (澪): "Waterway/channel". Combined with her last name, her full name can translate to "harbor waterway".
- (愛音): "Love sound", this being the same kanji that can also be used to spell "Aine".
- No Social Skills: Does great when on the job, but has a tendency to be unnatural when casually hanging out with friends. Aine, with her outgoing personality, helps her progressively break out of this.
- An example is when her friends came over and she assumed they all wanted to talk about her massive wall of Love Me Tear all day.
- Image Color: PurpleAge: 13-14 (S1), 15-16 (S2)Birthday: August 8Blood Type: OTrademark Favorite Food: DangoSpecialty: Dance and boxercisingType: SexyMain brand: Dancing MirageSchool: Star Harmony AcademyUnits: Honey CatVoiced by: Karen Miyama
- Catch Phrase: "It's getting riled up!".
- Meaningful Name: Her first name means "dancing flower". Her goal is to become Dancing Mirage's muse.
- Hot-Blooded: If her catchphrase is any indicator, Maika's a very passionate lady.
- Opposites Attract: Basically her and Ema's dynamic.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Is afraid of ghosts and heights.
- Age: 14-15 (S1), 16 (S2)Birthday: March 21 (Aries)Blood Type: BSpecialty: LacrosseType: PopMain brand: Colorful ShakeSchool: Star Harmony AcademyUnits: Honey CatVoiced by: Yui Ninomiya
- Big Eater: Eats a lot of food, evident during a camping trip where her plate was towering.
- Cool Big Sis: She's a year older than Aine, Mio, and Maika and plays this role.
- Opposites Attract: Basically her and Maika's dynamic.
- Passionate Sports Girl: Is quite passionate about being the best Lacrosse player in Japan, as well as her idol activities.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her twin-tails are about ankle length and appear about the same length, if not longer when let loose.
Love Me Tear
- Age: 16-17 (S1), 18-19 (S2)Birthday: May 9 (Taurus)Blood Type: ATrademark Favorite Food: Sweets, especially popcornSpecialty: GolfType: PopMain brand: Milky JokerSchool: Star Harmony Academy (formerly)Units: Love Me TearVoiced by: Ayaka Ohashi
- Cloudcuckoolander: She's eccentric and very proud of it.
- The Fashionista: Is the founder of Milky Joker and designs her outfits.
- Hidden Depths: Normally bubbly and outgoing, but when Pure Palette lose the Brilliant Friends Cup, she lays some very harsh critique on Mio for not being able to properly bring out the best in Aine.
- Friendly Rivalry: With Hibiki.
- Girlish Pigtails: She used to wear them higher when she was younger, but now she wears them lower.
- Magical Girl: Well....she plays one on TV.
- Age: 16-17 (S1), 18 (S2)Birthday: October 4 (Libra)Blood Type: BTrademark Favorite Food: SenbeiSpecialty: Archery, flower arrangement, and tea ceremonyType: CuteMain brand: Classical AngeSchool: Star Harmony Academy (formerly)Units: Love Me TearVoiced by: Azusa Tadokoro
- Dissonant Serenity: Has no qualms with putting idols in dangerous situations during the Best Friends Cup and seems to actively enjoy it.
- Hidden Depths: Normally gentle and caring, but when Pure Palette lose the Brilliant Friends Cup, she lays some very harsh critique on Mio, expressing disappointment at believing that they were worthy rivals.
- The Ojou: Comes from a rich family and was given the highest education amongst royalty.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Raised in a traditional background.
- Age: 14 (S1), 15-16 (S2)Birthday: June 9 (Gemini)Blood Type: ABSpecialty: Fortune telling and balletType: CoolMain brand: Luna WitchSchool: Star Harmony Academy, Moonlit Night Academy (formerly)Units: Reflect MoonVoiced by: Emiri Suyama
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: It wouldn't be Aikatsu! without this trope.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: The light to Kaguya's dark. She's a sweet character with a gentle vibe.
- Polar Opposite Twins: With her younger twin, Kaguya.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Kaguya's red.
- Shrinking Violet
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Well....partially.
- Age: 14 (S1), 15-16 (S2)Birthday: June 9 (Gemini)Blood Type: ABSpecialty: BalletType: CoolMain brand: Luna WitchSchool: Star Harmony Academy, Moonlit Night Academy (formerly)Units: Reflect MoonVoiced by: Yuki Kuwahara
- Adorkable: Despite her confident demeanor, she's got almost no talent for fortune reading and tends to have bad luck which can leave her easily flustered.
- Big Brother Worship: Has great admiration for Sakuya, and was initially content with supporting and cheering her on from behind the scenes. As an idol, her main goal still revolves around Sakuya, with everything she takes on being for the sake of making Sakuya stand out more.
- Born Unlucky: Has shades of this, being invisible to sliding door sensors and being the subject of many bad readings from her sister.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Much like her big sis.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: The dark to Sakuya's light. She has a much more blunt approach and comes off with a confident demeanor.
- Polar Opposite Twins: With her older twin, Sakuya.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to Sakuya's blue.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Though hers is an inverse of Sakuya's.
Voiced by: Yoko Hikasa
Voiced by: Saori Onishi
Voiced by: Rin Aira