Characters related to the main cast of Academy of Merlin
A ghost possessing a naked mole rat doll. Cries a lot.
Irene and Madeline's mother. A tough human woman that tended to rush into situations without thinking.
- Combat, Diplomacy, Stealth: The Combat of the three. Aubrey is the most likely to leap into a situation without thinking.
- Hot-Blooded: Insisted on doing her job, even when pregnant with Madeline.
- Killed Offscreen: Murdered by Jack the Ripper, along with her husbands.
- Mama Bear: Extremely protective of her daughter and demidaughter.
- Prim and Proper Bun: Wore her hair up in a neat bun.
- Private Detective: The head of B&B Private Detective Agency.
Irene's father. A polite elf that is much better at holding back his wife than Fell is.
- Combat, Diplomacy, Stealth: The Stealth of the three. Basil preferred to leave Aubrey and Fell to their own devices while he went and did what needed to be done in the background.
- Cool Hat: He wore a dapper-looking trilby. Irene takes it after his death and wears it in remembrance.
- Killed Offscreen: Murdered by Jack the Ripper, along with his wife and Fell.
- Private Detective: Technically worked under his wife, and was often lumped with the paperwork.
Madeline's father. A timid dwarf that prefers to talk his way through tense situations.
- Combat, Diplomacy, Stealth: The Diplomacy of the three. Fell always tries to talk his way through any situation, though Aubrey's brash nature made it a bit tough sometimes.
- Killed Offscreen: Murdered by Jack the Ripper, along with his wife and Basil.
- Private Detective: Technically worked under his wife, and took care of the finances.
A friend of the Bemelmans-Baynes that collects information on the street.
Literally an assassin. Will literally kill you.
The son of the Spanish Ambassador to France. He sees himself as Madeline's friend, but Madeline has a very different view of him. Arrived carrying a message from Miss Clavel.
- Affectionate Nickname: Calls Madeline niñitanote . Madeline has a far less affectionate nickname for him: mauvais chapeauxnote .
- Butt-Monkey: A bit. When he's around, expect Other Kids to get nasty.
- Childhood Friends: With Madeline; he's known her since he was about ten.
- Distressed Dude: Frequently finds himself in dangerous situations. It's usually up to Madeline to get him out of whatever mess he's jumped into.
- Friendless Background: Growing up, Pepito had a difficult time making friends as the "friends" he made were only interested in him for his status. After realizing this, Pepito stopped trying to make friends and instead made enemies... at least, until Madeline came along.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He is more than a bit self-centered and often doesn't think of other people first, but at his heart Pepito is a kind boy that wants to do right by Madeline (even if she doesn't realize it).
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: His pet cat, Aslan, is the same kitten that he nearly threw into a pack of hungry dogs. After Madeline was rescued from the Seine, Pepito ended up keeping him.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Very much so. His father's ambassador status isolated him from many of his peers, to the point that Pepito felt it was impossible for him to make any friends.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: With Madeline. Though she is visually feminine and he is visually masculine, Madeline is far more rough-and-tumble and Pepito is much more sensitive.
- Nice Hat: Inverted; while Pepito likes it, Madeline hates it, and it's the reason she calls him mauvais chapeaux, or "bad hat".
Madeline's teacher and mother figure.
- Mama Bear: Do not threaten any of her adopted children, or she'll rain hell down on you.
- The Medic: A healer, chosen especially to heal any children that come her way.
- Playing with Fire: A flamewielder.
A classmate of Madeline's. She likes to garden.
- As the Good Book Says...: She's apt to quote Bible snippets on occasion. Mostly at Nicole, who tends to swear like a sailor.
- Mixed Ancestry: A half-elf.
- Nice Hat: Wears a pretty beret.
A classmate of Madeline's. She likes superheroes.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: She swears like a sailor as long as Miss Clavel isn't around. It's partly because she thinks it's funny how Chloe threatens to wash out her mouth with soap.
A classmate of Madeline's. She likes romance.
- Love Freak: Absolutely adores romance novels. Even the trashy ones that aren't that good.
A classmate of Madeline's. She's shy.
- Shrinking Violet: It's hard to get them to warm up to you. She tends to shy away from most people, choosing instead to cling to her sister, Nona.
A classmate of Madeline's. She likes girls.
- Muscles Are Meaningful: The most muscular and physically strongest of the twelve girls.
Lyn's older brother. Started practicing magic after her, but quickly got better and started taking her venues. Lyn has some serious beef with him.
- The Ace: A genius that masters anything he attempts, it's just that stage magic didn't interest him... until recently, that is.
- Jerkass: Takes Lyn's venues regularly and is an active obstacle in her way of achieving her dream of owning a theater for herself.
- Stage Magician: It runs in the family. Oliver's show incorporates a lot more physical illusions than Lyn, because he has a bigger budget for more expensive props and a stage assistant as well.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Looks almost exactly like an older Lyn, but with short hair and a lack of freckles.
Oliver's stage assistant and a self-proclaimed "jack of all trades". Doesn't really like her stage costume. She seems to know Alex, and she doesn't like him.
- Embarrassing but Empowering Outfit: Kayla's Card outfit. Though she hates wearing it because she thinks it doesn't suit her.
- Grand Theft Me: Oliver stole her free will through her Card and forced her to act as his bodyguard. Kayla was incredibly angry about this.
- Lovely Assistant: To Oliver, though she certainly doesn't like her job.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: Despite not having a lot of muscle on her arms, she seemed to pick up Ace and Jacques without any struggle.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Acted like she didn't recognize Alex at first, but their conversation in the back of the moving truck proved otherwise.
- Purple Eyes: Sharp purple eyes that she pretties up with mascara when it's time to go onstage.
An angry Dealer that hates Magicians—especially those that Play Cards.
- Evil Is Sexy: To quote Celyren:"I hate her. She's pretty."
Priscilla's younger sister. A wheelchair-bound girl with a bit of a wild streak.
- Hair Decorations: She has a bow in her hair along with her beanie.
- Ill Girl: Evelyn has a bit of a weak constitution that results in her being in a wheelchair at all times and rarely leaving the estate. She also usually has her attendant, Adelaide, nearby.
Priscilla's cousin and Kassidy's son. Studying to be a scholar to create more energy-efficient spells.
- Blood-Splattered Innocents: Given this treatment when the Delafontaine house was slaughtered, being found in a cupboard spattered with blood.
- Butt-Monkey: Zach and Kyle really like to bully him.
- Cry Cute: He cries a lot. He's also adorable.
- Hair Decorations: He wears a four-leaf clover in his hair, presumably to invite good luck.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: A sweet, pure kid that doesn't deserve the treatment he gets from Kyle and Zach.
Sovann's mother and Priscilla's aunt. The tutor at the Delafontaine estate.
- Private Tutor: To the youth on the Delafontaine estate. Kyle included, since he spends so much time there, and Zach as well - despite the fact he's technically a worker as well.
Assistant to Priscilla's father who in no way has a crush on Evelyn.
- Jerkass: He has a very crass personality, but is especially antagonistic towards Zachary.
- Nice Hat: Wears a hand-stitched hat gifted to him by Evelyn.
Evelyn's attendant, who gets her around everywhere. Extremely orange.
- Maid: Her official position on the Delafontaine estate.
- Nice Hat: Wears an orange hat, on her orange hair, with her orange sweater.
- Taking the Bullet: Adelaide shoved Sovann into a cupboard and protected him from the man that invaded the Delafontaine house. She was sadly killed for her efforts.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Made one appearance before she was killed.
Zachary's girlfriend. A gentle, kind elf that's a little older than Zachary himself and attending college in Cardiff. Curiously enough, only Priscilla and Zachary seem to recognize her.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a moon hairclip in her hair.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Long blonde hair and a warm heart to match.
- Mysterious Stranger: Despite Priscilla and Zachary knowing who she was immediately. Adelaide, Sovann, Evelyn, and Kyle didn't recognize her at all.
- Nice Hat: Wears a cute beanie.
The other personality that dwells in Zachary's body. A ruthless guy that's loyal to Priscilla and Priscilla only, but he doesn't exactly know how everything in the world works as he's only conscious when Priscilla needs him. Suspicious of Celine.
- And I Must Scream: Upon entering the mindscape, it was found that the hex prevented him from moving, speaking, hearing, or seeing, completely chained up and senses bound.
- Big Damn Heroes: Pulled this when the mysterious man in black was about to attack Priscilla. Zalmon cast an Improbability to protect her and then got busy with two Blades of his own.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: His weapons of choice are two Blades formed of acid over the top of his bracers.
- Blood Knight: Unlike Zachary's sunny, pacifist disposition, Zalmon will fight for the sake of it so long as it's in Priscilla's best interests. The only reason he doesn't kill these days is because Priscilla ordered him not to.
- The Cassandra: Is this mostly to Priscilla. His suspicions of Celine continuously fall on deaf ears.
- The Comically Serious: Zalmon, despite being incredibly capable in a fight, is a bit of an idiot in other respects. To date, he has been known to try to eat a dishwasher tab, squirt no-tears shampoo in his eyes, put his hands in lava, put a fork in an electrical socket, and read Fifty Shades Of Grey.
- Determinator: When Zalmon wants to do something, he won't let anything stop him.
- Devoted to You: Completely and entirely to Priscilla.
- Dual Wielding: His preferred weapon are two Blades attached to the bracers on his arms, which double as his channelers.
- Grand Theft Me: Originally, he would pull this on Zachary when he felt Priscilla was in danger. However, the hex Celine placed on him restricts him heavily, such that he can't swap with Zachary unless someone pulls his ponytail.
- Knife Nut: Fights with two Blades that are akin to sharp knives.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Gave up pretending to be Zachary after a while. Nobody believed him anyway.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Zalmon's eyes are a brighter red than Zachary's, and he is more akin to scowling than to smiling.
- Sealed Badass in a Can: Usually doesn't come out unless there's serious danger. In that case, it's possible to summon him by pulling on Zach's ponytail.
- Tailor-Made Prison: The hex originally bound him completely, so that he could not speak, see, move, or hear. Additionally, if he tried to free himself, there was a high chance of him simply collapsing his own psyche in on himself and rendering himself catatonic.
- Up to Eleven: Everything he does. Just. Zalmon takes everything he does and makes it larger than it has to be. Every time.
A man that slaughtered the entire Delafontaine household. His employer and motivations are unknown.
- Badass Longcoat: Wears a long, black, tattered coat.
- Cool Sword: He uses a long sword as his preferred weapon. Judging by the efficiency at which he killed the servants with, he's very good at using it.
- Master Swordsman: Expert enough at the blade to give Zalmon of all people a wound.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: His eyes are vivid red, so it looks like he, like Zachary, was hexed by someone.
- Peek-a-Bangs: His bangs cover one of his eyes.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: She raped Viola when he was younger.
A quiet individual that seems to possess the ability to drop the temperature of a room. Usually seen only with Jacques. They know Kayla.
- The Ace: Excels in just about everything they do.
- Broken Ace: Something is eating them up from the inside; as soon as they got away from the students, Ace began to break down.
- Broken Bird: Corazon's death really got to them. They're much more cynical than they were in the past.
- No Social Skills: They were raised in an extremely sheltered environment and still have trouble interacting with other people. The fact that their Card is Death probably doesn't help much.
- Perpetual Frowner: Throughout their appearance, they didn't smile once.
- The Quiet One: They don't say much. Just kind of glare menacingly.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Wears high-waisted shorts that show off their long legs.
A calm, kind, and adventurous part-dryad.
- Mistaken for Romance: Ain assured Viola that, though he's Missy's blood donor, they aren't in any sort of relationship.
- Our Banshees Are Louder: Cori possesses a loud, high-pitched wail that, though not powerful enough to kill, caused Quentin to faint, Alcina's manor to tremble, and Idalia's ears to bleed at full strength.
- Staying with Friends: Though currently unexplained, Cori is a 13 year old staying with 17 year old Ain and 19 year old Missy.
- Compelling Voice: Not entirely different from a siren's song. She can use her voice's aspect of magical persuasion at will, which is a lot stronger when someone is attracted to her.
- Adorkable: Geeks out whenever the kids ask for sea tails relating to her research in Tranquility Ridge.
- After-Action Patch-Up: Gave this to the Other Kids when she picked them up from the Church.
- Herr Doktor: Or Frau Doktor, rather. She speaks with a Swiss accent.
- Hospital Hottie: While very few Merlin characters are ugly, Iosefka certainly isn't bad-looking.
- Not That Kind of Doctor: Subverted. She studies the quantum physics and magic surrounding the rips and tears in Tranquility Ridge, but also has enough knowledge of Medicine to patch up the Other Kids.
- Shout-Out: Named after the doctor from Bloodborne.
The Goat / Beelzebub
- Affably Evil: Isn't openly hostile to the Other Kids, and (sort of) explains the situation to them rather calmly. Even still, it's an otherworldly entity with largely unknown powers, some of which were used to kidnap Jenny.
- Ambiguously Evil: Claims to want to help Quentin, but does so by kidnapping his sister and holding her hostage in a pocket dimension.
- Devil in Disguise: Calls itself Beezlebub, the name of a high-ranking demon. Time will tell if this turns out to be true.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: Inverted. It's implied that it chose the form of a goat due to its satanic association, in order to scare Quentin.
- Religious Horror: Deliberately invokes this to prey on Quentin's fear of death and his Crisis of Faith.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Possibly. It claims that it helps people confront their darkest fears and overcome them, but its methods are... less than pure.