The characters of A World of Illusions include:
- Living Lie Detector: A limited version of this ability — she can see what others are embarrassed about. Sadly for her, the Dazzlings are not in the slightest bit embarrassed at being evil predators.
- The Snark Knight: Sarcastic and skeptical of others, most epecially including Trixie. Her exception to this rule is Lavender, whom she knows (thanks to her Talent) to really be as nice as she seems.
"The Great and Powerful" Trixie Lulamoon
- Cloudcuckoolander: Trixie thinks that magic is real and that she is a powerful reality-warping mage.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: Magic is real and Trixie really is an aspect of a powerful reality-warping being — the Angel of Illusion.
- Hot for Teacher: Specifically, for her mentor Piercing Gaze.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Trixie's main motivation. The events of the Fall Formal have confirmed her belief in the reality of magic, and she very much wants to encounter something magical which will activate the powers she's sure she possesses.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Trixie doesn't admit to it, but it's obvious that the friendship of Lavender and Fuschia makes her happy.
- Large Ham: Even when talking to her two best (and only) school friends, Trixie does not so much converse as orate.