Hong Siu Long
Hong Siu Long portrayed by Louis KooText to hide.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Towards Ting-fong, after she takes a poisoned sword stab for him and is on the verge of dying.
- Been There, Shaped History: Yep. Several of his shenanigans are the responsible for historic events.Source of his grief, after Chiu Poon becomes Ying Ching.
- Chick Magnet
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Which partly is his charm.
- I Choose to Stay
- Marry Themall: yes, Ting-fong and Kam Ching. He also joke-proposes to Sin-yau
- My God,What Have I Done?: After it dawns to him that he is directly responsible for the cruelties of China's first emperor, because he pushed Chiu Poon in this position.
Chiu Poon /Ying Chingportrayed by Raymond LamText to hide.
- Being Tortured Makes You Evil
Lin Chun/Lo Oiportrayed by Kwong WaText to hide.
- Always Someone Better: Feels Siu Long is this to him, although he never admitts it.
- Badass: The best Swordsman in whole Zhao. Before Siu Long cuts his sword hand tendon, that is. Then he learns swordsplay with his left-hand.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Willing to exchange his life for his baby's.
- Master Swordsman
Wu-Ting-fong by Jessica HsuanText to hide.
- Action Girl: Can hold her own in a world where almost everyone carries a sword.
- Defiled Forever: Justified, because of the Time Period. Siu Long, partly because of being from the future and partly because of his character of course doesn't care.
- Despair Event Horizon: Being raped and used as a human guinea pig, as well as cut of from the people she loves? No wonder.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Soups are her self-proclaimed speciality. Siu Long himselfs notes that her food is not bad.
- Interrupted Suicide: By Sin-yau, fortunately.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy
- The Ojou
- Rape as Drama
- Tomboyand Girly Girl: Tomboy to Chiu Sin's Girly Girl. In contrast, she herself is the Girly Girl to Sin-yau's Tomboy.
- Trauma Conga Line
Chun Ching / Kam Ching
Chun Ching / Kam Ching portrayed by Sonija KwokText to hide.
- Reincarnation Romance: Or rather Incarnation Romance, although it is never discussed.
Sin-yau portrayed by Joyce TangText to hide.
Chiu Nga portrayed by Sicney YimText to hide.
- Driven to Suicide: After a gang rape ordered by Chiu Muk through his soldiers.
- Go Seduce My Archnemesis: Chiu Muk tries to do this to Siu Long with her. It doesn't work. Sadly, it isn't the first time he's subjugates her to this.
- Heroic Sacrifice: She's the reason her son and Siu Long lived to see another day. Sadly this leads to her being captured and receiving Chiu Muk's whole wrath.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Siu Long. Although their age differences aren't that big. Because of Chiu Nga's reputation this fuels rumors.
Princess Chiu Sin
Princess Chiu Sin portrayed by Michelle SaramText to hide.
Lui But-wai portrayed by Kwok FungText to hide.
Lui Leung-yung portrayed by Sherming YiuText to hide.
Lady Chu portrayed by Eileen YeowText to hide.
Text to hide.
Text to hide.