The characters appearing in A Passion for Revenge.
open/close all folders
- Adaptational Name Change: In the original Pasión de gavilanes, the brothers are the Reyes and the sisters are the Elizondo. Here the brothers are the Gallardo and the sisters the Del Junco. Their first names changed too. Interestingly, though, all the brothers have "Rey" as their middle name, seemingly as a Mythology Gag.
- All Work vs. All Play: Arturo and Andrea(hard-working type) are All work vs Flavio and Irina (playful type) are All play.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: The Del Junco sisters with Fashionista Irina (Beauty). Brainy Brunette Sofia (Brains) and Action Girl Andrea (Brawn).
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Well because the brothers fall in love of the Del Junco sisters despite their hate, we can say that. So all of the couples have this more or least this at the beginning. The sisters shown dislike at first but fall in love too. The biggest example is Samuel and Andrea because they were the most belligerent pairing with each other.
- Dating What Daddy Hates: All the Del Junco sister butt heads with their mother over dating the Gallardo brothers, whom she hates.
- Ensemble Cast: They're the six main characters of the telenovela despite the fact the story is more focus on the Arturo/Sofia couple.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Flavio and Irina are sanguine, Andrea is choleric, Samuel and Sofia are melancholic and Arturo is phlegmatic.
- Four-Philosophy Ensemble: Flavio is the Cynic, Irina is the Optimist, Sofia and Arturo are the Realist, Andrea is the Apathetic and Samuel is the Conflicted.
- Freudian Trio:
- In the Gallardo Brothers: hot-headed Flavio (Id), mediator Samuel (Ego) and reflexive Arturo (Superego).
- In the Del Junco sisters: unpredictable Irina (Id), frail but rebellious Sofia (Ego) and refined Andrea (Superego).
- Good Old Fisticuffs: The Gallardo brothers all prefer to talk with their fists.
- The Hecate Sisters: Young Irina is the maiden, caring Sofia is the mother and bitter Andrea is the crone.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: The Sofia and Irina's Light to Andrea's Dark.
- Nice, Mean, and In-Between: Sofia is a Nice Girl, Andrea is an IceQueen (at first) and Irina is kind but can be aggressive due to her jealous side.
- Power Trio: The Gallardo Brothers are the three male lead characters and the Del Junco sisters are the three female lead characters of the Telenovela.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: The three couples. They are known due at romance between the Gallardo's sister and the Del Junco's father. If their romance doesn't exist, the revenge would not be allowed the Gallardo and the Del Junco to know the love of their lives.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: As the BTS trope, all of the couples fall into this (well few of them more than other).
Arturo Rey Gallardo Leon
Played By: Aaron Diaz
- The Ace: He's very talented in horse-riding and rodeo.
- Action Dad: Becomes a parent with Sofia, and is extremely protective of both her and their child.
- Arch-Enemy: With Leonardo, Sofia's abusive husband.
- Badass in Distress: He's taken as a hostage in a few occasions.
- Badass in Charge: He becomes the leader of Beatriz's Ranch and is the most badass of the Gallardo brothers.
- Berserk Button: He's very protective of his family, and the death of his sister in general is a very sore point to him.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Sofia, briefly when they first meet.
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Sofia's Archie.
- Fedora of Asskicking: He's practically always with his Nice Hat and often fight with it in his head.
- My Greatest Failure: He takes Alma's death very personally and it takes him a lot of time to properly get over it.
- Official Couple: With Sofia.
- Papa Wolf: He's very protective with his young siblings and his child. Never hesitate to use violence to defend them
- Promoted to Parent: As the elder brother, he became responsible for his siblings when his parents died.
- Rescue Reversal: Veronica comes to save Arturo during his kidnapping by Isadora but finally it's him who saved her. It represents Arturo able to save Alma.
- The Stoic: Is usually quiet and reserved, but doesn't hesitate to raise his voice if pissed off.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: With Sofia. During a long time after she knows he's Alma's brother.
Sofia Del Junco Belmonte
Played By: Ana Lorena Sanchez
- Awful Wedded Life: With her first husband Leonardo, whom she despises due to his bad character.
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty for Arturo's Archie to Isadora's Veronica.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Arturo, briefly when they first meet.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Usually the kindest of the sisters, she can very stern when pissed.
- Brainy Brunette: She's very clever and a good judge of character and is an able veterinarian.
- Cool Big Sis: The oldest of the sisters, who both look up to her. She's usually the one to break up the fights between Irina and Andrea.
- Daddy's Girl: Was very close to her father and refuses to believe he betrayed his family and starts investigating Leonardo's accusations against him on her own.
- Damsel out of Distress: In episode 21 when Leonardo tries to rape her (again) in the ranch, Sofia managed to hurt him and get away.
- Green-Eyed Monster: She shown a sarcastic and pissed side when a woman seems attracted by Arturo like Isadora and Veronica (despite that was purely amically with the latter).
- Hates Being Touched: Developed this after her Near-Rape Experience, making her relationship with Leonardo unbearable. She gets better.
- Kindly Vet: She's the ranch's veterinarian and one of the nicest characters in the show.
- Official Couple: With Arturo.
- Proper Lady: Usually acts the part, but she's not really afraid to get her hands dirty.
- Rape as Backstory: Before the story started she suffered a Near-Rape Experience in the hands of an unknown thug when Leonardo rescued her.
- Rescue Romance: A twisted example with her romance with Leonardo, which started she decided she owed it to him after he rescued her.
- Your Cheating Heart: She begin a relationship with Arturo when she still married to Leonardo
Flavio Rey Gallardo Leon
Played By: Gonzalo Garcia Vivanco
- Becoming the Mask: Tried to seduce Irina as part of his revenge plan, but ended up falling for her for real.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: He's clever, but is not a hard worker and prefers to have an easy life.
- Chick Magnet: He's a womanizer and attracts all kinds of girls.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: He can become extremely jealous when a guy is interested by Irina.
- Gold Digger: Wants to marry into money instead of working for it. His revenge plan against the Del Junco involves him seducing Irina and stealing her money.
- Hot Blood: He has quite a temper and it doesn't take much to set him off.
- Knight Templar Big Brother: While all the Gallardo brothers are very protective of each other, he takes it the furthest, doing things like stalking Alma. It's why he took her death the hardest.
- Ladykiller in Love: He's a ladies man, but while trying to seduce Irina, ends up falling for her for real.
- Official Couple: With Irina.
- Revenge by Proxy: Wants to get revenge on Cayetana so bad, he doesn't care about using her daughters to do it. At least, not at first.
- The Smart Guy: Usually the one that comes up with the plans.
- Unscrupulous Hero: Of the Gallardo brothers, he's the most willing to fight dirty and is the one that comes up with their revenge plan involving the Del Junco sisters.
Irina Del Junco Belmonte
Played By: Kimberly Dos Ramos
- All Women Are Lustful: Sofia and Andrea act suspicious with the Gallardo brothers at first, Irina is much more friendly simply because she finds them hot.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Is the youngest of the Del Junco sisters, and is seen as irresponsible dead weigh by Andrea, at least at first.
- Black Sheep: She's the black sheep of the Del Junco family due to the scandals she gets involved in due to her adventurous personality.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Arguably the most jealous of the sisters, she became suspiciously omnipresent when Flavio is close of womens mostly Veronica.
- Dude Magnet: She attracts many suitors due to her beauty and flirtatious personality.
- The Fashionista: She's very into fashion and modeling, and her dream is to become a Fashion Model.
- Green-Eyed Monster: She was so jealous of Veronica that made her wicked and pissed towards her and Flavio.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: She likes going party hard at night and only comes back home in the morning with a hangover, much to her mother's fury.
- Ms. Fanservice: Wears the most revealing or elaborate outfits of the sisters.
- Official Couple: With Flavio.
- Really Gets Around: Has this reputation and hooks up a lot with ranch employers. Which is why Flavio picks her as the target of his revenge plan.
- The Tease: She's very flirtatious, even with the ranch workers.
- The Unfavorite: Cayetana's least favorite daughter due to her rebel lifestyle.
Samuel Rey Gallardo Leon
Played By: Christian De La Campa
- Amazon Chaser: Not at first, finding Andrea quite masculine. But after she saved him, he enjoys she defended him, finding her courageous. Moreover later he finds exciting to imagine her with a whip ready to defend him of his ex.
- Badass Adorable: Called "the baby" by his relatives and able to kick ass alone.
- Badass in Charge: When he became the director of the Houston bank.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Andrea spending a lot of their time arguing together. They fall into Unresolved Sexual Tension later, until They Do.
- Best For Last: He dated with Patricia in an on-off relationship, then he got married to Beatriz but Andrea is definitely the love of his life.
- Beware the Nice Ones: The nicest brother but be careful because he's relentless with his enemies particularly if they mess with his relatives.
- Chick Magnet: Four girls were attracted to him, nearly all at the same point. After the death of Beatriz, he's considered as one of the most desired men of Houston.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Samuel is not fond to see Patricia close of Ulises when he's dating her. But it's more prominent (even exaggerated) with Andrea when her English friend touches her. After this moment the "crazy" part is lampshaded by him and the "jealous" part by Andrea.
- Distracted by the Sexy: He's amazed by Andrea's body in episode 102 and again more in episode 112.
- Has a Type: Lampshaded by Patricia, Samuel prefers feminine womens but ironically he ends with a Tomboy who had a Girliness Upgrade.
- Hypocrite: He says to Beatriz he's faithful with women but he kissed Andrea three times when he dated Patricia (the second time is a drunk Andrea who kissed him but he doesn't stop her and even continues the kiss).
- Guys Smash, Girls Shoot: With Andrea during episode 113. She shoots on Nicholson then Samuel knocks him out.
- Green-Eyed Monster: When he sees Andrea with other guys, Samuel can be definitely this. He always made a grin or look away when Andrea appears close of Horacio, said the guy who she's dating at Paris is ugly and attacks her when she's smiling to Emilio. Even after they became an Official Couple, He shows to be very possessive. When Edward (the English guy) touches her, he becomes possessively jealous, saying Andrea is at him. After that, he apologizes saying he's going to try to control himself.
- Official Couple: With Andrea.
- Rags to Riches: Becomes rich when Beatriz dies and leaves her fortune to him.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Starts the story very naive, always being willing to trust of people. His relationship with Patricia falling apart makes him more cynical.
- Your Cheating Heart: He kissed Andrea sometimes when he was with Patricia.
Andrea Del Junco Belmonte
Played By: Scarlet Gruber
- The Ace: Andrea is the best of the ranch Del Junco in horse riding.
- Action Girl: She's talented in marksmanship and shown to be the strongest and courageous of the sisters. The best example is in episode 113 when she saves Samuel from gun dealers.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: She has long dark hair and is the most serious and cold of the sisters.
- Badass in Charge: She helps her mother with the administration of the ranch and she's shown to have great authority among employees, who generally respect her.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Samuel spending a lot of their time to arguing or fighting. It gets bad enough she starts having EroticDreams about him.
- Big Damn Heroes: Twice with Samuel. The first time is when Ulises with Murder the Hypotenuse tendencies tries to shoot on him; she prevents him from pulling the trigger in nick of time . The second time is during Samuel's rescue.
- Broken Pedestal: Her mother becomes this for her over time, as Andrea can't swallow her cruelties.
- Cowgirl: The only one of the Del Junco sisters who acts like one.
- Cute Bruiser: Andrea is shown to be pretty strong. She scratched Samuel deeply, grips his wrist to keep him from leaving, knocks out Nicholson smashing him with a gun and put in the ground Leonardo grabbing his hair.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: At the start of the story she's serious and stern and even a bit of a Jerkass at times, but warms up to people over time.
- Determinator: She's very brave and courageous like Flavio and Samuel lampshade this.
- The Dreaded: Due to her personality, people like Samuel (lampshaded by Irina) are afraid by her. Irina and Flavio too when they see her in the hospital's cafeteria because they always together (secretly).
- Dude Magnet: Andrea seems to attract several men: Samuel, Horacio, Flavio, Nicholson, a guy who try to abuse of her and a guy which she dated in Paris.
- The Dutiful Daughter: She's the closest of the sister to their mother and is more serious and dedicated to the ranch, much like her.
- Femme Fatale: Played this role twice. The first time, during episode 26, she wore an elegant black dress and had a cold behavior. The second time is in episode 105, she wore a short red dress. Leonardo lampshaded the trope.
- Green-Eyed Monster: She becomes very jealous and quite angry when Samuel is involved with someone. She is shown to be envious when he's married to Beatriz. After they become an Official Couple, she's shown to be a bit jealous of Patricia. But she finally gets out of this after few episodes (mostly because Patricia and her trade places)
- The Gunslinger: She shoots down on targets like cans or Nicholson's gun easily.
- Guys Smash, Girls Shoot: With Samuel in episode 113. She shoots on Nicholson to disarm him then Samuel knocks him out.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Thinks the world of both Cayetana and Leonardo at first.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: She's very skilled in marksmanship and demonstrates that often.
- Kicking Ass in All Her Finery: In episode 113, she attacked two criminals in an elegant blue dress.
- More Deadly Than the Male: In comparison with all of Gallardo brothers, she's this because they prefer to talk with their punches and dislike guns (wielding them for intimidating enemies but never use them). Andrea is more pragmatic to use them.
- Nice Hat: She often wears a custom cowboy hat.
- Number Two: For Cayetana during the early portions of the show, until she falls out of favor.
- Official Couple: With Samuel.
- One of the Boys: How she's seen by a lot of the ranch workers.
- Rich Bitch: The closest to this of the three sisters, as part of the reason she refuses to admit her feelings for Samuel is that she looks down on him being a peon. She drops this attitude after some Character Development.
- Technical Pacifist: She won't kill people but that doesn't mean she couldn't hurt or shoot on them.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: While she does look feminine enough, her personality and hobbies are very masculine.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Or rather a violently protective future girlfriend. During Samuel's rescue, she knocked out Malchovitch and disarmed Nicholson shooting on him before to release him. Even after she don't like when people want mess with him or within of their couple like Patricia.
- Weapon of Choice: Her shotgun. She takes it when she needs it.
Cayetana Belmonte Del Junco
Played By: Sonya Smith
- Action Mom: Subverted because she haves often seen wielding a gun or other long-range weapon but she actually never used it. Due to this fact, she falls in Faux Action Girl status.
- Action Survivor: Especially in the finale, she managed to stay in life against Isadora and Leonardo's violence.
- Abusive Parents: She can be both emotionally and physically abusive to her daughters.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Delivers these to anyone who dares to talk back to her.
- Awful Wedded Life: Her marriage with Ignacio left both very unhappy, which is why he sought a mistress in Alma. She's more angry about being humiliated by him cheating than the fact he didn't want her.
- Bad Boss: Doesn't treat hee employers very well, which is why some of them help the Gallardo brothers against her.
- My Beloved Smother: She's very controlling of her daughters and is especially furious once they decide to romance the Gallardo brothers.
- Cattle Baron: One of the biggest landowners in the region.
- Evil Matriarch: She's the head of the Del Junco family after Ignacio dies and can be very ruthless.
- Hypocrite: Berates Sofia on cheating on Leonardo, when she herself is sleeping with him.
- Ice Queen: She's usually a cold, calculating woman... unless you piss her off.
- Mama Bear: Don't hurt emotionally her daughters if you won't go in jail.
- Parental Favoritism: Andrea is the apple of her eyes. She takes it really bad when she turns against her too.
- Rancher: She's the owner of the Del Junco ranch, and runs it with the help of Andrea and Leonardo.
- Unholy Matrimony: With Leonardo, whom she later marries after he divorces from Sofia.
- Woman Scorned: After her husband cheats on her with Alma, she swears Revenge on the Gallardo family.
- Your Cheating Heart: Sleeps with Leonardo, despite him being her daughter's husband.
Played By: Fabian Rios
- Awful Wedded Life: He is very sexually frustrated in his marriage with Sofia since she won't let him touch her. He has the opposite problem in his marriage to Cayetana, finding her too clingy.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Shares the spot of the main antagonist of the story with the Valverde, as they're both trying to steal the Del Junco fortune.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Pretends to be an ally and a gentleman to the Del Junco family, but it's actually working against them and is a man of very bad character.
- The Casanova: He's very good at seducing women.
- The Chessmaster: A good one, Leonardo is easily the schemer of most dramas of the Telenovela.
- Combat Pragmatist: Leonardo shown to fight uniquely for win. During his hand-to-hand fight with Arturo in episode 49 , he striked him with a tree branch when his back was turned.
- The Evil Genius: Is one for Cayetana in the ranch, he's the one that comes up with the plans of dubious morality.
- Frame-Up: He pins the blame on the money he's been stealing from the ranch on Ignacio, making it look like he was going to run away with Alma and leave his family penniless.
- Gold Digger: Married into the Del Junco family in order to take over their ranch. When his marriage to Sofia falls apart, he seduces Cayetana instead.
- Hate Sink: There's nothing likable about Leonardo's character.
- Manipulative Bastard: He manipulates the entire Del Junco family so he can steal their fortunes, especially Cayetana.
- Marital Rape License: Tries to force himself on Sofia when she refuses to perform her wifely duties.
- Your Cheating Heart: Sleeps with Isadora behind Sofia and Cayetana's back during their marriage.
Played By: Adriana Lavat
- Adopt-a-Servant: A rare twisted version. Cayetana took her in from the streets as a servant... as long as she gave up her daughter to adoption. Soledad accepted it, but held a grudge with Cayetana over it.
- The Confidant: For almost all the main characters. She's almost willing to listen to their woes.
- Kindly Housekeeper: She is this for the Del Junco ranch.
- The Lost Lenore: Jose Antonio Gallardo is this for her. Their relationship is part of the reason she decides the help his sons.
- Parental Substitute: Acted as a mother figure for the Del Junco sister as they grew up, and also became one to the Gallardo brothers after the death of their sister.
- Revenge: Wants revenge against Cayetana for forcing her to give her daughter to adoption years ago.
- Secret Keeper: For Ignacio while he was still alive, she covered his affair with Alma from the rest of his family.
- Team Mom: Acts as a mother figure for the main characters.
- Undying Loyalty: Had this for Ignacio, which is why she decides to help the Gallardo brothers.
Played By: Isabella Castillo
- Cowgirl: Not only she dresses the part, she actually wins a ridding competition in the first episode.
- Cynicism Catalyst: Her death is what drove the Gallardo brothers into swearing revenge against the Del Junco.
- Humiliation Conga: Suffers one in the hands of Cayetana when she goes to Ignacio's funeral.
- MayDecember Romance: Is in love with Ignacio Del Junco, who's much older than her.
- The Mistress: Unknowingly for Ignacio, she thought he was already separated. Though he was planning on divorcing Cayetana to be with her, he dies before that can happen and she's seen as a mistress by his family.
Played By: Daniela Navarro
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Subverted, she uses a lot of makeup to hide the abuse she suffers.
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica for Samuel's Archie to Andrea's Betty. She's also the Archie with Samuel as her Betty and Ulises as her Veronica.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Fits the trope perfectly because she always verifies if something happens to Samuel (the fact became a running gag) when they are together and shown extreme jealousy towards Andrea and Beatriz. And to Ulises too when he was fakely engaged with Candela.
- The Diva: She's the main singer and attraction in the El Palenque night club.
- Fatal Flaw: Her vanity ultimately prevents her from being with Samuel, as he can't provide the luxurious lifestyle she wants.
- Gold Digger: Ultimately chooses Ulises and his money over love with Samuel, which she comes to regret. Ironically, Samuel becomes rich shortly after she leaves him, which is partly the reason she tries to seduce him back.
- Love Interest: For Samuel in the early parts of the story.
- Lust Object: For many men including Samuel, Emilio and Ulises.
- Ms. Fanservice: Not only does she wear many revealing outfits during her performances, she's also often seen in her underwear or less in her scenes in the backstage.
- Nice Hat: Wears a cowboy hat during her show.
- Proud Beauty: She's a vain woman and very proud of her good looks.
- Sexual Extortion: Is forced to sleep with her bosses as part of her job at the night club.
- Sex Goddess: Part of the reason Ulises is so taken with her and she's popular in El Palenque is that she's a fantastic lover. She taunts Andrea about it later, claiming Samuel will never forget about bedding her but Andrea tells her there's more to love than sex.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: She's attracted to Samuel due him being one of the few good men in her life. Downplayed as she eventually picks Ulises and his money over him, but comes to regret it.
- Stripperiffic: The Cowgirl outfits she wears during her performance show a lot of skin, usually Bare Your Midriff.
- The Tease: During her performances, she usually steps down into the audience and acts flirtatiously to her customers.
- Unrequited Love Switcheroo: Used to being pursued relentlessly by Samuel. Later in the story, she's the one that pursues him.
- Your Cheating Heart: She cheated on Ulise with Samuel at the beginning then cheats on Samuel (sometimes) with Ulises and after try to seduce Samuel when he became rich.
Played By: Ricardo Kleinbaum
- Bald of Evil: Bald and very evil.
- The Brute: He's Emilio chief enforcer.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Played With. He's very possessive of Patricia, yet doesn't mind her sleeping with other men, as long as its business. He becomes insanely jealous when she starts falling for Samuel for real.
- Evil Wears Black: Is usually seen wearing black outfits.
- Murder The Hypothenuse: At point he wants even kill Patricia as Samuel due to his jealousy.
- The Rival: For Samuel, as they both butt heads over Patricia.
Played By: Cynthia Olavarria
- Daddy's Little Villain: She's Emilio's daughter and part of his criminal organization.
- Dark Action Girl: Isadora is not afraid of action and is skilled with guns.
- Evil Redhead: A ruthless woman who has long red hair as her defining feature. She sometimes uses wigs to pass as a blonde when she's being sneaky.
- Inadequate Inheritor: Emilio looks down on her being his heir due to being a woman.
- The Vamp: She uses her sex appeal to manipulate men.
- Villainesses Want Heroes: Develops an obsessive love over Arturo.
- Yandere: She became very obsessive with Arturo and often wants to prevent him and Sofia to be together.
Played By: Omar Germenos
- Action Dad: Subverted because Isadora isn't his daughter but he's proficient with guns as an arms dealer.
- Adaptational Villainy: An odd case of a character who was a villain becoming more evil between adaptations. While Emilio's analogue in Pasión de gavilanes, Armando Navarro, was also a gun trafficker and did pretty despicable things with regards of Rosario (the Patricia analogue there), he had his lighter moments where he could come up as a No Respect Guy or even a Butt-Monkey, and didn't have as much of the repulsive views of Emilio. (Armando actually showed a lot of Villain Cred for Dínora, the Pasión de gavilanes equivalent of Isadora, and didn't foce the girls who worked on his nightclub to sleep with him.)
- Arms Dealer: His nightclub is merely a front for his gun trafficking business.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Works together with Leonardo to embezzle the Del Junco's family.
- The Don: He's the head of the Valverde family and all their illegal operations.
- He-Man Woman Hater: He's very misogynistic and doesn't think women as anything but sex objects. To his distaste, his only child and heir is a woman.
- Sexual Extortion: Forces the girls who work on his nightclub to sleep with him.
- Wicked Cultured: Like's to see himself as a gentleman, besides being rotten on the inside.
Played By: Eduardo Victoria
- Friend on the Force: He's an old friend of the Gallardo family and investigates Alma's death on their behalf.
- Married to the Job: He's never married, due to being dedicated to his job.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He's the local police captain, and is willing to believe the Gallardo brothers suspicion on Alma's death not being a suicide.