A Fictional Earth similar to ours culturally and technologically but with a completely different geography and history.
- "The biggest nations from two continents went head to head, and the so-called righteous Oseans, struck the deal that ended it. They fancied themselves the only nation that could bring peace and stability to the world."— Avril Mead
The biggest nation of the continent, comprising the entire western side of Osea.
Almost since its inception, the Osean Federation has been embroiled in conflicts and expansionism, which eventually led to the Great Osean War (1905 - 1910) where the first combat aircrafts were used. In the 1980s, they entered into a cold war with the Union of Yuktobanian Republics from the continent of Verusa, with both nations doing everything they could to expand their influence across the globe, which led to various nations either joining either side or try to assert their independence via military power, most notably the Belkan Federation.
In the early 90s, the Osean government tricked the struggling Belkan Federation into a botched-scouting and mining operation that ended in failure, which caused Belka to sell the highly disputed land of the Five Great Lakes to the Osean Federation. After the deception was discovered by the Belkan government, they were forced to resign, allowing a far-right opposition party to take political power.
In 1995, Belka invaded Ustio, Gebet, Osea and Sapin in a desperate attempt to reclaim their lost territories, sparking the infamous Belkan War. The war lasted three months, but left all the participants nations shaken after Belka used nuclear weapons to prevent the Allies from invading their northern heartland, killing more than 12,000 of their own citizens. After the war, Osea would absorb nearly half of Belka as a new Federal state named North Osea (the seventh star in the Osean Flag), development of nuclear weapons was outlawed, the cold war between Osea and Yuktobania ended in amicable terms and the Osean Federation would eventually reduce their military spending and focus more technologies that would help humanity under president Vincent Harling.
In 2010, they were attacked by Yuktobania, which led to the Osean Federation's invasion of the country, starting the Circum-Pacific War. The war had both nations' militaries heavily weakened and it was eventually discovered that the entire war was orchestated and manipulated by Belkan nationalists and industrialists. The war ended after a coalition of peace-seeking Osean and Yuktobanian pilots defeated the warmonger factions and the Belkans supporting them.
Following the war, they went to support the Usean continent with the reconstruction efforts from their Continental War (2003 - 2005), and began the construction of an ambitious space elevator in the city of Selatapura and reformed the International Union Peacekeeping Forces alongside the southern Usean countries to keep the peace.
In 2019, due to tensions caused by the Osean Federation's increased presence in the continent and the Space Elevator being built on the breakaway Erusean province of Seletapura, the former continental power declare war on the Osean Federation and their allies in the continent, starting the Lighthouse War.
- Airborne Aircraft Carrier: Osea developed the Arsenal Birds, massive propeller driven flying wings. They each carried 80 drones into combat for use in swarming enemy fighters. The space elevator wirelessly transmits power to the Arsenal Birds, allowing them to stay airborne indefinitely as well as utilize enegry shielding. Then Erusea hijacked the Arsenal Birds at the beginning of the Lighthouse War and turned them against Osea.
- Army of Thieves and Whores: The 444th Spare Squadron; a task force composed of Osean convicts that saw action during the Lighthouse War of 2019, they were a bunch of trouble makers and political prisoners that were forced to fight against Erusea as expendable cannon fodder.
- Big Good: They became this after the Belkan War thanks to president Vincent Harling. However, following Harling's tenure, they became more pragmatic and abusive by the time of the Lighthouse War of 2019.
- Break Out the Museum Piece: During the Lighthouse War, Osea secretly repaired one of the railguns of the abandoned Stonehenge Turret Network in order to shoot down one of the Arsenal Birds. The two decades old canon still had enough firepower to blast the Arsenal Bird in half, even with its shield active.
- Type 1: They are a country that promotes justice, democracy and peace, mostly thanks to president Vincent Harling. They're also the leader of the International Union Peacekeeping Force that helps to keep the peace on the continent of Usea.
- More cynical characters like Avril Mead consider it more of a Type II, with the use of penal battalions and its geopolitical maneuvers causing instability on the Osean and Usean continents.
- Fantastic Ship Prefix: Ships of the Osean Maritime Defense Force use the prefix "OFS", which stands for Osean Federation Ship.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: Of an unified United States, Canada and Mexico.
- The names of their military branches seem to be inspired by the Japan Self-Defense Forces, with names like the Osean Air Defense Force for their air force and Osean Ground Defense Force for their armynote .
- The Federation: They are a union of multiple and diverse regions and are one of the most benevolent governments in the setting.
- Hegemonic Empire: The Osean Federation is often accused of this, mostly by the Usean countries, due to their aggressive policies during the Cold War and later following their victory against Belka in the Belkan War of 1995.
- Kill Sat: Osea has the Arkbird, a laser equipped spaceplane. Originally used for peaceful purposes it was militarized during the Circum-Pacific War. There's also the SOLG (Strategic Orbital Liner Gun) which was never operational before the Belkan War came to an end. During the Circum-Pacific War, the Belkan Grey Men completed it in secret and attempt to use it against Osea.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: They were partly responsible for Belka's near economic collapse, leading to a far-right party to take political power and declare war on Osea, Ustio and Sapin when they found out about their involvement in the worsening of their economic crisis.
- Nicknaming the Enemy: Osean's often referred to the Yuktobanians as the "Yukes".
- The Rival: To Yuktobania which is Strangereals other superpower.
- Space Cold War: During the 1980's Osea was locked in a cold war with its rival Yuktobania. The arkbird and the SOLG were both developed during this time to counter the Yuke's growing military. This cold war came to an end in the 90's however when Yuktobania and Osea became allies during the Belkan War.
- Space Elevator: Osea helped build an international space elevator called Lighthouse to replace the Arkbird. Unfortunately they constructed it in the formally Erusean city of Selatapura. Erusea eventually declares war on Osea to gain control over the elevator.
- Space-Filling Empire: Osea is the biggest Strangereal country and is positivity massive. It takes up the entire western half of the already large Osean Continent and streaches from the Arctic to the Southern Hemisphere.
- Trading Bars for Stripes: During the Lighthouse War Osea made use of penal military units such as the 444th Spare Squadron.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Near the end of the Belkan War, Osean bombers targeted the Belkan city of Hoffnung. What started off as a precision bombing mission quickly devolved into a callous saturation bombing, which kills countless civilians.
- "Rather than surrender to its enemy, Belka detonated seven nuclear weapons on its own soil. My people scattered around the globe, living in the shadows of other countries. We had a new purpose... to breed wars."— Dr. Schroeder
A once-proud and highly militaristic nation north-east of the Osean Federation. They were pioneers of aerial warfare and blitzkrieg tactics and had an history of conflicts with its neighbors with them invading and annexing lesser and weaker nations.
In the 80s, Belka was suffering from a economic crisis caused by overspending in military hardware and technology, forcing them to sell some of their lands to neighboring nations and allow some of their territories to secede from the Federation to prevent economic collapse, which led to the formation of the Republics of Ustio, Gebet and Recta.
In the early 90s, the Osean Federation offered to help Belka survey the Great Lakes region along the Osean-Belkan border, which were said to be rich with natural resources that could help end Belkas economic crisis. However, the offer was in fact a scam by Osea to weaken Belka and force them to sell more of their territory to them. After discovering the deception, tensions between both nations increased, leading to a far-right party to take political power.
In 1995, Belka invaded Ustio, Osea and Sapin in a desperate attempt to reclaim their lost territories, sparking the infamous Belkan War. The war lasted three months, but left all the participant nations shaken after Belka used nuclear weapons to prevent the Allies from invading their northern heartland, killing more than 12,000 of their own citizens. After losing the war, they were forced to give up their southern region to the Osean Federation, leaving the country a shell of its former self.
Years after the Belkan War, many Belkan nationalists still desire revenge, and have played a role in instigating various conflicts via the distribution of Belkas advanced aeronautical and AI technology in an attempt to avenge their countrys defeat.
- Artificial Intelligence: They were the ones who created the Zone of Endless, an AI that could fly aircraft in an effort to rebuild their air force. It was used during the Usean Uprising, and would eventually become Hugin and Munin, which in turn would lead to the creation of Nemo.
- Badass Army: The Belkan military, particularly their Air Force. In about a week, they almost took over one of its neighbors and took control of hundreds of miles of land from a US-equivalent superpower. Also, their airforce contains the most named aces of any other in the series.
- Balkanize Me: Belka was once a large federation that dominated the eastern Osean continent. The Belkan economic crisis of the 80s caused Belka's eastern territories to secede and become the countries of Ustio, Gebet, and Recta. The Belkan War was started in part to get these lost territories back. The situation only worsened when Belka lost the war and Osea completely annexed South Belka.
- Better to Die than Be Killed: On a national scale. In the final days of the Belkan War when it became clear that their country would fall to the Allied Forces, the Belkans detonated seven nuclear weapons on their own soil in a massive scorched earth campaign to reduce their country to ash and deny their enemies their prize. It succeeded in stopping the Allied advance and ending the war at the cost of 12,000 people dead.
- Divide and Conquer: The Belkan Grey Men helped ignite a war between its longtime enemies Osea and Yuktobania. Their end goal was to escalate the war until both sides destroyed each other and then launch an invasion to reunite Greater Belka.
- The Empire: They had a history of expansionism and warmorgering before the Belkan War. After the war, they became a Vestigial Empire.
- Empty Quiver: The terrorist organization "A World With No Boundaries" seized control of Belka's Avalon Dam missile complex at the end of the Balkan War. They intended to launch a V2 nuclear missile stored there to destabilize the global political order and eliminate national boundaries.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: Of both Imperial and Nazi Germany.
- Fantastic Racism: After the Grey Men conspiracy in instigating the Circum-Pacific War was exposed, many Belkans including expatriates came to be viewed with suspicion among the nations of Strangereal, often being stereotyped as warmongering conspirators.
- Germanic Efficiency: Given they're the Fantasy Counterpart Culture to Germany. Belka's military technology is said to be the most advanced in Strangereal. They had developed working laser weapons, airborne aircraft carriers, and advanced AI drones as far back as the 1990's. Their airforce also had the higest number of aces of any nation.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Even when they're not directly responsible for the fighting, Belka has been heavily involved in most of Strangereal's wars.
- One of the founders of the terrorist organization "A World With No Boundaries" was a disillusioned Belkan ace. He also gave the organization access to Belka's advanced technology such as the XB-0 Hresvelgr, ADFX-01 and ADFX-02 Morgan, and the V2 ICBM.
- During the Usean coup d'état, Belka supplied the rebels with their Z.O.E. A.I drones and the ADF-01 FALKEN.
- Belkan exiles brought the blueprints for the XB-0 with them when the fled to Estovakia. This allowed Estovakia's Eastern Faction to create the P-1112 Aigaion. The "Generals" then used it to win the Estovakian Civil War and later to invade Emmeria.
- Hopeless War: Despite their initial gains, the Belkan War became this for Belka. At the end Belka was fighting alone against an alliance of nations, including two superpowers. Their superweapon Excalibur had fallen, southern Belka was invaded, and Belkan cities were being bombed to the ground. The only option Belka had left was to surrender or to fight back the allies with nukes on their own soil. Belka chose the later.
- How the Mighty Have Fallen: At its height, Belka was one of the dominant powers in Strangereal alongside Osea and Yuktobania. The loss of its territories during Belkas economic crisis in the 1980s, and the devastation and harsh peace terms wrought by the Belkan War reduced it to a tiny rump state.
- The Man Behind the Man: The Belkan Grey Men were responsible for orchestrating the 2010 Circum-Pacific War. They manipulated Osea and Yuktobania into fighting each other so they could retake South Belka in the chaos. Belka also supplied Erusea with the drone technology they used to start the Lighthouse War against Osea.
- Nebulous Evil Organisation: The "Grey Men" were a secretive organization of hard-line Belkan supremacists that arose after the Belkan War. Made up of businessmen, politicians, and military personnel. Their objective was to get revenge against the Allied nations and reunite North and South Belka.
- Nuke 'em: Belka is one of the few Strangereal nations to have developed nuclear weaponry. Facing an impending defeat in the Belkan War they set off seven nukes on the own soil to stop the Allied advance. Later in Ace Combat 5 the Grey Men smuggled nuclear weapons onto the Arkbird and the SOLG and attempted to use them against Osea and Yuktobania. This time it was thankfully averted by the Razgriz Squadron.
- Overarching Villain: After the Belkan War, they became directly or indirectly responsible for many of the conflicts that happened afterwards. They also created the series second Overarching Villain, the Zone of Endless.
- Please Select New City Name: After the Belkan War, the Osean Federation annexed South Belka as a new federal state. They then renamed the region to "North Osea". According to Kei Nagase, many locals still reject the new name and demand to be called South Belka.
- Proud Warrior Race: They saw themselves as this before the Belkan War, taking great pride as the pioneers of aerial warfare.
- Salt the Earth: Taken to an extreme when Belka set off seven nuclear warheads on its own soil in order to stop the Allied invasion. While this worked it also killed 12,000 people, many of them Belkan, and rendered the Waldreich Mountains mostly uninhabitable even 15 years later.
- Shocking Defeat Legacy: It's almost impossible to mention Belka without mentioning the seven nuclear weapons they used on their own country. Even near a quarter-century later there are still Belkans trying to get revenge for their traumatic defeat in the Belkan War.
- Stop Being Stereotypical: By 2020, at least a few of their former citizens such as Dr. Schroeder and Tabloid have become disgusted with the Belkan method of attempting to exact Revenge by Proxy by giving other nations advanced technology to start new wars with.
- Wave-Motion Gun: Belka had Excalibur, a one-kilometer high tower equipped with a 1.21 gigawatt chemical laser. Originally developed to shoot down ICBM's it was later addapted as a long range anti aircraft weapon. It can even reflect its laser off of satellites in orbit giving it a 1,200 kilometer range.
- "Belka, suffering from economic strife, permitted its eastern territory to secede. And the Republic of Ustio was born."— Brett Thompson
A small nation that was once a part of Belka until they allowed it to secede to avoid economic collapse.
The discovery of valuable resources in its territory led to Belka invading the country in 1995, starting the Belkan War. They were the first nation to fall to the Belkans during their initial blitzkrieg but were eventually liberated by the Allied Forces led by Osea.
- And There Was Much Rejoicing: The citizens of Ustio celebrate as the Belkan army is driven out of their capital city Directus. After the war it became a tradition to ring Directus's bell towers every day at sunset to commemorate the city's liberation.
- Back from the Brink: In two weeks Belka took over practically the entire country apart from a mountain range on Ustios southern border. Ustio was only able to survive the war because the allied forces and foreign mercenaries intervened before this last pocket of resistance was taken over.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Belka occupied pretty much the entire country during the opening week of the Belkan War. Ustio had to turn to using mercenaries to help bolster its depleted air force.
- Gondor Calls for Aid: Ustio was completely outmatched by the Belkan invasion. With the nation on the verge of collapse, Ustio's government in exile called on the nations of Osea, Sapin, and Yuktobania for help. These nations then formed the allied forces and launched a joint assault operation to repel the Belkan army.
- No Blood for Phlebotinum: In 1995 vast deposits of natural resources were discovered in Ustio. Belka was still in the midst of a severe economic crisis and saw these resources as a way to salvage its economy. The Belkan army then invaded Ustio, beginning the Belkan War.
- Private Military Contractors: Ustio had to rely on them after its air force was almost wiped out by the Belkans.
- Small Role, Big Impact: They were the ones that hired Galm Squadron, which Cypher was a part of.
- "Wait... we're engaging friendly aircraft! These are Sapin fighters!"— AWACS Eagle Eye
Sapin, officially the Kingdom of Sapin, is a country located in eastern Osea. Sapin is bordered by Osea to the west, Ustio to the north, and Ratio to the east.
During the Belkan War in 1995, Sapin joined the Allied Forces coalition to help contain Belka's invasion of neighboring countries.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: Of Spain.
- Hufflepuff House: Other than being part of the Allied Forces fighting Belka and having 2 of their pilots defect to A World With No Borders we don't see much of Sapin.
- What Could Have Been: Sapin was going to be the setting of Brave Arms, a Third-Person Shooter set in Strangereal, before it was cancelled.
- "Damn it, just wish I could quit covering this completely one-sided war and head back home. Ill never get used to the Southern Hemisphere and its backwards seasons."— Albert Genette
A small but wealthy nation in southern Osea. Aurelia is known for their advanced technology, vast natural resources, and culture.
When their neighbor Leasath fell into civil war, Aurelia attempted to send humanitarian aid with limited success. After the Leasathian Civil War ended in 2019 with the establishment of a new authoritarian military regime, they were quickly blamed for the suffering of the Leasathian people by their new leader Diego Gaspar Navarro and diplomatic relations between the two countries began to fall apart.
This would eventually culminate with Leasath invading Aurelia in 2020, beginning the Aurelian War.
- Back from the Brink: Leasath took over 95% of Aurelia within ten days of declaring war. The surviving Aurelian forces were trapped at the remote Aubrey Base, and in a few small pockets of resistance. Just about everyone on both sides considered the war all but over when Gryphus Squadron began turning the tide back in Aurelia's favor.
- Culture Chop Suey: The country seems to be geographically based on the southern cone (South America) but has a very slick architecture very similar to Seoul, South Korea, yet their city and location names are in Spanish and Aurelian characters are usually depicted speaking with accents typical of the southeastern United States.
- The Republic: Aurelia is a relatively small, homogeneous, yet wealthy and developed nation. Unlike it's neighbor Leasath, Aurelia lives up to being a stable democracy.
- "Let this be a symbol of the fury borne by our countrymen towards Aurelia, who have sought only to capitalize on our countrys inner turmoil!"— Diego Gaspar Navarro
An authoritarian nation in southern Osea with a desire to be a major worldwide producer of military technology and weapons.
Sometime during the 2010s, they fell into civil war after their economy collapsed due to excessive military, technology and research spending. The civil war ended in 2019 with General Diego Gaspar Navarro taking over the nation. Navarro, wanting to both unify his country against a common enemy and sell the power of his Gleipnir Air Fortress to the world, used the Republic of Aurelia as a scapegoat for the suffering of the Leasathian people during the civil war, thus straining relations between both nations.
In 2020, they invaded their neighbor Aurelia, ostensibly as retribution for Aurelias exploitation of Leasath during the civil war. In reality, it was in order to boost Leasaths arms manufacturing industry by plundering Aurelias vast natural resources, allowing Navarro to make a fortune through arms sales.
- Banana Republic: The average Leasathian lives in poverty while General Navarro and his cronies live a life of luxury thanks to his arms dealing.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: Apparently of Pinochet's Chile.
- Invisibility Cloak: The Gleipnir was a massive Leasathian stealth bomber. Despite it's large size it's optical camouflage allowed the aircraft to become invisible to both radar and eyesight. It only had to decloak when firing. Later this same technology was used on an advanced stealth fighter called Fenrir.
- Obliviously Evil: Many Leasathian soldiers believe they are avenging Aurelias exploitation of their country during the civil war. In reality Aurelia sent nothing but humanitarian aid. It was General Navarro that misappropriated that aid to fund his weapon development, and he invaded Aurelia simply to make a profit on arms sales. When this deception is revealed at the end of the war the people of Leasath revolt against Navarro and try to kill him.
- People's Republic of Tyranny: The country's official name is the Democratic Republic of Leasath, and the country is ruled by an authoritarian general.
- War for Fun and Profit: They real reason they invaded Aurelia. Navarro owns the nation's military-industrial complex and believed that defeating Aurelia in a conflict would make his nation a global producer of military technology, thus making millions for himself.
U.S.E.A/Usean ContinentThe Usean continent is a medium-size continent between the Osean and Verusan continent. Before Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies, Usea was a vague region/nation implied to be somewhere between Europe and Asia known as the United States of Euro-Asia. It wouldn't be until Shattered Skies that it was retconned into a continent somewhere in the Pacific Sea and later as part of the Strangereal setting in Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- "Twenty years ago... the Earth got slammed by an asteroid. Usea was on the wrong side of the planet and got hit. Hard. Refugees swarmed the Erusean Republic, the biggest country on the continent, plunging it into chaos. They were desperate and started a war... one they had no hope of winning."— Avril Mead
A large nation situated in the western part of the continent. Erusea was once an expansionist continental power with tense relations with the rest of Usea's nations, especially the Federation of Central Usea.
Sometime during the 70s (decade assumed), their monarchy was toppled and a right-wing nationalist military government was established. In 1995, they joined the Usean Allied Forces to oppose Osean and Yuktobanian influence in the continent and were one of the nations that opposed the southern nations' decision to ally themselves with the Osean Federation.
When pieces of the Ulysses asteroid crashed on the continent in 1999, Erusea was one of the nations that was most affected by the planetfall. Because of its size, the nation was pressured by the other nations into accepting as many refugees as it could which angered the Erusean government who in response closed down their borders to refugees and imposed stricter visa requirements, causing a massive humanitarian crisis that strained diplomatic relations with the rest of the continent.
In 2003, tensions between Erusea and the other Usean nations reached their boiling point after the latter threatened harsh sanctions against Erusea unless they agreed to open their borders. Erusea in response invaded the small nation of San Salvacion where the anti-asteroid Stonehenge Turret Network was located. The nations of Usea in turn formed the Independent States Allied Forces (ISAF) to liberate San Salvacion and reclaim Stonehenge, leading to the Continental War that lasted from 2003 to 2005. After losing the war, the ISAF-observed interim government of Erusea reinstated the monarchy with a relative of the former king and improved relations with the rest of the continent.
A year later, a terrorist group known as Free Erusia would emerge out of disgruntled Erusean military personnel to fight against the ISAF-friendly government only to be put down by ISAF Ace pilot Mobius One. Another group taking the same name would emerge in 2014 but would be also defeated by Mobius One (now under IUN command). Following their defeat, there was a time of relative peace in the continent.
However, this would not last as tensions soon began building between Erusea and the Osean Federation over the construction of the International Space Elevator on formerly Erusean territory, which they considered a violation of Eruseas sovereignty and an attempt by Osea to influence affairs on the continent. In 2019, Erusea declared war on the Osea and its allies on the Usean continent in order to remove Oseas presence in Usea, starting the Lighthouse War.
- Attack Drone: A significant portion of Erusea's air force consists of autonomous drones during the Lighthouse War. The war began when Erusea deployed its drones from shipping containers it delivered across Osea and Usea. Said drones were covertly developed by the Belkans and begin acting on their own accord at the end of the war.
- Balkanize Me:
- After it's defeat in the Continental War, Erusea was forced to relinquish control of the Gunther Peninsula and the city of Selatapura to the IUN as a trust territory. Osea then began construction of it's space elevator here, which lead Erusea to accuse Osea of taking over it's territory. This dispute would eventually lead to the Lighthouse War.
- After the Battle of Farbanti during the Lighthouse War, the entire continent loses all long-range communication. Taking advantage of the chaos the long-defunct Grand Duchy of Shilage declares its independence, and many regions become de facto micronations with the stationed military being the only authority able to do anything. It's heavily implied that even if Erusea continues to exist after the war, it'll only ever be a shadow of its former self.
- Big Bad: They're main antagonists of Ace Combat 4, Ace Combat 7, and the the Arcade Mode of Ace Combat 5.
- Colony Drop: Erusea was hit by at least 10 of the Ulysses asteroid fragments, including one that struck the national capital Farbanti. The damage caused by the impacts and the ensuing refugee crisis would eventually lead to the Continental War.
- Near the end of the war Erusea constructs Megalith, a giant missile complex. Megalith used it's missiles to deorbit fragments of the asteroid still in space, causing them to fall to Earth and destroy whatever they hit. In the last mission of Ace Combat 4 you have to fly inside Megalith and destroy it's ICBM's before they can launch.
- Culture Chop Suey: A mostly France-inspired country using a variety of Western and Russian planes. Their citizens have French and Vietnamese names and their squadrons and ships are named after Norse and Greek Gods.
- The Empire: They were an expansionist continental power who absorbed at least two minor kingdoms and their nationalist beliefs almost always had them at odds with the other Usean nations.
- Empty Quiver: After Captain Matias Torres of the submarine Alicorn went rogue, he stole several tactical nukes from Erusea during the Lighthouse War. He intended to use them to destroy the Osean capital of Oured and end the war all by himself.
- Enemy Civil War: During the Lighthouse War, the fall of Farbanti along with the loss of satellite comunications causes infighting within the Erusean military. Erusea fractures between Radicals who want to continue the war, Conservatives who want to seek a negotiated truce or shut down Erusean UCAV capabilities, and breakaway regions who declare independence.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: Of Imperial France.
- Grand Theft Prototype:
- In 2003, Erusea invaded San Salvacion to take control of the Stonehenge railgun system. Erusea then converted the anti-asteroid railguns into an anti-aircraft superweapon, capable of shooting down planes up to 1,200 kilometers away.
- At the onset of the Lighthouse War, Erusea captured the Arsenal Birds' control center in Selatapura, giving them possession of the two Airborne Aircraft Carriers. This in turn gave Erusea total air superiority and hegemony over western Usea.
- History Repeats: During the Continental War, the Erusean capital city of Farbanti was besieged and captured by ISAF on September 19th. During the Lighthouse War, Farbanti was again besieged and captured, this time by Osea, on September 19th.
- Home by Christmas: The Lighthouse War started when Erusean officers in the Radicals faction managed to convince both the conservatives and the Erusean royalty that a war fought by drones would be quick and involve little civilian casualties. The war ends with Erusea defeated and fighting a civil war among itself with numerous war crimes being committed.
- Military Mashup Machine: The Alicorn is a Yuktobanian "submersible aviation cruiser" that was sold to Erusea. It's a massive nuclear submarine that also doubles as an aircraft carrier and a battleship. It's also revealed to have a railgun that could fire nuclear warheads up to 5,000 kilometers away.
- Occupiers Out of Our Country: Erusea started the Lighthouse War primarily because they viewed Osea's Space Elevator and accompanying military presence as a way to discreetly move in take over their territory.
- People's Republic of Tyranny: Sometime before the 1990s the Erusean monarchy was overthrown and the country became officially known as the Federal Republic of Erusea. However, the republic was ruled over by a Supreme Commander from the military who kept annexing neighboring countries. After their defeat in the Continental War, the monarchy was restored and the country went back to being a kingdom.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: They used to put a lot of emphasis on military honor and were highly proud of their nation.
- The Remnant: Following the end of the Continental War, a force calling itself "Free Erusea" attempted an uprising against ISAF that was suppressed by Mobius 1. They would launch a second uprising against the IUN in eastern Usea in 2014, only to be stopped by Mobius 1 yet again.
- Run for the Border: After the Ulysses asteroid impacts causes a massive refugee crisis in Usea. Erusea, being the largest nation on the continent, became the number one destination of these refugees. Given the nation had itself been the victim of numerous asteroid impacts and that it was ruled by a nationalistic government, the refugees were treated abhorrently. The political tensions and economic collapse brought about by the refugee crisis would eventually lead to the Continental War.
- Saharan Shipwreck: Old Anchor Point City was once a river port located in Erusea's arid Whiskey Corridor. A fragment of Ulysses impacted the river and altered its course. This dried up the port which became a graveyard of grounded ships.
- Secret Police: During its occupation of San Salvacion, Erusea operated a secret police force meant to root out dissidents and resistance fighters.
- Sunken City: When a fragment of Ulysses hit the Erusean capital Farbanti, it flooded and sank the cities municipal district. The municipal district became a twisted wreck of scorched, tilted skyscrapers half submerged in the ocean.
- Super Prototype: During the Continental War Erusea developed the X-02 Wyvern, an advanced fifth-generation fighter. Despite it's outstanding performance the war ended before the aircraft could enter mass production.
- Uncertain Doom: At the end of Ace Combat 7 Erusea is defeated and signs a ceasefire with Osea. However Erusea ends the conflict in a state of civil war, especially as breakaway regions fight to regain independence. It's unclear if Erusea will be able to hold together or completely collapse after the conflict.
- "However, in opposition of their efforts, a group of southern nations plotted to join the Osean Federation. The northern and western nations strongly protested the movement but a military pact has already been extended to the south's leaders."— Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy opening
A group of nations situated in the southern part of the continent. Unlike most of the Usean nations, they have friendly relations with the Osean Federation and are part of the International Union Peacekeeping Force.
In the late 1990s the southern nations decided to form a formal alliance with the Osean Federation. The northern and western nations of Usea strongly protested the movement, fearing an invasive Osean military presence and a loss of mining rights. Nevertheless, Osea agreed to extend a military pact to the southern nations.
On May 30, 1997 ultra-conservative political and military factions staged a military coup across the continent to prevent the signing of a treaty with the Osean Federation. Following a year of heavy fighting, the rebellion was defeated. However, the incident caused the Osean Federation to abandon its alliance with the Usean southern nations and left the nations weakened and divided.
During the Continental War, the southern nations joined the ISAF, but being located within Stonehenges firing range they were quickly overrun by Erusea. They were eventually liberated during the ISAF's campaign to retake the Usean mainland.
Due to their small and under-equipped military forces, they were forced to rely on the IUN's Osean forces during the Lighthouse War of 2019.
- Category Traitor: They are seen as this by the rest of the Usean continent due to their close relationship with the Osean Federation, which many see as a manipulative expansionist foreign power that wants to take Usea's natural resources for themselves.
- Military Coup: To prevent the Southern Nations from joining Osean Federation, the Usean rebels staged a coup on the day the treaty with Osea was going to be signed. This started the Usean Rebellion between the rebels and the Usean Allied Forces.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Their desire to ally with the Osean Federation was the reason for the 1997 coup d'eta and subsequent continent-wide rebellion against the Usean Allied Forces.
- No Name Given: The games never give us the names of these countries, being just referred as the southern nations.
- Won the War, Lost the Peace: Even though the Usean rebels' were defeated, they were successful in forcing Osea to abandon its treaty with the southern nations. Worse, the Usean Rebellion left the continent in a weakened state of "armed peace" just as Erusea was expanding their military. This would leave the southern nations open to invasion during the next war.
- "We'll absolutely be victorious. You can be as sure of that as you can that the sun will rise tomorrow."— FCU President Robert Sinclair
One of the most important nations in the continent. They are often stated to be the nation that keeps the continent from destroying itself in territorial wars and are responsible for the Central Usea Treaty Organization (UTO) and the Continental Nations' Economic Alliance.
When the Federal Republic of Erusea invaded and occupied the neutral nation of San Salvacion in August 2003, they reformed the UTO into the Independent States Allied Forces (ISAF) to liberate San Salvacion from Erusea.
- All There in the Manual: The F.C.U is never mentioned in-game. It's mainly mentioned in supplemental material to Ace Combat 4.
- Big Good: They spearheaded the liberation of the Skully Islands in 1995, led the Usean Allied Forces during the Usean Rebellion of 1997-1998, and helped form ISAF to fight Erusea in the Continental War that lasted from 2003 to 2005.
- The Rival: To the Federal Republic of Erusea as they were the ones that kept Erusea from expanding their borders before the Usean Continental War of 2003 - 2005.
- "I was just a child when the stars fell from the skies, but I remember how we built a cannon to destroy them. And in turn how that cannon brought war upon us."— Side Story Narrator
A small peaceful nation where the Stonehenge railgun system was built in order to destroy the Ulysses asteroid. Located near the center of the Usean Continent, San Salvacion had a long history of international neutrality. In 1994 an asteroid called Ulysses was discovered on a collision course with Earth. In response the Usean nations banded together to create Stonehenge, a gigantic railgun network designed to shoot down asteroid fragments as they entered the atmosphere. San Salvacion was chosen to house the railguns due to its central location and reputation as Usea's "symbol of peace".
When Ulysses entered the atmosphere on July 3, 1999, Stonehenge was unable to intercept all of the asteroid fragments and the continent was devastated. In the ensuing refuge crisis the other Usean nations imposed harsh sanctions on Erusea after the nation was caught mistreating refugees. In August of 2003, mounting political and economic tensions pressured Erusea's leadership to invade San Salvacion. After intense aerial bombardment and three days of ground combat, the capital fell to Erusean forces and was subsequently occupied. Soon after, Erusea seized control of Stonehenge and converted it into an anti-aircraft weapon of mass destruction.
The Erusean occupation of the country eventually led to the Continental War that lasted from 2003 to 2005. During the war Erusea used San Salvacion as a base to invade other nations and used Stonehenge to shoot down ISAF aircraft across the continent. During the occupation San Salvacion became isolated as Erusea imposed increasingly punitive lockdowns on the nation. In response a resistance movement formed to combat the Erusean's using guerilla tactics. The loss of Stonehenge during a surprise ISAF air raid put Erusea on the defensive, and San Salvacion was liberated during Operation Firefly on July 10, 2005.
- And There Was Much Rejoicing: The streets filled with people singing and celebrating when ISAF liberated their capital.
- BFG: Stonehenge is an aray of eight gigantic railguns designed to launch projectiles into space and destroy incoming asteroids. San Salvacion is the nation where Stonehenge was chosen to be built thanks to it's neutrality in international politics. The Eruseans invade the country in order to take control of Stonehenge and turn it into an anti aircraft super weapon.
- Culture Chop Suey: The country has vaguely French architecture but their city and location names are in Spanish.
- Day of the Jackboot: In August 2003, Erusea invaded the country, leading to an oppressive occupation that lasted a least a year and a half.
- History Repeats: During the Continental War, San Salvacion was one of the first nations to fall to Erusea. During the Lighthouse War, 15 years later, San Salvacion is again one of the first nations to fall to Erusea.
- La Résistance: A civilian resistance group formed in secret to oppose the Erusean occupation. Among other activities they fed intel to ISAF forces, sabotage equipment, and set off explosives.
- Occupiers Out of Our Country: The primary goal of the resistance was to drive the Eruseans out of San Salvacion and regain the countrys independence.
- Schizo Tech: During the Continental War the occupying Eruseans banned satellite communications technology, rationed gasoline, and instituted mandatory blackouts. As a result the people of San Salvacion were forced to use crystal radios and horse drawn carriages in their everyday lives.
- "The ISAF's attempts to destroy Stonehenge through air strikes failed. As a result strategic positions on the mainland were lost. This in turn forced ISAF to evacuate from the East Coast to North Point. ISAF GHQ is regrouping its remaining combat forces at North Point."— ISAF briefing announcer
An island nation situated on eastern Usea. A normally neutral country in the affairs of the Usean mainland, nonetheless they joined the Usean Allied Forces and later the Usean Treaty Organization (UTO).
They were one of the first nations to fall to the Usean Rebel Forces during the Usean Rebellion/Coup d'etat (1997 - 1998) and served as the de facto headquarters of the Rebel Forces until they were liberated by the end of the war.
During the Usean Continental War (2003 - 2005) the nation's capital served as the headquarters of the ISAF after they were expelled from the mainland, and were the launching point of the reclamation campaign.
- False Flag Operation: At the end of the Usean coup d'état, the rebels attempted to launch an ICBM from North Point. They targeted Yuktobania in order to start an international war and slip away in the ensuing chaos. Scarface Squadron prevented the launch, putting an end to both the rebellion and the war.
- Neutral No Longer: North Point has a long history of armed neutrality, but even they joined the ISAF after Erusea invaded the rest of the continent. After the war, they returned to being neutral again.
- Peace Conference: After the Battle of Sand Island, North Point tried to host a peace conference to end the war between Osea and Yuktobania. Unfortunatly, Osean President Vincent Harling was kidnapped by the Grey Men while en route to North Point and the war further escalated.
- The Very Definitely Final Dungeon: North Point has Fortress Intolerance, a gigantic missile launch installation complete with anti-aircraft defenses and battleship sized canons. The Usean rebels took over and used it as their final headquarters.
- "But I dont even have a country to call home, let alone the sky. The black forest, the lake...they are no longer mine."— Ionela A. Shilage
A nation in western Usea that neighbored Erusea and the then-Republic of Voslage, for much of its history it was ruled by the Shilage royal family. At some point in the 1900s, a revolution broke out that ousted the royal family from power. However, Shilage was then annexed shortly after by the expanding Kingdom of Erusea, with the heir to the Shilagian throne, Mihaly A. Shilage pledging his services to Erusea by joining their air force. Shilage then became an autonomous state within Erusea, yet despite this, many Shilagians longed for the country to regain its independence.
In 2019, during the last days of the Lighthouse War, as Erusea fell into civil war following the collapse of the global satellite network, soldiers and refugees from the various nations that Erusea had annexed over the years flocked to Shilage in an effort to restore independence for their homelands.
- Arcadia: Compared to other Strangereal nations, Shilage does not appear to have any major metropolitan areas aside from the town surrounding Shilage Castle, with much of the country consisting of forests and mountains.
- Big Fancy Castle: Shilage Castle is an elaborate fortress surrounded by a medieval town. During the Lighthouse War the castle was converted into a stockpiling base, and the freeway beneath it was converted into a runway for fighters. The LRSSG raid the castle for supplies, leading to a fight with the Shilage and Voslagian independence factions.
- Fighting for a Homeland: Shilage became a gathering place for nationalists from the countries Erusea had annexed seeking to regain their homelands independence during the final days of the Lighthouse War.
- "People of my generation have forgotten the language of our homeland. My grandparents always look sad when they see I have no idea what theyre saying to me."— Wit
A nation in western Usea that bordered Shilage. For much of its history, Voslage had been allies with Shilage to the point that they were practically interdependent until both nations were annexed by the Kingdom of Erusea at some point in the 1900s. As a result, the Erusean language replaced the Voslagians own native language, causing a communications barrier to form between older generations prior to the annexation, and younger ones. Despite this, many Voslagians continued to struggle for independence from Erusea.
In 2019, Erusea fell into chaos during the last days of the Lighthouse War after an simultaneous anti-satellite missile attack from Osea and Erusea inadvertently created a Kessler Syndrome event that disrupted communications across Usea. Taking advantage of this, Voslage along with several other states declared its independence from Erusea and began gathering forces in Shilage Castle, led by the Voslagian pilots of Eruseas elite 68th Experimental Squadron aka Sol Squadron. After a battle with Oseas Long Range Strategic Strike Group over the skies of Shilage Castle, the remnants of Sol Squadron then joined the Osean-Erusean coalition that had gathered to destroy the final remaining Arsenal Bird at Selatapura and later, the two rogue ADF-11F Raven units Hugin and Munin, ending the Lighthouse War.
- Enemy Mine: Voslage joined the Osean-Erusean coalition during Operation Daredevil, despite being attacked by the former and seeking independence from the latter, in order to destroy the final remaining Arsenal Bird in hopes of ending the war.
- "Go dance with the angels!"— Emmerian battle cry
A highly developed and peaceful nation that attempted to help Estovakia after pieces of the Ulysses asteroid crashed on the country in 1999. However, when Estovakia exploded into civil war in 2007, they supported (albeit misguidedly) the abusive Lyes United Front, who used the humanitarian aid sent to oppress the population. After more than 200,000 refugees were killed via deliberate starvation by LUF forces, all humanitarian aid to the nation was rerouted towards NGOs but their effectiveness proved limited.
After the civil war ended in 2013 with the LUFs defeat by the Eastern Faction and the establishment of a new military regime, Emmeria attempted to once again help with the reconstruction efforts. However, the hatred the new government had for Emmerias support of the LUF led to a deterioration of relations between the two countries.
In 2015, Emmeria was invaded by Estovakia, sparking the Emmeria-Estovakia War.
- Back from the Brink: During the second mission of Ace Combat 6 Emmeria only had half of an offshore island remaining under it's control. The rest of the country is either occupied or besieged by Estovakia. The name of the second mission is in fact "On the Brink". If Emmeria would have lost that mission they would have lost the war.
- Badass Army: After they regroup from their initial defeats the Emmerian military becomes this. Unlike allied armies in previous Ace Combat games, you'll routinely see your allies make kills, and in almost every mission, at least one of the other squadrons/ground teams are capable of completing their objective without your help. When you do help them out, they're more than willing to return the favor.
- Bling of War: The "Golden King" is a suit of armor worn by a past Emmerian king, made entirely out of gold. In the past it was said the armor was so intimidating enemies of the king surrendered without a fight. It ends up adorning an Emmerian tank, and both the tank and the armor atop it become a monument to the war.
- Culture Chop Suey: Combines a number of elements from various western nations. Emmeria's cities and military look American. Yet it was a medieval kingdom that became a republic like France. Many location names are Italian and the country uses high speed rail. The royal family is important, but doesn't govern the country and Emmeria is located at high latitudes like Canada.
- Elaborate Underground Base: Ragno Fortress is an Emmerian base built into a canyon with three giant tunnels running beneath it. It was captured by Estovakia at the beginning of the war, and Emmeria had to fight to take it back.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: A little less clear than most examples. Fans generally agree it's most like Canada, the United Kingdom, or Italy.
- The Federation: Attempted to form one with both Estovakia and Nordennavic with the name of Republic of Anea (which is a Retcon to explain why the map of Ace Combat 5 portrayed the Anean Continent just as 'Anea' including the mention of representatives of the Republic of Anea). However, the Estovakian civil war caused the initiative to fall apart.
- The Good Kingdom: In the past Emmeria was this under the rule of the Golden King. At some point however the country became a republic. Background material for Ace Combat 6 shows the country still has a royal family who does humanitarian work, although they hold no official power and the national castle is used as a history museum.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Their support of the LUF during the Estovakian Civil War led to strained relationships between both countries after the Eastern Faction assumes power, eventually leading to Estovakia invading Emmeria in 2015.
- Nicknaming the Enemy: During the Emmeria-Estovakia War Emmerian military personnel nicknamed the Estovakian's the "Stovies" for short.
- The Republic: Unlike other protagonist factions in Ace Combat Emmeria is neither a federation nor a multinational alliance but a tight knit republic with it's own national identity.
- The Siege: When Estovakia took over mainland Emmeria, many army battalions became trapped in the small town of Silvat. A lengthy standoff took place as the Estovakians besieged the town for months. The siege was lifted when Garuda Team and Emmerian reinforcements arrived just as Silvat was just about to fall into enemy hands.
- "In the midst of hardship, the citizens of Estovakia were convinced that the only way they could recover as a nation was to rely on a military government led by these "Generals." Before long, they went so far as to invade our nation, the Republic of Emmeria."— Melissa Herman
A proud, militaristic nation situated in eastern Anea. In 1998, Estovakia learned that the Anean continent would be impacted by the coming Ulysses 1994XF04 asteroid and poured their resources into building a massive railgun in order to intercept coming asteroid fragments. However, the railgun was not completed in time due to financial difficulties, leaving Estovakia defenseless when Ulysses made planetfall. The resulting devastation saw Estovakia collapse into anarchy as armed factions rose to take control of various parts of the country.
In 2007, the Lyes United Front gained control over western Estovakia and its former capital city, and attempted to reunify the country under their control with support from Emmeria. However, the city of Gledina refused to accept the rule of the LUF, prompting the latter to cut off all humanitarian aid to the city. In the humanitarian crisis that followed, over 200,000 people died to disease or starvation, which resulted in the Eastern Faction declaring war on the LUF, beginning the Estovakian Civil War.
After six years of fighting, the Eastern Faction emerged victorious over the LUF thanks in part to a fleet of massive aerial warships that was built with the assistance of Belkan engineers. A military junta known as The Generals was formed that spent the following years rebuilding the nation and its military. However, due to Emmeria's misguided support for the LUF during the civil war, the new government began to blame Emmeria for the country's suffering, straining the relations between both countries.
In 2015, Estovakia invaded Emmeria in retribution for the latters support of the LUF, sparking the Emmeria-Estovakia War.
- Airborne Aircraft Carrier: The P-1112 Aigaion. Created using stolen technology brought by defecting Belkan exiles, its an jet with a kilometer wingspan capable of launching fighters and cruise missiles midair. It also has its own fleet of smaller aerial warships for anti-air defense and electronics warfare. The "Generals" used it to win the civil war and take over most of Emmeria.
- Badass Army: Made up of experienced vets who endured years of civil war, the Estovakian military almost took over its larger and wealthier neighbor, Emmeria.
- BFG: Estovakia began construction on an island sized railgun called Chandelier to shoot down the Ulysses asteroids. The barrel of the gun can fire multiple cruise missiles and is so large that fighter planes can fly through it. Unfortunatly it wasn't completed in time to stop the asteroids. It was eventually completed in 2016 and used to try to destroy the Emmerian capital of Gracemaria in the final days of the Emmeria-Estovakia War.
- Big Bad: They're main villians of Ace Combat 6. While the average soldiers of Estovakia are depicted as anti-villains as "the Generals" are specifically the ones who caused the war.
- Civil War: The country fell into one following the Ulysses disaster. The war involved multiple factions and lasted several years. It only came to an end when the generals of the Eastern Faction defeated the other factions by using their aerial fleet.
- Colony Drop: Was one of the worst hit nations by the Ulysses asteroid planetfall. Estovakia saw at least eight major asteroid impacts causing widespread destruction and leaving its economy in shambles. The fall of the nation's government then led to a prolonged civil war.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: Of former Soviet States such as Ukraine, Belarus and Georgia.
- If I Can't Have You...: After Emmeria succeeds in liberating their capital Gracemaria, Estovakia attempted to destroy the city using the Chandelier railgun.
- Military Coup: At the end of the war "the Generals" were ousted from power in a coup d'etat following the destruction of the Chandelier, leading to a peace agreement with Emmeria.
- People's Republic of Tyranny: The military government led by "the Generals" is highly authoritarian and nationalistic.
- Ruritania: The Estovakians have predominantly Russian and Romanian names and accents. Their standard combat jets are Russian. The name Strigon is a reference to the vampires of Romanian Mythology, and the name "Stovies" is an anagram for "Soviets".
- Super Prototype: The CFA-44 Nosferatu is a sixth-generation stealth aircraft developed by an Estovakian state-run company. The Nosferatu is renowned for it's advanced ADMM missiles, twin railguns, and high agility. The aircrafts exorbitant cost however meant only a handful were ever produced.
- Weapon of Mass Destruction: When the war with Emmeria began to turn against them Estovakia threatened to use WM Ds against civilians unless the Emmerians halted their advance. Fortunately, Garuda Team was able to eliminate the WMD transport unit before they could deliver their payload. While the weapon is never seen it's assumed to be either chemical or biological.
- "The Kingdom of Nordennavic has been neutral for centuries; a beacon of freedom and stability in the troubled world of Strangereal."— Ace Combat: Northern Wings mission 1 briefing
A relatively peaceful nation with a strong stance of neutrality on the world's conflicts and disputes. However, they have a tendency to secretly support the nations they believe in and/or benefits them.
- Broad Strokes: The characterization of them secretly intervening in foreign conflicts comes from the non-canon Phone game Ace Combat: Northern Wings.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: Of Scandinavian countries.
- Good Counterpart: Northern Wings makes them one to Belka, as both are northern nations with hyper-advanced air forces who meddle in the affairs of other nations behind the scenes.
- Jack Bartlett: "Listen, the only thing across that ocean is Murska Air Base. Thats Yuktobanian territory."Albert Genette: "But, havent we been allies with the Yukes since the war 15 years ago?"
An union of nations and one of the two preeminent global superpowers alongside the Osean Federation. During the 1980s, Yuktobania and Osea were involved in a bitter Cold War that saw both countries build up their nuclear arsenals. However, the two nations managed to end their rivalry and joined forces during the Belkan War of 1995.
In the following years after the war, both Osea and Yuktobania were in relative peace as the two superpowers began collaborating on space development and nuclear disarmament. That is, until 2010 when the Yuktobanian Air Force attacked Osean bases along their western coast in a surprise invasion without provocation. Starting the Circum-Pacific War.
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us: Yuktobania began the Circum-Pacific War by launching a series of surprise attacks against numerous bases on Osea's western coast. Later on the Yukes attempt a seaborne invasion of Wardog Squadron's Sand Island Airbase in order to gain a foothold in Osea.
- Culture Chop Suey: While Yuktobania is based on Russia or the Soviet Union it lies primarily in tropic climatic zones and uses real-world Western planes in addition to Russian models.
- HeelFace Turn: After Razgriz Squadron rescued Yuktobanian prime minister Nikanor and revealed the Belkan Grey Mens role in instigating the Circum-Pacific War, the Yukes joined forces with the Oseans to assault the Grey Mens headquarters in Sudentor.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: Of both the Soviet Union (size-wise) and its successor; the Russian Federation (culture-wise).
- La Résistance: A Yuktobanian resistance group made up of students and intellectuals arose during the Circum-Pacific War to combat the nation's wartime government. Razgriz Squadron helped the resistance disable a nuclear warhead that was intended for use by the Belkan aggressors stationed in Yuktobania. Later they also were able to rescue deposed prime minister Nikanor from Yuktobania's military government.
- Military Mashup Machine: Yuktobania has the Scinfaxi-class ballistic missile subs which also double as submersible aircraft carriers. Yuktobania also developed the more advanced Alicorn submersible carrier, although it later ended up in Erusea's control.
- Military Coup: With the help of the Belkan Grey Men, a group of right-wing Yuktobanian nationalists secretly staged a coup and removed prime minister Nikanor from office. Without Nikanor to stay the military's response, the new regime declared war on the Osean Federation and launched several blitz attacks against its former ally.
- Multiple Government Polity: Like the real-life Soviet Union, they are composed of multiple autonomous and semi-autonomous republics.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: After the Circum-Pacific War, Yuktobania sold the Super Scinfaxi-class submarine Alicorn to Erusea as scrap metal. This would inadvertently contribute to Matias Torres mutiny and subsequent attempt to destroy the Osean capital of Oured during the Lighthouse War.
- The Rival: To Osea which is Strangereal's other superpower.
- Space Cold War: Was locked in a cold war with Osea durring the 1980s complete with an unrestricted arms race. This cold war came to an end in the 1990s however when Yuktobania and Osea became allies during the Belkan War.
- Space-Filling Empire: Yuktobania is huge. It takes up most of the Verusan continent and is about the same size as South America in the real world.