Here's a list of the main characters of Agarest Senki 2 or known to the US as Record of Agarest War 2 and Agarest Generations of War 2 in EU. Please put the tropes of characters that appear in other generations in their own categories.
Be warned that there WILL be spoilers on this page.
Characters from Agarest Senki 2 :
Weiss is a young man who was given the responsibility of being the Spirit Vessel after committing the sin of killing a god. His life was saved by Aina, who found him unconscious and gravely injured. However, while his body was healed, his memory was all but destroyed, with only the knowledge of his name remaining. Everything else, including how he got the sword was in his hand when he was found and how he got hurt, was completely erased from his mind. It was only when meeting Eva does he learn of his crime of deicide and of the penance that had been given to him, which is to retrieve the fractured power of the god and store it within himself in order to resurrect the god he had slain.
Due to his earnest nature, he agrees to travel the world with Eva to atone for his sin against the gods and to regain memories of his past. Although committed to his quest, he is often bothered by the violent and brutally pragmatic decisions he is forced to make. However, it is during these crises of the soul that glimpses of his past self emerge. He was chosen to be the Spirit Vessel not only for his sin of killing a divine, but also because the power of the gods flowed into him even as he was committing the ultimate sin of murder. It is due to this power that Weiss alone is strong enough to retrieve the scattered fragments of the god's powers and resurrect them.
It was during his journey that Weiss first met the archeologist Fastie and learned that the gods still existed on the mortal plane. He also discovered that the sword which had been passed down through his family had the power to not only break the seals that imprisoned the gods, but also to kill them as well. Upon returning to Zaint Luke, he uses the magic weapon Werdefarht to slay the god Chaos. However, his hatred of the gods, combined with the severity of his crimes against the divine, proved to be too much to bear and eventually cost him his life.
- A Taste of Power: He's level 99 when you fight off against Summerill in the beginning. Or to be exact, Real!Weiss is.
- Amnesiac Hero
- The Atoner: For all the lives he took away at Zaint Luke.
- Badass Back: Both of his Limit Breaks end with his back turned on his target enemy, and closes his eyes.
- Badass Normal: He defeats the Final Boss of the first two games note on his own with nothing but a Cool Sword. Take note that this applies to Real!Weiss and not Chaos!Weiss.
- Blade Across The Shoulder: Or any weapon really, but the blade definitely applies at the beginning of the game.
- BrotherSister Incest: With Leina. It doesn't end well for the both of them.
- Character Customization
- Cool Sword: Veldafard.
- Cursed with Awesome: There is only one way for him to die. Eva speculates that not even being literally torn apart would kill him, but isn't willing to risk finding out for sure.
- Dead All Along: Real!Weiss never got to kill Chaos, and he got back stabbed by Faz.
- Death Seeker: After being told nothing will be able to kill him, he repeatedly acts in ways specifically to test this. He's tried Taking the Bullet and provoking Felenne, among other things. None of it worked.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: A Deconstruction of sorts. Turns out he didn't after all.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Was back stabbed by Fastie who is really Mobius.
- Implacable Man: Hit him with any fatal wound and he'll survive it, story wise. He should be, he's a god.
- Interspecies Romance: If he marries Felenne, a Neocolom.
- Laser Blade: He can turn his knife into a light saber!
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Doesn't know that he killed Chaos. Turns out he didn't.
- Only the Chosen May Wield: How he gets his Cool Sword.
- Out of Focus: Doesn't get much attention in his generation even if he's the protagonist.
- Supporting Leader: However, in the True Ending, he actually stands out a lot more than the other two protagonists.
- Master Swordsman: Real!Weiss at least is one.
- Rescue Romance: If you romance Aina.
- Sword Pointing: Does this to Chaos in the beginning of the game. And by him, we mean Real!Weiss.
- Quest for Identity
- The Stoic: When he's with the party, but curiously he's pretty hot blooded in the prologue. This is because the Weiss you control the entire game is Chaos, while the Weiss you controlled in the prologue has been Dead All Along.
- Tomato in the Mirror: The Weiss you've been controlling throughout the entire first generation, and his descendants, are all reincarnations of Chaos. The Weiss you controlled at the beginning of the game? Killed by Back Stab courtesy of Faz.
- Trash Talk: With a Garvel.
- Weapon Across the Shoulder: Any weapon you choose for Weiss will have his choice of weapon resting on his shoulder.
A mysterious woman who claims to be an Agent of the God, though of which god she refuses to say. Eva knows all about Weiss's sin of decide and demands that he assist in resurrecting the god that he had killed. She also insists that he offer protection to Fiona, who Eva frequently refers to as the Key. In order to preserve the power that Weiss has released, she practices inhuman rituals to propagate that power, hiding her true intentions behind her dubious devotion to god and the world. Her detached way of speaking and acting resembles that of how humans would believe a god would act. Eva rarely speaks, but tends to be demanding and overbearing when she does have something to say. However, despite her aloof and supercilious demeanor, she is actually fairly easy to talk with and has a very subtle and refined sense of humor. She also acknowledges her limited knowledge of the world and does not argue about the party's choice of destination, choosing to simply go with the flow. And as long as her demands are met she is content to stay in the background. For the most part, with the exceptions of the Spirit Vessels and the Maidens of the Pillar, Eva is mostly harmless.
Eva is a artificial construct made as a present by Deeth to give to Chaos for his -entertainment-. She doesn't belong to any species or race as she more of a prototype life form, much like the Neocoloms that Deeth created out of boredom. After spending some with Chaos, she is returned to Deeth for a short period before being co-opted by Mobius and being subtly manipulated into helping him regain his lost powers and the world's one true god. Eva, following the commands implanted into her subconscious by Mobius, forced Weiss and his descendants to be come Spirit Vessels, through she thought she was acting on the behalf of the god Chaos.
- All Just a Dream: Her CG at least.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl
- The Atoner
- Brutal Honesty: If she needs to say something, she'll say it without any reservations whatsoever, much to the party's headache, particularly Jainus.
- Composite Character: Has Dyshana's choice of wardrobe coupled with her stoic facade but also has Mimelia's origins and color scheme mixed in.
- Costume Porn: Has three of them.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Despite her looks and affinity for Dark attacks, she's one of the heroes.
- Emotionless Girl: She starts out this way but slowly starts to show emotion over the course of the game, showing that some things are not going quite according to plan.
- FaceHeel Turn: Sides with Chaos in the Bad Ending.
- Flash Step: Her Finishing Strike with Li Ra-Lua involves this. This is the only time she even moves fast.
- Ice Queen: Jainus actually calls this out by name.
- Idol Singer: Becomes one in the 2nd generation.
- Jerkass: Comes off as this to other people.
- Magic Knight: With more on magic than on knight, but she can be either on the front lines or not.
- Ms. Fanservice: Makes Dyshana look fully clothed.
- No-Sell: Is capable of learning No Fear but unless you do a lot of PP farming (or get the Old Save Bonus from Zero), you won't be having a lot of Vit stat for quite awhile.
- Not So Stoic: Like Dyshana being made aware of being an expendable doll doesn't go over too well. Weiss angers her and Schwarz hurts her when they suggest that this may be the case. Mobius breaks her by confirming it.
- Oh, Crap!: Whenever Liel tosses "Shaldie's Gift" to the floor. Ya'd think the latter would have known by now.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Fiona's Red.
- Sinister Scythe: Her weapon
- Tomato in the Mirror: Mobius reveals that he's been using her as part of his own Spirit Vessel.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Violet in her case.
Once a guardian, he was cast out and exiled from his clan for committing the grievous sin of handling a gun. The title he has bestowed upon himself is the "Seeker of Absolute Truth" although his actions clearly show he is anything but. His current position is difficult to translate into any of the human languages, but can be best summed up as "jack of all trades." To say that Jainus is excitable and impulsive would be the most offensive example of understatement ever uttered in the history of the world. He always jumps into situations blindly and with incredible enthusiasm, especially if women are involved. He firmly believes that it's a man's duty to protect women from harm (whether they want that protection or not), and he will never, ever, turn down a request from a woman, no matter how inane or suicidal that request may be.His original explanation for breaking a number of his people's taboos by taking up a gun was that he just liked being an iconoclast who marches to the beat of a different drum. However, the real reason for him taking up firearms was much more prosaic: After studying all the known marital arts he come to the conclusion welding firearms was the effective way to fight a battle. His decision to fight with a gun made him a pariah amongst his people and he was forced out of his village and into the wildness.
It was in the course of his wanderings that he came to Frensberge. It is here that Jainus first meets Weiss and his party after taking on a demon extermination commission. After fulfilling his contract, he joins Weiss and his allies on their journey, despite the fact that he wasn't exactly invited to do so.
- Always Save the Girl: Ask Victoria and Li Ra-Lua.
- Back from the Dead: In the True Ending he's temporarily revived along with the other dead characters.
- Badass Armfold: In the first generation. Drops it unfortunately in the second generation and onward.
- Badass Normal: In the first generation and most of second generation. That is until he gets his Blessed with Suck McGuffin.
- Beta Couple: With Chloe in the first generation. The relationship doesn't get as much exposure after that.
- BFG: His second Original Skill Arc Cluster.
- Butt-Monkey: At least in the 1st generation.
- Composite Character: Mixing Winfield and Eugene's characteristics with his seiyuu coming along for the ride.
- Gratuitous English: MY SWEET HONEY!
- The Gunslinger: His Weapon of Choice
- Heroic Sacrifice: Sacrifices his life by taking his enemies with him. when a hunt goes awry. No one saw this coming since this is a series where only the non last generation characters do not die.
- Heroes Want Redheads: He marries Chloe, a red haired elf.
- Meta Guy: He comes off as pretty aware of what a player should be expecting in an Agarest game. And fairly often it's to call out various tropes.
- Mr Fix It: Apparently can fix warp gates.
- Unnecessary Combat Roll: He cartwheels in battle!
- You're Insane!: Tells Eva this in one sentence:"Are you batshit insane!?"
Fiona, the last of the high elves, was put into stasis and hidden in the darkest depths of the great forest. She is eventually reanimated by Weiss at the behest of Eva, who believes that Fiona is the -Key- to the salvation of the world and therefore must be protected at all costs, even if it means letting demons run amuck. As she is still very new to this world, she doesn't always comprehend the dangerous situation she has been drawn into, nor does she completely understand her own importance in the grand scheme of things.
- Corrupt the Cutie: Downplayed. Between accidentally casting a charm spell on Aina and herself, being taught about a "juice" that helps adults be friends by Jainus, and generally the events of the second generation, by the time the third generation rolls around she's taken to using Jainus's methods of seduction on Grey.
- Costume Porn: Gains two sets since she grows up.
- Distressed Damsel: Since Fiona is Ellis 2.0, she also gets kidnapped By the Big Bad Fastie/Mobius.
- Hair Decorations
- Idol Singer: Is one in the first generation and onward.
- Intimate Healing: Heals Mervina from her scars by normal healing. Mervina's grunts however sounds like something else.
- Last of Her Kind: The very last high elf living in the entire Agarest 2 world.
- Moe Stare: She's just that cute.
- Morality Pet: To the three protagonists.
- No Infantile Amnesia: Zig-Zagged. In the first generation her memories of her childhood are already rather vague, by the time the second generation rolls around she admits to not being able to remember anything from before waking up. Then she reveals to Chaos that the song she's frequently heard singing was taught to her personally by Varna, who often cradled her in her arms.
- No-Sell: Is capable of learning No Fear but unless you do a lot of PP farming (or get the Old Save Bonus from Zero), you won't be having a lot of Vit stat for quite awhile.
- Older Than They Look: Seeing as elves descended from high elves and that high elves are no longer around, she may be the oldest party member.
- Panty Shot: In the first Luminous Prima video.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Eva's blue.
- She's All Grown Up: Doesn't do this in the 2nd generation but does this in the third.
- Team Mom: Takes care of Schwarz and Gray as if they were her own sons.
- Third-Person Person: In the first generation.
- Tiny Tyrannical Girl: When simply being nice isn't enough to keep Schwarz in line she turns to this. It's implied a few times that he is actually completely terrified of her when she gets like this.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: She's actually lonely that she'll outlive her friends because she's a high elf and wishes she could join them.
Aina was the first person to find the unconscious Weiss and, after nursing him back to health, joins him on his journey. Although her father was an average human being, her mother possess the powers of an guardian and those powers were passed on to Aina The nuture of her powers are such that they are significantly stronger in the light of day. At the same time she found Weiss, both her parents had already passed away and was living alone. Using the powers she inherited from her mother, she has been earning living as what is known as a -Healing Hand-, a magical healer who heals the injuries of those who call upon her. Because of her skills at healing and bright, friendly personality, she is extremely popular with all the people who live in town.
However, There are a number of people who fear and hate her, thinking her powers are evil and that she it to summon demons. The reason the that her family live in relative isolation was that Aina's powers did in fact attract demons on occasion, something that her mother was all too aware of. Unfortunately, Aina's mother passed away before she can passing on this information to her. Aina eventually figured this fact out on her own, and it because of this consequence of her power that Aina willingly sacrificed herself as a Maiden of the Pillar at Eva's insistence.
- Ancestral Weapon: Her mother's staff is her DLC item. You won't be replacing it short of by any of the post game weapons.
- Costume Porn
- Florence Nightingale Effect: One way to look at her romance.
- Shipper on Deck: For Jainus and Chloe
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Lighter shade of violet.
Felenne is from one of the guardian clans known as the Alister. Her sister had married into Weiss's clan, the Sera, and perished with many others in the catastrophe known as the "Day of Light." She first saw Weiss while attending her sister's wedding, although their never spoke to one another. However, outside of Weiss there were no survivors of that horrific day, so Felenne had no way of finding out why the tragedy that take her sister's life came to be. However she is deeply suspicious of Weiss and joins his party in hopes that he would eventually reveal something that would explain her sister's death. When she found out it was Weiss was the one that actually caused the disaster that cost Felenne her sister, her distrust turned into implacable hatred. Now instead of trying to gather information, she stay with Weiss in hopes of one day getting revenge for sister's death by taking his life in turn.
Her sole purpose for traveling with Weiss is to learn more about the Day of Light; she has neither the desire nor the intention of becoming a Maiden of the Pillar. It is during her travels with Weiss and company that she faces repeated adversity as a guardian and unfortunately is not always up to meeting those challenges. She is somewhat demonstrative and rarely bothers hiding her feelings, especially her hatred and disgust for Weiss, but is generally friendly and easygoing with the rest of the other members of the company, especially Fiona.
- Cat Girl
- Costume Porn
- Good Old Fisticuffs
- Punched Across the Room: How her first Original Skill ends.
- Shipper on Deck: For Jainus and Chloe
The de-facto queen of Jueyvei, she is known as the "Goddess of War" due to her fighting prowess and success in battle against demons and is revered by her subjects. Encountering Weiss while fighting demons, she was coerced into becoming a Maiden of the Pillar. Her country was founded by a military group from the Grutt, a body of soldiers drawn from the ranks of guardians who sole purpose was to suppress the rise of demon hordes. The commander of this squadron was her father, Wolfgang, who separated from the tradition-bound guardians in order to more effectively combat the rising threat. The garrison that had been established to house his squadron grew into a mighty fortress which came to been seen a place of refuge for running from the advancing hordes.
While her father rules the country, Victoria is the de facto commander of the army, having been on the front lines since she was a teen. Although she was at first merely a figurehead and a symbol of inspiration, her fighting ability and knowledge of warfare soon made her a commander in fact, and her skills are widely acknowledged to be equal to those of her father, often called the "God of the Martial Arts." Her many victories on the battlefield have earned her the respect of not only the citizenry, but also of all levels of the military.
Although primarily known for her military successes, she is also considered to be a stunning beauty as well as incredibly refined, and is seen to be a shining example of true nobility. Such is the strength of her charm that both men and women are equally captivated by her presence. Her appeal is further enhanced by her tendency to say exactly what is on her mind, as well as her somewhat tomboyish demeanor. She also drives her bodyguards to the point of tears as she frequently likes to walk around town alone and unguarded. She has no interest in love and marriage, and the endless suggestions that she should think about marrying and producing an heir occasionally drive her insane.
- Battle Ballgown
- Blade on a Stick
- Chainmail Bikini: Her default costume (though more fully clothed than the rest of the examples)
- Cleavage Window
- Costume Porn
- Expy: A noble Lady of War who fights with a Blade on a Stick that abandons her position for her Love Interest. Hello Blue Oni, and blue, Valeria.
- I Just Want to Be Normal
- Lady of War
- Original Skills:
- Rebellious Princess
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: She's a military officer.
- Shipper on Deck: For Jainus and Chloe
- Tomboy: Refers to herself as such.
- Unwilling Suspension: Done to her by Fellene in her CG. Apparently, this is how Felenne gets trained.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Blue green hair
- Warrior Princess: She works in her kingdom's military and she's an example of the warrior role overtaking that of the princess. Initially she was just there for morale building but then contributed more directly. After that, she was an officer with tactics and a soldier on the frontline.
The son of Weiss and the protagonist of Generation 2.
Schwarz is occasionally tormented by the intrusion of his father Weiss' memories, something he never really come to grip with. Schwarz is as different from his father as it is possible for a son to be. He is a vulgar, violent, lecherous reprobate who lives to fight and make highly inappropriate advances on the seriously reluctant Maidens of the Pillar. However, some believe that his behavior is a result of his total lack of desire to live and is basically a call for help; that he hopes someone will eventually save him from himself. Despite his crass behavior and seemingly limitless bravado, his feeling are very fragile and easily hurt. Adding to his angst is the fact that he refuse to accept the future that fate has set for him.
Schwarz has no desire to become the Spirit Vessel, but finds himself swept up in a series of events that take him ever closer to that end. Knowing there is no escaping his destiny and being unable to curse anyone for his circumstances, he has vowed to lead a libertine-like existence until the inevitable occurs. He is also incredibly self-righteous and refuses to listen to what anyone else has to say, with two exceptions: Fiona and Jude. Eventually, through the course of his adventures with his companions and the Maidens of the Pillar, he overcomes his fears and accept the role the universe has set for him to play.
Depending on who you married, Schwarz will either have white hair and a wine jacket, blue hair and a white jacket, or blonde hair and a dark blue jacket.
- Bash Brothers: With Jude
- Berserk Button: Quite a few. Notably, anyone bringing up Weiss and anyone just accepting what they're told is fate set him off quite often.
- Byronic Hero: He shows this off almost immediately. In his own words he's only in it for the "whores", the world means nothing to him and that he'd turn on Eva, and that he really does enjoy the thought of doing exactly that, if only it would actually solve anything.
- Cluster F-Bomb: The MOST foul-mouthed protagonist of the entire Agarest series.
- Half-Human Hybrid: He will be half Neocolom if Felenne is his mother.
- Harem Seeker: After letting Mervina go he tells her that if she gets bored she could always join his harem.
- Interspecies Romance: Will result if he marries Li Ra-Lua, an Onerthes, or Yumil, a Harpuia.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite coming off as a jackass, he does have a heart, that gradually reveals itself over the course of his generation. Fiona and Yumil discuss it in an event.
- Knife Nut: He tends to discard his weapon in favor of a small golden dagger during his Original Skills.
- "Not If They Enjoyed It" Rationalization: This enrages him to no end. For all of his threats directed at the women in his group, if they show any signs of having just given up or actually being fond of the idea he snaps at how they shouldn't be so accepting of it.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Was the Red to Jude's Blue but he became more relaxed as the story goes and becomes the Blue to Jude's Red. He even lampshades to Jude as to when did they even switch places near the end of the second generation.
- Screw Destiny: He sure hates his dad and his destiny.
- You Can't Fight Fate: Eventually accepts his duty as a Spirit Vessel.
- Slasher Smile: When he's about to kick ass.
- Sword Pointing: His Victory Pose
- The Rival: Georg sees Schwarz as this. The feeling is mutual.
- Troll: He goes out of his way to make other people uncomfortable around him and just generally hate him.
- Yuri Fan: He's pretty sure that Vanessa got Yumil alone to "comfort" her. Considering his typical behavior over his regret for them being forced to be with him and get sacrificed, it's difficult to tell if he was serious or not.
Jude is Jainus's only son and, like his father, uses firearms when in battle. Although his father was considered a deadly marksman, Jude is generally thought to be far more accomplished in the use of guns of all kinds. At first glance he resembles his father in demeanor, but in fact he is far more bitter and cynical than Jainus ever was. He usually has a dour, unfriendly expression on his face. He frequently clashes with his father (meaning every waking moment) and is stubbornly defiant in any dealing he has with him, but otherwise is almost embarrassingly meek when dealing with others.
Although it seems as if he is in a perpetual state of rebellion against his father and badmouths him at every opportunity, Jude actually respects and admires his father a great deal, though he'd sooner die than admit it. His given reason for joining Schwarz and his party was that his mother asked him to watch over Jainus and make sure "he doesn't do anything stupid." However, the real reason that Jude chose to join them is that he doesn't want to be overshadowed by his father. Also, Jude and Schwarz have been friends almost since the day they were born and are like brothers, albeit somewhat competitive brothers, with Schwarz being tagged as the overly mischievous, trouble-making one. After Schwarz's death, Jude made it a point to became close friends with his son Grey.
- And Now for Someone Completely Different: You get to briefly control him when Gray's not in your party in the third generation. Or if you get the Bad Ending.
- Chivalrous Pervert: The one thing he inherited from his father.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: He gets to stab Chaos in the Bad Ending wielding Veldafard, and it's not off-screen this time.
- Dramatic Wind: Abuses it! Even in an enclosed area where wind shouldn't even be there!
- Flash Step: His animation whenever he does his Original Skill. To the point he can outrun bullets.
- Generation Xerox: His perverted streak plus his weapon of choice are from his father.
- Half-Human Hybrid: His dad's a human, while his mom's a dark elf.
- Harsher in Hindsight: An in-universe example. Jokes about his dad being dead at a hotspring, to which he responds that he isn't dead yet. This happens right before Jainus makes his Heroic Sacrifice.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Wields a shotgun and yet fires it back-handed, and shoots it one-handed all the time. And then, there's his way of shooting enemies up in the air.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Is the Red to both Jainus and Schwarz's Blue.
- Scarf Of Asskicking: It's even his character specific DLC item.
- Skyward Scream: After Jainus dies.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Schwarz.
- What the Hell, Hero?: In the True End route, he calls out Jainus on why he had to sacrifice his life and thus leaving him and Chloe behind.
Ignis has a strong sense of honor and duty will always keep a promise he made, even if requires helping humans, a race he hold in contempt. While order to help Schwarz by Ordine, a leader among the guardians, Ignis also wanted to see just how he planned to use the materials and magic items he is gathering. If he judge that Schwarz was abusing his growing power, Ignis will everything in his own to stop him, ever if means taking his life. Originally, he was very hostile to Schwarz due his past history of aggression and greed as well as the town he live chooses to live in, which is a gathering place for all the races he hates with burning passion. After meeting Cynthia at Frensbuerge, he begins to question the validity of beliefs of his values and finally fight alongside Schwarz and his offspring.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension Has this going with Cynthia for awhile.
- Beta Couple: With Cynthia
- Break the Haughty: Aside from Cynthia, this is a major source of his Character Development.
- BrotherSister Incest: With Sofia due to the protector's tradition. It didn't go through but at least they ended it in peace unlike the other examples.
- Character Development: Thanks to Cynthia.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: His Weapon of Choice
- Jerkass: Cools down during the third generation.
- One Head Taller: In the credits, his height is revealed to be one head taller than Cynthia.
- Our Elves Are Better: Claims his race is better than syrium and dark elves in the second generation.
- Over Protective Dad: In the third generation. Justified considering what happens to the women that fall for the main characters in this series. This also shows up mechanically, almost any choice you make favoring his daughter will lower his affection level.
- Politically Incorrect Hero: He's incredibly racist, regarding pretty much every non Guardian with contempt and even among Guardians taking the same view toward Humans, Dark Elves, and Syrium.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: He mellows out in the third generation.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: At the start of the second generation, he actually argues with Cynthia and she does retaliate pretty badly. By the end of it, he finally calls her on a First-Name Basis.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Green in his case.
Her only desire is to create a world where everyone can live in peace without the threat of violence and persecution, the type of world Danaos claims he wants to bring about. It for that reason that she is fanatically loyal to him and will whatever he ask of her, even if means taking the lives of those Danaos orders to be killed. She doesn't kill out of some deep-seated need for revenge, but because she believes that the deaths she caused were necessary for the greater good. However, she has moments when she's not really sure if what she's been doing is really justified. Arrived in Frensbuerge, where Schwarz and his companions live, Mervina's misgivings are intensified. She continued to still loyal to her father until his true intentions finally came out. It turned out that he wanted noting more then the totally destruction of the world, and to keep him from realizing his true goals Mervina, with Schwarz's help, killed Danaos. She then join Schwarz in an attempt to atone for her sins and to perhaps someday bring about the peaceful world that she always dreamed of.
- Action Girl
- Costume Porn
- Cuteness Proximity: She really likes little cat dolls, so much so that they're her DLC item.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Deadpan Snarker
- Immodest Orgasm: Her reaction while Fiona was healing her.
- Mega Twintails
- New Job as the Plot Demands: Several of her events have her filling in for the various shop keepers to the surprise of the other party members.
- Promotion to Parent: When she admits to no longer knowing what to do with her life, Schwarz tells her to raise his son.
- Scars Are Forever: At least until Fiona heals her.
- The Not-Love Interest: Interestingly, she isn't a love interest in the generation she first appears in, playing this straight in the Second Generation. She only becomes a Maiden of the Pillar, and thus a love interest, in the Third Generation, averting it there.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: She just wants to be recognized by her own father.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Puts Liel in a Romero Special!
She gives off the impression of being somewhat detached, probably because of the fact she has spent the majority of her life alone. However, she will occasionally wallow in nostalgia in a desperate attempt to recapture the brief happiness of her childhood. Upon learning from Eva that it was her powers that cause her family's death, she plummeted into despair. She has difficulty interacting with others and spends much of her time drinking alone. She is strikingly beautiful and as a result, is frequently approached by men of age and social standings. However, many of the man who approach her pay for their misguided attempt at seduction with incredible amounts of pain.
Her one wish is to someday marry and have children, but this desire stems almost wholly from the memories of her own childhood. She also hates spicy foods with fiery passion, Which is iconic to the extreme... don't you think?
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Gets called out on this a few times with Schwarz, once calling herself out on it while alone.
- Bounty Hunter: Prior to joining the party she is specifically referred to as one. Even after joining she's technically one, but the bounties no longer particularly matter.
- Costume Porn
- Do Not Run with a Gun: Forget running, she's jumping in the air and firing 'em down! At least her shooting's more plausible than either Jainus or Jude.
- Expy: Let's see, long black(-ish) hair, midriff-baring white top, black miniskirt, black gloves...yeah, her default costume is very reminiscent of Tifa.
- Gun Kata: Many of her combat poses even imitate York's, and like York her style is self taught.
- I Never Said It Was Poison: When the group is trying to find out where the Lishius hid the Rainbow Shards, she openly states that her parents were once part of that clan and that the Thermidor Temple is considered sacred ground to them. Once Ignis goes berserk for her mentioning that location, she and Schwarz thank him for informing them of where it was hidden.
- Joke Weapon: Do not equip her with any weapons and she uses water guns.
- More Dakka: Her Finishing Strike Zillion Shot alongside Jainus and Jude.
- Rain of Arrows: More like Rain of bullets when Vanessa does her second Original Skill.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Most of her initial characterization is focused on her hunt for the demon that killed her family.
- You're Insane!: She pretty much repeats word for word Jainus' feelings on Eva toward Schwarz.
Due to her being raised in a somewhat over-protective fashion, Li Ra-Lua is a bit divorced from reality and can on occasion be terrifyingly naive. She has a calm and reserved personality that comes from her being confident in herself and her abilities. However, due to her sheltered and somewhat pampered upbringing she is totally incapable of anything that even remotely resembles housework, especially anything related to the preparation of food. In fact, she has been forbidden by the laws of her village to enter a kitchen with the intent to cook.
- Costume Porn
- Expy: To Yayoi.
- Lethal Chef: So much so that Isaac, a Lethal Chef as well, actually states that her food is the first time anyone's cooking has ever shut down his higher brain functions.
- Marry Them All: Li Ra-Lua is willing to share Schwarz with Vanessa and Yumil. You can curse the game for not letting you do this.
- Sinister Scythe: Her Weapon of Choice
- Spell My Name with an "S": Li Ra-Lua, or Ri Ra-Rua, or maybe it's Lira-Lua...
- Third Eye: As with all Onerthes she has one, she hides it under her headband.
- Waif Prophet: Like all Onerthese she can see the future. Unlike the others who were blinded to the future after the Day of Light, her vision comes and goes.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Violet hair
She world being to fall apart were she become involved with Danaos, who wanted nothing more then the total destruction of everyone and everything, and the greer, Gideon who can create artifacts. It these two who eventually destroy and kill her brother Rasta. Danaos recognized as one of those tasked to protecting the -Eye of Muad'Dib-, an item of great power and a necessary ingredient for the artifact he wished to create,and closed in on her. At the same time, her brother's worsening illness convinced her that it was the only way to save his life's was to create the item that Danaos desired. Against her best judgement, she goes to obtain all the materials required for the item that she thinks will be her miracle cure.
In the cruelest twist of fate possible, the item that was supposed to heal Rasta instead turn him into a demon, and Yumil is forced to not only fight her brother, but eventually kill him. After her brother's death she set on another journey, knowing full will that she was doomed to be a Maiden of the Pillar.
- A Wizard Did It: Schwarz and Jude discuss how it should be impossible for her to fly, unless her bones were hollow or she had a low power/weight ratio. The feathers are magic.
- Blade on a Stick: Her Weapon of Choice
- BrotherSister Incest: With Rasta due to the protector's tradition to have a pure blooded line. It doesn't end well for them.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: Cooks some sweets with some peppers added to every step. She loves it, Schwarz and Fiona can tolerate it, Vanessa is reduced to a squeaky whimpering mess by it until Schwarz steals the rest of it from her with no intention of saving her.
- Costume Porn
- Determinator: She will do anything to save her brother, even agree to be someone's Sex Slave or rebuild an artifact.
- Expy: She might as well be Silvi 2.0.
- Nice Girl: She's basically the nicest, sweetest party member you'll pick up in the game. And her life sucks because of it.
- Silk Hiding Steel: Upon learning that she'll have to be Schwarz's "property" in exchange for his help, Yumil calmly and graciously accepts the terms, but warns him not to renege on it.
He is generally quiet and seldom sees the need to engage in general conversation. He can be incredibly obstinate when it comes to anything related to his role as the Spirit Vessel, but as long as it doesn't interfere with his ultimate task he is pretty willing to do just about anything. He is also open to suggestions and will listen to the opinions of others, and, on occasion, act upon their advice.
Though seemingly fearless, there is one thing that haunts Grey...
Depending on who you married, he can either have a black longcoat, a violet longcoat with a different hair style, or a white longcoat with wings.
- Above the Influence: When Jainus slips him and either Mervina, Liel, or Sofia an aphrodisiac the only notable effect is that he feels drawn to go find them. Once he does and they try in varying levels of directness to get into his pants, his only reaction is to assume they're sick and to go get Fiona.
- Badass Longcoat
- Expy: To Ladius
- Grand Theft Me: Gets one courtesy of Chaos awakening from him.
- Half-Human Hybrid: He will be half Onerthes if Li Ra-Lua is his mother, or half Harpuia if he is mothered by Yumil.
- Heinz Hybrid: He will be this if one of the above women is his mother and his grandmother is Felenne, in which case, he will also be 1/4 Neocolom and 1/4 human.
- The Hero Dies: If you get the Bad Ending.
- Ill Boy: Since the "vessel" is almost full, and since a mortal body can't contain a god's power, Grey is often wracked by sickness.
- Likes Older Women: Barring Lieselotte, almost every women in the party who can be paired off with Grey is older than him.
- Oblivious to Love: Fiona spends some time staring intently at his face and openly admits to using some of Jainus' pickup lines on him. He wants to know why she's doing any of that.
- Real Men Wear Pink: He doesn't like being reminded about it, but he's good at sewing. All of his color schemes also include either a bright purple or a dark fuchsia somewhere on his coat.
- The Stoic: You can count on one hand the number of times Grey smiles or otherwise expresses emotion.
- Winged Humanoid: If Yumil is his mother.
- Workaholic: Grey is determined to finish Weiss's duty in his lifetime, often spurning rest or relaxation as a result.
She left home obstinately to help Grey, but in fact it was more an act of rebellion than an expression of concern. At first Ignis was strongly against her leaving home and joining Grey on his journey, but Liel's obstinacy, combined with her mother's support, convinced him to relent and allow her to set out with Grey.
Liel takes after her mother in appearance and looks like a average human, but her blood is that of an elf, and her power come form her father's side. In addition to inherent powers, her father made sure that she was trained in the martial arts and, as a result, she can hold her own just about anyone, including her new-found companions. And, Although Ignis was reluctant to let her go out into the world due to the increasing presence of demon aboard, he is confident enough in Liel's abilities that he isn't to worried about her safety.
Although in battle Liel can be incredibly fierce and at times even outstrip her father in that regard, Liel is generally a young woman typical of her age. However, Jainus noticed that she saves her most devastating smiles for Grey and her father tends to visibly grimace every time the subject is brought up. She tries to outshine Fiona in every way, including trying to become a domestic goddess. However, after destroying just about every dish within her reach and shredding every bit of laundry she's ever touched, she has been forbidden from doing anything that resembles housework.
- Age-Inappropriate Dress: Her first costume averts this. Her other two on the other hand are a Chainmail Bikini and just a, mostly open, shirt.
- Blade on a Stick
- Costume Porn
- Half-Human Hybrid: The daughter of an elf and a human.
- Older Than They Look: She's 17 years old according to the visual data book. She looks like a 13 year old brat and acts like one too.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Gray's the savvy guy to Liel's energetic girl.
- Stripperific: Her two DLC costumes go straight into this territory.
- Token Mini-Moe: Of the third generation.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: If you let her marry Gray.
Sofia's power has it origins in the god Chaos and has the ability to detect the random bits of Chaos' own fragmented power that were scattered throughout the world. She is also the only one who is aware of the tenuous connection between Chaos and Grey, and asked for Grey's help not so much she needed it, but because she wanted to keep an close eye on the god that slept within him.
As a guardian, she initially hold to the belief that Chaos should be seal away whatever the cost and if that cost was Grey's life she would not hesitate to kill him should it be needed. She would even go as far as to sacrifice her own life if required. However, after so much time with Grey over the course of their travels, she became attached to him and in the end was unable to use the curse that would have killed him and sealed Chaos away forever. As a result, Chaos was able to raise again.
- BrotherSister Incest: With Ignis. It didn't work out but at least they ended it in peace.
- Costume Porn
- Fighting Your Friend: And one of the most irritating bosses in the game as it comes at a time you may end up being out of several of your main team, with both your Main/Secondary White Mage temporarily out of commission until after said fight, hope you brought sufficient backup replacement party members, otherwise prepare for a prolonged fight against a mage and her "dog", said "dog" being an upgraded Golem monster that can screw you over if it activates its Desperation EX Skill when at low HP that works for both it AND the mage.
- Loved I Not Honour More: Non-romantic version. No matter how much she cares about Grey and their friends, she won't stand by and let them revive Summerill; her duty as a guardian designates that she stop them, and she will.
- Mind Rape: Her form of healing magic is described as being this and a few of the characters, her brother included, are suspicious of her intentions for Grey because of it.
- Silk Hiding Steel: The nicest, politest girl in this generation, with the will to fight a god and his friends alone underneath.
- Ambidextrous Sprite: His sprite can't seem to decide whether his scar on his eye is on his left or on his right.
- Badass Armfold: His standing still sprite.
- Badass Beard
- Badass Mustache
- Badass Normal: Takes on a guy who is literally the amnesiac leader of the dark gods, and comes to a draw! He doesn't have access to magic, he doesn't have any artifacts on him, he doesn't have any powers coming from either a light god or a dark god and yet he can keep up with the party with no problems.
- Handicapped Badass: Has a scar on his eye and yet that doesn't stop him at all.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half human and half Harpuia.
- Heartbroken Badass: His reason for his revenge and why he actually backed down when Vanessa swore that she wanted her revenge.
- Better to Die than Be Killed: Inverted. He'd rather be killed in combat than die from a natural cause.
- BFS: His Weapon of Choice. The one he uses in cutscenes is DLC, and quite powerful.
- The Big Guy: The largest playable character.
- Blood Knight: He fights for the sake of being challenged, and eventually dying.
- But Now I Must Go: Goes back to killing monsters in his CG ending.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Has an S class in strength. He also has no artifacts nor Guardian blood to explain why he's so powerful, he simply is.
- Good Is Dumb: As soon as he joins your party, he doesn't have his way high HP when you last fought him in the 2nd generation.
- Implausible Fencing Powers: He's a big guy, he wields a BFS, he can cartwheel and he can cut down enemies, energy balls from guns, and the wind.
- Improbable Weapon User: If you unequip his weapon, he'll be using a lead pipe.
- Mighty Glacier: S rank on both strength and vit, yet is horribly slow and tends to drop easily against magic attacks. However, he compensates by having a high HP.
- One-Man Army: Already kills monsters when the party meets him for the first time and goes one versus four in his boss fight.
- Pipe Pain: Unequip his weapon and he'll be using a pipe as his Joke Weapon.
- 24-Hour Armor: Years go by and he still wears his armor when he meets Gray.
Tropes relating to all of them:
- A Day In The Lime Light: Despite being mostly just a bunch of shop Non Player Characters, there are many events that expand on their lives around town without ever even addressing the party.
- Beta Couple: With Jainus
- Doomed Hometown: When she was born her town started to go down this route. Naturally the town blamed her family, burned their house down, and drove them out to avoid it.
- Expy: Looks a lot like the shopkeeper of the first two games.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: She feels that being a Dark Elf would cause problems for Jainus, so she tries to get Aina, Felenne, and Victoria to talk him out of it. They talk her out of this instead.
- Love Interest: Of Jainus
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue Oni to Sena's Red Oni even though Chloe has red hair.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Has this with Ignis for awhile.
- Beta Couple: With Ignis during the second generation.
- Foil: To Ignis and his Proud Warrior Race Guy personality.
- Love Interest: Of Ignis
- Rescue Romance: Ignis (and the rest of the party) rescues her at Enhambre while she's surrounded by monsters.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: As soon as the third generation rolls in, she just disappears. No short appearances unlike Chloe, even her ending CG has her back turned while pinching Ignis in his arm.
- Cuteness Proximity: While she is in the process of scolding Gordon for having his cat at the public bath, it meows at her once and she promptly decides that maybe she could let it slide because it's so cute.
- Half-Human Hybrid: She's part dog Neocolom.
- Kemonomimi: A given since she's partially a dog Neocolom.
- Mission Control: Is in charge of the guild and directs the party as to where the hunts are.
- Expy: He's basically the blacksmith from the previous games, just changed from Human to Greer.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Vanessa and Fiona find a cat in his workshop. It just wandered in. And he only feeds it so it'll leave him alone. Besides it's smarter than most people he knows.
- Ultimate Blacksmith: And he won't fail you anymore!
- What the Hell, Hero?: Near the end of the second generation, he calls out Jainus on why he wore the Bracelet of the Covenant. Jainus fires back with one of his own once the two of them are alone on why Gordon originally told them he'd be able to destroy the Bracelet but once they had it confessed that it would be impossible to do so as the tool needed to do so literally could not exist for centuries, learning that he could've also killed himself to destroy it.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Gives Liel one of her concoctions that turns out to be an aphrodisiac. Said aphrodisiac is the Finish Strike of Eva, Sophia, and Liel.
- Expy To Shernini
- Mad Scientist: Recreates the dead heroes, creates a drink that's supposed to give the drinker horns and wings, is constantly trying to conduct experiments on everyone in town typically through the public baths, among many other things.
- Too Spicy for Yog-Sothoth: She admits that the Syrium village is little different than an insane asylum at one point. Later on she points out that even among them she was considered eccentric and kicked out because of it.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: After his cooking skills improve.
- Lethal Chef: Though after his run in with Li Ra-Lua's cooking he starts to get better, only occasionally lapsing back toward this habit.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Is a half-onerthes/half-human.
- Fantastic Racism: Is a dark elf and spent most of the second generation arguing about it with Ignis. By the third generation, they both mellow out.
- Maiden Aunt: Never gets married at all.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: Has this going on in many of her scenes with Mervina. Mervina starts bringing her gifts, something she only ever expected from family. She makes tea specifically for Mervina a few times, something Chloe did for Jainus. And the two of them frequently induce blushing in each other in their discussions.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red Oni to Chloe's Blue even though Sena's got the blue hair.
Tropes relating to all of them:
- Killed Off for Real: In the true ending, they all need to be killed to unseal the dark gods so that they can be destroyed.
Leader of the Alister people and is also an elf, descendants of high elves.
- My Greatest Failure: Excommunicating Aina's mother made him question whether it's really worth it to keep the guardians isolated from the world.
Leader of the Gruut people living at Aegisthus.
- Bystander Syndrome: Changes his mind when the dark forces decide to raid on his village.
- Expy: To Vira-Lorr
Leader of the Yurle clan living at Aegisthus.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Thanks to the fact that he's so bent on upholding traditions, he pretty much messed up A LOT of things in generation 2.
Fastie/FazAn archaeologist who traveled with Weiss in the prologue. He seeks to go back to Zendrook to find out whether the ruins are intact.
The end of his story? Not quite. He's actually Mobius in disguise and is responsible for everything that has happened in the game.
- Back Stab: How he killed Weiss.
- Dead All Along: In his discussion with Fiona, he mentions that his existence as Fastie was quite similar to Chaos as Weiss. He mentions earlier that his current body has begun to rot on him as well. Whatever happened to the real Fastie is never brought up.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: The glasses don't even do much for him. His profile states that it's just to help hide his damaged eye. And in this case there is quite literally Zero Soul there in addition to the trope's usual meaning, Fastie was dead well before the game, his body just little more than a suit for Mobius.
- Interface Spoiler: For a rather friendly yet timid character it's a little odd to see him with an incredibly smug expression in his portrait collection.
- The Load: Is always with your party but never actually fights battles. And that is a good thing for you.
- The Smart Guy: The group usually turns to him for explanations on where various things relating to artifacts and demons may be as he supposedly picked up such information on the job.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has green hair.
SirusA man under the service of the royal family of Aegisthus. He has been suspected that he was in cahoots with the dark forces only to save the party by coming in with reinforcements. Thanks to his actions, he becomes king of the Aegisthus region.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Come the next two generations he's shown to be an incredibly reasonable king.
- Red Herring: He has a battle sprite just like everyone else in the party. However, he will not join you.
- Also the part where everything about him seems treacherous. Subverted that he's definitely on your side. He even becomes king as a result.
- The Plan: He has some of his men go to the bandits and side with the orcs and goblins to fool the garvel. It definitely works.
The king of Signihardt Castle in the first generation and Victoria's father.
DanaosA syrium residing in the Graccea region and also assists the leader of the tower. He first appears in the first generation lending a hand to the party members.
In the second generation, he has the party gather materials for him to save Rasta from his death.
- Abusive Dad: He tortures his own daughter.
- Fantastic Racism: He's been subjected to quite a bit of it for being Syrium. He also has quite a bit of his own. Both being reasons why he crossed the line.
- Freudian Excuse: He schemed all the things the Yurle clan are so bound to to their traditions and customs that he couldn't even marry the one person he loved.
- Final Boss: Of the second generation.
- Sinister Scythe: His Weapon of Choice
- Unwitting Pawn: Averted - he's one of few people who want to summon Summerill who want his usual fair - utmost destruction upon those Danaos hates.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Gets killed by Danaos. He actually wanted this outcome rather than to die from his illness.
- And Then John Was a Zombie: In a very similar case to the Larva of Zero, Rasta got turned into a knight-looking thing by an evil Artifact. That it was named for Mobius should've been a hint.
- BrotherSister Incest: With Yumil. It doesn't end well for him.
- Call-Back: Yeah, remember those Larva who turned into evil knights after getting affected by a gem? Perhaps a hint in this case that Rasta was basically given a supercharged Gem of Might.
- Duel Boss: Your very first fight in Agarest 2 is a one on one with Weiss and Summerill.
- Villain Decay: He's a Final Boss in the first game, here he's a tutorial boss fight. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
MobiusThe true form of Fastie. He is the god of space and time and is the reason why everything happened in the game in the first place.
- Big Bad Friend: He set up everything that went on to further his goals.
- Body Surf: He does this quite a few times. He spent most of the game inside Fastie's dead body.
- Casting Gag: Voiced by Yuuki Tai who voiced Cobray Gordon. That's all that needs to be said.
- Evil Plan: For starters the very reason the false Agarest exists is because he pulled the strings to cause three wars between the gods, with the last one being a defeat just because Chaos allowed Lenion to seal him. Then, once sealed, managed to get a way to break his own seal and create an artificial body, then he went to Zaint Luke and convinced a grieving Weiss to get revenge of the Gods. His plan was to seal Chaos inside Weiss, but that didn't work, since his power was too great for that, and he exploded, causing the Day of Light. Then he created a new body for Weiss, and put the both of them inside the new body, ensuring Chaos would remain amnesiac and unable to act against him. And for kicks he used Eva, a doll at Chaos' service to make sure Weiss would do as he commanded and she would regain his power for him. His plan works perfectly in the bad ending, with him regaining his body and getting all of chaos power, but in the True Route his plans continue, because he expected the team's actions, faking his death to try a Grand Theft Me with Chaos.
ChaosThe Lord of Dark Night, and the god of Death, Rejuvenation and Darkness. He was sealed in Zaint Luke when the game starts and Weiss killed him.
The end of the story? Nope. What had happened was that he and Weiss were talking with each other when Fastie backstabbed Weiss to stab Chaos.
- Amnesiac God: While they don't know it, Weiss and his descendants are actually all Chaos.
- Cuckold: One way of looking how Lenion took Varna away from him.
- Grand Theft Me: Is both on the receiving end and on the giving end.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: It's hard to talk about this guy if you haven't gotten the True Ending of the first game since mentioning him is already a spoiler by itself.
- Lightning Bruiser: Just because he's bigger than you, doesn't mean he's slower. Hell, he can pull off reverse roundhouse kicks.
- Love Hurts: How the entire war of the gods started in the first place.
- Reincarnation: The three protagonists are him in three different generations.
LeinaAn NPC who you'll never see in the game because she's already dead by the time you start the game. Revealed to be Real!Weiss' sister
- BrotherSister Incest: With Weiss. It never ended well for the both of them.