open/close all folders
- This Is Gonna Suck: General reaction from returning victims.
Emily AxfordBy far the most frequent of Adam's victims and probably the only one willing to call him a friend. High school teacher. Victim in "Adam Ruins Giving", "Adam Ruins Sex", "Adam Ruins Restaurants", "Adam Ruins Having a Baby", "Adam Ruins Drugs", "Adam Ruins Prisons", "Adam Ruins Malls", and "Adam Ruins Death". She takes over segments in "Adam Ruins Sex" and "Adam Ruins Malls", and she gets an entire episode to herself in "Emily Ruins Adam". She also hosts the "Same Time, Different Place" segments in Reanimated History, where she talks about other historical events that aren't usually talked about in history class.
- Hidden Depths: She actually knows quite a bit herself.
- The Lad-ette: Is into UFC, bulking up, and getting "nooched"
- My Biological Clock Is Ticking: Is worried that she's reaching the end of her fertile years, despite being only in her early 30's and in fairly good health.
- Pregnancy Scare: Has one at the beginning of the "Having a Baby" episode. She's not actually pregnant.
- Reality Warper: On the occasions that she takes over segments from Adam.
Brian "Murph" MurphyEmily's eventual husband. Gym teacher at Emily's school and not the brightest tool in the shed. Victim in "Adam Ruins Giving", "Adam Ruins Sex", "Adam Ruins Weddings", "Adam Ruins Having a Baby", and "Adam Ruins A Plate of Nachos".
- Glurge Addict: His views on love and romance in the "Weddings" episode.
- Groomzilla: During the "Weddings" episode, he has quite a few freak-outs, including one that could be considered a Heroic BSoD. He even says that he's been planning for this day his whole life, and wants it to be perfect! Somewhat justified in that Adam really is trying to ruin his and Emily's wedding. note
- Raised Catholic: Comes from a Catholic background, but isn't particularly devout.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Has a dim-witted brother named "Durph," who looks just like him, and is in fact played by him.
- Stylistic Suck: The video he made for his students about herpes.
The NarratorNarrator for the show "Animated History". Victim for all episodes of Reanimated History.
Patty and RayMurph's parents and football fans. Victims in "Adam Ruins Football".
- Obnoxious In-Laws: Subverted. They like Emily enough and mostly expressed annoyance at their son because he didn't get floral centerpieces or a Catholic priest, as well as Patty defending Emily's choice to formula feed her baby in "Adam Ruins Having A Baby"
RheaAdam's sister and district attorney. Victim in "Adam Ruins Christmas" and "Adam Ruins Justice", which she takes over for one segment in the episode.
- Bifauxnen: She has a more masculine fashion sense
- Crusading Lawyer: Rhea genuinely wants to help her clients.
- Tomboy: She likes flannel and apparently spent 5 years restoring her vintage car
MelindaAdam's internet girlfriend who he moves in with at the end of "Emily Ruins Adam". Victim in "Adam Ruins His Vacation", "Adam Ruins the Future", and "Adam Ruins Conspiracy Theories".
- Conspiracy Theorist: She's convinced that the Moon Landing was fake.
- Geeky Turn-On: Like Adam. They met when debating what source to use while editing a Wikipedia article
KendraA woman Emily befriends while she is in prison. Helps Adam out in "Adam Ruins Prisons" and victim in "Adam Ruins Justice".
- Reformed Criminal: She used to sell drugs on the street to get by, but since "Adam Ruins Justice", she has become part of Emily's group of friends.
HayleyOne of Emily's friends who Adam falls for. Victim in "Adam Ruins Restaurants" and "Adam Ruins Hygiene". Get's Killed Off for Real during "Adam Ruins Death".
VeronicaEmily's other friend. Victim in "Adam Ruins Restaurants" and "Adam Ruins Animals".
Adam's Other Victims
AKA anyone who's become the one being taught by Adam.
- Audience Surrogate
- Victim of the Week: Sure, it's non-lethal, but you can't help but think they're being dealt a punishment...
Ms. Dazzle and Her StudentsThe main victims of "Adam Ruins What We Learned In School". Ms. Dazzle is a teacher who she takes her students on learning journeys in her tv show, The Magic Van. The students that go with her in the episode are Tommy, Tanya, and Ronald.
- Butt-Monkey: Ronald get abused ALOT in the episode.
- Expies: Obvious one to the cast of The Magic School Bus, more specifically Ms. Frizzle, Ralphie, Keesha, and Arnold.
Dr. Todd BoddThe victim of "Adam Ruins Nutrition". Host of the tv show "Doc Talk", which is a parody of shows like Dr. Oz.
- Does Not Like Spam: Sugar in his case.
- Mr. Fanservice: Pretty much the main reason his show is popular. Adam gets the audience to watch his show by forcing Todd to take off his shirt and even mentions he used to be a stripper.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: He's obviously based on Dr. Oz.
- Stage Names: He later reveals at the end of the episode his real name is Rodney and goes by Todd because the studio executives thought "Rodd Bodd" wasn't catchy enough.