AdventureQuest's characters that belong to groups. Beware the unmarked spoilers.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Like many other leaders in AdventureQuest, she's considered the strongest vampire and has been the Vampire Queen for over nine centuries.
- Blue Oni: To the Were-King's red.
- Friend to All Children: She— really likes children and hates to see them sad.
- Gender Bender: In the 2010 April Fools' Day event.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: When she was in her Sapphyro form, she had 'imbalanced hormones' and was much angrier.
- The High Queen
- Impossibly-Low Neckline: With a downplayed Absolute Cleavage.
- Mook Maker: In the Safiria's Plea, she 'rewards' the player by summoning endless hordes of Vampires.
- Our Vampires Are Different
- Pimped-Out Dress
- Stronger with Age: It comes with being a vampire. With well over 900 hundreds of years, she's really strong and is respected/feared as such.
- It is specifically the reason why Sapphyro was weak enough to be defeated by the player. "Vampiric power builds with age, but anything that interferes with the natural progression of age will drastically strip the reservoir of power at one's disposal", according to her, I mean, him.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes
- Vampire Monarch: As the Vampire Queen.
- Winged Humanoid
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Just like any other group leader in Adventure Quest ever. After all, he's been the alpha male of werewolves for nine hundred years, more or less, and it's safe to assumenote that they challenge the alpha to see who's, well, the alpha.
- Family of Choice: He considered Erimus and Cara his family and everything he had, at one point.
- Gender Bender: In the 2010 April Fools' Day event. He's not seen though and, instead of using a feminine version of his name (Constance), he, well, she was known as Helena.
- He Knows Too Much: The reason why he was abducted to be experimented upon and being made the vector of the new "werewolf" infection that Drageth and Seth Cay Dhows were talking about in the First Door quest.
- Heroes Want Redheads
- Honor Before Reason
- Horror Hunger: In The Father's Door, Constantin mentions that, by nature of being a werewolf, he suffers from this, though what it entails (or what he's talking about, even) is left ambiguous."The beast has hungers all its own. It struggles, and oh, how it hurts."
- I Have Your Wife: To force Constantin to kill Erimus, Seth Cay Dhows kidnapped his son, Crispus.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: And my friend. They should belong together, and I won't put any barriers. Even if I feel pretty bad about it.
- Kill the Ones You Love: Dhows forced him to kill his friend, Erimus. Although the result was that Erimus was "tainted" (i.e. infected) with lycanthropy, he was left for dead after the attack.
- Known Only by Their Nickname: He was known only as the Werewolf King until his real name (Constantin Petyrovich) was finally revealed during the Dracopyre Legacy.
- The Nose Knows: Enough to know that Erimus's son, Balius, had just been born and another was on the way.
- Our Werewolves Are Different
- RedOni: To Safiria's blue.
- Romantic Runner-Up: To Cara's affections.
- Shipper on Deck: Of Erimus and Cara, even if he still feels strongly about her. Enough to be the one to push Erimus to make a move on her.
- Unrequited Love Lasts Forever: Though he's mostly gotten over it, he still loves Cara.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: He can, in fact, take human form whenever he wants. He just doesn't.
- We Used to Be Friends: With Wolfwing.
Despite his fierce appearance, he on the side of Unity against The'Galin. He seems to be relatively peaceful, at least when compared with Safiria the Vampire Queen and the Were-King.
- Always Someone Better: To Constantin.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: It comes with being a group leader in Adventure Quest.
- Badass Boast: Gives one to your character before he offers to turn you into a Werepyre."You— are not the first who has found my keep of solitude, from where I watch over all the fools who think they have power. They do not know true power! I am master of the night! Lord of twilight! Guardian of the moon! I am WOLFWING, master of all Werepyres!"
- Gender Bender: In the 2010 April Fools' Day event, it is implied by Cenara that he was affected by Loco's magic as well.
- Heroes Want Redheads
- Hybrid Monster: As a half-werewolf, half-vampire hybrid.
- I Don't Want to Ruin Our Friendship: Although he loved Cara, he didn't make a move on her so he wouldn't ruin his friendship with Constantin.
- I Owe You My Life: To Dewlok.
- Kill the Ones You Love: Erimus killed his own daughter, when he was dying and unstable from the werewolf and vampiric infections.
- My Greatest Failure: Giving NightBane more power than other of his 'children'.
- Killing his own daughter can't be a proud moment either.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: The only leader of a sub-race willing to give diplomacy a try. Also, he tries to reduce the damage caused by his son and always fought for the side of Unity.
- Shipper on Deck: Of Constantine and Cara, until it didn't work out. Even then, Erimus didn't want to make any move on her for years after she had broken up with his friend.
- Tortured Monster: Both dying and in the process of becoming a monster, he only wished to stay away from anyone and die alone, fully aware of being dangerously unstable. Everything goes From Bad to Worse when he lashes out at his daughter, killing her.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Though he rarely takes his human form.
- Weapon of Choice: A sword, in his human form. Not that he actually uses it.
- We Used to Be Friends: With the Were-King.
Balius was previously the Avatar of Death, but is now Forsaken since it left him for his son. He was doomed to die, so he became undead as an evil werepyre. He sought even more power, and drank the blood of a thousand dragons to become a Dracopyre and taking the name Nightbane. At this time, his wife left him, for He joined The Network in hopes of using The'Galin to gain even more power, but [[spoiler:Cenara convinced him otherwise. Afterwards, Nightbane dedicated his "life" to redeeming himself and killing The'Galin. However, his redemption meant his ultimate demise.
- A Pupil of Mine, Until He Turned to Evil: He was Wolfwing's son and refers to him as teacher.
- The Dreaded: Even Safiria doesn't want to fight him.
- Offing the Offspring: Tried to kill his son so he could regain the avatar of death.
- Redemption Equals Death
- The Soulless: As a Forsaken.
- This Was His True Form
- Walking Shirtless Scene: In human form.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity
She also has a half-brother, Donovan. In the chaos Donovan caused, Cenara was infected with some of NightBane's Dracopyric blood. Death left her at this time, but she did not become Forsaken thanks to Dewlok's Moglin magic. A cure found near Granemor kept her alive, and allowed the blood to turn her into a full Dracopyre, GraceFang. She appears to have full control of her Dracopyric powers, and can shift between forms at will.
- Action Girl
- Dark Is Not Evil: What she hopes to establish for Darkovia.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: Well, dracopyre.
- Gender Bender: In the 2010 April Fools' Day event, and was known as Cenyro.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Not that she actually uses it much.
- Hybrid Monster: Well, she is a Dracopyre (human/vampire/werewolf/dragon) after all.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Discovering what the truth about her family is a large part of the Dracopyre chain.
- Sibling Rivalry: With Donovan in a Cain and Abel way. How far will they go with it, no one knows.
- Spy Catsuit
- Strong Family Resemblance: To her mother, before her complete redesign. Now, they don't look alike at all (just like the rest of the family).
- Took a Level in Badass: When she became a Dracopyre.
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: Though averted by the whole family, she looked almost the same as her grandfather (except for the hair and clothes) in her genderbent version, almost becoming a Identical Grandson.
- Viral Transformation
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Cenara can take her Gracefang form whenever she wants. She just uses her human form most of the time.
He appears in Darkovia, and has his agents (Virik, Skrat and Thrasher) in Safiria's, The Were-King's, and Wolfwing's networks start a civil war. During the chaos, he infiltrates Nightbane's castle and, through the sacrifice of Nightbane's loyal minions, becomes the Dracopyre NightReign.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: He's got dark gray skin.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady
- Even Evil Has Standards: Will occasionally agree to cease fires with his sister when an even bigger threat to his domination of Darkovia shows up.
- Green-Eyed Monster: His motives for doing what he does is out of deep resentment against his step-siblings for the attention Evina paid to them, possibly in "Well Done, Son!" Guy-way.
- Hybrid Monster: As a Dracopyre.
- Sibling Rivalry: With his sister GraceFang, Cain and Abel-level. How far will they go with it, no one knows.
- Turn Out Like His Father: Despite the fact he's not Balius' son, they share several similarities like their desire to be the strongest predator and wanting to conquer all of Darkovia. He resembles a young Nightbane before his redemption.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting
- Waistcoat of Style
Thanks to Drageth Slugwrath and Seth Cay Dhows, he also travelled to the future (well, AQ's somewhat recent past) with Balius (who becomes NightBane later), and became a VampireSlayer known as C to her grandson, Edward.
- Five-Man Band: The Order of Alpha
- Trapped in the Past: When they travelled
Maxwell is a time traveller originally from 1,000 years in the future of Lore. He is the descendant of the royal line of Stonerule, making him a prince. Jess is his half-sister, he is married to Sasha, and has a child Emma. He also raised Anna with the Order's help.
He founded the Order of Alpha originally to combat Makkisar, but has since used The Order to fight The'Galin's Network.
After the final battle, he trapped Agent Smith and himself in The Void. He however has escaped with the aid of Dhows and is now hidden, waiting to enact his revenge.
- And I Must Scream: By virtue of being a Forsaken. Although his stay on the Void wasn't exactly pleasant either.
- Beard of Sorrow
- BFS: His Weapon of Choice.
- Break the Cutie
- Casting a Shadow: As an enemy, he's able to deal Darkness damage.
- Dishing Out Dirt: One of his attacks as a guest deals Earth damage.
- The Dragon: To Erebus, in the Mostly Harmful war.
- FaceHeel Turn
- Fallen Hero
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: Since he gained his black wings from Dhows of all people, it's easy to guess what type they are.
- Happily Married: To Kaliope. And Sasha. And Tasha.... And/or Lily. It's complicated.
- The Leader: Of the Order of Alpha.
- Magical Eye: The Eye of Truth. It hasn't been quite explained what it is for, except that it lets him see beyond that of normal sight. He says it's complicated.
- Playing with Fire: His second attack when he is a guest deals Fire damage.
- Really Gets Around: At least, enough to have, at least, four children with four different women. In one of the IIRC sessions, it is even lampshaded by the character's creator.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: After being brought back by Dhows, he seeks vengeance on Cartwright (and pretty much everyone who he thinks should have rescued him from the Void) and has agreed to his plans, whatever they are. His own plans involve killing all Avatars, which is really bad. Furthermore, if Dhows is messing with him, he'll take him down as well. Maxwell, to say it lightly, is pissed.
- Royal Blood
- The Soulless: After being Forsaken by Truth.
- Trauma Conga Line
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair
AyameAn Aether Dragon, she comes from the realm of Aether, which is the great blinding light beyond the heavens and the Void.
Sasha MaxwellA member of the Order of Alpha. She and her brother Jacob were created by Makkisar as Project I and Project II, to help fix all the problems he caused while possessed by Truth. Her husband is Maxwell, and her daughter is Emma.
- Happily Married: To Maxwell.
EmmaA member of the Order of Alpha. She is the twelve-year-old daughter of Maxwell and Sasha. Her inhuman mother gives her the ability to change her hair color at will, and she owns special clothes that change color at will as well.
- Humanshifter: She can change the color of her hair.
AnnaA member of the Order of Alpha. Anna is a Taladosian and a decendent of Riona Shadowgale. Anna's parents were supposedly killed when Makkisar's army of Carnax spawn attacked her home. Anna escaped when she was rescued by Maxwell, he raised Anna with the help of The Order. Anna has a psychic link to Carnax, and the alien known as Cor-Demi.
- Happily Adopted: By Maxwell.
- Mysterious Waif: She fits to a T.
- Parental Abandonment: Both her parents were killed when Makkisar's army of Carnax spawn attacked her home.
- Purple Eyes
Jessica MaxwellA member of the Order of Alpha. Jess usd to work as an assassin hunting android imposters before joining the rebels in The Order. Jess is also Atlas Maxwell's half sister. For the longest time, she had a crush on Hollow, and they are now married, with a baby.
Hollow StoneforgeA member of the Order of Alpha. Hollow is a mechanic, and engineer. He is also known to be the creator of the first Assault Mecha, and is a distant relative to Yulgar the blacksmith. Hollow is not his real name, but not many know his real name. He recently got married to Jess.
- The Big Guy
- Demonic Possession: He is possessed by Mayhem.
- The Engineer
- Genius Bruiser
- Happily Married: To Jess.
ScakkA member of the Order of Alpha. He can understand the Cor-Dem language.
MorganMorgan is a BFG-wielding mercenary who's part of the rebellion against the Carnax Spawn and Makkisar. Morgan is the daughter of Airk Arimoz, the creator of intelligent androids.
A9M9A "member" of the Order of Alpha. A9M9 is an android or artificial construct, who was created by Morgan Arimoz and Hollow Stoneforge to aid The Order and to power the hatch. She is highly durable and invulnerable to psychic attacks.
Ryuusei has been plagued by nightmares, seeing his analog die in each of them and being reduced to bones. The nightmares have caused him to lose much needed sleep, depleting his energy and causing his hair to gray. He passed away from ill health (cancer) in Absol-ution IV, but not before delivering a message to our Lore's Cartwright. However, he was brought back to life by our Lore's Cartwright in the epilogue, and has recohered with him, merging the two entities to one. This has allowed him to remain strong despite having cancer, with only bits of our Lore's Cartwright remaining within him. He has also taken up the mantle as the avatar of The'Galin.
- Action Dad: To Gaiden.
- Affectionate Nickname: Galrick and The Chosen sometimes call him "Ryu".
- Awesome Anachronistic Apparel: Inverted. He wears a nice red two-pieced suit that is very out-of-place for Lore's medieval standards and justified because he's from Terra.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Just don't mess with his son. (And to a lesser extent, the world.) If you do, he will certainly go into pragmatic territory and won't mind if you are killed.
- Can't Live Without You: If it wasn't for his bond with Cartwright (and determination), he wouldn't have been able to reach him on time and tell him his last words.
- Determinator: Ryuusei, despite suffering from an inoperable form of cancer, travelled through many realities to find his analogue and make sure he didn't pose a threat to Gaiden. Later on, he manages to push back death and live long enough to tell Cartwright his last words through sheer determination.
- Disease Bleach: When he is first seen, Ryuusei has a slightly lighter hair color than that of Cartwright, but by the Absol-ution saga, his hair turns completely gray, implying some kind of Locked into Strangeness due to his bond with Cartwright.
- The Disease That Shall Not Be Named: There are a few quests in which Ryuusei suffers due to a Soap Opera Disease. ...Before it is revealed that he has been dying from an aggressive form of cancer all along, subverting the trope and mentioning it by name.
- Good Counterpart: To Ryuusei Cartwright.
- First-Name Basis: Once the Chosen understands that he's a Nice Guy, he begins calling him by his first name, in contrast to his alternate.
- Fusion Dance: Cartwright recoheres with him, to save him from cancer and dies in the process.
- Good Hair, Evil Hair: The only way to distinguish Ryuusei from his analogue is their facial hair. Ryuusei only has a Perma-Stubble, but Cartwright not only displays the stubble, but also has a magnificent Beard of Evil and Badass Fu Manchu-Mustache.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Following his recoherence with Cartwright.
- An Ice Person: He deals Ice damage as a guest.
- Man in White: He begins wearing a white suit with golden embroidery with red shirt underneath following his recoherence with his analogue, clearly inverting the color scheme that his counterpart (and he) were known for.
- Necromancer: Though he has some knowledge, his analogue is much better at it.
- Not So Different: From Cartwright, given that they're the same person, the only difference being the choices they made. He acknowledges it himself, ....
- The fact that he thoroughly lied about his condition to his son makes it clear that they are alike.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Instead of letting his cane rest over his shoulder like he always does, one knows that something is wrong when he uses it to support himself.
- Pragmatic Hero: He isn't above considering the death of his enemies if he believes they deserve it.
- Promoted to Parent: Twice. The first time as a father to Gaiden, and the second time, to Absolix, as per request of his analogue.
- Psychic Link: With his analogue, due to Cartwright's insistence. Because of his binding, Ryuusei suffers intense pain and will die because of Cartwright and Absolix's long fight.
- Which, in fact, a big fat lie, because the binding (and his determination) was maintaining him alive.
- Secretly Dying: As a result of terminal cancer, ever since the first time he's seen in-game.
- Sharp-Dressed Man
- Soap Opera Disease: In the Absol-ution saga, he suffers from a very vague illness that has as a symptom Disease Bleach and growing weakness that it's provoked by a bond with his analogue.
- Take Care of the Kids: He claims that the only thing his analogue can do, after everybody come to know that he's dying, is taking care of Gaiden and his brother. Later, this situation is inverted when he's told to do so by Cartwright when he sacrifices himself so Ryuusei can live.
- Weapon Across the Shoulder: A distinctive trait of Ryuusei is his tendency to let his cane rest over his shoulder and is rarely seen not doing it.
- Awesome Anachronistic Apparel: Inverted. He wears a dishevelled blue two-pieced suit, apparently based on that of his father, that is very out-of-place for Lore's medieval standards. Justified, as he was raised in Terra.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Don't threaten his dad... or you know harm him.
- Brainwashed and Crazy
- Katanas Are Just Better
- Making a Splash: As a guest, he attacks and does Water-damage.
- You Killed My Father: He blames Etherseid for injurying his father and causing his death...
- The Reveal: His face was finally revealed, although only for a split second when the Mirror of the Wyk shattered. Then again, our Galanoth's face is covered with scars, as stated in the Guardian Dragon War, and thus, is different.