Graduates from the Lucian House of the Academy of Merlin.
A foul-mouthed Lithuanian elf boy who attended Merlin from 2014-2018 and made house representative twice. He's very blunt about pretty much everything but his own feelings. Originally came to Merlin to find his brother, who, at the time, was made victim to End's mask curse.
- Asexuality: And aromantic. Severely repulsed by anything romantic.
- Blue Blood: His family was the ruling family in a very important Lithuanian elf colony.
- Cannot Keep a Secret: Don't tell Gil anything, because he's bound to spill the beans to someone he isn't supposed to.
- Daytime Drama Queen: A huge fan of soap operas, specifically Number of Days.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: More like Did You Just Beat Satan With a Broomstick? Because that's exactly what Gil did. No fucks given.
- Good Is Not Nice: Rude, rash, and doesn't take anyone's shit.
- Green Thumb: A plantwielder.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold:
- Despite being quite a big asshole, Gil has his softer side and cares about the well-being of his house and friends.
- Was the only one that managed to convince Shanta to sleep, simply because he agreed to "guard" her for the night.
- Kids Are Cruel: Was quite a Jerkass as a kid.
- Loose Lips: Tends to blurt things out without considering if it should be a secret or not.
- Important Haircut: Mari cut off most of his hair while he was transitioning.
- Mouthy Kid: Tends to shoot off insults in situations where shooting off insults is a bad idea.
- The Nicknamer: Nicknames most of his friends and housemates.
- Non-Action Guy: Not really big on fighting.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Big-time. Gil's got an ego the size of the moon.
- Technician vs. Performer: The Performer to Scarlett's Technician. Gil will jump right on in with his own ideas and plans, while Scarlett will pause and deliberate on what's best to do for the long-term.
An Italian ex-mafia princess who attended Merlin from 2010-2014. Currently a school teacher in Australia. She dropped a cheery, frightening persona after encountering Iapyx while on a mission to kill Daedalus, Icarus's father and a major kingpin in the underworld responsible for her mother's death.
- Blow You Away: A windwielder.
- Break the Haughty: Her demeanor and the way she carried herself changed very dramatically after subjected to Iapyx's torture.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: Ari takes no shit and can hit hard. She also has a soft spot that she won't admit to existing for younger kids that look up to her.
- Cruel to Be Kind: Broke up with Naomi believing she wouldn't be coming back from a mission to take out Daedalus.
- Combat Pragmatist: Ari will do pretty much anything to win a fight. Playing dirty isn't anything special.
- Covered in Scars: Her legs are scarred beyond belief, and after going through a period of time where she didn't wear skirts she took to tights.
- Eyepatch After Timeskip: Returned to Merlin after two weeks sporting a new haircut and an eyepatch over one eye.
- Fearless Fool: She thinks of herself as indestructible and others as not. It's too bad she's just as squishy as any of them.
- Friend to All Children: Loves children and will beat the tar out of anyone who dares try to hurt those she's fond of.
- The Gunslinger: Her preferred spell of choice is Flintlock.
- Important Haircut: Sliced off the rest of her ringlets after Iapyx burned her hair off.
- Little Miss Badass: Very small, but can kick some major ass.
- Mafia Princess: Used to be the heiress to the Gambino family, but gave up her chair and handed it off to her brother Dante.
- Meaningful Name: In Greek mythology, Ariadne helped Theseus defeat the Minotaur with an artifact known as Ariadne's String.
- Perpetual Frowner: It's rare that she cracks a smile these days.
- Scars Are Forever: After her torture, Ari's legs are marred with scars.
- Secret Relationship: Had one with Naomi, or at the very least the relationship wasn't made exceedingly public due to Ari's own status and Naomi's father's rather fragile relationship with the Gambinos.
- Ship Sinking: Broke up with Naomi before leaving for Italy. She survived, but they never did end up getting back together.
- Technician vs. Performer: The performer to Naomi's technician. Ari doesn't like to spend too much planning and instead just goes for it... which can also be considered a Lucian trait, considering how often her housemates do the same thing.
- Took a Level in Kindness: She's mellowed out considerably since her school days.
A quiet girl that attended Merlin 2014-2016. The circumstances surrounding her disappearance are largely unknown to all but a select few. Attended Merlin to escape from her abusive stepfather and find a way to bring her biological father back to life, but was ultimately offed by her own hubris.
- A God Am I: Scarlett collected all nine deeds to the Circles of Hell, and the resulting power high drove her ego through the roof. However, the Circle Deeds were actually part of Lucifer's trap.
- Abusive Parents: Her stepfather was the primary antagonist of Scarlett's arc, overshadowed only by (quite literally) the Devil himself. Scarlett's stepfather was emotionally and physically abusive, having been known to throw Scarlett down a set of stairs at least once.
- Art Attacker: Scarlett's weapon of choice was a black leather notebook with paintings of various objects and animals inside. She used magic to animate them and defend herself, but in the end they were still only paint and exploded into the stuff on contact.
- Asexuality: Scarlett was both aro and ace, a combination that helped her bond with Gil.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Scarlett was not to be underestimated despite her humble air and quiet nature. The girl had demons at her fingertips and did not bat an eyelash at Lucifer once.
- Bittersweet Ending: At the end of her arc, Scarlett got what she had wanted: she secured the safety of her mother by ensuring her stepfather could never bother her again. Unfortunately, in the process she lost her existence and her body was turned into the plaything of the Devil.
- Blow You Away: A windwielder.
- Cessation of Existence: Lucifer, fed up with Scarlett's stubbornness and A Team's belief that there was always a way out, simply tore her soul to pieces and turned her body into a puppet. A Fate Worse than Death for sure.
- Chess with Death: Played games with Lucifer to win all nine Circles of Hell, including such terrors as Pictionary, Scrabble, and Connect Four.
- Circles of Hell: Scarlett believed she won all nine Circles through fair play with Lucifer, when in reality he had been toying with her all along and tore her soul to shreds for her hubris.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: She tripped a lot on purpose to hold up the illusion she was clumsy; a tactic developed to help protect herself from her stepfather and maintain the "poor little rich girl" image he expected her to have.
- Death by Falling Over: Dragged her stepfather over a very tall staircase railing and broke her neck on impact with the ground below.
- Death Is the Only Option: Her ultimate plan consisted of killing herself along with her stepfather, expecting to be revived due to her Queen of Hell status. It didn't quite work out that way.
- Did We Just Have Tea with Cthulhu?: A Team once walked in on her playing Pictionary with the Devil.
- Elective Mute: Scarlett had bronchiecstasis, a condition that made it difficult for her to speak regularly, so more often than not she elected to speak with pictures and the written word rather than vocally. Her preferred method of communication was art anyway.
- Emotionless Girl:
- Inverted. It's not that Scarlett didn't have emotions, it's that she was physically unable to show them. She got around this using a sketchbook with various expressions penciled inside.
- Horrifically subverted when Lucifer ripped her soul out of her body and later to shreds. Free of physical confines, Scarlett could emote just fine, and she looked terrified up until the very last minute.
- Iconic Item: Her paintbrush, which doubles as her channeler.
- Lethal Chef: Do not eat Scarlett's cooking if you value your life or tastebuds.
- Get A Hold Of Yourself Man: Slapped Ian across the face at one point to calm him down.
- Incurable Cough of Death: Was slowly dying from bronchiecstasis, and then she got better, and then she died anyway.
- Murder-Suicide: Dragged her father over the staircase railing to free herself and her mother from him once and for all.
- Neck Snap: She dragged her father over a staircase railing, fell dozens of stories, and snapped her neck on impact.
- Physical God: Scarlett believed she won all nine Circle Deeds and therefore possessed the privileges that went with ruling Hell - such as being unable to die. Unfortunately for her, the Deeds were a cruel trick crafted by Lucifer and didn't give her any special powers beyond being able to summon the occasional demon.
- The Quiet One: Scarlett didn't speak much, and when she did her voice was soft due to her bronchiecstasis. She raised her voice only a handful of times when she was exceptionally upset.
- Staircase Tumble: She "fell" down the stairs once via her stepfather, and later used the exact same stairs to kill him.
- Shrinking Violet: Scarlett was easily startled by loud noises and shrank away from people, though she gradually opened up to them with time.
- Smoking Is Cool: Smoked peppermint cigarettes to help with her throat.
- Super Window Jump: Leapt out of the penthouse window of the hotel to escape her father. Good thing Yvonne was around to catch her in a Levitate.
- Taking You with Me: She threw herself over the railing along with her stepfather, knowing very well that she'd die in the process but expecting she'd come back.
- Technician vs. Performer: The Technician to Gil's Performer. Scarlett would stop to think about what's best in the long term while Gil ran to solve the short term problems.
- Thanatos Gambit: Killed herself along with her father via a calculated staircase tumble in order to free both herself and her mother from him. Though she died in the process, she expected to be revived via immortality due to her supposed Queen of Hell status. This didn't work out the way she planned.
- Utility Belt: Kept a belt on her person with painting supplies and her paintbrush.
A money-hungry dwelf that attended Merlin 2016-2020. Loyal to his friends and his eBay account. Actually a homunculus, Magnus escaped from the Maker's lab with the assistance of Mother.
- Ambiguously Evil: He has no qualms about ripping people off to get a little extra cash. He would probably like it more if he wasn't being ripped off in the process.
- Anime Hair: Nobody wears their hair like that. Not only that, but the hairstyle itself is a Shout-Out to the anime-esque Fire Emblem.
- Artificial Human: Magnus is a homunculus created by a man known as the Maker.
- Gem Heart: Has one, considering he's a homunculi. It's located on his chest.
- Greed: Magnus will do literally anything for money.
- Meaningful Name: Magnus is a Portmanteau of "Magnum Opus".
- Only in It for the Money: Magnus only has one thing on his mind, and it's legal tender.
- Only Mostly Dead: The Maker made off with his soul gem, while the rescue party got their hands on his body. So they have the body, it's just completely useless and basically dead without the soul gem to power it.
- Teens Are Short: He's 4'8.
A sleepy half-dwarf that attended Merlin 2015-2019. A very grounded person that's not easy to rile up. Originally from a prominent dwarf colony in Sweden, they left after threatening the chief with a knife, believing he had caused her father's death.
- Armor-Piercing Question: Asked Rowan a heavy one, but Rowan was ready with an Armor-Piercing Response in return.Potato: D'y'think w'd gettalong better, 'f I w's human?
Rowan: You're not human, so what's that matter? We get along fine already, don't we?
- Big Eater: If she isn't eating, something is wrong.
- Broken Tears: Potato is a tough kid, but they shed these when Plate broke.
- Deep-Fried Whatever: If you deep-fry it, Potato will probably eat it. With gusto.
- Funetik Aksent: The way their dialogue is typed is the exact way she speaks.
- Gemstone Assault: They're a gemwielder.
- Iconic Item: Her hoodie. Used to be Plate.
- Mixed Ancestry: A half-dwarf.
- Not a Morning Person: Waking up isn't exactly their favorite thing to do.
- Obsessed with Food: They're always either eating or sleeping.
- Signature Scent: Their hoodie smells like their favorite food.
- Sleepyhead: Nothing happening? Potato goes to sleep. Justified in that she has narcolepsy.
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside: Underneath that gruff, surly mask is a very, very fragile half-dwarf.
- Trademark Clothing: Her hoodie.
- Trauma Conga Line: Let's see: First Luce got her head beat in, then Affe burned to a crisp, and then Plate shattered. And on top of all that? She almost got caved in on again. Someone get Potato warm milk and a blanket.
- Tsundere: It's not like she cares about Rowan! By the way, what were the names of those assholes that pulled a knife on him?
A quiet dwelf with an affinity for the deceased that attended Merlin 2016-2020. Has a habit of saying incredibly unsettling things in monotone. Her mother's spirit, Renee, follows her in spirit.
- Blinding Bangs: Chione's eyes are virtually invisible.
- Iconic Item: Her planchette.
- I See Dead People: Has the ability to communicate with the spirits of the dead.
- Leitmotif: An eerie, music box-like tune composed by Reilas here.
- Mixed Ancestry: A dwelf.
Rowan Cecil Lockwood
A rich councilman's son who attended the Academy from 2016-2020. A headstrong kid with a strained familial relationship. Originally attended Merlin as a deal with his father, but soon grew to love the school and the people in it. His half-elf servant, Whit, was on the trail of the Witch's Treasure.
- Affectionate Nickname: Petal, given to him by Cabbage, and Ro, by Potato.
- Armor-Piercing Response: Delivered a beautiful one to Potato's Armor-Piercing Question.Potato: D'y'think w'd gettalong better, 'f I w's human?
Rowan: You're not human, so what's that matter? We get along fine already, don't we?
- The Baby of the Bunch: At least, physically. Rowan is the shortest of the food group.
- Blind Without 'Em: Rowan needs those glasses for a reason, after all.
- British Stuffiness: Let's see, asshole? Check. British? Check.
- Character Development: Started with a serious case of Fantastic Racism and was a general Jerkass. Fast-forward a few months, and he's softened up enough to consider an elf and a half-dwarf (and another half-elf, though he doesn't know it) his friends, though he does still have some Fantastic Racism tendencies.
- Conditioned to Accept Horror: Rowan's been kidnapped and injured so many times that it doesn't even faze him anymore. He simply waits for Whit to come rescue him.
- Doom Magnet: Prior to Merlin, he was kidnapped on an almost daily basis.
- Fairy Tale Motifs: His plot has motifs of three of them.
- Fantastic Racism: Incredibly racist towards elves and dwarves. It only gets worse with half-breeds. Potato may be the lone exception.
- Fiery Redhead: Bright red hair with a temper to match.
- Freakiness Shame: Sensitive about the fact that he can't See.
- He's Got Legs: Despite being 4'4, Rowan has some pretty nice legs.
- Height Angst: Constantly mistaken for being eight, and is really getting sick of it.
- Hopeless with Tech: He can't change his own screen name on his phone, so instead Potato does it for him. Regularly.
- Hostage Situation: Gets into these frequently on his own. Gets out of them frequently thanks to Whit.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: Despite how much shit he talks, Rowan doesn't feel that he measures up to those around him simply because he can't See. It doesn't help that his parents think less of him because of it.
- Insecure Love Interest: Despite his affections for Cabbage, Rowan isn't sure he wants to pursue a relationship because he may hurt Cabbage in the process.
- Jerkass: Really shows in this line.Rowan: (to Adriene) No wonder someone's murdering the lot of you. I hope you're next.
- Master Actor: When he wants to, he's very good at playing up the part of the charming rich son.
- The Napoleon: 4'4 and a short temper. Perfect.
- Older Than They Look: Rowan is short enough to be an elementary schooler but he's fifteen.
- Pretty Boy: Has a doll-like face that makes him rather pretty.
- Protectorate: To Whit. Unfortunately, Whit tends to be overprotective and Rowan is growing tired of being in this role.
- The Resenter: Really hates the Merchant since Rowan is a magick that can't See, and Merchant is a mundane that can.
- Seen It All: It's hard to find something to faze Rowan anymore, because he's been kidnapped and injured so many times he knows what to expect in a lot of situations.
- See-Thru Specs: Rowan's glasses enable him to See, an ability he was born without. They run on moonlight.
- Sheltered Aristocrat: Stayed at home, mostly, and had tutors come to him for education. No wonder he has No Social Skills.
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside: Behind that superiority complex is a sad, lonely little kid.
- Stop Having Fun Guy: Usually tries, in vain, to stop those around him from breaking the rules.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Rowan has his father's hair and his mother's eyes.
- Teens Are Short: At 4'4, he's the second shortest kid in the school.
- They're Called "Personal Issues" for a Reason: Refuses to talk about any of his personal issues. Food group plus Adriene actually cornered him in the bathroom about this until Muna told them to cut it out.
- Took a Level in Cheerfulness: He's much happier and more open with himself than he was at the start of the year.
- Took a Level in Kindness: His racist mindset is slowly but surely getting ground into dust.
- Trademark Clothing: His blue jacket, and of course his glasses.
- Verbal Tic: He doesn't have a verbal tic, stupid!
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Above all else, Rowan just wants his parents' approval. It's too bad they don't pay enough attention to him for him to ever get it.
A reclusive first year with a mean streak a mile wide that attended Merlin 2016-2020. Possessed by the ba of Apophis for so long that his own soul became nearly nonexistent.
- And I Must Scream: Possessed, and completely aware of everything that his possessor has done. This includes injuring his sister multiple times, throwing a child out the window, and worse.
- Always Second Best: To his older siblings, who outclass him.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Is this to Ziza and Asa. However, he's a lot more annoying than most examples - considering his antagonistic personality.
- Blood Knight: Absolutely revels in fighting and causing trouble.
- Chaos Is Evil: The straightest example. Seth simply wants to cause chaos, and lots of it.
- Combat Pragmatist: Will usually do whatever is most efficient in taking down whoever he's up against - usually, Ziza.
- Demonic Possession: Possessed by an incredibly antagonistic ba known as Apophis.
- The Gadfly: Regularly says things to get a rise out of other people.
- Guyliner: Wears eyeliner in an Egyptian style, like his sister.
- Iconic Item: His Was pendant, which is also his channeler.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: Wants to match up to his brother and sister, and will go to any length to achieve it. Releasing a millennia-old spirit that was sort of Barred from the Afterlife probably wasn't the best way to go about this.
- In-Universe Nickname: Set.
- It Is Beyond Saving: Pretty much everyone except for Ziza agrees that there's no way to actually save Seth at this point. Even Seth agrees that he's beyond saving.
- Omnicidal Maniac: He just wants to destroy everything and cause as much chaos as possible.
- Possession Burnout: While Apophis is strong enough to use exceptionally powerful Egyptian spells, the body he's using is not. Seth's body is constantly being worked to the breaking point, and it's a wonder the kid hasn't collapsed yet.
- Red Is Heroic: Inverted. Seth has a red streak in his hair and wears a red shirt, but he is undeniably one of the most antagonistic students.
- Skunk Stripe: Has a streak of red in his hair.
- Super Toughness: With all the damage Apophis has put his body through, Seth should probably be dead by now.
- Taking You with Me: Crescend pissed him off to the point that he pulled out his most powerful spell, which would have destroyed his body in the process. Fortunately, Ziza was nearby and put a stop to it.
- Talking to Themself: Argued with himself for a good few weeks. Turns out nearly stabbing his sister shook Seth so bad that he tried to retake control of his body. And then Ziza startled him and sort of ruined that.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: Tortured his sister, threw Cabbage out a window, and just causes a lot of trouble in general.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: According to Ziza, anyway. He actually is a sweet kid, but getting possessed kind of makes that hard to see.
- Would Hit a Girl: Has no qualms about beating the shit out of his own sister.
A white-haired, mute Persian elf who communicates with sign language and attended Merlin 2014-2018. Originally had a fairy companion named Bijan with whom he shared a deep bond, but Bijan died. Close friends with Vivian Summers before she died. He now runs a tea shop in New York City with his fiance End.
- Action Fashionista: Frequently kicks ass and looks cute doing it.
- Ambiguous Gender: Knows he appears like this and is proud of it. In fact, he finds it funny when people are confused.
- Becoming the Mask: Muna went out to try to trick some thieves into getting caught so his tribe would have some money. The more time he spent with them, however, the less he wanted to capture them.
- Blue Blood: Descended from Persian elven royalty.
- Bold Explorer: So very much, to the point that Shanta and End and anyone else around usually accompany him simply to keep an eye on him.
- Combat Pragmatist: Muna tends to do whatever is most efficient in a combat situation - when dealing with creeps in Justus, he rarely relies on magic at all. Instead, he uses a taser for anyone that irritates him too much.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Very aware of the fact that End is attractive and very aware of anyone who might be competition. Ian gets special mention from his journal.I talked to Ian about lots of things. He's a pleasant guy to be around when you forget your delusions about him being out to steal your man.
- Curse: Muna is unable to speak due to the curse his grandfather placed on him. In order to break it, certain 'locks' must be undone. Upside to this: the curse is broken. Downside: when the locks are broken, Muna dies. Well, not exactly. He didn't die, Bijan Broke.
- Cute Mute: Just take a look at his journal, which stays updated with his outfits as well.
- Debt Detester: Completely inverted. Muna loves being in the Merchant's debt. The Merchant cleared his debt and has officially hired Muna as a dealer. Despite leaving, he hasn't fired him yet either.
- Diary: Here.
- Elective Mute: Eight years of disuse left his vocal chords weak, so Muna doesn't speak unless he absolutely has to.
- The Fashionista: People are constantly gifting him clothes and in turn, he wears them and looks fab.
- Headphones = Isolation: At the beginning of the year, Muna tried to stay away from people and frequently had headphones around his neck. After his Character Development, though, he's abandoned the headphones entirely.
- Hollywood Acid: An acidwielder.
- Iconic Item: His necklace, which is made of a marble and Bijan's wings.
- Master of Illusion: Uses illusion magic frequently, and to great effect.
- MayDecember Romance: End may be mentally and physically a teenager, but Muna is still dating a guy that's nearly a century and a half old.
- Meaningful Name: Muna, in Persian, is an adjective derived from God meaning "to last forever".
- No More Lies: After unintentionally opening one of the locks on his curse, Muna is suddenly much less inclined to lie about everything. It's this that makes him panic and distance himself from End and Shanta in the first place.
- Power Tattoo: He has a tattoo, courtesy of Xander, that he usually channels from.
- Power-Strain Blackout: Passed out after Shrinking things for Merchant.
- Pretty Boy: So very pretty that people are actually confused when they first meet him. Muna enjoys this.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Does his best to hide it, but Vivian's death really fucked Muna up. Among other things.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Has so far shown interest in End and only End. He's even lampshaded this.
- The Slacker: Doesn't put a lot of effort into his classes.
- Taking the Bullet: Muna took a literal bullet for Shanta when he and End rescued her from the trader's camp. It was this act that broke the emotional lock.
- Technician vs. Performer: The Technician to Shanta's performer. Muna prefers to win in as few moves possible and with more trickery than anything else, rater than brute force. Shanta, on the other hand, will go into any fight guns blazing.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Really doesn't want to take anyone's life, not even when they beg him for it.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Dresses as a girl when he hits up Justus, to disguise himself and because he looks great.
A deadpan second year human girl that attended Merlin 2016-2019. Secretly an elf, Gwen has a magical girl-esque heritage that she gives no shits about and simply wants her family back together.
- Blue Blood: Gwen is apparently the last surviving member of the direct line of the ruling family of the supercolony Camelot.
- Deadpan Snarker: See the example below.Elvira: Did anyone bring a flashlight?
Asha: Do not worry. My overflowing brilliance. Will light the path.
Gwen: Dim path.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Slowly starting to open up to others and be a little more expressive.
- Doomed Hometown: Camelot was doomed from the very beginning, and Gwen wasn't able to do anything to stop it.
- Emotion Suppression: Does this almost automatically now - it happens when you're The Empath that feels everything else around you.
- The Empath: Her empathy levels are incredibly high, to the point that she can't go into the forest for fear of overloading.
- Heavy Sleeper: Slept for four days straight and her birth family's murder. That probably saved her life, actually.
- Hide Your Otherness: Hides her exceptionally long ears (and also represses her ridiculously high empathy) with special binder earrings.
- Ice Queen: Doesn't display emotion very often, and doesn't seem to feel much either.
- Iconic Item: Her ocarina.
- Living Lie Detector: Of a sort. She knows when someone is lying about how they're feeling.
- Really Royalty Reveal: Arthur revealed that Gwen is the last in the direct line for the throne, which... technically makes her a princes.
- Shock and Awe: A sparkwielder, but she'll never tell anyone or use it in front of people.
- The Stoic: The only real emotion she's displayed thus far is irritation.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: She seems to only have two switches: Either a bright, bubbly cheerleader or a cold, uninterested bitch. Naturally, the cheerleader face is fake.
- Unusual Ears: Her ears are shaped a little differently, massively increasing her hearing range. Much to her chagrin. The noise is usually far more than she can bear, so Gwen wears earrings to suppress her ears into human shape.
An Australian that never wanted to be a magick in the first place. At all. Ever. Attended 2010-2014. Only attended the Academy because she had to, and now lives in Australia with her girlfriend Ariadne.
- Affectionate Nickname: Ari calls her Lottie.
- Cursed With Awesome: Really doesn't want to be a magick, but fate played a cruel trick and made her one anyway.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Discovering she was a magick was the worst thing Charlotte did - it took her away from her family and her friends, and she couldn't get out of the school soon enough.
- The Medic: Became a healer because that seemed to be the only thing that would be applicable outside the magick world.
- Refusal of the Call: Didn't want to attend Merlin, and graduated as early as she possibly could.