A list of characters found in Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
(Still under construction!)
Republic of Emmeria Air Force, 8th Air Division, 28th Fighter Squadron "Garuda"
Talisman and Shamrock's unit. One of the Emmerian regional defence squadrons based in Gracemeria, who participate in the first Battle of Gracemeria and later spearhead the liberation of Emmeria.
Tropes that apply to Garuda Team as a whole:
- Ace Pilot: Par for the course for Talisman since he's the Player Character, but Shamrock also gets called an ace by Emmerians.
- Big Damn Heroes: Happens a lot during the game.
- Crew of One: For at least a year and a half, Talisman was the sole member of Garuda Team. Shamrock joined as Garuda 2 only during Estovakia's initial attack.
- The Dreaded: The Estovakian army ends up sending whole squadrons gunning for them after they start losing significant ground in Emmeria thanks to Garuda.
- Hope Bringer: Like every Ace Combat protagonist unit, just knowing they're going to support a unit on their next mission is enough to give a moral boost to Emmerian soldiers. Doubly so after destroying the Aiagon.
- Meaningful Name: Garuda is a giant bird creature that acts as Vishnu's mount in Hindu mythology; alsom Garuda is the Hindu name for the Aquila constellation, evoking another Aquila for veterans of the series.
- An Estovakian soldier also notes that Garuda's emblem evoke the Piasa, a dragon-like creature in Native American mythology.
- Poor Communication Kills: Due to a miscommunication, Garuda ends up disobeying a retreat order causing them to be stripped of their medals and grounded. Fortunately, they redeem themselves.
Talisman, Garuda 1
The sole member (at first) and leader of Garuda Team, and later hero of Emmeria.
- Featureless Protagonist: Talisman is a man and... That's all we know.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: Every pilot who flew alongside him claim they felt "something" was protecting them as long as they stuck with Talisman. Whether it's because of his skills and reputation or something else is left vague, but it echoes nicely the words of Pixy in The Belkan War, who half-jokingly asks if a Knight Cipher was blessed by the goddess of war for being so good and so honorable.
- Meaningful Name: He sure acts as a good luck charm for Emmerians.
- Weapon of Choice: Always pictured flying the F-15E Strike Eagle in official art.
Lieutenant Marcus Lampert/Shamrock, Garuda 2
The sole survivor of his original squadron, Shamrock was reaffected to Talisman's unit during the first battle of Gracemeria. He wants to free the country as soon as possible in order to be reunited with his wife and daughter, still in Gracemeria.
- Bittersweet Ending: Emmeria wins the war, but he lost his family and is confined to a wheelchair after crashing. Meeting Melissa gives him the drive to start therapy to walk again, at least.
- Despair Event Horizon: He completely breaks down when he learns the death of his family.
- Meaningful Name: "Shamrock" is the Irish name for the four-leaf clover, a sign of good luck. He sure is for Emmeria until he learns about his family.
Republic of Emmeria
AWACS Ghost Eye
An Emmerian AWACS who mostly works as support and command for Garuda Team.
Sergeant Louis McKnight
- Voiced by: Kirk Thornton [EN]
The sole survivor of the Serval tank unit alongside with his buddies Torch and Hobsbawm, they also want to reach Gracemeria as soon as possible, but not only to liberate the capital from the Estovakians...
- The Heist: He and his buddies want to pull one on the vault of the Gracemeria Central Bank when they reach the capital, thinking everybody will be too busy fighting to notice a robbery. They succeed, but end up finding that the statue of the Golden King was put in the vault as well. They decide to parade it on their tank to celebrate the victory over Estovakia.
Melissa and Matilda Herman
- Voiced by: Cindy Robinson [EN] (Melissa)
Wife and daughter of an unnamed Emmerian pilot who dies during the first battle of Gracemeria. Melissa, believing her daughter died as well, leaves the city alongside other refugees, but hearing a certain line on the radio convinces her to go back to Gracemeria.
- Arc Words: "Go dance with the angels", her private joke between her husband and her (the "angels" are the fighter jets her husband flew with), which becomes the rallying cry of the Emmerians against the Estovakian occupiers.
- Despair Event Horizon: Melissa gets completely broken and acts like an automaton after finding her husband's wrecked plane and fleeing Gracemeria believing her daughter is gone as well. Then, she hears a child tell the Estovakians to "go dance with the angels", springing her back in action.
- Happily Married: Despite her frustration with her husband's job as a pilot, meaning he wasn't frequently at home, Melissa and him seemed in very good terms.
- Odd Friendship: With Ludmila. Despite barely understanding each other due to the language barrier, the fact that they're both driven by the will to find their loved ones makes them become fast friends.
Monica and Jessica Lampert
Shamrock's wife and daughter. Believed to still be in Gracemeria.
Federal Republic of Estovakia
Lieutenant Colonel Victor Voychek, Strigon Leader
The initial leader of Strigon Team and a veteran of the Estovakian Civil War, Voychek gets wounded during the capture of Gracemeria and is left unable to fly, serving as an intelligence officer from then on.
- Ace Pilot: Used to be the best in Estovakia until Ilya outperformed him.
- Anti-Villain: He might be an officer of the invading army, but he has no prejudice or hatred towards Emmerians and just wants the whole affair to be done as quickly as possible.
- Career-Ending Injury: He hurt his leg badly after ejecting from his plane during his fight with Talisman, putting a full stop to his career as a pilot.
- HeelFace Turn: Ludmila's words convince him to hand over the Chandelier's technical plans to Emmeria, giving them vital information on the superweapons weaknesses.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: His Strigon squadron used to be the best in Estovakia during the Civil War, until Ilya's Vampire squadron stole their place in the spotlight.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Ludmila gives him a blistering rant about how he can let Emmerian civilians die when he witnessed firsthand the horrors war has on civvies during the Estovakian Civil War. This triggers his HeelFace Turn, handing Melissa, Matilda, and Ludmila the Chandelier's blueprints to later transmit to the Emmerian pilots assaulting the superweapon.
Lieutenant Commander Ilya Pasternak, Vampire Leader/Strigon 2/Strigon Leader
- Voiced by: Steve Van Wormer [EN]
- Ace Pilot: Estovakia's finest, to the point he was sent to the front lines and placed in command of Strigon specifically to fight the Garuda Team.
- Anti-Villain: He harbors no animosity towards the Emmerians, even listening to the Emmerian resistance's radio broadcasts, and is just simply doing his duty as an soldier fighting for his country.
- The Casanova: Ilya boasts that he can get any woman he wants with his good looks and natural suaveness. His squadron mates agree to the point some even claim they would fall for him if they were women.
- The Men First: The safety of his squadron members is his priority, to the point that he takes Talisman and the entire Emmerian air force on alone just to give them a fleeing chance, knowing he is outmatched.
- Super Prototype: When he reappears during the Liberation of Gracemeria, he's flying the CFA-44 "Nosferatu". His version is both armed with the All Direction Multi-purpose Missile/ADMM system as well as a control module for the "Malebolge" UAV-45 swarm that accompanies him. He puts them all to good use.
First Lieutenant Toscha Mijasik, Strigon 12
Yet another veteran of the Estovakian Civil War, Mijasik is one of the Strigon pilots providing air support to the Estovakians during the war.
- Voiced by: Melissa Fahn [EN]
Toscha Mijasik's girlfriend. At first a medicine student in Nordennavic, Ludmila decides to leave for Gracemeria in order to be with Toscha when the war turns sour for Estovakia.
- Odd Friendship: With Melissa. Despite barely understanding each other due to the language barrier, the fact that they're both driven by the will to find their loved ones makes them become fast friends.