A list of characters from Academy of Merlin that have either attended the Academy at some point in the past, or are currently attending the Academy now. Organized by year, and then by last name.
Lucians tend to work best alone. They will take their work at their own pace and nobody else's, and often only put extra effort into subjects that specifically interest them. Lucians stop and consider a plan of action before jumping anything, cautious not to do anything extraneous or unnecessary. Because they tend to rely on no one but themselves, Lucians find it more difficult than most to open up to people and will take on heavy burdens without saying a word, but they will accept support when they really need it. Oddly enough, Lucian also has a reputation of having the tightest bonds between their housemates.
A clumsy girl with a mysterious fiance.
- Conditioned to Accept Horror: Though some things still get to her, your standard dead body wouldn't make Fate bat an eye.
- Curse: Fate is cursed to see the dead in their moment of death. According to her, the only way to break the curse on her (and the other one on a different family) is to marry her best friend. However, a few things about the curse don't quite add up.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Tall and gangly, and a bit clumsy to boot.
- Fingerless Gloves: Had fingerless gloves in her first semester design.
- Green-Eyed Monster: She gets very jealous about Viola and tries to spend time with them alone.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a seabreeze bow in her hair in her second semester design.
- Meaningful Name: Chose her name so she could be symbolically ruled by herself.
- Playing with Fire: A flamewielder.
- Skirt over Slacks: Somehow made a skirt over pants work during first semester. During the second, she's much more comfortable wearing dresses.
A girl from Las Vegas that practices stage magic.
- Berserk Button: Lyn keeps her temper most of the time, but when it comes to her brother, boy does she let everything fly.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Her hair contrasts her skin.
- Family Business: Lyn has eagerly followed in her father's footsteps and is an amateur stage magician. She looks forward to either taking over her father's theater one day or buying one of her own.
- Hair Decorations: Keeps a bow tied about ear level on one side.
- Hot-Blooded: She puts her all into magic and her other hobbies.
- Large Ham: Especially when performing. Lyn doesn't walk into a room without making sure everyone knows she's there.
- Magic Wand: Has one as her channeler.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Lyn has found this is a very useful tool to get more information than someone wants you to know. She doesn't mind acting a bit like an idiot to get what she wants.
- Perpetual Smiler: Comes with the territory of a magician, and one of the three rules Lyn establishes her life around.
An Italian half-dwarf that needs to be kinkshamed.
- Bishie Sparkle: Invokes this deliberately with their starwielding.
- The Charmer: A very flirtatious kid.
- Crush Blush: In contrast to their somewhat impervious facade, Viola is actually quite easily embarrassed when receiving compliments, especially those they find cute.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a small clip in his hair.
- Legacy of Service: Their family has a history of serving the Gambinos.
Basically just an embarrassed lesbian.
- Alpha Bitch: Embraces her role as the Mean Girl of the upperclassmen.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Originally convinced she was meant to be a prodigy, Finch showed up at Merlin only to realize she wasn't quite as special as she thought she was.
- Mixed Ancestry: A dwelf.
- Nice Hat: Wears a snapback backwards. The hat is much nicer than its wearer's personality.
- Phoneaholic Teenager: Loves being on her phone, all the time. She's rarely far from it, which makes sense as it's her channeler.
- Stuff Blowing Up: A boomwielder.
- Took A Level In Cynicism: Shortly after arriving at Merlin and realizing she wasn't nearly as special as she'd thought.
A very, very lazy dwarf that enjoys messing with people.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Sure, they could do things, but why bother?
- Brutal Honesty: They don't mince words and they don't hide their opinions.
- Deadpan Snarker: Enjoys saying sarcastic things in a deadpan voice.
- The Gadfly: Likes to say things purely to piss people off.
Priscilla Eleanor Christine Lucille Josephina Ann Delafontaine
Lucian House Representative
A rich half-dwarf next in line to take on the family business.
- Childhood Friends: With Zachary - the two have been together since they were nine.
- Flowery Insults: "That skirt and those shoes go together about as well as a child in a Halloween costume asking for candy instead of cookies when his choir group sings Christmas carols in the dead of winter for the nice old people down the street!
- Glacier Waif: Possesses a surprising amount of strength for her size. Justified in that she's part dwarf.
- Gold Digger: Always looking for money despite coming from a rich family.
- Hair Decorations: She has a pink flower in her hair.
- Kid With The Remote Control: She's the only one capable of commanding Zalmon to do... just about anything, really.
- Mixed Ancestry: A half-dwarf.
- Pink Is Feminine: Her main outfit is primarily pink and she's very femme indeed.
- Proud Beauty: Very confident in her looks.
- Rapunzel Hair: Light blonde hair that flows down her back.
Janus think outside the box in often ridiculous and outlandish ways. It's rare that they will follow anyone's instructions but their own and use their own intuition to solve their problems. They work best when they are not restricted by their environment, allowing them to use flexible solutions. Janus will frequently test their solutions without any input from others, resulting in a house reputation of those that jump first and think second, implementing wild plans at the drop of a hat. They enjoy working together, as like-minded Janus will often come up with the same insane ideas.
An average kid.
- Conveniently an Orphan: Was adopted by a magick family during his childhood.
- The Generic Guy: Looks like a completely normal kid.
- Jerkass to One: Though he's been totally amicable with everyone else, the moment Alex ran into Kayla his entire demeanor changed and he became much more confrontational.
- Mixed Ancestry: A dwelf, not that you can tell at first glance, as his ears are rounded.
- Nice Guy: A nice, average kid.
- The Nondescript: Just your average kid, and underneath... yup, still an average kid.
- Ordinary High-School Student: As normal as you can get at Merlin.
- Ridiculously Average Guy: There's nothing special about him at all.
- Taking the Heat: Alex confessed to Teo that they didn't kill anyone; someone else did, and they're taking the blame to prevent a massive war in a House of Cards.
- Trademark Favorite Food:
- Alex fucking loves mustard.
- Also seems to have a penchant for Twix.
A quiet dwelf that's always working on her next novel.
- Blue Blood: Actually a princess of a village in Calcedonia that's having issues with the local dwarf population.
- Child of Two Worlds: Her father is the leader of a dwarf tribe, and her mother the queen of an elf kingdom.
- Ill Girl: She has a bit of a weak constitution.
- No Social Skills: Hardly knows how to speak to people, so she doesn't talk to people much at all. She does observe them, though.
Snezhana "Han" Mescheryakov
A mischievious dwelf with a penchant for causing trouble.
- Bold Explorer: Suggested finding a dragon-filled tower. Twice.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Eats up urban legends like there's no tomorrow.
- Conveniently an Orphan: Adopted along with their six brothers.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Would much rather go barefoot.
- Embarrassing First Name: Their first name very much reminds them of the word 'sneeze', so they'd rather go by Han.
- The Gadfly: They love to mess with people for the hell of it.
- Hair Decorations: A golden star to go with their golden star necklace.
- Hot-Blooded: Throws themselves into everything: their projects, Christa's kingdom's problems, astral projection...
- An Ice Person: An icewielder.
- Jade-Colored Glasses: Happened before they arrived at Merlin. They keep up their upbeat personality, but from time to time they'll reminisce.
- Keet: Colorful, excitable, and hyperactive. They always have some sort of project running.
- Magical Accessory: Their hair decoration is actually the Second Star, an ancient relic that had been protecting their village for centuries.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Has six brothers.
- Mixed Ancestry: A dwelf.
- Motor Mouth: Will go on a tangent if you let them. Whether this is for better or worse is debatable; they have an incredibly active imagination and lots to say, but poor Casey can barely get in a word edgewise speaking to them.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Stole the Second Star from their village, and with it, its protection.
- Quirky Curls: Han is incredibly quirky and sports a head full of stubborn curls.
- Skunk Stripe: Their bangs are streaked white.
- Took a Level in Kindness: They were originally pretty indifferent towards people they didn't know, but more recently they've gotten nicer, taking time to accommodate for Jun's nervousness and even bringing Ace a bag of tarts in apology. Stolen tarts, but tarts nonetheless.
A blind island princess with a thirst for exploring.
- Bold Explorer: She will boldly go where no one has gone before.
- Carry a Big Stick: Carries a large walking stick to help her feel out where she's going.
- Cynicism Catalyst: Became significantly more cynical and jaded after witnessing Musoke kill TB.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Prefers going barefoot than wearing shoes.
- Making a Splash: She's a waterwielder.
- Muscles Are Meaningful: She may be short, but there's pure muscle underneath those baggy clothes.
- Nice Hat: Wears a big sun hat to keep the sun out of her eyes.
- Super Senses: Llyr is blind, and cannot see in the normal way. Instead, she sees the Luna and Sol within other magicks. This does mean she runs into mundanes frequently, though.
- Took a Level in Cynic: After the Holiday Ball, Llyr became more solemn and serious, focusing on her friends rather than the world around her.
- Uneven Hybrid: One sixteenth naiad.
- Youthful Freckles: Freckles spread across her face and presumably the rest of her body, underneath slightly burnt skin.
Janus House Representative
A competitive gamer looking to make it to the professional level.
- Blow You Away: They're a windwielder.
- Hikikomori: Spends a lot of time inside, playing video games. A lot.
- Proud to Be a Geek: Totally into gaming and absolutely proud of it.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Really big ego. Like, really big.
A half-elf with a penchant for solving mysteries.
- Amateur Sleuth: A lot of their sleuthing skills come from what they've read off the internet, though a majority of them come from growing up in a house of three detectives.
- Blow You Away: They're a windwielder.
- Bold Explorer: They're going to solve every mystery at the Academy if it kills them. (It comes close.)
- Break the Cutie: Parents? Murdered. Half-sister? Refusing to give them the time of day. Jacket that was the only keepsake of their parents and their only means of protecting themselves against a ruthless killer? Destroyed. No wonder Irene soured.
- Broken Bird: After learning of her parents' death, Irene's attitude significantly dampened. They tried to stay optimistic so no one would notice, but plenty of people did. After receiving her parents' final case, Irene threw herself into the work to try to stay ahead of her depression.
- Eagle-Eye Detection: She's good at spotting little things and knows when it's better to keep her mouth shut about it.
- Great Detective: After learning of her parents' death, Irene stopped screwing around and buckled down into their detective ability. They're very good at piecing together stories with only a few clues; the only thing really holding them back is their insecurity about their own abilities.
- Hair Decorations: Two flowers in her hair in her first semester design.
- Large Ham: Irene is so hammy that if Merlin were a movie she wouldn't be Chewing the Scenery, she'd be biting it to shreds.
- Nice Hat: Wears their father's hat in second semester as a memento.
- Sherlock Scan: While they're good at deducting much of the time, they're often led to the wrong conclusion. Sometimes their scans pay off, though, and they're right on the money... even if they don't realize it.
- Sweet Tooth: Will eat literally anything if it's dipped in chocolate.
- Took a Level in Cynic: Upon discovering her parents were killed, Irene more or less dropped her cheerful front and became more solemn, serious, and pessimistic.
A kid that probably doesn't like rainbows.
- Affectionate Nickname: Irene calls him Watson.
- Bare Your Midriff: Wears a crop top that exposes his extremely thin belly.
- Dishing Out Dirt: He's a stonewielder.
- Multicolored Hair: His hair is dyed rainbow.
- Nothing but Skin and Bones: Teo forgets to eat a lot, and he's unhealthily skinny.
- Took A Level In Cynicism: Before fourth year he was much cheerier, but has become jaded when faced with the realization that he won't be at the Academy much longer.
Ekaterinas (generally shortened to Ekat) prefer to use tried-and-true methods when it comes to solving problems, turning to reliable sources and their own previous experience. They will either work with others or work alone depending on the situation. Ekats will always go for the most logical, efficient solution to any problem and have been known to completely throw away their strategy if it isn't working. They will take the whole problem and the consequences into account when making a decision, and are always thinking of the long-term.
A French half-dwarf that lives in an old house in Paris, covered with vines.
- Hair Decorations: A golden bow.
- Marked to Die: The reason a black dog is after her, her dog, and her friend Pepito. Madeline defied the laws of fate by not drowning in the Seine, and thus a black dog is after her to finish the job.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: With Pepito. Madeline, though in appearance more feminine, is much more rough-and-tumble than the delicate Pepito.
- Mixed Ancestry: A half-dwarf.
- Nice Girl: A very sweet, gentle girl that's always willing to lend a hand.
- Pint-Sized Kid: Barely breaks five feet.
- Stout Strength: Despite her size, Madeline is surprisingly physically strong.
- Took A Level In Cynicism: After being attacked by the black dog, Madeline became less bubbly and more serious.
A cheerful kid with one hell of an inheritance.
- Domino Mask: He doesn't actually have one, but the markings on his face invoke the trope.
- Facial Markings: Has black face paint in the shame of a Domino Mask around his eyes. Totally not a Shout-Out to Splatoon or anything.
A forgetful kid that really, really dislikes going to sleep.
- Brutal Honesty: Donovan is incredibly blunt with most of the things they say. This is probably because Donovan doesn't like to mince words considering Donovan loses their memory every time Donovan goes to sleep.
- Diary: Donovan keeps a diary to keep track of Donovan's day-to-day experiences. Donovan writes down everything in the diary, and refers to it constantly for what Donovan needs to know for daily life.
- Empty Shell: Teddi ripped Donovan's fragile soul out of Don's body and shattered it, and now Don's body is just that—a body.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Donovan forgets everything Donovan has experienced when Donovan goes to sleep, which is why Donovan has the diary in the first place.
- Mixed Ancestry: Donovan is a half-elf.
- Multicolored Hair: Donovan's hair is cream at the top and fades into brown about a quarter of the way down Donovan's head.
- Note to Self: Donovan leaves sticky notes in Donovan's diary, noting anything that Donovan considers important or isn't already there.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Donovan is known as Donovan, but Don's real name is Jai-Wen.
- Rapunzel Hair: Donovan's hair goes all the way down to Donovan's calves.
An elf that really, really likes frogs and also owns a sick bike.
- Animal Motif: Heavily associated with frogs, their favorite animal.
- Don't Split Us Up: Is very protective of his sister Doe and works hard to keep them together.
- Cool Bike: Drives a motorbike that is green, like a frog.
- Missing Mom: His mom disappeared, resulting in his father moving their family to Justus once Beck received his letter. (Much like frogs migrating to a new pond.)
- Mysterious Mist: A mistwielder, much like frogs excreting mucus from their skin.
- The Quiet One: Doesn't talk much, similar to how a frog is silent unless it croaks.
- Reality Ensues: Suffered a heart attack on New Year's from working three jobs at once and dodging his abusive father. Frogs have tough lives.
- Travel Cool: Gets around on a neat frog-themed motorbike.
- Workaholic: Seems to always keep a job. Frogs like to keep busy during the day.
Ekaterina House Representative
A cute elf hailing from an elf farm - a rarity these days.
- Apologizes a Lot: Says sorry to Priscilla nine times during their first string of texts.
- Country Mouse: Hails from farm country and isn't particularly fond of the city.
- Down on the Farm: Hails from an elven dairy farm. Elven farms in general are rare due to lack of funding.
- Friend to All Children: Lucia tends to give off a very motherly vibe that draws younger kids to her.
- Green Thumb: She's a plantwielder.
- Hair Decorations: A cute bow.
A cheerful kid from the suburbs that gets along pretty well with just about anybody. Enjoys blockin' out the haters.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Very smart, but he isn't a big fan of doing lots of busywork. As a result, his grades aren't as good as they could be, but they're exactly where he wants them to be.
- Consummate Liar: Surprisingly, yes. Raid has gotten this far in life by frequently lying his ass off about his personality and interests. This has netted him friends, grades, and even parents, but as a result he feel he has very little that he has truly earned.
- Happily Adopted: By two lesbian Muslims, Alhena and Hadil.
- Nice Guy: A cheerful, sociable kid.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Surprisingly good at this. Raid finds that one easy way to make people drop their guard around you is by acting like an idiot.
- Perpetual Smiler: It's pretty rare not to see him grinning his ass off.
- Split at Birth: With his twin, L2, who was killed in The Pet Project.
- The Trickster: He enjoys playing harmless pranks on his housemates - the kind of jokes that end with all parties laughing.
An elf with his whole life written out for him ahead of time.
- The Fashionista: Dresses fashionably at all times - it would bring shame to his family's brand name if he didn't.
- Fashion Model: For the Parcaes. Keeps a strict diet because of it.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Keeps his hair tied back, but boy it's luscious.
- Nice Guy: Despite immediate assumptions, he really is pretty nice.
- Nice Hat: Wears a stylish hat to fit his celestial theme.
- Pretty Boy: The prettiest damn boy you ever did see.
- Rapunzel Hair: His hair in a ponytail goes down to his ass. Undone, it probably reaches his knees.
- Star Power: Due to a forced aspect change, he's a starwielder.
A carefree elf that has probably stepped into the Ekaterina Commons three times. Trapped in his own head.
- Actual Pacifist: Will do literally anything and everything to avoid both physical and vocal confrontation.
- Adorkable: A friendly, open guy that will gladly dance when everyone is watching.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: In a strange twist of the trope, Zachary has never studied for a test in his life. He also has had straight As for his entire school career.
- Childhood Friends: With Priscilla, whom he calls Priss or Piss depending on his mood. Zachary moved into the Delafontaine household when he was nine and the two have been together ever since.
- Child Soldiers: According to Zalmon, he and Zachary were raised to be a living weapon. Well, more Zalmon. Zachary was meant to disappear.
- Conveniently an Orphan: He remembers he was at an orphanage until he was adopted, but he doesn't remember much about his life at the orphanage.
- Dancing with Myself: Has a habit of dancing to whatever he's listening to, or just in general if he's bored. Whether he Sucks at Dancing or if it's just Stylistic Suck is up to one's opinion.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Tan skin, blonde hair.
- Devoted to You: Completely and entirely to Priscilla, in a platonic sense. Zachary is assigned as her guard, and since she's one of the first people he remembers, he's very attached to her and would do about anything to ensure her safety.
- Evil Me Scares Me: Played with. Zachary is terrified of Zalmon, partially because he's such a pacifist and partially because he seriously injured Priscilla in the summer before fourth year. However, Zalmon isn't exactly evil, he just has a radically different way of doing things from Zachary.
- Giftedly Bad: At singing. Don't let him sing. You will regret that decision immensely.
- Good with Numbers: Very smart. There's a reason he never needs to study to ace every test.
- Grand Theft Me: Occurs when Zalmon takes over. It's triggered by yanking on Zachary's ponytail.
- Hates Being Alone: Zachary has extreme separation anxiety when it comes to Priss. It's partially caused by Zalmon's worry that something bad will happen to Priss, but it bleeds into Zachary and makes him jumpy and worried when he's alone with his own thoughts.
- It's All My Fault: Blames himself for Priscilla's injury.
- Mysterious Mist: A mistwielder.
- Possession Burnout: Inverted. Zachary is technically the one possessing Zalmon, but the very act of being conscious of the world around him causes his mind to crumble. Zalmon took over to prevent Zachary from deteriorating any further.
- Real Men Wear Pink: His scarf is pink and purple and he wears it proudly. He also cries at soap operas.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Averted; Zach's eyes are red due to a hex, but it doesn't seem to affect his behavior in any way.
- Scarf Of Asskicking: His scarf, a gift from his girlfriend, is his channeler.
- Split Personality: Zachary is actually a splinter of Zalmon, the second personality in his body. While Zalmon is technically the dominant one, Zachary is out most of the time. However, he hasn't been actually out and about since around Halloween, as merely being out was causing his mind to crumble.
- Transfer Student Uniforms: Played with. Zach isn't a transfer student, but he wears a Lucian uniform under an Ekat-yellow jacket.
Tomas prefer to work together than apart. They refuse to move forward alone, ensuring those behind get the help they need to come together as well. They ensure everyone has an equal workload and nobody gets a problem they cannot handle. Tomas will often form groups and brainstorm solutions to a problem, believing that several heads are better than one. Because the Tomas support each other and ensure everyone excels, they are often called the most ordinary house, but in reality they are anything but.
A quiet girl from Cape Cod with a love for sharks.
- Hair Decorations: She wears a small fish clip.
- Happily Adopted: Averted. Lana was adopted by her biological parents, but it was only to use her to her father's own ends.
- She's Got Legs: Though she hides them with baggy clothes, Lana's legs are reasonably fit due to running away from angry shopkeepers with alarming regularity.
- Street Smart: Growing up in Cape Cod and dubbing herself with the responsibility of feeding several younger children left Lana with a lot of clever thinking and a good idea of how to survive on the streets.
- Team Mom: Of Swim Team. Lana's big sister instincts tend to kick in even with her friends that are older than her. She's cautious not to baby anyone, though.
- The Unfavorite: She's overshadowed by her sister, Clymene. Where Clymene is treated as a princess, Lana is treated as a guinea pig.
An elf with some particularly unusual ears.
- Cute Little Fangs: Has two small fangs that amplify his cuteness.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Dark, dark skin, with almost-white hair.
- Friend to All Children: Likes kids and used to dealing with them.
- Limited Wardrobe: Played with. Harta wears the same thing more or less every day, mostly because he likes that set of clothes. He'll wear something different if his usual clothes are too smelly or if the weather is bad, but for the most part he wears the same.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: His hair is very long and he keeps it tied back in a ponytail.
- Perpetual Frowner: It's rare to see Harta smile. Ever.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Inverted with Harta; his least favorite food is watermelon. And for some reason, once he starts eating it he can't stop.
- Unusual Ears: Even for an elf, they're pretty weird - Harta's ears are large and stick out at a strange angle.
A boy from Alabama that loves him some good old-fashioned breakfast food.
- Fish out of Water: He's out of his element as he's never left home before.
- Good Ol' Boy: A real down-to-earth kid.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: The eldest of five.
- Messy Hair: Tousled hair that rarely lays flat.
- Sweet Home Alabama: Hails from a rural town in Alabama.
A cheerful kid with a deep affection for magical girls.
- Black and White Morality: Seren has trouble seeing the gray of the world; to her, the world is split into good and evil.
- For Great Justice: Always willing to put herself in harm's way for the sake of the greater good.
- Jumped at the Call: She's eager to prove that she's a powerful magical girl.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: When Seren summons her scythe, you know she means business.
- Multicolored Hair: Seren's hair, ordinarily brown is dyed purple and blue.
- Nice Girl: Looks most like herself with a warm smile and a twinkle in her eye.
A casual half-elf that likes snapping suspenders.
- The Collector of the Strange: Likes to collect weird things.
- Hair Decorations: A small decorative poff is tied to one of xir locks of hair.
- Hollywood Acid: Xey're an acidwielder.
- Legacy of Service: Xir relative, Loren, worked as a personal assistant to a wealthy family, and later so did Casey.
- Mixed Ancestry: A half-elf.
A hammy half-elf with a flair for the dramatic.
- Animesque: She acts much like a typical shonen protagonist.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: She wants to be the very best, like no one ever was.
- Long Hair Is Feminine: Subverted. Eponine has long, flowing hair, but is very much unfeminine.
- Hair Decorations: A small ginkgo leaf clip.
- Mixed Ancestry: A half-elf.
- Mysterious Mist: She's a mistwielder.
- Scarf Of Asskicking: Wears a yellow scarf and acts up the part of a shonen protagonist.
- Walking the Earth: Has been wandering around searching for clues on her missing parents.
A mysterious third year that can't quite remember who they are.
- 11th-Hour Superpower: Played with. Sage demonstrated enough power to stop rain where it fell and used it to attack Ezrael, but immediately afterwards they passed out with a high fever, and according to the rest of Seventeen they've never done anything like that before.
- Ambiguous Gender: Goes by they/them pronouns.
- Adorkable: When they aren't being serious, anyway. Sage's more cheerful side tends to show itself especially around Hermes, whom they identify with as a fellow albino.
- Blood Magic: Sage possesses the unusual ability of bloodwielding, a branch of magic that would ordinarily cause taint. They hate the power and dislike using it.
- Death of Personality: Upon getting their memories back, Sage went from a soft-spoken, easily frightened person to a confident Leader that doesn't shy away from anything.
- Determinator: Once they're decided on something, it's difficult to make them change their mind.
- Freakiness Shame: They were uncomfortable with their hair and eyes without their memories. With them, they actually prefer the white hair and pink eyes.
- The Heart: Of Unit 17. With Sage around, the unit operates like a well-oiled machine. They are the glue that holds their family together.
- Hide Your Otherness: Deeply bothered by their appearance and albino nature, Sage had their hair dyed blue and wears blue contacts.
- I Let Gwen Stacy Die: Blames themselves for Catherine's death, and is surprisingly insecure about their leadership position as a result.
- Improbable Weapon User: They're a mage and channel using Catherine's hairpin.
- Making a Splash: They're a waterwielder.
- Quest for Identity: Sage searched for clues to their past and personality before losing their memories. They eventually found some clues in their unit, but it took seeing Ahellia nearly get killed to jolt them back to normal.
- Tragic Keepsake: Keeps a rabbit hair pin and uses it as their channeler, even though they don't quite remember the reason why.
- Trauma-Induced Amnesia: Sage and Serafina clashed, and Sage lost their memories when Serafina reflected an incredibly powerful attack back at them.
- Unreliable Narrator: For... pretty much anything about their past. Sage has no memory of what happened, and their perspective of events are a bit skewed.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Their hair is dyed blue.
Peony "Puddin" Miller
A chubby Southern belle that loves to cook.
- Affectionate Nickname: Tends to add a diminutive suffix, typically a '-y', to the names of people she likes.Puddin: "Finchy!!!"
- Friend to All Living Things: She went as far as to befriend an animate pastry creature and name it Doughy.
- Hand-Hiding Sleeves: Wears a large, oversized sweater.
- Her Boyfriend's Jacket: Puddin loves to raid Finch's closet to the point that Finch actually buys her clothes in a size that Puddin fits too.
- The Idealist: Puddin believes in the best in people and always looks for it.
- Mixed Ancestry: She's a half-elf.
- Shock and Awe: She's a sparkwielder.
- Southern Belle: And loves to use pet names like sugar, hun, and sweetie pie.
- Youthful Freckles: They make her eyes appear even more doe-like.