Students from a school based out of the Versailles palace in France. A more exclusive school than others of its kind, their students are called 'Elites'.
The Class rep. A somewhat arrogant young man in need of some wake-up calls.
- Adorkable: Has a tendency to talk to his stuffed animals.
- Companion Cube: Rowan's stuffed animal.
- Pretty Boy: Has the looks for it.
- Ship Tease: He falls for Maribelle after she shoots him down. She reciprocates.
Elite Medical Researcher
- Big Brother Instinct: Is protective of Liam.
- Hunk: Has rugged good looks.
Elite Cybersecurity Specialist
- Pretty Boy: Has good looks of a less traditionally masculine sort.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Has dressed as a girl before.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With his fiance, Gwendolyn.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Gwendolyn's Red.
Elite Real Estate Baron
An arrogant young British man who is already the CEO of his own company.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Wears a suit constantly.
- Bodyguard Crush: Has feelings towards Yasmine. The feelings were mutual, before she died.
- Hunk: Handsome and muscular.
Elite Tech Mogul
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Has two robotic arms extending over his shoulders.
- Tiny School Boy: The smallest boy in the group.
Elite Ballroom Dancer
A friendly young man who's light on his feet.
Killed during the dance.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: With Katalina, who is almost a foot taller than him.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: Killed right as he's asking Katalina to be his girlfriend.
A young American man with a secret.
- Elective Mute: Implied by Andrew.
- Parental Abandonment: His parents were ran over by bank robbers.
- Pretty Boy: Has the looks for it.
- Tulpa: Has four of them, each active depending on which piece of jewelry he's taken off. They developed over the course of his life.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Pink in this case.
The headstrong woman of the group, and one of the first to form.
Is struck on the head during the Gluttony motive.
- Berserk Button: Calling her an Amoral Attorney, along with seeing an injustice.
- Fiery Redhead: Is very passionate about her work.
- Hot-Blooded: See above.
- Punny Name: Justice, as in a court justice.
- Shout-Out: to Apollo Justice of Ace Attorney.
- The Smurfette Principle: The only female Tulpa.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Apples.
- Asexual: Admitted as such during the Lust Motive.
- Hunk: Is handsome.
- Punny Name: It's based on 'Hollywood'.
- Wingding Eyes: Stated as having stars in his eyes, presumably literally.
- Expressive Hair: His Ahoges wiggle.
- Graceful Loser: He didn't mind losing the game of Blackjack.
- Idiot Hair: He has 2 ahoges on his head.
- Shout-Out: His first name is an allusion to J.P. Morgan and frequently says Old sport.
Elite Renaissance Man
He's been missing since the story started.
- The Dragon: He seems to be unwillingly helping the game go on.
Maribelle Nevermind Peletier
A young Novoselician girl in line for the throne. Is somewhat arrogant in regards to the lower-class.
She is the accidental killer of the first case.
- Arranged Marriage: What her mother wants for her. And set up with Rowan's mother, behind both their backs.
- Decoy Protagonist: Seems like she'll be the co-protagonist alongside Rowan. Then she accidentally breaks Yasmine's skull.
- Fatal Flaw: She can let her emotions get the better of her.
- Marry for Love: What she wants for herself.
- Pink Is Feminine: She predominantly wears pink clothes.
- Shout-Out: Her design is intentionally based on a character from Fire Emblem.
- A Tragedy of Impulsiveness: She hit Yasmine over the head in a moment of anger, accidentally knocking her - fatally - into a counter head first.
A Spanish girl.
- Spicy Latina: Mexican and quite confrontational.
Elite Karakuri Crafter
- Blinding Bangs: As you can see in her artwork.
- Gag Boobs: And this is after she'd gotten their size reduced.
- Shipper on Deck: Is convinced the boys all have something going with each other.
Elite Postmodern Artist
A Scottish girl with an outgoing personality.
- Fiery Redhead: Has a vibrant personality and red hair.
- Happily Married: To Gabriel shortly before the second trial.
- Hot-Blooded: Very emotive, and prone to speak her mind.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to Gabriel's Blue.
Elite Private Chemist
A rather overweight girl from America who has a tendency to drone on with irrelevant stories.
- Big Eater: Eats a lot.
- Big Fun: Is a rather nice girl.
- Nouveau Riche: Has come into money more recently than the others.
- Southern Belle: Fits the trope well, (besides the weight).
Elouise Ivy Hewman
An Australian girl with an eye for clothes. Has a mouth on her.
- Brutal Honesty: Makes her opinions clear when she needs to, as Valentina can attest.
Elite Hair Stylist
An attractive Italian girl. Cares about her figure, and has trouble playing nice with others.
Is the second culprit.
- Alpha Bitch: Comes off like this most of the time.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Had an eating disorder. The fear of relapsing drove her to murder.
- Rags to Riches: Has mentioned building herself up from nothing.
A Dutch girl who has heard rumors concerning Versailles Academy.
She is the first found dead.
- The Alcoholic: Struggled with addiction, and the Killing Game caused her to backslide. Her room is found with several empty bottles.
- Bodyguard Crush: Was romantically inclined towards Maxwell.
Elite Doll Maker
A young Grecian girl. Always accompanied by a large panda doll named Hercules that carries her around, and a small human doll named Hermes who speaks for her.
- Non-Standard Character Design: Has an unnaturally small body.
- Token Mini-Moe: The smallest non-doll member of the cast.
A giant panda doll who carries around Marina.
- The Quiet One: Never speaks (if he even can).
A tiny humanoid doll who serves as the voice for Marina.
Is found destroyed during the Gluttony motive.
- Mouth of Sauron: A non-evil example, as Marina tends to speak through him before his destruction.
A duo of tiny creatures that curently run Versailles Academy. Might be run by the people controlling the game.
The Cardinal Pegasus of Virtue
A seemingly-kind white pegasus. She represents the Virtue motives.
- Knight Templar: Is unflinching about punishing 'sinners', cruelly if need be, even if the person in question only killed by accident due to a misunderstanding.
- Lack of Empathy: Feels none whatsoever for the murderers, regardless of what the context or circumstances may be.
- Pure Is Not Good: Is committed to the letter of the law over the spirit of it.
- Token Good Teammate: The allegedly good half of the two headmasters. Not so much, actually.
The Saint Lion of Sin
A rude golden lion. He represents the Sin motives.
- Reluctant Psycho: For all his talk, he seems reluctant to put the killers through their (rather grotesque) punishments. Beatrice couldn't care less.
- Verbal Tic: Ra ra!
The Headmistress of the Academy, and Rowan's mother.
Seems to be the Mastermind of the Killing Game, and probably the one controlling Beatrice.
- Education Mama: pushed Rowan to pursue his natural talent at fencing rather than his dream at piano.